setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Misery Business - Page 9

[Private] Misery Business

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Misery Business

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:33 pm

Hopefully now that I had put down the booze I was going to remember everything tomorrow. I’d had far too many nights where important or at least interesting information had passed hands and then I’d painted black right over it with a bottle of Akvinta. Speaking of Vodka brands, really needed to add ‘buy liquor’ to my mental to do list. “How about I bring it up at a time when it’s going to be fair instead.” Tenderly running my fingertips along a few of the stitches in my arm I almost wished I wasn’t here. Then I could have smeared some of the Vamp blood on the wound and it would have begun to heal much faster. Catch 22 though, if I wasn’t here, then it also wouldn’t be sewed up right now.

Be Open

Be Open….

BE OPEN…

My heartbeat pumped with the words in my ears as I thought about Orion. I had sat around and considered why the good little pooch was sleeping with me back in the day. I’d of course come to the conclusion it was a pathetic rebellious thing, not that I’d been insulted by it. That information couldn’t be worth a damn to Onyx, but knowing that...yeah, I could confirm that Orion wasn’t exactly playing ball with the idea of the current leadership. Pillowtalk. “I…He and I….discussed some things come to think of it but none of it involved playing nicey nice with Fangers…just not…playing nice with you..” Wincing I almost reached for the bottle of booze again. I didn’t have to tell him when we talked about this right? It was one thing being open and another thing being a walking billboard for everything I’d ever done.

“I’m one of those people that will remind you it’s just as fucking annoying to piss and moan about your dealt cards as it is to spout off that someone else has it tougher….our lives both suck for different reasons, but if you complain about yours I’m going to shove mine in…and OMG why the fuck am I saying this?” Looking down at my arm slightly disgusted in myself I had decided to blame the fanger blood. Oh the feels, they were making me marshmallow and that mix with my Prophecy was the recipe for disaster. “Fuck me…long story short, you’re an Alpha, shit or get off the pot, shut the fuck up….” Curling back up on the couch I yawned dramatically. “Make those assholes roll out the carpet, and change it to blue, or purple or something if the red doesn’t suit.” I had a feeling I was slightly incoherently rambling right now. While Fanger juice was very much a stimulant, it did seem to have a bit of ebb and flow throughout a dosage. This was turning into a crash period. A fucking nose dive.

A long eye blink was hard to bring myself back up from, but I did so because I couldn’t pass out when in the middle of an important conversation. I wouldn’t let myself. “Sticky note? You know where it is? You’ve seen it?” That would cut all that searching time in half. Having him present for the ritual was probably still a thing, but I could always negotiate for his presence rather than tricking him into it if need be. “You can hold my hand if you like.” Mumbling I snuggled down into the couch feeling something jab into my back that was buried in the seat cushions, but not giving a shit. “You might have to drink a bit of water…even you can manage to do that.” Grinning sleepily I twisted my body around and with heavy lidded eyes I implored Onyx for one more thing.
“Can I have a blanket, sweetypie dumplingcheeks, fuzzynipples?”

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:20 am

This was meaningless. I was fairly fucking certain neither of us would remember this conversation. It was the one pointless, small talk, bullshit topic that would no doubt get swept up in the tsunami that was... Well, everything else. Dead wolves, missing pack, alpha's carved up like pumpkins on halloween, the supremacy, collar things, the list was fucking endless I could go on and on. And here we were, talking about sparring as if it was going to happen. It wasn't.

Orion was another shitty bullshit topic that I didn't want to discuss. Each mention of his name brought forth another tense feeling in my gut. And that feeling grew the more I listened. What? I asked, not expecting a response. The word was heavy with confusion and... Maybe a little realization too. I wouldn't say I was ever a friend to Orion, or he to I, but he wasn't terrible. And ''not-terrible'' was a fuck load better than how I felt about the other wolves. And yeah, I found out about his hatred of me a long time ago, but getting new information like this that proved he'd carried that dagger of rage for me for far longer than I'd originally thought was fucked up. Fucking awesome. I frowned, giving up on my decision to give up the bottle for the night as I snatched it from the coffee table. So last time you were in town, you and Orion talked about me? I'd be flattered, except you've made it perfectly clear your conversations were filled with cruel intentions. Fucking cool. Unless she'd come back before now? I wouldn't be surprised, honestly. Coming back to talk shit with Orion was probably the equivalent of watching Game of Thrones every Sunday for a lone wolf. Fucking pathetic. But nice to know, Orion got his kicks shit talking with the female crowd. That explained why Ophiuchus told him about our problems in the bedroom before anyone else.

Fine. I really didn't want to have this fucking argument. Whatever, you're right. Please, fucking make it end. Isn't that what she wanted to hear? Isn't that what all women wanted to hear? Don't whine... I began counting off each point on my fingers, starting with my pinky. ...Shit or get off the pot... Shut the fuck up... And... What was number four? Oh right, make them do shit. I guess I better start working on my compulsion. I laughed a short lived laugh into the bottle and took a drink. Wise words. Fucking hell, was it really funny or was I finally buzzed? Maybe both.

I'd had an idea of where to find this... Thing. Maybe... Fuck I couldn't remember. No... But I might have an idea of where to find it. I was tempted to go search now. While it seemed she was getting perfectly comfortable on that couch, I was finding energy in the strangest fucking places, my drink for one. Plus I could only take this woman in small doses, I'd probably need plenty of me time breaks if she was going to keep her ass on my couch for the coming weeks. I'll pass on the hand holding, and I'm not that much of a drunk, I'm capable of drinking something other than liquor. So yeah, I can drink some fucking water. My voice merged into a groan as I got up from my chair and slipped off into my bedroom to grab a spare blanket and pillow. When I returned I passed her the pillow, and lazily covered her with the blanket. The remote should be buried somewhere in the couch if you want it. And if you're going to sleep better tell me now so I can shut off the lights.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:16 pm

Onyx was a proper mindfuck. If some monstrous toy company, pharmaceutical empire, technological giant or global bank ever patented a blueprint for the perfect form of mental warfare, Onyx would be it. Even I couldn’t wrap my head around it and I felt I had pages of experience with every type of Wolf personality out there. Maybe Vincent had been a top bloke before being turned or something. A polo shirt, boat shoe wearing, All American, Rowing team Captain. Something so apple pie that it bled into the primal blood like a grease stain. No matter how much he was an asshole, he also had a pocket full of sugar cubes. Then again the little touches of hand heart shit could just be there to make me think he was a good guy under all of the eye rolls and sarcasm. Giving me a pillow, putting the blanket on me, offering to help me, laughing at my jokes…actually that last one was more a gift from the liquor. It was even worse that it worked, I was feeling more comfortable with telling him things that were best left in the past.

“Not every single chat I had was plotting your downfall thanks, I’m not that one minded.” That was true. Orion and I had also discussed Fangers and the fact he swore black and blue that my nipples tasted like strawberry crème lifesavers…while I was sure he was just drunk. “He whined a lot about you, which I’ll admit I sometimes tuned out of.” One night he had started with ‘So I was talking to Ophiuchus’ and my brain turned to where I was going to eat breakfast in the morning because nothing that came out of that bimbos mouth was worth listening to. “While originally it was stress relief and then finding out insider information I knew that Orion was trying to get me to do his hostile takeover for him....so when I think about it, on one hand he didn’t experience shame, on the other, I don’t think his balls were big enough to be involved in this”

Having heard my own rambling repeated back to me in bullet point form it sounded less stupid, but still not good advice for anybody. “Haven’t you been working with it already?” I had closed my eyes so instead of giving him a ‘what the fuck?’ glance, it was more of a mime with my eyebrows. My time reversal had gone from a four to six minute maximum with massive blood hemorrhages to something far more manageable and useful. Who knows how many brain cells I’d permanently axed getting it to that level though. “Still doesn’t work on Supernaturals huh? Sucks to be you.” It had always seemed like a lame ass gift to get when it didn’t even work on Vampires in the very least. What the fuck was it for? To make sure the spaced out looking muppet behind the Mc Donald's counter understood and remembered that you didn’t want pickle on your fucking double quarter pounder?

“Is that what’s poking me in the ass.” Sniggering I thought about trying to dive in and find the remote but lost all motivation considering I wasn’t going to be watching television anyway. “Not sleeping yet.” I yawned to punctuate this in the contrary but I did need to know where we stood. Trying to avoid or stop the desire for a nap had its consequences though. Deny yourself when the Fanger blood was allowing you to get some shut eye, and out of spite it would keep you awake for days on end. “What are we doing Onyx? What’s the plan? We going to broker a deal? You just gonna do your own fucking thing while I do my own thing? Whats up?” My own thing involved making sure he didn’t get killed doing his but ‘stalking yo ass’ didn’t sound like something I should say out-loud.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:59 pm

I could feel the frown on my face, pushing so low my vision was getting blurry. As much as it pissed me off, one thing in particular had that frown morphing into a curiously cocked eyebrow. What could they possibly have to talk about? I mean, fuck, talking about me was strange enough, but if that wasn't the entirety of their conversations then why the fuck could they have talked about? The fucking weather? Was it some therapy session where they shared their feelings and discussed their damaged childhoods? I mean fucking really, it was all too fucking weird. When she'd been in town last I always just assumed she was off scratching her back against the bark on the trees and mooching free liquor off of Ozra. I never once thought she was having long winded conversations with other wolves.

You're kidding. I said, more as a proclamation of my shock than an actual question. Silent shock took over as I slumped back in my chair, listening closely to her little tale. Odin conspiring with The Supremacy, and Orion being a two faced little fuck with the lone stranger. So is that what this is gonna be? I mean, I might as well ask ahead of time. You gonna lend an ear to any other backstabbing twats this time around? I mean, if you are, your worth to me would greatly improve if you actually shared information instead of hoarding it. It'd be nice to know who the hell I can trust and who I can't this time around. Yeah, I was being dead fucking serious. There might not have been any wolves huffing paint and getting their tongues stuck to frozen poles at the den, but if we did find a way to get them back, I wanted to know who was a fuck and who wasn't. My patience and tolerance for bullshit was at about zero at this point.

I didn't say that. There was one moment in particular. Peyton had been helping, it wasn't exactly something I could work on alone. I thought for sure I'd succeeded, but I hadn't actually been trying when it happened so for all I knew it could have just been a fluke. It doesn't matter. It's been an utterly useless ''gift'' since the beginning anyway, I've found ways to manage without it. It's not even a fucking gift really... More like a... Like getting a gravy boat for Christmas. Something that just sits in the cupboard wasting space. Not all of us were blessed with cheats like telepathy and time reversal.

Is that what’s poking me in the ass. A distracting question in the middle of a somewhat serious conversation. We're building a foundation of trust. I replied sarcastically. That's a heavy question right now. I need to figure some shit out first. This whole thing would have been a fuck load easier if I had some leverage on her, maybe then I'd be willing to share what I knew so we could fix this broken ass situation, because as far as I could see, trust wasn't even on the horizon yet. But for the most part, no. We've both tried the alone thing, and clearly it doesn't work. So whether we like it or not, we're doing this shit... Whatever that is... Together. The last word made my lip curl up in disgust, but I forced it out anyway like I was swallowing back a big gulp of NyQuil for the greater good. And when you tell me whatever the fuck it is you're hiding from me, I can guarantee it won't be nearly as painful as it sounds.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:32 pm

Sinking deeper into the couch caused the remote control to bite into my ass cheek harder. Wished it would swallow me up, the couch, not the remote. Consequences for past actions were not something I tended to dwell on often. Usually I didn’t revisit old stomping grounds but lately I’d been doing a lot of backtracking. Had no one else to blame but myself for the situation I was in right now. Couldn’t stop from twisting it around so it was somehow Onyx’s problem that we didn’t have a good relationship. It was just easier to blame him. “I’m sharing now aren’t I? You wouldn’t have believed me back then anyway, my word was fucking dirt.” Still was. “If anyone talks shit about you I’ll let you know this time okay? So you can call them out or whatever the fuck you intend to do with information like that.” Who gave a fuck if someone had an issue? If they told me they did, I would punch them till they didn’t. It was plain and simple. The only person who was allowed to play Devils Advocate was me, at least I knew of my own intentions. Everyone else was going to have to fall in line, or they would be introduced to my fist every chance I got.

Gravy boat. I roared with laughter, proper laughing that brought tears to my eyes and strained the stitches in my arm. “It’s…so…fucking…lame.” I gasped between bursts of giggles. Really was. Part of me wanted to half brag, half inform him of how far I had come with mine but I kept my trap shut for once. He only knew mine to reduce me to a mess of blood from mouth, nose, ears, eyes and some mega exhaustion, after just one use. “I feel for you, I really do.” Could we ask the ancestors for the fast track to turning his lump of coal into a diamond maybe? Might make Onyx more interested in the idea of helping me with ritual.

My blood ran arctic cold, my jaws slapped shut and I pushed back into the couch again. Was I that transparent? Had trauma diluted my ability to hide shit? The fact we didn’t even have a plan moving forward should have bothered me, garnered my utmost attention but no, it was the idea he knew I wasn’t spilling all my beans. Could he mean the Fanger Blood? I rubbed my mouth as stealthily as I could checking to see if I had red in the corners. Nope. He couldn’t know a thing about what had gone down before I’d gotten here. There’s no way. It couldn’t know why I was really here or even really have an inkling that it had something to do with…….

“I’m hiding the fact I was fucking Orion on a regular basis and planning a coup to take over your pack by undermining you as Pack Master, had been my plan all along…..well not the screwing Orion but… but you get what I mean…and it had been going real well….the coup bit not the sex…not that it was bad...I'm going to shut up now” I blurted it out, ejecting it from my system as a replacement for any number of other things that would have fit the bill. How embarrassing. Better red faced than being murdered on a couch while wrapped in a blanket though. All my high and mighty talk about not being like all the other female wolves and sleeping around. At least I guess I had been using my vagina strategically.

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics