setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] The Poor Filthy Thing

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ursula Darwin |

Posted on Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:28 pm

Thread Details
The Streets of Owl Heights | Calm & Clear | 11:27 P.M.

Outfit Let's remove that weird flower thing on the chest of the dress, change her gloves to black leather to match her shoes [just use your imagination for both of these.] Get rid of the pearls, and envision a black fur over her shoulders.

''Is the ancient going to be a problem?''

Gayle? I think not. Her attempts to get my attention by throwing herself in the middle of those I hold near and dear is hardly important. Just as long as she thinks she's winning, everything should be fine.

''And what if she's playing you? I can't say your history with her doesn't make the council nervous.''

I have proved my loyalty to The Supremacy, Lilith, and the cause time and time again. Question me again at your own peril, human. I stared at him intently, long enough to cause discomfort before turning my attention back to adjusting the fur around my neck. Wolf fur, alpha to be exact. It wasn't the most gorgeous fur I owned, but it sent a message. And when did this ''ancient'' nonsense begin? Or have you forgotten my age? It was a question I didn't expect an answer to.

''And what of the stray?''

I don't have time to indulge the lies of a boozy informant. Until I see this apparent ''stray'' with my own eyes, the mission will continue to take priority.

''Collin approved the sighting himself. Are you questioning his authority?'' Collin is a washed up has been with far too many years under his belt to be deemed a reliable source. ''He's the head of the council!'' And at his core a politician! Need I remind you he's the one that set the alpha free? He cares not for Lilith, or our duties to her. He cares for wealth first. If not for him this endless game of cat and mouse could have been avoided. ''I will have to report this, I'm sure you understand.''

I turned to my companion. Please, don't take this the wrong way. I do not fear Collin, nor do I fear his band of loyal rejects. But I can't have you getting in the middle of my plans and destroying what I've spent my life trying to achieve. It's nothing personal. I smiled at him sweetly as I finger by finger pulled my gloves from my hands. Loose ends aren't my style. I looked at him lovingly, placing each hand on either side of his face delicately before sliding my hands to either side of his head and giving it a forceful twist, snapping his neck. His body went limp, and I placed my gloves back on with a sigh, taking the time to adjust his tie before getting up from the bench I had been sitting and dusting off my dress. I turned to look at my now deceased companion, crossing one arm over my chest to use as a foundation to prop my other elbow onto, my finger lightly tapping my lower lip. I reached forward to nudge his shoulder, watching his body slide horizontal onto the bench, and reached down to pick up his legs to position them properly, making it appear he was sleeping. I then reached for a nearby dirty newspaper and covered him up, and only moments after, a couple walked by.

Appalling isn't it? They looked at me strangely and in unison forced a fake smile. The poor filthy thing, having to use newspaper to shield himself from the elements. I reached into my coin purse and tossed a quarter at his body, missing and hitting him right in his eye. Clearly drunk and passed out too. What a shame. I shook my head in disapproval and took off in the opposite direction, looking for a new bench to park my behind.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Re: [Private] The Poor Filthy Thing

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:48 pm

Outfit

To listen to Sig, coming back here meant getting shot on sight. Or however it was they wanted to kill me. (Whoever the fuck they were.) I was beginning to realize my involvement in any of it was simply due to his delusions. No sign of anyone following me, no sign really that anyone even knew me. Compared to emptiness of the desert, Index felt full and bustling - but I knew better. Compared to my own memory, it was... quiet. An off-putting kind of quiet. Not many out at this time of night in a nice neighborhood like this, a few cars with a few familiar faces behind the wheel - must have been coming home from a short shift at this time of night. Some doctors, some the nurses they were married to. All racing to get home. I'd likely return to my condo, but not to my job. I was finally beginning to see the bigger picture now, I was on the other side of the facade of careers and jobs and basically the busy work humans did that in the long scheme of things was so insignificant. I was at least fleetingly proud of myself; I hadn't expected a moment like this for years to come. I realized though, it was only a baby step. I'd watched my dad put a bullet through his brain. I saw actual brain matter come out of the hole. Yeah, the image was stuck in my mind, but I didn't feel so affected by it. I felt like I had lots of puzzle pieces, but all from completely different puzzles. I could dig, investigate, question. But instead I threw away the pieces and went home.

I didn't have to come home, but really I did. At least briefly. Whether I liked it or not, I needed Noelle. I at the very least needed to see her. At this point it was more like an addiction, though. I didn't expect to get high from her. I didn't want or expect angry sex or even a shared dinner. I just needed a maintenance dose. Just to hear her, see her face, touch her - then maybe I could be off again. I wouldn't know until it happened. Noelle evolved so much, whether she realized it or not. Not for the better, not for worse - but every time I saw her she seemed so much more comfortable with who she was. Must be fucking nice, right?

But something was missing. Someone. Sofia. As soon as I'd hit the Washington state line I searching for that strange ability to sense her direction - but there was nothing. Two names came to mind - Shane and Noelle. It had to be one of the two. Did I feel lovesick? Protective? It didn't feel as strong as either. It just felt so... pointless. A waste. She really wasn't a human who deserved to die, and I knew I'd dragged her into this circle. Yeah, I was guilty, but I wasn't going to spend much time dwelling on that.

Instead, hands in pockets, I continued on the sidewalks - actually nice sidewalks with missing squares here and there for trees and foliage. It was the nicer part of town - no litter, not because people didn't litter but because someone was actually paid to clean it up. Newly painted benches, old but nicely kept storefronts... and the streets were well lit. Not many on foot this time, but there were a few ahead of me. The faint voices of a man and a woman, which was just a conversation until one of the words stood out - ancient. I continued walking for a few more yards but once I realized that she was a vampire as well, I took a seat at the nearest bench. I didn't feel like being social, not to mention the tone of their conversation sounded like something they didn't want heard. Fine by me, one less puzzle piece of a puzzle I didn't care to see. What the fuck was I going to do? Wait them out? I took out my phone, checking the time and sliding it back into my pocket when I heard the crunching sound. The sound I'd first heard up close during CPR, but my eyes snuck a glance toward the direction where I saw her slide the man down onto the bench. Yeah, good call on staying around - but for fucks' sake, I wanted to get home, and their conversation was over. So I stood up, hoping that the female would at least notice I'd given her.. business... some privacy before I'd moved on. Two more heartbeats walking by, obviously clueless as to the man's real condition. At this point I was near the whole scene, and could tell - her power rivaled that of Gayle. So she wasn't the only ancient in town, and I almost felt a bit of relief knowing it might not have been Gayle that they spoke of.

If not high as a kite, I said with a wink, once I realize she had for sure seen me. Again, I'd hoped she would take it as a token that I "saw nothing". I had respect for power, even if it was only for my own self preservation.

Back to top Go down

Ursula Darwin |

Posted on Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:25 am

The nature of my visit to the small town of Index was... Well, I wasn't entirely sure yet. The wolf had tried to fool me by handing over a fake journal and ring, and I'd let him think he was successful. I'd come to realize the alpha was far more inclined to make mistakes when he thought he was in the clear, and I was depending on those mistakes in order to steal the objects I needed right from under his sad little nose. I suppose I just wanted to get a feel for the little town the alpha had come to call home. The appeal was lost on me. I couldn't for the life of me understand what this one pony town could offer. The locals were moderately amusing, but I couldn't necessarily go on snapping necks just to strike conversation with them, now could I? Or I suppose I could, but even murder was dull entertainment when you'd lived as long as I had. I preferred more creative methods anyway.

The vampire culture however, intrigued me. Why infest such a small town when the city produced more children on a yearly average? More children meant more bodies to replace those that would inevitably pile up in back alley dumpsters. I refused to believe vampires actually sought out a night at Poison. That was just far too sad to accept. It wasn't exactly the best vampire bar I'd been to, I wouldn't even rank it in my top one hundred. And considering the wolves had been allowed to flourish, I couldn't expect the ignorant vampires that did live here came for a tasty treat of wolf blood. I mean really, were they so lazy they didn't even try to to get a bite? It was depressing.

I walked slowly, one foot after the other as casual as could be. I did sense the presence of vampire, but what I didn't predict was the voice that followed. Naturally I had assumed this stranger would pick up that sweet innocent couple for a drink. But it was apparent his own hunger wasn't a priority, I was, and it was all too flattering for my heart to take.

I finally looked at the man over my shoulder, a smile slowly emerging as I spun on my heels to fully face him. Oh, how lovely. Drunk, high, and seeking shelter under newspaper. Shall we give him a tragic life of loneliness and erectile dysfunction as well? I giggled, placing both hands over my mouth as if I'd just been caught doing something naughty, which wasn't entirely untrue.

When my hands fell I narrowed my eyes, smile still spread wide across my face. Business or pleasure? I asked curiously in reference to his plans for the evening. The thought had crossed my mind that if he was here talking to me, that maybe it was a combination of both.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:12 pm

Seems appropriate, I said in agreement. I stopped myself from asking why she hadn't eaten the guy but then I remembered that my intention was to keep my nose from her business. Still, the thought occurred to me that he must have been an enemy. Either he had no idea what or who she was, he had a death wish, or he was a fucking idiot. It was about this time the details of her dress came to my attention. Very classy, very vintage - yet probably still something new for her. I wondered if time would have that effect on me - if the decades and fads would blur together and I'd lose track and just say "fuck it" and chose my favorite. But her, it only looked out of place in the way that she was classier by far than the richest person in this town.

It definitely isn't pleasure, I said, glancing to the side as if noticing my location. Just returning home from business, really. I see you haven't touched your plate. Does that mean you're not hungry? I took a couple steps back so that I could rest my back on the street lamp behind me. I could go for a snack, if you'd like to join me. I didn't expect her to take the offer, I was probably pond scum to her, but I didn't care. The worst she could do was say no, and there was no way she'd say yes if I didn't ask. I wanted to find out more about her, and meet an ancient who wasn't... Gayle. Were they all as fucking nuts as she?

Back to top Go down

Ursula Darwin |

Posted on Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:34 pm

I smiled and nodded once as I pondered over all the ways I could make this a night to remember. For me, it would most likely fade away as with most small town memories, but for him... The brave and youthful vampire that sought out conversation with me of all people; Well, let's just say I was pondering all the ways I could leave a stamp on his memory. With infinite life came an inspiring revelation, no one was forever a stranger. So it was always wise to put your best foot forward and leave your mark, because a few months, years, or decades later, it was almost guaranteed to pay off.

The night is young, so might I suggest we change that? It wasn't pleasure, I wouldn't correct him of course, a man's ego was as delicate as an egg. Plus this one was just all too sad, roaming the streets of nowheresville alone and putting emphasis on his lack of pleasure. It was nearly as tragic as the life I'd given my human companion. The only difference was my new companion wasn't nearly as fragile, so there was still hope for him. Oh how lovely, a dinner invitation. Let's find something delicious then shall we? I bowed my head and extended my arm to link with his. You can call me Ursula, and I can call you?

Names were incredibly important to our kind. The names you chose to go by for the duration of your long, long life would stick with you forever. It didn't matter if you changed it a million times, to those that met you under any alias, you would forever be that name to them. And that was exactly what made this moment so incredibly exciting, because as I could sense his youth, I could only assume he would still call himself by his human name. And as the remaining relationships from his human life would eventually die off, I would be one of the few to remember him by the title of his previous life. It was an exclusive club, one I was more than happy to be a part of. And while we hunt maybe you can answer some questions for me? Seeing as you're a local. He had said he was returning home. Like how much you know about the wolves that live in the surrounding wood, and the ancient that frequents this sleepy little town.

So maybe the town wasn't that small, but it definitely didn't fit into the large category either. That wasn't the point anyway, I wanted to know what Gayle was up to. It was all too... Strange to me; Her having business here and what that business was. And getting a locals point of view on the wolves was always a good idea, maybe this one could give me some inside information. A girl can never have too much leverage.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics