setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Misery Business - Page 3

[Private] Misery Business

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Misery Business

Lilith Alysbury | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:09 am

Onyx bombarded me with so many questions I had to assign a finger to each one to make sure I had an accurate inventory. Of course I was also allocating a need to each finger because that was the deal. Information in exchange for bringing me back from the edge of an abyss. Technically he had done that just by being alive funnily enough but I wasn’t going to do dick all but yap until I had gotten some much needed TLC. Sitting in his truck felt like rising to a throne. It smelt like stale smoke which reminded me of The Bleak Forest Pack. They had been the most resent of my travels, closest to Index. Peaceful, almost hippy in nature and had been the only group to actually offer me water and food upon arrival. Now they were all charred corpses. A mouthful of bile had to be swallowed before I spoke. “I’ll give you this one for free, my point is, is that we are a dying breed, wolves are being eliminated all over the place…you need to get your pack mobilized and get the fuck out of here,” He was fucking lucky to still have a family, now he needed to be the Pack Master I always believe he couldn’t be and save their sorry asses.

Now came a finger to curl up on the upholstery of the passenger seat. “Question number two in exchange for sewing up my arm, I’m paying in advance so don’t dick me over.” I tried to snarl the words but it fell pathetically short of a real warning. What the hell was I going to do to him anyways? Hug him to death? Answering this question was a difficult one. Did being ‘open’ like my prophecy said mean that I had to tell the truth? I had promised to, so I said what was sitting on the tip of my tongue. “I had nowhere else to go, you don’t understand what it’s like to think you’re the only one left.” Closing my eyes I had to stop speaking for a moment for fear that my voice would waver. Showing weakness wasn’t part of the bargain. “I figured if anyone was still alive it would be the Great Pacific Pack, you lot breed like rabbits.”

Shifting another finger to mark off another question I reopened my eyes and stared at him. “This one equals a hot meal, food too, no dodgy business.” What happened to me was a rather large topic that would not be explained in one instance. Plus there were parts I didn’t want to think about. It would mean facing the type of person I was and I wasn’t ready to do that right now. Not here in Onyx’s fucking truck, half dead. “My old pack were stalking me, they tend to kill other wolves who have had contact with me as a message that I can’t belong anywhere but with them…so I left Index, put on my big girl pants and went back.” I almost said ‘home’ but that wasn’t true. Wisconsin was no more a home than Index was. “I did you and everyone else here a solid, you can thank me later.”

While I had dodged the ‘What happened to you?’ question I twisted finger number four to add to the growing fist. “A drink, Vodka preferably, though right now I’ll even take water that isn’t from a river…..my arm, so, I was investigating businesses I knew had been owned and operated by wolves, many of them were burnt to the ground but I found one boarded up.” Big fucking mistake playing detective Luxx. “The booby trap was meant to decapitate, so I thought I managed to get out of it pretty damn well.” Grinning widely at him I tried to move said arm which was met with a transformation of the smile to a harsh grimace. “Didn’t realize till later that the blade was silver, it hasn’t healed and it won’t without help.”

Moving the final finger I ended up linking the inquiry I had avoided into one huge bundle. “For a shower, clothes, a bed…god a bed Onyx, I’ll tell you as much as I can about what has happened to me….but you’ll have to pretend to like me before I tell you.” Having to admit my pack origin was going to be a zinger but it was going to have to happen. Would have never considered it before, too risky and not at all any of his business but he was all I had right now. Being allowed to even return to lingering on the outskirts of his pack was a dream job right now. I’d do anything not to be alone anymore.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:44 am

I thought I'd had all the answers. Well... Maybe not all of them, but I sure as fuck thought I was more ''in the know'' than anyone else. Getting this surge of information injected into my brain in such a short amount of time made my head hurt. And as I reached forward to put my keys into the ignition and put my truck in reverse, I was playing mental catch up. Trying to see if anything she was telling me could fill in some of the gaps where I was at a loss in regards to what was going on.

I was actually happy, and it made me physically sick to feel happy about it. But knowing we weren't the only pack being targeted did make me feel better. Not because wolves were dying, but because any that remained could be potential allies, and fuck I was in short supply of those lately. Yeah... Some of us maybe. I looked to her, trying to imply I meant her insane durability and apparent immortality. But I guess I was kind of a member of that particular club too.

Sounds... I pushed harder on the gas once we hit pavement, ...lonely, terrifying actually. After experiencing the life of a lone wolf I wouldn't wish it on anybody. Though something told me she was more adept in that particular lifestyle, which if my time had taught me anything, probably didn't make it any easier. I forced a laugh, but it was very short lived, barely audible, and clearly fake.

You're joking. Should I revisit that fake laugh for another round? Doing me a solid would be letting me fucking know you've got personal shit to deal with and not leave me hanging in the midst of a war between fangers. Maybe we could have helped, a favor for a favor kind of thing. Thinking back I wasn't sure I would have put much focus on whatever bullshit issues she was going through. It was hard to see past the mission when she left, which ironically turned out to be incredibly fucking unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

Brilliant. I wouldn't say you got out well, you're staining my fucking upholstery. Not that I really gave a fuck, I didn't exactly have the best track record with vehicles anyway.

Considering I think I'm the one doing you a solid this time around, ''like'' is a big ask. I yanked the wheel, nearly missing my turn as I reached for my pack of cigarettes. I felt increasingly awkward, or maybe I'd just gone soft. I didn't fucking know. All I knew was the shit she'd told me, her current state, and I couldn't help but feel like going a little bit easier on her until she was patched up wouldn't be completely awful... I don't hate you. Maybe that wasn't her idea of nice, but it was good enough. It wasn't like I had many fucking friends to spare anyway.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:08 am

He actually sounded somewhat sympathetic. Twilight Zone. Could almost hear the music right now drumming through my ears making me truly wonder whether this was real or some vivid trip I was having. I was actually laying in a bush somewhere, my arm had finally festered and was jacking me up on toxins that had me thinking I was talking nice with someone who I had tried to fuck with on multiple occasions. I’d been the first one to admit I was an asshole but it was a product of my situation. Be treated like crap enough and you couldn’t help but attack every wanker before they even open their mouths. This ‘being kind’ thing might not be so hard, I was certainly doing a bang up job of it so far, aside from the odd jab here and there.

“I would wish the experience on no-one, literally no-one.” Not even my worst enemy. Sometimes I had been on the brink of just killing myself so I could be done with it all. Never of course tried to, my pride stopped me from ever really getting close. A ‘fuck the world, they don’t know how awesome I am’ mentality came through and I was good to go. Being faced with a real possibility of not having to be alone though, made me more desperate than I had been solo. Letting this opportunity pass me by sounded like the worst thing I could ever do and shit I had some moments that should take top spot.

Twilight zone music was replaced in my head with Onyx saying he didn’t hate me. Not the same thing as liking me but who could blame him. I’d never really been a friend to him, unless I was off my tits drunk and then you couldn’t really say that was the real me if it was a version of Lilith that required the way she saw the world to be altered to like you. “If you knew the wolves you were dealing with you would have tossed me out on my ear long ago Onyx, but I guess…thanks, for the now not needed offer to rally to my aide, but I never needed a tit for tat to help with the fanger problem” That actually made me feel better about what was to come. All the shitstorm of finding out who I had been, where I had come from.

“We’ve both saved each other’s lives, how sweet.” Snark was always my second language and I toned it down once again. Dampen the fire with the soothing words of my old Spiritual Leader. “Hard to believe but I’ve never hated you either, I’d say it’s more the opposite.” The shit that came out of my mouth was unreal but I was running on the premise that being open meant that I had to speak whatever was on my mind. “I just have a funny way of showing it….but enough of this shit, time to be my savior.” Sniggering I eyed the house I had been to a few times before, never really welcome but there none the less. “Please tell me you have Vodka, a bottle for the arm and one for my jaws?”

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:51 am

I don't know... A few religious-fanatic-politician-fangers come to mind... Then again I'd probably wish worse on them. It was nothing they wouldn't hesitate to do to someone else. I had the scars on my body to prove it. I had witnessed their cruelty first hand, and in some situations I wasn't even the recipient of said cruelty. The little bit of information that slut Noelle had given me was proof enough. Not that I believed anything that came out of her nasty mouth, but considering the context of our last conversation I knew she was telling the truth. She always did when she knew it'd fuck me over the most.

Maybe, yeah, well probably. I'm still balls pissed at you for not saying anything. Then again maybe a thanks is in order. It didn't take long after for me to realize that I was the only person I could count on for shit. I didn't mean that as a sympathy grab at all, in fact every word I spoke was sincere.

I cringed, Can't say I missed that. I muttered, growing increasingly angry at my pack of smokes and ultimately deciding to toss them out the window entirely for not being cooperative.

I took one last turn, seeing the lights from my street up ahead and feeling increasingly nervous about entering my home. For all I knew that smell of blood that invaded my senses every time I walked through the front door wasn't even real. But if it wasn't, let's just say that was the last conversation I'd want to have tonight. Ever, actually.

I turned to look at her, my eyes darting between her and the road and back again. I was thankful for the subject change, just as we were rolling up into my driveway too. Fuck her with that awkward bullshit. I'll get your damn alcohol, just don't use that arm, I'll get the fucking door. I hopped out of my truck and rushed to the other side to open the door and reached in to pull her out, hoping to god that nosey fucking neighbor of mine was minding her own business and not making another call to detective-whatever-the-fuck.

I made my way to the front door and entered as quickly as I could, placed her on the couch, and shoved the many empty bottles off the coffee table, and onto the floor. Jacket, off. I snapped my fingers along with the order and started towards the materials I would need. I didn't know exactly how bad the wound was, to be completely honest, I was doing everything in my power to avoid looking at it until absolutely necessary. So I just grabbed everything, whatever was handy in the liquor cabinet, med kit, and towels.

I sat down on the couch next to her, clearly rushing since we got out of the truck seeing as I wasn't entirely sure how bad the wound was. The cap was already off the bottle, and I took one drink for myself and passed it on. I'd take a drink because it's only gonna get worse here on out.

So while we get started, maybe you can talk, and tell me what the fuck the plan is? And maybe I'll tell you what I know in return.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:31 am

Those sentiments I understood whole-heartedly. I never ever put my full faith in anyone, well, maybe one person but it had taken years for that to develop and it was…different. Had to admit I was enjoying this, being waited on, and carried about like a princess. Pity I couldn’t completely enjoy it since I was too fucked up to fully appreciate. Didn’t even fully scope out my surroundings like a good wolf should when I was dumped on a couch and asked to strip. “Normally I would say you have to at least buy me dinner before getting any clothes off my body, but this fucking thing is on its way out.” The white of my parka was more like a creamy shitty bloody brown now. It was definitely garbage worthy.

Struggling to get it off when I’m one armed Nancy was a feat in itself. I’m sure Onyx enjoyed watching me wrestle with my own jacket, an epic showdown to tell the pack about later when cosy and warm in the bar. Peeling it off my arm was the worst part. Fabric had fused to the wound, probably helping keep it somewhat covered from the elements. Fuck it was painful but I gritted my teeth and didn’t say a word, didn’t make a single peep instead shoving the mouth of the bottle into my dry maw and chugging back several gulpfuls of a clear liquid. Had to make sure it was what I thought it was. Pushing the munted jacket under my arm I did my best impression of a good house-guest to make sure I didn’t get booze all over his couch and also didn’t fuck the towels he had appeared with. Taking a deep breath I splashed the vodka onto my open wound before he could say a word.

First I was looking at the open gash which looked angry but not infected. Flesh had spread open, you could see muscle, it made me sick just looking at it. You could see where Wolf magic was trying to mend the torn meat but it was stunted by the fact silver had made contact. I had been counting out the possible number of stitches right up until the liquor hit the exposed flesh. Blood trickled down my chin as I bit my tongue, hard, to stop the scream that wanted to rip out of my lips. My leg lashed out and kicked the coffee table. Moaning I slumped back on the couch holding out the damaged arm which was now trembling. Blacking out for a second I drank a cup of my own blood before the chomp in my tongue healed enough to speak.

“My plan was to find wolves, not like I can do dick all on my own, though in reality I’m probably safer as a lone.” Not that I’d found any others by themselves who had avoided the Supremacy. Guess they wouldn’t be all that good at hiding if I could locate them though.

He hadn’t been specific about what plan he was referring to so I didn’t feel bad about not telling him what I intended on doing during my stay in Index. I was going to assume he was asking about what I intended to do about the Fangers. “From there I was intending to do some research on the collars, I have one by the way” I had it stuffed in the lining of the parka itself. Had no idea how I was going to find out how it worked but it was a thing. “Track a cell-phone signal…high tech shit yanno?” I looked him square in the face with an absolute seriousness. “Whatever you have planned I want in, even if I’m going to get fucked up, I don’t care, nothing is more important than getting revenge for all the wolves that have been slaughtered…nothing…” It was the first lie I had told. There were two things more important. The first was a person, the second was my destiny.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics