setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Misery Business - Page 6

[Private] Misery Business

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Misery Business

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:35 am

No, no, I wouldn't fucking tell you, because I don't trust you. So whether I'm telling you the truth or lie doesn't fucking matter then, does it. Since you apparently don't trust me because I don't trust you, it's and endless fucking circle and I'm not one to chase my fucking tail around all day. I looked at her with the snarliest fucking look I could muster and topped it all off with another drink.

Well I guess the train finally fucking wrecked then, didn't it? Who the fuck was she to talk to me like that? Now should we keep going, oh wise one, or are you gonna eat and get the fuck off my case about it? Why the fuck did she piss me off so much? Most people did, but this one in particular was like a bot fly larva, she got under my skin and made sure to irritate on her way out. Fuck it was like a gift! She was fucking gifted on levels only Satan could relate to.

It was hard to feel intimidated with a miniature human tried to get in your face. I wanted to laugh, I really did, she was so menacing. Like a rabid chihuahua, moderately frightening, but mostly in need of being muzzled. So I got down off the counter and looked down at her, Looks like you're wearin' somethin' now. I stared at her for a moment, and moved past to head into my room to try and find something kind of clean.

Well, I haven't exactly had time to go shopping lately, so I guess you'll just have to make due, won't you? I emerged from my room with some sweats and an old tee I didn't expect to ever see again. Her sarcastic comment was the cherry on top of a wonderful night, and I rolled my eyes before shoving the clothes into her arm and finding my way back to that bottle of bronze. And the real moment of personal victory, was the moment when I realized I was actually feeling guilty for not having anything better for her to eat. Do you want me to make something better? Each word stung, and I definitely didn't sound enthused, but I was offering. At least if I cooked her something I'd have an opportunity to slip her a fucking sedative.

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:26 pm

Trust was a tricky bitch. It was going to be the whore that ruined all of this. My prophecy didn’t say anything about the Alpha trusting me or the river flowing in the opposite direction but I knew shit was going to be difficult if he didn’t have any faith in me. How to remedy this was an issue. I had no idea how to undo damage, just how to carefully crush things. I’d never gone back after shitting in someone’s cornflakes and tried to remove the faeces with a teaspoon. “So what are we going to do then? Guess I’ll take a nap and be on my merry fucking way because it sounds like you’re not interested in burying hatchets for the sake of our species.” Not that I was intending on leaving, I didn’t want to. Outside that door was nothing but a return to limbo. Now that I had found him I had hope that things could get better. Getting fucked in whatever bargain we came to had been a possibility I had accepted on the car ride over. “Why did you want to know my plan if you had every intention of keeping me on the outside? Telling me nothing” This was what I got for being open, honest and running my fucking mouth. It was clam up time. “I’ve told you so fucking much, offered up my nightmare on a fucking platter and all you got to give me is a religious direction of walking corpses and their necklace pendant of choice?...fuck you.”

Trying to simmer down by stuffing another bite of the piss poor excuse for a sandwich in my mouth I leaned back against the kitchen counter, holding the bread in my jaws for a moment to look at the clothes offered. Good enough. Considering the way this meeting was turning I didn’t know if acting like a destitute stray was going to be the right game to play. Would he turf me out if he thought I didn’t have a penny? Would mentioning I was rolling in the Benjamin’s be more appealing? Going out and buying a new phone, clothes, alcohol, getting my own place, my own car and maybe a tattoo to cover the horror of my arm was a delightful thought but would bringing to attention the massive truckload of funds in my bank account be a mis-step?

Rubbing a section of the kitchen bench with sweat pants I placed my sandwich down before padding back down to the bathroom. The t-shirt was baggy but not horrendously so and I caught myself momentarily breathing in the faint smell of Onyx and the overwhelmingly comforting scent of clean laundry…at least cleaner than I had been used to for quite some time. His sweats were much longer on me than I needed, excess leg gathering at my ankles. Taking my phone with me I dumped the pile of my old desecrated clothing in the corner, intending to throw it all out with the trash.

“Don’t worry about it, this is fine.” It was shit but I’m not even sure he was capable of putting the bread in the toaster, he couldn’t even fucking tell me where his pack was, couldn’t even keep his house clean, he was retarded. Not that I could talk. Skin pinging with Fanger Blood toxins I took another subdued bite of the sandwich and stared intently at the taps in the sink. Whatever. He didn’t have to tell me shit, I was going to find out for myself. Index wasn’t big I could track down evidence of where the pack was and anything else I needed to know about Onyx and his wolves. “You can take me out to dinner tomorrow night instead.” Flashing him a quick cheeky smile I took another bite of his mayo masterpiece, chewed and swallowed before carefully returning to the meat of the conversation. “You have at least got to tell me something Onyx, how the fuck am I meant to be of help if you keep me in the dark huh? How do you know about the Fangers religious doctrines? Who the fuck gave you that drawing, or is that your own handy work? Where the fucking fuck are the Pacific Pack? Give. Me. Something.”  

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:12 pm

No, you're not gonna do that. My reply came too quick, snipping off the end of what she was saying and it all just came out unintentionally eager, desperate even. You'll get yourself killed. You're staying here and we're sorting this shit out. I knew I wasn't her ideal partner in crime, and she sure as fuck wasn't mine, but it didn't look like we had a line of wolves waiting outside my door to partner up against ''the greater evil''. Maybe, and there was a lot of emphasis and weight on the word, but maybe my anger was a tiny bit misplaced. I wasn't about to admit it out loud, because not even I was convinced of it's truth.

Because I'm selfish. I replied firmly, almost confidently, no indication of sarcasm, but the words themselves could have been perceived as sarcastic considering the nature of our conversation. But the true answer to her question was lost, even on me. Maybe somewhere under the twenty layers of irritation, rage, and blatant distrust was the answer she apparently needed. But I wasn't about to cut myself open and bleed right here in front of her to find it. Especially not now, when it seemed she only shared what she shared for something in return. I didn't give a fuck if it was petty, at this point I wasn't telling her what I had contemplated telling her simply out of spite. And frankly I don't think I have anything to earn from you. You do. Hate it all you want but don't pretend after the shit you've seen, the shit you've endured, that vomiting up the information you did wasn't fucking hard. Give me a fucking minute to try and trust you, don't just expect five minutes together is going to convince me it's okay to divulge my deepest darkest secrets.

As she disappeared I went in search of a cigarette, opening the back slider and standing half in, half out as I lit the end. I shoved my hand in my pocket to dig for my phone. My cigarette sat in between my lips as I tried to compose a text message to Jonah, feeling increasingly angry because the fucking buttons were too small. A simple ''We need to talk.'' started out with ''Wt herf'' and I shoved the phone back into my pocket with a growl. I'd just fucking call him later.

I looked at her, drowning in the sweats I'd given, taking a bite out of bread and mayo and it was fucking ridiculous but I had to bite back a grin. A momentary laugh managed to escape but I wiped it away when my hand rubbed down my face. It was a lot easier to fight it back when she brought up dinner. I didn't have the energy to imagine how well that would turn out. Us, together, in public. Something told me police would be involved.

I sighed, my pause almost too long as she kept poking and prodding for information. I'll give you something. I'll give you more if and when I feel safe enough to give you more, so after this shut up about it. I dug deep, trying to pick the least fucked bit of information I might be willing to share. I know about it because Odin spoke of it. That ridiculous journal he used to carry around, the one we all thought he was using to document his ''feelings''. It was all in there, and it wasn't just some record of his ''investigations'' either. He was a member of the cult, probably the fanger-cult representative for wolves for all I know. That's where the drawing was from. I guess he wasn't the white knight everyone thought he was. I guess giving up that little bit of information wasn't that bad. I only kept it from the pack to protect them from the inevitable shitstorm that would ensue had they known the truth. She wasn't a pack wolf, and as far as I knew didn't worship at Odin's alter either.

When it came to her last question, I couldn't deny that it was going to be the hardest secret to keep. If she really did stick around this time, she'd find out eventually. That was a pretty big if, but it was still an if, meaning there was a possibility she wasn't going to get a wild hair up her ass and disappear to God knows where. So... I guess I had to decide. Rip off the bandaid now or let her figure it out herself? I guess it didn't matter, I'd already made up my mind.

They're gone.

Back to top Go down

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:02 pm

Expecting him to fully trust me was an idiotic notion, when I didn’t fully trust myself, the drugged up mess I was, I would never expect anyone else to. Relief washed over me when he actually voiced an opinion on whether we should return to the old status quo. A smug satisfaction turned up the hint of a smile, especially at the way he had demanded that I stay. Since I was never intending on leaving I couldn’t bring myself to take a sly jab at it either, plus it wasn’t kind, which I had to keep reminding myself was a lesson I needed to learn. “Yet another club where I'm the president.” Selfishness was one of those personality traits that humans and shit, most other species saw to be horrific. However I didn’t think it was as bad as being a doormat. Not the best to have when a Pack Master and being responsible for the well-being of many others by hey what can ya do? “It comes in handy.” Like when you had to kill your own pack members or betray them.

Widening my eyes I was actually amazed at how much Onyx had grown. Calling him a stupid monkey brain wasn’t going to work now. Usually it seemed he was oblivious to the situation of others, or that he didn’t care even if it would affect him in the future. “You don’t even know the half of it yet, but I’m going to need Bacon and steak in my system before I’ll want to tell you anything else.” Not to mention I needed some time to deal with shit in my own head and formulate what I was comfortable telling him. How I was going to word it so I didn’t knock over any so called trust before it had begun to build. If that was even possible.

“When you feel safe.” I giggled in a twisted kind of way looking down at my arm and remembering the moment in which it had happened. “Don’t know if that’s going to happen anytime soon.” Safety wasn’t something I even felt now, though I was out of the woods and no longer by myself. The future had too many question marks that I was unsure I had the capacity to decipher and answer. It was terrifying, where once the unknown had been exhilarating.

Odin. My experiences with the old pack master had been brief. Now that I was thinking back to the night the town had been shut into the council building due to a freak storm I realized that I was much to blame for the way Onyx saw me now. Pretty much, was to blame. He had been the one who had, not welcomed me, but not treated me like a disease. Odin had wanted to string me up like a turkey. “Dear diary I’m a fucking traitor.” I laughed sourly and waved what was left of my sandwich around. “I knew that guy was an utter fuck.” Brightening slightly I eagerly jabbed my food in Onyx’s direction. “This book, does it have a lot of stuff on these fangers? Because to be honest I….don’t…know…” I tentatively taste the words on my tongue. Admitting I didn’t know something wasn’t in my nature. “…much about them, aside from witnessing what they can do, like, is there any mention of facilities where they might hold Wolves?” God. I really needed to know that information. I would give my arm for that. I’d fuck Onyx and produce pups a plenty just to know of one place. Just one. Nothing was more desperate.

The big share session was making me even more comfortable by the second. Feeling content was dashed, destroyed, and completely fucked when what I didn’t want to hear came from him mouth.

“Gone”

Repeating the word my face fell. Agony filled my eyes to the very brim and I dropped my sandwich, the hand holding it becoming limp and useless. “What?...what do you mean gone? Not….dead right? Please don’t say dead, I couldn’t handle that right now. It’s not possible. You’re fucking with me right? Haha very funny.” Desperation at it’s highest caliber completely wrecked my cocky resolve. I grabbed the front of his jacket with the one hand frantically searching his face for a hint of a shit eating grin.

“You’re…alone?” That idea was so fucking painful I felt tears rising. No, no, this wasn’t right but it all made disgusting sense when I thought about my prophecy. Protect the Alpha. It was because nobody else, would, could…I had to do it. I was going to do it. “Okay, well you’re not now, right? I’m staying.” Said it more for my benefit than for his but it worked both ways.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:02 pm

Shock, fucking horror. She was selfish?! I refused to believe it! No fucking shit she was selfish. I wasn't about to presume to know anything about her history, what made her the way she was, why she acted the way she did, I mean she was a fucking roller coaster of ''what the fuck'' and had left my head spinning more than once tonight. But selfishness was as natural as fucking pubic hair. Everyone was selfish, and anyone that claimed otherwise only proved they were selfish by trying to gain praise for being saintly shit heads. This was no surprise to me, and her admission of it was one of the top few moments of this strange meet up that made me feel she might be a somewhat decent human being. It keeps you alive. I added on, sharing my own reason for selfishness.

Another contrast between her and I came creeping into the light. She seemed to always ''need'' something in return for her information. A meal, a shower, a patch job, something, anything. And not once did I question the way she bargained, not once did I expect anything out of her or demand she share every little detail. What she shared, she shared of her own free fucking will. But when it came to me, I guess I was just some douche bag prick that owed her information whenever her little heart desired it. Imagine if I had demanded a fucking back rub, or ordered her into the kitchen, or a blow job in return for some information. She'd lose her fucking shit.

I think maybe that's the point. I muttered quietly. ''I'll give you information when I feel safe'' when clearly we were the furthest thing from the word was my way of saying ''never''. Which might have been a lie, I hadn't decided yet. Only time would tell.

You summed it up perfectly. Maybe say it with a little more crazy in your eyes and you'll have it right. I widened my eyes, more or less drawing inspiration from Jack Nicholson in The Shining, Dear diary, I'm a fucking traitor! My impression was fucked, but so was Odin so...

I recoiled, glaring at the sandwich that was shoved in my general direction, then glaring at her. I don't fucking know. Can you read ancient scribbles? It's not exactly there in plain english. I admitted, not caring if she flipped her shit over my strong willed desire to keep ''how'' I'd decoded it from her completely.

I laughed, I mean she knew some shit, I'd give her that, but on this particular topic, I felt I knew more. You can't just figure out where they are and go in with nothing but your good looks. That's suicide, no one will be singing songs of your glory then, they'll be telling tales of your stupidity. Plus, no one knows where to find them. And I mean no one. I couldn't explain how I knew that for sure without giving up some more precious information, information that frankly I wasn't ready to give up just yet. So I left it at that and shrugged my shoulders as I flicked my ashes out the door.

I'd felt we were getting somewhere, I really did. And by some twisted hope I actually expected my admission of the missing locals would be the end of that topic all together. But of course she wanted answers. So did I to be completely fucking honest. She went on and on, question after question that I had asked myself a million fucking times already. I placed my hands on her shoulders and leaned in, eyes wide and pleading. I don't know. Each word enunciated so precisely they pierced my ears. When I let go I felt her hand on my jacket and I glared at her, intently, there was no joke in this, and I was hoping to God she could see it so i wouldn't have to say it.

I didn't say that. It was true, but it wasn't. It depend on what she meant by it. I could only assume alone to someone living the lone wolf lifestyle for as long as she had been living it would mean something entirely different than it did to me. Oh goodie... My savior. I replied sarcastically as I reached for the bottle. I brought it up to my mouth but stopped, frowning again as I pulled it away, What about ''doing better alone'' or whatever the fuck it was? I pushed out my lower lip and tilted my head, Did someone have a change of heart?

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics