setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] The Poor Filthy Thing - Page 3

[Private] The Poor Filthy Thing

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] The Poor Filthy Thing

Ursula Darwin |

Posted on Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:17 pm

I had dangled the bait, and decided to let my companion reel them in. Playing along like a true gentleman, a team player of wondrous proportions. There was never a plan, not when eating on the fly. After all, mystery was an exhilarating part of life. And death. And a meal with a stranger would never fail to provide mystery. Technique was an incredibly defining attribute in ones arsenal. And combined with wonder, there was no greater part of being what we were than this moment right here.

I watched him work, smiling and tilting my head back to observe the show. It was like a play, one that met the same end every single time, but the manner in which it came to said end was always different. ''Please, just let us g-'' My, my, how rude. I placed my finger tips against my chest in shock. You should always grace a gentleman with a title when he asks. They both began avoiding eye contact, something I found even more appalling than their lack of an answer to such a simple question. ''Hope...'' the one on the left whispered sharply and the completely genuine laugh that followed dominated the space between us. Oh you poor child... There is no hope here. My eyebrows curled upwards as I reached forward to stroke her cheek, the concern and empathy in my voice apparent but not genuine.

''What do you want?!'' the other shouted, and I lifted their heads right below their chin with the index and middle finger on each hand, just enough to catch their gaze. Silence and stillness. my compulsion set in immediately, they were quiet, and they were frozen. Just long enough for me to do something I'd never done before. My attention turned to him as I began removing my gloves. I thought it wise to demonstrate the differences between free will and not while we discuss their end. I smiled wide and nodded my head in his direction, knowing quite well their ears were still working, and more importantly their eyes as I picked up one of the girls hands and dug my fingernail into the tip of her finger and offered it to my companion. For me, there is a balance I like to keep. Most choose one or the other, lazy compulsion to get what they want, or brute and savage force. The gifts we possess, darling, allow us to revel in both. Choosing simply one or the other is like owning a sports car but only taking it for a spin once a year. I of course would not judge your eating habits, I only wished to express the method that brings me the most satisfaction. I grinned as I tilted my head to the side sweetly.

And how does she taste? I asked before releasing both women from my compulsion. Hope and? I asked, still waiting for the ladies to answer his question. By this time there were tears in the others eyes, the nameless one. ''Janelle! Her name's Janelle!'' Hope pleaded. Well darling? Shall you have a taste from Hope to see which flavor you prefer? I of course don't mind seconds.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:55 pm

I suggest listening to the lady, I suggested, catching her eye with a fanged smile, She always gets what she wants. I had hoped there was a hint of suggestion there, a precursor to my formal acceptance of her offer. Of course she was right, I wasn't sure what I wanted in return, especially when I didn't know exactly what she had to offer. Sometimes I could swear that there was still a heart beating within my chest, especially in moments like this. I hadn't felt so at home with my new life in weeks, maybe months. I knew I'd feel no guilt for this, and when I was honest with myself, these people started to become sheep before I had even been turned. I could probably tell you all and Hope, and even her parents. Hope was probably still a stick figure on her mom's minivan. I could go on, but it would be the most boring story you'd ever heard in your life.

Exactly; like everything else in life, it's never appreciated until it's taken away. I spoke this looking directly into Hope's eyes, my anticipation so great that I'd actually pierced holes in my own lip. I thought I might let tonight be ladies' choice, knowing that they were currently experiencing what it was like to have that choice taken away. Good behavior would earn it back - the right for them to choose at least a few minor details in their demise. I thought that would be more than gracious. What do you think, Hope, Janelle? This was better than any meal I'd experienced as a human, because it fed more than my stomach, it gave me more than life sustaining nutrition. It fed something deep in me, some rage, some anger that I'd suppressed. It fed the new being that I was. And... it simply entertained me.

Janelle's wrist was in my hand, my eyes fixed on hers as if I was romancing her, and I moved the finger to my lips letting the "free sample" mix with my own, but careful not to let my own anywhere near her wound. I was about as ready to be a sire as I had been to be a father when I was human. No, no, sometimes you know exactly what you want. I let her hand fall to her side, and she didn't move. I could hear her heart though, clear enough to hear the PVCs - or I should say the skipped beats and irregular rhythms.
So what will it be, Miss Janelle, free will? Or I can take the burden from you. That's what everyone wants, isn't it? No choice means to never choose wrongly.
"Can you make it p-painless?"
I laughed, and then I laughed some more, now smiling at my new acquaintance.
There's no fun in that, Janelle. I reached for her hair, pulling down so that her eyes were on the stars, my teeth now tearing into her neck.

Back to top Go down

Ursula Darwin |

Posted on Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:02 pm

I could tell now, we were going to be great partners. However, as I had expressed, I believed in balance. I would not be a figure for him to shower in gifts. No, no, that was what he had his maker for. The selfish vampire that thought she was being clever by inserting herself into my crew of loyal subjects. I was more than capable of getting what I wanted on my own, and if I wanted a patsy, I would surely choose one of the humans in our guard of disposables. My new companion would be a business associate, a student, and... I suppose I would sort out all of his titles later, but the one thing he would never be, was my puppet.

Wise words for the mortals to contemplate while they await their death, I'm sure. I clasped my hands together in front of me and and tilted my cheek into my shoulder, smiling and batting my eyelashes in appreciation. It was not a flirt, in fact it was the furthest thing from a flirt, but it was always in a woman's best interest to reward a man's good behavior with some form of physical reaction. I do hope you know what you want most of the time, we may be immortal, but if our alliance is to go without hitch I would like to be certain that I'm not dealing with uncertainty. I rattled on, but the truth was, I fully expected him to ignore what I was saying. He was far too distracted with his new toys to give too much thought to our previous conversation, which reminded me. Right, my bad, I don't want to spoil your spoils. Go on now, take a bite of the forbidden fruit.

I placed palm in palm and rested my cheek against the back side of my hand as I admired his kindness towards the ladies. As I said, a gentleman, giving you ladies the choice you ultimately don't have the freedom of deciding. I spoke dramatically, my speech turning to fanged hisses and reddened eyes as he finally granted himself the pleasure of a drink. Hope began screaming violently before running down the center of the street crazed and aimless. Oh dear, I suppose I should go capture my meal before it breaks my line. I laughed, disappearing in a blur and landing right in front of her with arms crossed. I brought up my finger to wag it from side to side. I must admit, I'm shocked. You left your friend to bleed and die on the street. Even more despicable you thought you could live knowing what you had done. Abandoning a friend in need, tsk tsk darling, poor form indeed. Unfortunately for you I am the reaper, and I am here to collect. Now, would you like to share your sins with me, or shall I drain you first and let you share them with your God?

I felt a sharp sting against my cheek, one that of course only riled me up. The human had slapped me! Fair enough, I hope he is more forgiving than I. I grinned wide as I, without warning, and with exceptional speed and ferociousness sunk my teeth into her neck, ripping her flesh as I tore a wound that sent her blood practically pouring into my mouth like a small stream. It didn't take long for me to have my fill, and when I had, I let her body fall to the ground as I used my thumb  to clean up the mess I had made of myself. After I was certain most of my appearance had returned to something close to respectable, I reached down to grab her by her hair and drag her back to where my companion was waiting.

As I neared I slumped her against a pole and pulled out my phone. I'm just going to call a cleanup crew, no rush love, get your fill. I quietly directed my words towards the backside of Bens head. I sent out the message with the location and took a moment to push back a stray hair that had fallen out of place. Now... I reached for his shoulder to pull him from his meal, Just how interested are you in taking that crown off of Gayle's pretty little head? I said with a mischievous grin.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:47 pm

The world disappeared around me as it always did when I fed, a feeling which seemed to last forever and yet never long enough. Once I was past sated, the blood still oozing in a small stream, I wiped some of it across my face, my hand moving down toward my neck. I stopped myself once I had come to enough to remember I wasn’t alone, and I had someone to impress. This wasn’t the place for a “bath”. I shoved the body down now, as if I was disgusted and almost laughing at the thud as her skull hit the pavement. For whatever reason, it wasn’t the sound I expected, but something else wasn’t what I had expected, either. Did I hear the words cleanup?

Cleanup crew? I asked, now standing up and feeling her pull, wondering if I should start carrying wet-naps in my pocket like a fucking soccer mom. No, I was sure that at least myself, if I looked at the image of my blood smeared face in the mirror I would certainly stand a little straighter. I liked it, I enjoyed it. Are they exclusive? I don’t suppose they have business cards. My grin was facing Ursula, although I was slightly annoyed that she’d felt the need to stop me. Was it because I was embarrassed at the time I’d taken? Maybe. Anyone as new at this would likely still be guessing at some social norms they may or may not be missing. But no, it was more that it had taken me aback in my moment. It didn’t matter, she was my superior like it or not.

Gayle, right - one of the very names that had bonded us for the evening. Very. Simply put. Of course, I didn’t feel the need to explain why, I would if she asked. What do you have in mind? I began my walk, now going in the direction I had begun the night; toward my home which I hadn’t seen in ages. If she wanted to go somewhere else then she could specify.

I don’t know if you enjoy wine, but I have a few decent bottles back at the homestead if you’re interested in talking over a glass. I didn’t give a shit if she liked wine, of course, it was simply my way of inviting her. Of course it doesn’t matter what we drink, as long as we discuss the crumbling of a kingdom. I could have quickly arrived home, but I preferred a leisurely pace so that I could get to know my new acquaintance. The more I walked, the more questions I wanted to ask, but I knew I’d have to keep that at a leisurely pace as well. It was needless to say if you knew anyone for too long, it was easy to become enemies. How many lifetimes had she known Gayle and just what exactly happened between them? I wanted to know, and I wanted Noelle to know, but I knew it wouldn’t matter.

If I could ask - how long has this been a desire of yours?

Back to top Go down

Ursula Darwin |

Posted on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:26 pm

I glanced at his meal as it hit the ground, and stared at it with as much interest as one would stare at a dropped scoop of ice cream. Not much. Not exactly. I replied, smiling in endearment at his post feed appearance. I belong to a certain organization of vampires. Cleanup crews aren't even remotely considered the best perk of business, but they are a necessary tool at our disposal. I gently nudged the girls hand with the toe of my shoes. We don't exactly care for our kind to become public knowledge. But not all of us exactly condone feeding from the willing either. So I suppose you could view our cleanup crew the equivalent of doing your dishes after dinner. It's a responsibility that maintains our comfort of living.

A benefit he could surely take advantage of if he was going to join our ranks. But it would take more than a simple meal together to ensure his loyalties weren't misplaced. Considering his lineage, I had no choice but to assume the worst. While I expected the best of him, and there were shining moments in our short time together that had me rather optimistic, there was one thing I had kept in mind all along. He could potentially be an enemy to the cause. And anything I had said to him thus far, was nothing I didn't want Gayle to hear directly. Call it my insurance policy, one that benefited me quite well no matter who this baby vampire was loyal to. On one hand, he could reveal his interest in the cause, on the other, Gayle would think exactly what I wanted her to think, that she was my target. All is well that ends well, and this would no doubt end well.

I wouldn't say I have anything particular in mind, for now let's just say... I'm looking to make plans to make plans. I placed a hand on my hip and smiled, fangs and all as my feet started carrying me in the direction of him, wherever it was he was going. My eyes lit up, and smile widened. Oh dear, I do believe you just asked me for a drink. Admittedly I was known to mix pleasure with business, but that was simply because my business was usually one of pain. And they both went so well together, it was impossible to separate the two. However, I found nothing necessary in bonding with the baby vamp in that way. I wouldn't hurt his pride however, so instead I skirted the topic, verbally dancing around it like a maypole. A crumbling of a kingdom indeed. Though I like to think of it more like... I tapped my finger over my lips and spun my wrist around to point that same finger to the sky. A usurping! Oh no, that wasn't quite right either. No... I suppose we can think of a title later.

I linked my arm with his again, using that particular physical connection to slow our pace. I will tell you right now that I do not desire for Gayle to suffer, in any way, not for an extended period of time anyway. I only desire for someone else to take her place, someone I can count on, an ally of sorts. Her suffering will only be a necessity if she doesn't go quietly, and will no doubt come to pass once she no longer rules over those who fear her. - And time is such a finicky thing. When you've lived through so much of it, it can be hard to separate the horses from the carriages from the cars. So maybe an easier question would be why, rather than ''how long''.

I have no doubt you are uneducated in the laws of our kind. The nest you come from has probably raised you to believe that with vampirism comes freedom in it's truest form. And this would be why I desire what I desire. Because you, child, are from a family of anarchists that will be the death of you simply by keeping you in the dark. We do have laws, we do have leaders, we do have rules, a way of life, we even have religion. All of which I'm sure sounds like a bore, but I can promise you there is more to us that feeding and compulsion. We can have purpose. There is a social, political, and religious ladder for vampires to climb, just as there is for humans. The only difference is... The rewards you will reap as a vampire for reaching the top are far superior to the rewards a human can acquire. The climb may be longer, but that's only because we're not hindered by the time restraints of human kind.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics