setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Misery Business - Page 8

[Private] Misery Business

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Misery Business

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:39 pm

How long had I spent wishing this had all never happened? How often had I sat on both sides of the teeter totter, bouncing from one ideal to the next, one preference to the next, one day trying to be an alpha, the next trying to pretend I wasn't? A good portion of my early alpha days were spent delving head first into one mindset or the other for long periods of time. I wanted to be a good one, and then I didn't want to be one at all. Ironic then, wasn't it, that now I didn't even have a pack to run, and all it took was another to vocally challenge my position and I didn't want anything more than to tell her to go fuck herself and rip her heart out here and now. Didn't take much to convince you of the idea, did it? It'll be a cold day in hell before you take my place, but by all means, if you'd like to try... I nodded my head in her direction and took a drink.

The thought had crossed my mind, that maybe loyalty wasn't the issue here. Maybe my pack had been taken, collared, and put in cages somewhere. The most fucked up part was... I was hoping they were. That was an easier pill to swallow than blatant abandonment. And that same thought process I'd been over a million times before started creeping in. The one that lead me to believe all it would take is a rescue mission and I'd be redeemed in their eyes, accepted even. That Odin would just be an alpha in a long line of alphas that ''had a good run'', but that respect they kept so tightly ingrained in their fucking DNA for him would also apply to me. It was a fucking pipe dream.

As much as I appreciated her desire to school me, I didn't. And when exactly did Odin learn this himself? Or have you forgotten the glorious rule of Odin, the one where he made deals with The Supremacy in order to keep his pack ''safe'' and sat around doing exactly as I said, being fed grapes by half naked women and accepting baskets of gifts from wolves that kissed his feet and ejaculated at his very existence. Or did I leave all of those parts out? What the fuck did she think Odin had to teach me exactly? If anything, I had a few things to teach him. An alpha that sits around drinking tea with fangers. It was fucking pathetic. Well, if I ever have a pack to defend again, I'll be sure to keep all of that in mind.

I looked at her, trying to detect sarcasm but failing at detecting anything. I blamed the liquor. Well aren't I the luckiest man on the planet. My only job is to survive long enough to witness more hell, then die. And most likely go to hell if it existed. My existence was a fucking joke. I might have surviving down just as good, if not better than you do. At least I don't see that being a problem. A shitty attempt at optimism was all I could manage.

I don't do fate. My voice was more intrusive and loud than I had intended, but I was happy it was. If she knew my fate, no doubt she'd understand. Or maybe she wouldn't. Seeing as she made it perfectly clear she obeyed the orders from the God's like they were scooby snacks she couldn't wait to eat up. It didn't matter if those scooby snacks were really giant fucking turds in disguise. But fair enough. I don't believe in it, I refuse to believe in it, but you're not one of my wolves, so that's your business. I just thought it was stupid. I did. I admitted, but left it at that. There was no need for her to know the details. I wasn't impressed. But seeing as you have expressed a belief in this shit, I can only assume your spiritual leader wasn't anything like Ophiuchus. It's kind of hard to get a child to focus. I spoke bitterly, still pissed at ''fate'' mating me with a fucking toddler.

Be careful you don't jab that pen you'll be using to write poems praising my magnificent penis in your jugular. I wouldn't want the thought of complimenting me lead to suicide before our apparent wedding. I rolled my eyes and followed her drink with one of my own, but a bigger one this time.

I took in a deep breath. Yeah, you can say that. Though, our attack wasn't exactly over. It'd been going on since Odin was murdered, it just took a blatant invasion on the den and massacre to make them see it. I didn't know what I expected to come out of her mouth next, but the more she spoke the more I could feel the rage bubbling up. She'd pissed me off tonight, but right now we were hitting levels of anger I'd been desperately trying to avoid. My gums were tingling, a bad sign. My eyes were lit up white, on fire. A chill ran down my spine, and a faint growl rumbled in my throat. And I could feel the crowding begin in my mouth as my wolf teeth emerged. You have all the answers you need then, don't you? No point in asking me what happened, I get it, because I won't fucking tell you anyway. So just draw your own condescending and faithless conclusions, what's the fucking harm? I spat in her direction, not even realizing I had pulled myself to my feet and my knuckles had gone white from my grip on the neck of the bottle.

And everything stopped. My fangs retreated, eyes went out, and gaze had moved from her to the wall, and then the broken glass on the floor. At the opposite side of the room sat my own destruction, a broken lamp which I'd busted weeks ago. I had sat back down, leaned back, with my eyes still on the mess she'd just made. I didn't fucking do this. I muttered, knowing the opposite was true. I may not have done it, but I'd caused it. They did, The Supremacy. They killed them, you'd do well to remember that. The more I said it, aloud or to myself, the more I believed it, so why would I stop?

I ignored the rest, there was no need for her to know the remaining wolves weren't even pack wolves. Can you fucking imagine the self righteous attitude that would follow if she knew I was in cahoots with other outside wolves? No fucking thanks, I'd had enough of that for one night. Okay... I frowned, Any chance I could get less of a description of where, and more of a description of what? I couldn't read her fucking mind for fucking fuck.

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:27 am

“A warlord without some ambition isn’t much of a warrior.” Matching him mouthful for mouthful with yet another bottle of liquor even though I was starting to feel the idea of sleep tugging on my brain, I flipped him the finger. While I knew that he could take me out one on one now it wasn’t a bad idea to make him think I had something stuffed up my sleeve if we were ever to go mano a mano. Could find a way to cheese my way to victory actually. There we no rules against being jacked up on Fanger juice during, since it was a given that you shouldn’t be on the stuff to begin with. What the fuck was I talking about? Fuck me. As if I would keep doing this shit…I had to stop sometime. Just not tonight. Or tomorrow. But eventually. “We never did go toe to toe Onyx sweetheart, if I tried, you might regret it.” Even if I couldn’t kill him and I wouldn’t be aiming to anyway, I could do some fucking damage. Permanent damage. Maiming wasn’t exactly protecting though so it was all just an entertaining daydream.

“His Pack Master would have taught him about taking over at some point, he was meant to do the same shit…doh.” Waggling the bottle I fell deep into demented thought about the whole deal, ignoring the fact Onyx was starting to get pissy. “Come to think of it, wonder if that’s where he got the idea of being a two faced corpse loving dickhole.” Poison had a source of course but that didn’t mean it had started with Odin himself. How could someone do such a shit job of installing values in their warlord before they took over? Then again, if I maintained the morals of my own then Onyx needed to worry about me eating townsfolk and if the fancy took hold, him too. “He was meant to teach you what he knew, lucky for everyone that he was too busy having his dick sucked to care.”

Fuck, he was getting worse than me with the emo self-depreciating shit. It sounded extra pathetic coming from the lips of an Alpha. “Everyone dies.” Shrugging I took another long look at my butchered arm. “Guess this fight would be a glorious and shameless one to fall in, I don’t intent to see anymore wolves die though, so please be a good puppy and don’t become a cutter, because I don’t want to have to keep both eyes on you.” One was going to be glued to his backside permanently but I wasn’t going to be getting much else done if I had the fucking full time babysit the fuck. Almost snorting a shot of booze down myself I widened my eyes and looked him up and down. “You? You think you’re better at surviving than me? Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me…wow, just wow.” Laughing really hard caused me to whine in pain and immediately grab for my arm. Even with the vamp blood I could feel it, which didn’t bode well for the next few days.

Funny enough I didn’t care if he wasn’t into prophecy. It was up to him if he wanted to be a dumb fuck. I wasn’t even going to try to mock him about it, because I wanted him to forget that I had one which I was following like a cultist. “My Spiritual Leader…” Letting out a long pained sigh I turned the bottle in my hands, watching the label go around and around. “…is worth a hundred of yours.” I was away in la la land where Sona and I were sitting under a giant Ironwood that had become a fixture of the pack grounds for centuries when the fine hairs on the back of my neck stood on end. I had to be more careful about riling him up, I was meant to be being nice. Guess one topic that was massively important to me was now off the table. Fuck sake.

“Well it wasn’t the vodka bottle, that’s not why I smashed it.” With a puzzled expression. “And I never said it was you.” It could have been me though. That other Prophecy, the one I never completed, the one that just disappeared. Maybe not doing that, was the reason this happened. It was a long-shot but one I had considered. The idea just made it all the more important to make sure I followed the current prophecy till its bitter end.

“You don’t give shit about prophecy anyway, so why do you care?” Unfortunately I had a feeling I was going to be unable to use the fucking thing without someone from its corresponding pack present. Yeah I was aware it was just an object, a place and didn’t have feelings but it did have preferences. What better than the presence of the Alpha of the pack to get it to cough up some fairy dust. “Don’t worry I can’t steal it or anything, it’s not valuable in the cash dollar sense of the word…it’s a fucking bowl carved into a rock k?”

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:13 am

And what was a warlord without a pack to defend? I heard her talk about this shit plenty tonight but never once had I actually seen her in action. She apparently had all of this knowledge about how things should be within a pack of wolves but seemingly had no pack of her own. Not that I could stand on some superior high ground regarding the topic. I was an alpha without a pack to lead. I still had hope, which was a fucking miracle really, but I did. I didn't expect to see my entire pack to return, I wasn't delusional, but I had hope that some would. Preferably long after this Lilith bullshit was done and over with, when I could truly put focus on being what they needed me to be. That was if they were even gone of their own volition. Which if they were, maybe that was better they be temporarily far from me and my demons. Is that a challenge? A challenge I would be up for when she was one hundred percent again. It wasn't much of a win if your opponent started out with an injury.

I guess... Admittedly I didn't know much about Odin's family beyond his son. Apparently there was some fucking tragedy or whatever and people just didn't talk about them that much. I had some details, but they were details given to me by that child fanger Ursula so I didn't exactly put much faith in the truth of it all. That's a thought... Odin and his father sitting around a campfire discussing the importance of betrayal and scumbaggery. I'd say I was better off learning my role on my own. Should I have been disturbed that the majority of what I'd learned about my apparent role came from Luxx and the alpha siblings? I wouldn't admit it aloud, but it was fucked up to say the least.

Yeah well, most are given the opportunity to live before they die. I muttered into my bottle before taking another drink, coughing on the tail end of my sip at her apparent worry for my emotional state. That's not my style, but thanks for the concern. I'll be sure to inform the alternate universe, emo, thirteen year old version of myself that cutting isn't the answer. Fucking hell, the shit that came out of her mouth.

I had been smiling, I didn't remember it happening, but I knew I was because I became aware the second that smile disappeared. Had I said something funny? I mean really, what the fuck was so funny about our shared survival instincts? Well I'm not fucking dead now am I? Was this some kind of fucking competition?

I knew she was referencing Spirit. In which case, she wasn't wrong. I didn't miss her. I didn't think she deserved to die the way she did or as soon as she did, but I didn't miss her either. Ghost on the other hand... She wasn't as painful or immature to deal with as Spirit was. Probably because she was actually an adult that took her abilities seriously. I'd never received prophecy from her, but I saw what she was capable of. I'd even come to not hate the idea of being with her until the bitter end. She was a good person. And yeah, maybe not as holy as Luxx's Spiritual Leader but she was worth more than the cards she'd been dealt.

You care about prophecy, apparently. And yeah, it's true, I don't give a fuck about prophecy, but you do. So if you need this fucking... Bowl carved into a rock? Thing, in order to function, then so be it. I'm not gonna deny you the juice you need to refuel. I had no fucking idea about any of this, but I did have an idea of where to look. It wasn't exactly on my list of priorities, however. I'd get to it when I felt like it.

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:57 pm

Being nice and trying my hardest not to get his hackles up was the worst concept when I was faced with a question like this one. Onyx wasn’t shackled with a rule regarding how he was to treat me. So it pissed me off more when he was allowed to get a rise out of me, but I would get a punch in the face for it. From dead ranked pack members too and I was sure that would be an epic fuck you I wouldn’t survive. “I do feel as if I should do an evaluation..” I tapped the lip of my bottle on my chin as if deep in thought. “Friendly pre-match for the crowd maybe?” He could invite these ‘others’ that were apparently around and I could kill two birds with one stone. Find out who was left and how strong they were, and show Onyx I could hold my own. If I could manage to do that.

“Too right.” He was better off just piecing it all together. As much as I spouted off shit about how to be a pack master my experiences with the males were not that great. Dominion wasn’t a prime example of a fully rounded leader, not like how I wanted to be. “Hmmm…what about Orion?” I tried to think of the wolfs face but blushed when I came up with one that involved him being naked and Onyx’s truck being murdered in the middle of a clearing. “Did he ever give you the impression that Daddy Dearest was grooming him for the family bullshit?” If that was true then I would have to add, ‘fucking traitorous pack masters son’ onto my ‘shouldn’t have done it’ list.

Snorting harshly at his words I almost snarled my response. “Are you trying to say you haven’t…fuck put yourself in someone else’s shoes for once. You had the chance for a home, to be a leader rather than a follower, to be respected just because you have a cock.”…friends, family, a house….yanno speaking of family, didn’t you have a brother, or a cousin around?” Couldn’t remember his actually name, I’d only met him twice. Once at the Halloween shin dig where I’d nicknamed him Shadow due to his costume and once more at a house party of Onyx’s I had gate-crashed.

I was glad he wasn’t dead and it was given the fate of all the other Pack Masters I had come across, somewhat of an achievement. “Neither am I…even if I’m a little second hand clothing store right now.” Time healed all external wounds. Even though I was going to be faced with a gnarly scar it had been well due. Avoiding getting permanently marked in a dramatic way had been a godsend but it wasn’t to last. “If you’re trying to make a jab about my arm, you can shut the fuck up…scarface.” Liquor was reducing me to lame name calling but whatever. At least I’d gotten over the first impressions of scarred Vincent. That sort of shit tended to make me weak at the knees. The stories of battles, right there on someone’s skin, it was intoxicating.

My eyebrows shot up. I opened and closed my mouth like a fucking goldfish for a bit, being utterly shocked by what he had said. Never in a million years would I think he would care about something just because I did. This was a rare moment. One I hoped I was going to remember. With that thought I put the bottle down on the coffee table and pushed it away from me. “That’s…errr…nice of you Onyx…which is grand because I might need you there when I use it seeing as I’m not from your pack so it might not work for just me.” I wouldn’t go into detail that he would have to participate in the ritual too, and possibly receive a prophecy himself. To be honest I wasn’t entirely sure it was going to work, that I knew what the fuck I was doing, or what would happen, but it was my only chance to talk to someone who could see the whole picture.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:39 am

I guess if I wanted to salvage what remained of the pack some semblance of pecking order was... well, in order. That was of course if I wanted to view this fucked up situation with blind optimism. As far as I could see, there was nothing to salvage. A tussle sounds like great fun and all but right now I can't see beyond the bottom of this bottle. Bring it up again tomorrow. Yeah, twelve hours give or take, that should be plenty of time to remind her that there was nobody fucking left to waste time throwing claws at.

It was a shame too, she could use a good fight to get it out of her system. Because where I was standing, it seemed the topic of my pack was going to be the topic of discussion for quite some time. I couldn't blame her, or myself even for getting balls deep into a conversation I really didn't want to have. Things weren't exactly normal right now within the ranks. But with each question and each acknowledgement of wolves long gone, it was just another grain of salt into the eternally bleeding wound that was my guilt ridden mind. I don't know. I muttered, remembering months back when it was made very clear that Orion was pissed at me for, I don't fucking know, his dad dying. I knew he wanted alpha, and frankly I'd be pissed too if I was a day away from my birthday and some newbie came in and shit on my birthday cake. I wouldn't say he's canoodling with the enemy, but he's just as vindictive. But I guess we all are in the end, so I can't really condemn him for that.

I swirled the liquid around the bottle in a desperate attempt to ignore what she was saying. But as hard as my eyes were focused on the mini tornado I'd formed behind the glass, I heard every single word that came out of her mouth. Okay, I'm not saying I haven't fucked up... I started, already fighting the pissy look on my face with a fake expression of sincerity. But you make it seem like they rolled out the fucking red carpet for me. That never happened. They were never going to do that for me, not when the red on the carpet was stained with Odin's blood. So I may have had some advantages, but the few I had didn't refute my disadvantages either. What you're saying is... Fuck me you're one of those people. The kind that... If someone complains about a chewy piece of steak you'll ride in on your white horse and remind them that there's starving children in the world just to be a shit. I'd originally intended to dance around the topic of Logan, and I'd succeeded. No point in following all of the shit I'd just said with, ''oh yeah, he's buried in the backyard''.

I took a drink, this time intent on cutting myself off, so I followed by placing what remained in the bottle onto the coffee table. Can't help you with that. What the fuck did she mean anyway? As far as I knew all a woman needed was a bathroom with a lock. One they could enter looking like Beetlejuice, and leave looking like Megan Fox. I had both of those things, it wasn't my fucking problem if her female magic was running low. I'm in no position to make jabs about scars... I muttered quietly, feeling content knowing that the meaning behind my statement would stay safely with me, and be entirely lost on her.

My feeling of content was gone in a flash, and I was fucking irritated about it. My willingness to help could have been a fuck load less awkward if she hadn't have reacted the way she did. If it wasn't for the tail end of her statement proving there was more to her little request than I'd originally thought, it could have been a fuck load more awkward than it already was. Anything else you're leaving out? I was far more willing to help when I thought I could leave you a sticky note with coordinates... Didn't think I'd need to hold your hand there too.

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics