setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] The Poor Filthy Thing - Page 4

[Private] The Poor Filthy Thing

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben

Re: [Private] The Poor Filthy Thing

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:21 pm

I knew about the organization, and I knew that, at least I think, Gayle had once been a part of it, had rank. Maybe she still did? Either way, I began to wish I could have had this meeting earlier. It was almost like I was just receiving my Welcome to Vampirism packet, complete with the “So You’re a Vampire Now” brochure. Would have been fucking nice. I can understand that. I was already seeing even in small ways how Gayle and this woman might have come to disagreement. I don’t think the word “discretion” was in Gayle’s vocabulary. Until I’d met this woman, I had almost assumed Gayle’s teeth were unable to be retracted due to her age or something. As hard as it was to believe Ursula’s age at her appearance, I could feel it.

There was a part of me sheerly interested in studying this woman. Well, she was hardly a woman physically, which was the point. It was easy for anyone to seem mature at first glance, but was there a part of her brain, her personality, that was stuck with an adolescent mentality? Alright, well we have at least a part of our planning under way, which is the goal. I knew Noelle would thank me, eventually, for freeing her. I couldn’t imagine Noelle enjoying the fact that she was forced to be so fucking infatuated with someone. Hypocritical of me? Not necessarily. I had a thing for her before all this, only I had never been honest about it. Would it have disappeared once I got what I wanted? Could it? I’d love to find out.

A drink, yes, but nothing more. I’m not a pedo- I stopped myself, Fuck, was she sensitive about that? I’ll just say I’m only looking for discretion and a place to sit, nothing more. Do I really come off that strong? I smirked, my right hand loosely gripping my left wrist as I walked.

The title isn’t important, the results are.

I knew of the rules, at least some of them. But any discussion of them had made them seem about as important as the speed limit on an abandoned road. She was right, and it was strange, but I didn’t like that she was right. Because by my family, she meant Noelle as well. Also, the word family cemented some form of a relationship with Gayle, whether I wanted it or not. I looked ahead, my eyes focused on a parked silver car, but I paid no attention to it.

I suppose family is an appropriate term. You can’t choose them just as people can’t choose theirs. But that wasn’t where my mind was focused. I was curious, I wanted to know more about the ladders, the structure, the organization. Climbing was all I knew, however, patience for a slow process wasn’t something I had.

I’ve heard… minimal amounts from Gayle. I purposefully left out Noelle’s name. No details, I’m afraid to say. But the last thing I find it to be is boring. These are the things I would love to know, but I’ve had a late start. I was proving my own point to myself about my patience. I wanted to learn more about Ursula, more about this government which Gayle had at least managed to mention the name; The Supremacy. It sounded obnoxious and corny, but I’m sure at the time the name was chosen maybe it wasn’t. Maybe it was a time when an image of authority was needed to bring closure to chaos and, as Ursula said, anarchy, to an entire race.

I understand climbing ladders, even appreciate it. That’s what I did my entire human life. I climbed a very difficult ladder to get to where I was when my human life ended. It’s part of why I’ve had a difficult time adjusting. To come into this felt like chaos to me. I would appreciate some order. But I’ll admit - I’m also impatient. I like to see results after hard work. So that’s my question for you. If I work for you, what kind of results will I see when it comes to that ladder?

Back to top Go down

Ursula Darwin |

Posted on Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:24 am

Planning to make plans was as far as I had intended to get with him on this fine evening. As I'd said many times before, one could never be too careful when making allies. And this abrupt meeting, however fortunate, hadn't granted me enough time to make the appropriate preparations. Just by discussing this with him and him offering me his approval of an alliance, meant the opportunity for treachery was a very real threat. One I needed to address with those at headquarters first. Because with any threat, comes punishment in equal measure. By association, this man had just agreed to a position in our ranks.

Pedophile, darling, the word is pedophile. I added on with mild interested as I watched my feet stroll over the cement walkway. Though I believe that would be my role in this fantasy life where you court me. I have many more years on you than you do me. I laughed, finding the whole topic incredibly trivial, yet peculiarly amusing at the same time. It was quite the conundrum. I looked up at him, making sure to catch his eyes with my own, And yes, you do. I smiled widely before turning my attention back to my toes.

Ah, you cannot choose them, but you definitely can avoid them. I only meet with my fifteen brothers and sisters once a year. It is a grand event, one I look forward to, and yet, can't wait to escape when the night is through. I admitted, more thinking aloud than anything else. Once our pact is sealed with blood you'll actually get to meet one of them. I'm sure she'll take a fancy to you, she always did appreciate a man with vigor. And she was the only sibling of mine that shared a role within the Supremacy. However, my role was by choice, hers was a punishment from our maker for being a mischievous little cunt.

Well I would be more than happy to give you a crash course in all things vampire. And I shall. If you have any questions, feel free to interrupt, I have a tendency to get carried when speaking of my passions. Thank Lilith this young vampire wasn't nearly as closed minded as the rest of his bloodline. So you know how it works then, don't you? Nothing comes easy, and nothing comes free they say, whoever ''they are. Knowing you have first hand experience with dedication and determination, I can skip all of the ''work hard'' inspirational mumbo jumbo. - Depending on your title, because with any great ladder comes titles one would hope to gain for their efforts, that would determine the rewards you reap. It all depends on where you hope to end up, but I can say those that show exceptional qualities in whichever departments they work for or roles they fill are greatly rewarded for going above and beyond. I myself had experienced those rewards for wrangling in that wolf and bringing forth the first discussion with Lilith herself in ages.

Most of us aim for power, some of us aim for wealth, a small handful only care for fame, but I... I am working towards changes you couldn't even begin to fathom. I smiled, finally looking up to make eye contact again.

I am going to change the world.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:02 pm

I dismissed it in my mind as an antique prude notion that never had completely left. I told myself if I had been hitting on her, she would know it, but I didn't dare speak it. The evidence was in her words, her style, I mean, God, the use of the word court. Who fucking courted anymore? And then it slightly hit me - was that what Noelle wanted from me? Is that what all fucking vampire women wanted? Some chaste knight fighting for them, risking their life, without so much as fucking second base? Was it some kind of sick joke and unspoken set of rules I wasn't privy to? I decided to shrug it off with a sheepish grin, and continue my mosey toward my flat. Hey, even if that was my goal, she was heading in my direction.

Fifteen. Damn. Alright, so, I was lucky, but then again, I was sure I could adapt after that many years to sharing Noelle. I was already forced to as it was. I wasn't a moron, I knew she bedded who she wanted when she wanted. I would, if I had the chance. Now that I wasn't literally in the middle of a fucking desert, I planned to. Would I go back to Sofia? I knew my blood had faded for sure, and well, now she already came with more strings than what I needed right now. That was an experiment gone not quite as planned. Sealing with blood, huh? Well I suppose I've already sold my soul so I'm sure I can spare some blood. Loose tongued, and slightly inebriated from a recent feed, I found all the shy bits of me quickly fading away; or, I was growing more comfortable with Ursula.

We passed under a tree, and I stepped up onto the stone landscaping border surrounding it, raising my arm so that my fingers brushed through the leaves. God, I knew I was somewhat invincible, but I felt so much more so when I fed from someone... unwilling. As a physician, my mind went to science, wondering one if there was any science to this, but two, if so, was it something in her own blood, the adrenaline maybe? I know I'm a man, Ursula, but I swear there's more to me than my... vigor. If you mean by that what I think you mean. But now that I wasn't exactly a doctor anymore, I had to figure out what that was. Maybe that was part of what Ursula would help me with. To which I now listened to what she described, and her answers of course bringing more questions. But I would try my best to be patient as I knew if she was as much down to business as she seemed, I just might get a job description along with benefits and pay.

I almost stopped - no, I did stop, and it wasn't what she said but how she said it. She seemed so sure. But then again, that was pretty much what Gayle had promised, and in a sense she delivered. However the impact was sadly lost on me. My short time avoiding the sun hadn't been much different than a long stint on night shift. The memory of it was a blur, though by Gayle's absence, I knew the impact for someone who had been centuries without the sun would certainly be world changing. I hated to admit it, but Ursula might be more similar to Gayle than she would like to admit. Wouldn't anyone who lived for hundreds of years in this world want to change it in some way?

Is that so? And am I privy yet as to how? Or does that also come with hard work? I stepped off the landscaping - it had been a long row of trees and rock, and back onto the pavement. I could see my building but we still had a bit of a walk if she was intending to follow me all the way. So, right, you were wanting to know earlier what I would want in return. Corner office, pension, company car? I grinned, but I was at least partially serious.

Back to top Go down

Ursula Darwin |

Posted on Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:46 am

The blood is what animates us. The blood is what bonds us. The blood is the center of our universe. Some of us just find it terribly difficult to admit that, oblivious that admission is initiation to freedom. So yes, while it may seem morbidly cliche my alliances are always signed in blood. Blood magic, courtesy of strong alliances that too had signed in blood, that would bind any soul that signed to the duties they surrendered themselves to. But of course, so many these days considered surrender such an act of blasphemy. So using any other word would always be to my benefit. And have you? I looked up, always intrigued by those that met the devil. He was such a ridiculous thing to fear, but fear itself was ridiculous so I suppose they cancelled one another out. Sold your soul? I grinned.

As much as I look forward to you demonstrating your worth, and as much as I am certain that becoming a vampire in some ways makes men even more enslaved to their needs and desires, I can promise you, if you ever assume I mean something erotic, always scroll down the list to the next explanation, the next interpretation, the next definition. They are far more likely to hold more meaning. Business was business, and I hardly considered men to be pleasure.

If you desire to know I will happily share... Threats are powerful tools, love. But those tools are made of plastic with a Fisher-Price label if one never follows through. Before sharing what I am going to share, I want to make it clear that I am not threatening you, I just want you to know my tools are made of silver and sharpened by those that have been impaled by them. Threatening, I'm sure, will never be a tool box that needs to be opened between the two of us, I'm sure. So maybe I was threatening to threat. However for all I knew this infant could have been a little Gayle spy wrapped deliciously in motivation for my cause. I wouldn't put it past her, she was a devious little thing at her core, deep in her heart, it was just disappointing to think she didn't wear her heart on her sleeve.

Do you feel powerful, Ben? Do you feel strong, nearly invincible? Is being what you are even remotely becoming a sensation unlike any other you've felt before? Do you feel like nearly anything is possible just because you are vampire? I asked curiously. His answer of course would determine if I would go on explaining to him about my plans to change the world. It would have no impact if he was one of those pathetic self loathing vampires. In fact, it would be my obligation to behead him right here and now if he was. How unfortunate it would be then, considering his survival played such a large part in my dealings with Gayle. I couldn't have his blood on my hands, yet, and deep down I hoped I wouldn't want his blood on my hands at all. Only time would tell, he wasn't a dog, loyalty wasn't built into vampires the way it was into wolves.

That and more. I replied quickly. Smiling at his interests in rewards. If only he knew how well he would fit into The Organization. You will be comfortable. I assured him, More than that. But of course we all have our agendas, our own goals. Once you know more I'm sure your desires will line up with my own.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:53 am

I would have been fine without an explanation, but there was something I didn’t like about her answer. I didn’t worship my food as a human, and I didn’t see myself beginning now. Granted, when I thought back, maybe I did. It was convenient for me to forget, until I was feeding again, just how powerful it made me feel. That euphoric feeling after eating that made me want to just swim in the stuff. It made me feel like a god. But that was an intimate moment for me, and a part of me wanted to keep it that way. But I knew if I survived being a vampire as long as this woman had, I was sure there were many ways in which my views would be changed. So I could easily respect what Ursula had said.

I can respect that. I paused before correcting myself, I do respect that. I was already immensely enjoying this conversation, perhaps more than I should have. If only I could speak like this with Noelle, without the stains of our connection, without my simultaneous frustration and need for her fogging my thoughts. It wasn’t like I wasn’t going to go seeking her first chance I got, but Ursula was filling a different need of mine, a need to understand my place rather than just… existing. Not just understanding it, but embracing it.

If God exists, then yes, there’s a fair chance I’ve sold my soul. But in the off chance he’s real, I don’t think I’d be very fond of the guy to begin with. Maybe it was a bit of a cliche thing to say, and it made me sound resentful, but how could you resent something you just simply didn’t believe in? As a human, I had lied a few times to patients, told them I’d pray for them or some shit. It was the fucking culture of old people and there wasn’t much escaping that especially in a small town. Even if I did find their blind faith in this completely absent God a bit frustrating, I had other priorities.

Well, I had assumed that about you, it’s obvious you have more class than that, but I know nothing about your acquaintances. I snuck a grin, hands now casually shoved in my pockets as I strolled along. Who would have thought I could feel this comfortable conversing with… something, someone as… what was the word for this girl.. Woman? A very well disguised threat to someone without the ability to sense the power behind that doll-like face. The thought of someone so young and innocent-looking, almost prudish being so capable of becoming a pure monster was what made her that much more terrifying. And to me, commanding of respect. She had done that, even without trying, she’d commanded my respect, unlike Gayle who I had felt had done nothing but waste her power and years of experience with this world. Okay, so I could see the sun again, but I was weaker for it, and almost resented that fact.
Ursula, I said, stopping to look at her, Someone would have to be a fool to entice a threat from you. Immediately, I was full of regret and I could feel my nose turning brown, but that wasn’t the way in which I meant it. I’m not trying to butter you up; I’m just not an idiot. I’m a mere novice with this new life but I can sense that you’re a force to be reckoned with and so far, I still find I value my life. With that I continued my walk, almost wondering what this would look like to anyone who passed by us. Maybe I looked like her older brother or young uncle, escorting her after some kind of formal function in which I was way under dressed. Especially with the blood stains on my shirt, which hopefully by now were a brownish color and resembled barbecue sauce.

Yes, I would say that about sums it up. The more I let go of my humanity the more I feel like a god. People look smaller, simpler, and I realize that we are simply superior. The doors to my building were now close, but I wasn’t sure she actually wanted to come inside, and might have been simply humoring me. I knew how I came off, and while it was usually my goal, I wasn’t trying to get her in my bed. But I wanted this conversation to continue, so I stopped where I was and moved onto the grass behind the sidewalk.

Well, it’s too early to say, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that were true. So what happens now? I rarely made business transactions, let alone with an ancient. Did I offer my cell number? Why would this be any different? So how should I expect you to contact me? Or how should I contact you for that matter?

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics