setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Misery Business - Page 10

[Private] Misery Business

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Misery Business

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:08 pm

This right here was exactly why I wouldn't have believed you back then! I laughed, which might have seemed out of place. Secrets, fucking secrets. I didn't exactly write my own secrets on my forehead but half of my secrets were kept to protect others, and the other half were kept to protect myself. Her secrets just seemed more and more schemey, the kind you keep for personal gain. Fine. I glared, happy that she made a promise, but angry for being happy about it because who the fuck knew if she was telling the truth this time. Jesus fucking shit. I don't want to know so I can send them in the fucking corner to think about what they've done. Fuck, I just want to know who I can trust and can't, it's that simple. What the fuck did she take me for? A pathetic little child that wanted to tattle on someone for being a liar? Give me a fucking break.

I couldn't help but laugh along with her. But the truth was far more fucking depressing. Or ironic, yeah, definitely ironic. Stuck in the middle of a pack of disobedient wolves with the gift of compulsion, a gift that didn't even fucking work on my own kind. There was something really fucking twisted about that. Maybe the ancestors were a bunch of bored sadistic idiots that derived pleasure from the shit show that was my life. I'd take minor headaches and free drinks over the horror show yours reduces you to any day. Did I have that right? Fuck if I knew. I didn't exactly keep a log of wolves and their abilities.

Was she hiding something? It was a partial shot in the dark, and partial fact through experiences and strong belief. She'd shared a lot tonight, I'd shared a little bit less, but it was the fact that she'd shared so much that made it so easy for me to believe she hadn't shared it all. What better way to convince me you're an open book than to spill your guts and make me think you're being open and honest about everything when really you're keeping your more valuable secrets tucked away? I was convinced there was something else hidden in that head of hers, more secrets to be discovered, but it had nothing to do with anything she'd said or done. I just didn't fucking trust her, or anyone, it was a learned trait I guess. Expecting someone is hiding something all of the time was exhausting, but it was fucking smart too. And if I wasn't fucking telling her everything, she sure as fuck wasn't either. She'd made it perfectly clear earlier that she didn't do something for nothing. And I hadn't exactly given her enough to repay me with information.

What? Now I really was fucking disgusted. And you have the balls to judge my taste in mates? Wait a fucking minute, that wasn't the bigger revelation here. What the fuck? So it wasn't just him planning this ''hostile takeover'' bullshit. You just didn't lend an ear to his complaints because you wanted that role all to yourself. Jesus fucking Christ does anyone in this fucking world believe in loyalty? Is anyone fucking genuine at all? What was the fucking point in playing nice with anyone if everyone was just a fucking leech looking for their next victim to suck the life out of for their own selfish fucking gain. I fucking hate everyone. I muttered, glaring at the wall on the opposite side of the room, completely sucked into a violent thought process. One where all of these backstabbing fuckers, including her, got exactly what they deserved.

I sighed, and with it, I pushed all of this new information into the back of my mind where I could rage about it later. The plan is this... It was a really fucking shitty plan. We need allies. So we're going to find all the survivors we can, and reach out to other packs and hope to god that in exchange for information about whats going on so they can prepare themselves, they'll actually be willing to help us be rid of this fucking problem for good. Unless of course you've managed to leave a shitty impression on other packs across the states. And... Then... I don't fucking know. I guess we'll just take it from there.

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:56 pm

This was a fucking merry go round and I wanted off. The old me wouldn’t have bothered with this shit at all. I couldn’t even pawn it all off to my prophecy. I wanted so bad for this to work out. I could have a home now. It wasn’t that I desperately needed it to be with the Pacific Pack, or whatever was left of it but this was the best opportunity I had right now for something I’d never had, not even as a human. “I can fucking tell you till I’m blue in the face that you can trust me, but are you going to believe me? Noooooooo.” Elongating the final word obnoxiously I waited till there was no breath left in my lungs before I barreled right into another diluted tirade. “I would say that actions speak louder than words but then that’s digging my own grave because you’re so hung up on what happened years ago.” Funny to think it had been that long. The exact time period was lost on me since I was almost completely unaware of how much time I had spent wandering. Vamp Blood alarms had knocked down time to small increments, and they always changed too, so fucked if I had a clue.

“Just because you’ve been ignoring yours, doesn’t mean the rest of us are riding in the same boat.” There were some things I was obviously keeping to myself. Some were so devastating to any trust we had that I would never utter them unless tortured to death. One was my prophecy itself. Yet others had to do with strategic positioning. I wasn’t on a vendetta to become Queen of the Pacific or anything, but if shit went south in a bullet train I wanted to have some way of not getting rick rolled. My ability and its changes could help both of us in the coming months however, so giving him a sip of the cocktail wasn’t actually a terrible idea. “That whole, brain hemorrhage thing is under control now, kinda, and I can time jump and ever so slightly pause things…which is fucking unreal….do some training Onyx you’ll be surprised at what happens” I’d used it a total of three times in a row for a total of sixteen minutes, two six minute jumps and one four before it felt like my eyes were liquefying. The time pauses between each were so brief, but who knows? Could be useful.

Fury was a difficult emotion to control and one that flicked my yellow glowing eyes on like a light switch. How fucking dare he! I stewed on the couch eyes aflame my head turned away from him as he outlined a plan that wasn’t actually too bad. Not one that I could help with currently as it required some fast paced long distance travel, but a decent starting point. Rage erupted out of me moments after he had finished his dictation and I lept from the couch. Turning my Warlord gaze to him I stalked over to his position and loomed over him. “Are you constantly going to throw my past choices in my face? I was a lone wolf what do you expect from me? A fucking fruit basket and undying love? Fucken fucking fuck! Packs don’t just take on loners like fucking orphaned kids we are fucked for life unless we take what we want! So excuse fucking me that I saw opportunities in your rebels and took advantage…..and you know what, fuck you! At least I was screwing the son of a Pack Master not random bitches from One Shot!” Breathing heavily from the force of my rant I knew I was walking on ice. Be Kind. Be Open. Fuck my life, the Ancestors still hated me.

“As I said before, you’re stuck in the past, I’m looking to the future, super plan I’ll get started tomorrow…or maybe the next day.” My eyes flitted out to normal as I looked down at my arm. If I coated it in Fanger blood it could be within twenty four hours. Try explaining that to Onyx though.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:58 pm

I'd promise to lay off the trust thing, but it'd be a lie. This is why you should always build bridges instead of burning them. It's the fundamental fucking rule of life for fucks sake. As much as you may hate the fucking repercussions of your actions, that's what this is. Maybe she could earn that trust back, maybe she couldn't. And maybe some people wouldn't take it to the extremes I did, but I was so fucking tired of secrets, betrayal, and allies that turned out to be backstabbing fuckholes that trust was a pretty fucking big thing with me. I wanted to trust her, and that wasn't a lie. But I couldn't. Not now, maybe never. And if she was still here in the morning, and still around for many more, I'd probably have to spill the truth eventually. But fuck her, I was going to wait until I was good and prepared for whatever scumbag plot she would conjure after learning the truth before I'd open my fucking mouth. Years ago. Yes I fucking am, because shit that happened years ago still applies to today. I mean Jesus fucking Christ have you even been listening to yourself? All you've spewed is a bit of useful information padded by revelations of evil plotting and intent of betrayal. Don't get me wrong, you've earned points for your honesty, but I'm not about to give you an A plus for trust when to me, you've been failing fucking class for years.

I glared at her, too fucking irritated now to listen properly without mentally going over the ninety-nine ways she was a bitch. I haven't been ignoring mine. In case you forgot, there aren't any willing participants to let me train on. Was she going to volunteer? I wouldn't bet my life on it. It all came back around to that one little word that had pierced it's way through nearly every conversation we'd had since I found her, trust. It was starting to sound fucking old, but it was the only word that fit. And frankly, letting someone practice compulsion on you requires a lot of fucking trust. Do it now. I commanded, just out of curiosity. I didn't expect her to, but I figured I'd give it a try. Though if what she was saying was true, then her usefulness was once again surprisingly extended. I imagined that ability would come in handy. So much that it even kind of made up for the useless shit the ancestors granted me.

When she stood up I don't know, I expected she was off to get another bottle or take a piss. I really didn't see it comin' which was the only reason her rage was greeted with a wide eyed dumb fuck look on my face. REALLY? I blurted out, absolutely fucking floored. There were about two million things wrong with what she'd just said, so I needed to pick which one to start with and take it from there. What happened to it being ''just as annoying to piss and moan about your dealt cards''? Or does that only apply to me? I asked, genuinely expecting an answer. I expect you to be a fucking warlord. You trotted around with the scum of the pack, lying with them, scheming with them, and fucking them like they were your golden ticket to salvation. You didn't want to be fucked for life? Well too fucking bad, you are. We all are. But not all of us use that as an excuse for our shitty ass fucking choices. Acceptance and welcome are far fucking easier to obtain with a little positive effort. But I wouldn't expect you to get that considering the type of crowd you choose to run with. I get it, you're a lone, it sucks, but now we both are. You may have more experience with it, but if anything, you need to take some fucking lessons from me and practice a bit of fucking loyalty this time around. That is your only golden ticket to salvation. Now sit the fuck down before your rage rips out your stitches and listen to me.

I took in a deep breath and exhaled with my eyes on hers, waiting for that light to go out. I'm going to find your fucking stone thing. We're going to work together and reach out to any packs that remain. We're going to find a way to help those that are in fucking collars. And we're going to rebuild. Rebuild trust, the pack, our army, you name it. You're not a fucking lone anymore, not for this.

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:49 pm

Once again that Merry go round. I was on a fucking unicorn and instead of the ride winding down it was fucking speeding up out of control. “How the fuck does it even apply to today? You didn’t know me then, you don’t know me now, folks who tell you about their bad deeds aren’t generally still fucking assholes are they? Fuck me! Who the fuck would warn someone that they have a nasty streak if they had the intentions of continuing down the same fucking road?” I wasn’t talking about being a liar. I didn’t really consider myself to be one right now. I’d told him more than I’d even expected to, especially that shit about Orion. Not telling the whole truth wasn’t the same as being an outright liar. Plus the lies I’d told before were to help me get one over him, this time it was just to protect myself. Different kettle of fish.

Do it now. Holy fuck that got me wild. Him demanding me to show him. What an absolute cunt! Be kind. Be kind. Be Kind. BE KIND. Be fucking KIND. “I’m not moaning about my shit life, I’m stating a fucking fact. So you’re a lone. Everyone we find is probably going to be one you fucking muppet! It’s not going to be like what I experienced.” The fact he had just admitted he was alone, completely, didn’t really hit me that hard. I was aware of the statement, contradicting what he had said earlier about others being around but the anger was all encompassing and I was having to focus to try and stop myself from transforming right here in his living room and wrecking the place.

“You want to see Onyx! You want to see how serious I am about all of this? What I’ve said about protecting you!” Had I said that? Right now I was seeing red and shit was flying out of my mouth without any connection with my brain. Storming over to the kitchen I rummaged through the drawers, pulling them out with fury, making a real meal of the place. Until I found what I was looking for.

A huge butchers knife.

Striding in front of him I took a deep breath pushing all of the rage into one really fucking stupid act. Something I hoped the Fanger Blood was going to dull. Making sure I had eye contact with him, my eyes having returned to bright burning yellow I held my injured arm out ceremoniously, raising the knife with the other hand. With a scream I rammed it straight into the wound and jaggedly pulled it through the stitches. Blood spurted up the t-shirt he had lent me, down the sweats that now dragged on the floor and onto the carpet. Just as I felt the ping of unconsciousness hitting, in amongst the absolute agony of what I had done….I activated my ability. My eyes flashed. Time stopped.
Since my gaze was locked on him I caught a glimpse of something strange. I’d seen some weird shit in my time in between worlds but nothing like this. Something glowed on his body. Blood red, black smoke wafting off it like a newly created burn. I didn’t get the chance to really register what the image was before I had to snap time back. The pause was for everyone, everything else, not me. I could actually die with the blood loss and pain if I lingered.

Time reset by 2 mins. I was back on the couch as if nothing had happened, experiencing a slight headache. Onyx had an extra three mouthfuls of booze in his bottle.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:48 pm

FUCKING HELL. It was like trying to reason with a fucking donkey. You don't fucking get it! My rage was preventing me from even fucking elaborating. I tried to find words, but nothing could come out, not a single thing unless I wanted to start screaming a combination of profanities mushed together. She'd made a good point in there somewhere, one that I would have been far more willing to acknowledge if she hadn't pissed me off so much.

Oh boo fucking hoo. I'm not- You're- Jus- It- FUCK YOU! All I'm trying to fucking say is you let me fucking down last time! And the more I fucking hear about the bullshit you did the more I fucking dislike your stupid fucking ass. And don't do it a-fucking-gain! Fuck! I followed with an earth rumbling growl that didn't seem to have an end. She wasn't getting my point. This was her fucking punishment, and yeah, I did fucking expect her to sit there and take it until I decided she'd had enough. All I fucking wanted from her was to see something good and loyal and trustworthy, that was it, but the more she made excuses for shit the further away I got from that destination. Which made me believe more and more that maybe those weren't traits she possessed. It was going to take a lot more than one night of conversation to get rid of a nasty first impression. Jesus fucking Christ, did she want a crown with gems on it and the text ''Lone life'' written across it so all could see and understand why she was such a goddamned twat?

I threw my hands up and held them there, jaw dropped, and eyes wide, staring at the space she occupied only moments ago. Where the fuck are you going? You're not gonna find Orion's dick in my kitchen! I yelled out, just to piss her off. And what was this shit about protecting me? I didn't remember asking the ancestors to send me a helpless fucking pile of shit in the woods.

When she returned I stood up, taking a step back as I realized what she was holding in her hand. What? You gonna fucking stab me now? I'm still trying to dig out the blade you left in my back, gimme a minute. I glared, but that disappeared real fucking quick. What are you- Don't!

I was just sitting. Shit felt really fucking quiet, and it actually took a minute for me to understand what had just happened. I stood up so fucking fast I nearly gave myself a head rush. You're fucking dramatic. I snarled in her direction.

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics