setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Suicide Mission

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:53 am

The long, and frankly overwhelming conversation I had with Jack and Jill was surprisingly enlightening. Some long-term questions were granted answers, even if those answers could have possibly been lies. It was something. And while I'd been trying to come up with an alternative plan of my own for that inevitable ''shit-hits-the-fan'' moment, I was also playing along. As per the request of the mysterious siblings, I was waiting on the outskirts of town for my meet up with Noelle and Ursula. The ring in one hand, the journal in the other, or more accurately, exact copies of each. The ring had been spelled by some fucking witch somewhere apparently, I had no clue. And the journal was filled with strangely accurate scribbles with very minor differences. I was ''assured'' the important pages were jibberish, but I'd taken the liberty to rip out what I felt were very valuable pages and tossed them into a fire just in case I couldn't trust my new wolf companions.

I pulled up my hoodie and sighed as the last lick of sunlight disappeared behind the mountains, and that was all the time that was needed, as not even a minute later Ursula was standing in front of me. Where's your minion? - ''Fashionably late, I assume. But she's not needed for this exchange.'' She held out her palm immediately, not wasting anytime to retrieve what she'd come here for. And as I began to pass her the fake journal and ring, a van pulled over beside us. ''I've called for some help, I hope you don't mind.'' she grinned, not even pulling her eyes from mine as she passed the ring to one of her companions and opened the journal to begin examining the pages. ''It's spelled.'' The man spoke as he passed it back to Ursula and made his way back to the van. ''Thank you.'' She replied as she closed the journal and retrieved the ring. ''And as for you Mr. Byrne, as always, we'll be in contact.'' She immediately entered the passenger side of the van and just like that they were on their way down the road. I was feeling underwhelmed, as if I'd expected more... Bullshit?

My expectations were met when I turned my head back towards the trees separating myself from Index, only to find Noelle standing right in front of me. ''Do you have them?'' No. ''Where are they Vincent? And answer quickly, it's only a matter of time before that bi-'' I already gave them to her. ''Please tell me this is some pathetic attempt at a joke.'' I'm not joking, she just left. ''Do you have any idea what this means? You fucking foolish, stupid wolf. No wonder it was so easy for the supremacy to stock up on strays, you're a complete and utter moron!'' What? Wait... What do you mean strays? ''Point made, you think they've been killing your pack? You're a fucking jackass. Every single wolf they've taken from you is still alive and unwell. They're test subjects, like rats, but dirtier and more disease ridden. In fact I'm pretty sure some of them have been injected with some rather curious concoctions spelled by that coven you actually believed was on your side. And frankly, you're to blame, and deserve whatever whiny and broody feelings you must be feeling now, because you're a fucking idiot Vincent. Good luck surviving long enough to see the destruction you just brought upon all of us.''

I had stopped listening after she mentioned they were still alive, and I had spent the entire time going through a mental list of the wolves that had gone missing before my pack had abandoned ship. The ones that I hadn't witnessed obeying the commands of The Supremacy. Several names stood out. One of which belonged to a particular someone I'd been using for her especially useful skills, someone who had gone missing after I had invited her into my home on her return back to Index. I'd assumed she'd been killed, or sucked into the pack of lapdogs some of the other's had been turned into. But what if she wasn't? Could she forsee my death? And if she couldn't, did that mean my new wolf companions were right? Did that mean we could win? I had to know. And while I also would have done everything in my power to save her regardless of her gift, her gift made it all the more worth while.

I pulled up my phone and dialed the last number I had called. The female... Camille. It's me, it's done. You said you want to prove you're on my side, well I have a way you can do that now. I need you to contact your witches for me, the three of us are taking a trip. Maybe it was a suicide mission, but if there was any chance of me saving the wolves I had left, I had to take it.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Suicide Mission

Posted on Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:26 pm

''You the alpha in these parts?'' Who's askin'? ''I guess you could call me yet another interested party.'' I stared at the man beside me, my mouth hidden behind my shoulder and hand gripping my glass. I felt the tense sensation of a frown pulling above my eyes. Let me guess... Coven? No, maybe some shitty shoot off... Necromancers? I'm right, aren't I? ''You're good.'' He smirked, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning up against the bar beside me. No, I'm not. Furthest thing from good, actually. ''Is that a threat?'' Not at all. I replied sarcastically into my glass. Truth is, I've got an ancient religious cult of fangers trying to suck some demon bitch from my body, and a coven of ancient witches that want to shove her back in the way she came, you were either an alpha, or another mage, and frankly you smell like I want to rip your throat out and take a bite out of the chewy shit residing behind your skin, it was a lucky guess. ''Two threats in under thirty seconds, should I be scared?'' What you should be is really fucking nice and offering me a new fucking truck or a check with at least nine zero's on it if you want in the running for the demon bitch shaped gold medal. Because as of now, I've yet to feel inclined to hear what you want and how it can benefit me. I flicked my glass, sending a loud tink throughout the room and shooting it a few inches in front of me before spinning around to face him. ''Fair enough...'', ''All I want to do is give you a name. If you find yourself growing tired of this game of tug of war The Coven and Supremacy have you stuck in the middle of, use the name. I'll find you.'' Well?... What is it then?

Thanatos

The memory of the conversation I'd had with the stranger was nearly gone, but the name he spoke stuck out like a sore thumb. I picked up my phone and dialed, knowing damn well that giving that vampire child slut an opportunity to do the right thing was like telling the rain to stop being wet. Turn around. I spoke firmly into the phone, turning to pace back and forth as her laughter pierced my ears. Turn the fuck around! ''And why would I do that? Last I checked I had everything I needed from you, except you of course, but I think we both know that hasn't been much of a challenge in the past. You have no leverage anymore, wolf. Or is this just an excuse to talk since your kingdom fell to ruin? I could recommend some good therapists, or maybe some streetwalkers for company, but I definitely won't be turning around.'' My mouth tensed, and nothing but grunts followed as I tried to withhold my urge to name call. Thanatos. ''What...'' Thanatos... Thanatos.

It felt like a tank had hit me, and I found myself on the ground, my phone laying in the middle of the street and the taste of blood in my mouth. There she was, standing above me with wide manic eyes. ''It's not like beetlejuice, you don't need to say it three times. For fucks sake you shouldn't have even said it once you damn fool!'' What the fuck?! I groaned as the pain from her blow seemed to hit me all at once, delayed pain. ''That's what I'm wondering. You have about two seconds to tell me where you heard that name before-'' I pulled myself to my feet, watching as she began to pace. A red toothed smile spread across my face as I dusted off my jeans. ''Stop grinning you moon slaved idiot!'' ''When your new friend arrives, tell him it was a mistake.'' And why would I do that? Last I checked, I had everything I needed from you, OH WAIT, I don't. So here's the deal. Give me my wolves, alive, and I'll call it off. And no fanger bullshit either, don't send them back to me with missing limbs and weird fucking coven viruses either. I want them intact, unharmed, and under no compulsion. Savvy? ''Are you trying to negotiate with me?'' ''I will rip your-'' I can't die, remember? And what was it you said? Oh right, you needed me alive, and since you've wasted precious fucking time attempting to threaten me instead of making a phone call, I've decided I want to be there, to ensure you give me what I want. And judging by your reaction, you don't want to be anywhere near my ''new friend'', so we better make this quick. I shoved past her and started walking towards the van that was heading back in our direction.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:33 pm

''You're giving me orders? Need I remind you that immortality you've acquired doesn't belong to you? It's hers, and it won't last forever, wolf. In fact I'm inclined to believe it's nearly coming to an end. So before you start barking orders at me, you might want to think about kissing my feet instead and hope Lilith and I grant you pardon when she's done with you. There are many ways to dispose of an insubordinate wolf, trust me, we've have practice.'' I held my ground, but scaring her off with frowns and solid feet wasn't exactly the best fucking tactic. In the end, she did have the upper hand, and what would be the point to all of this, to getting rid of Lilith if I was only to meet a permanent end after it was all over? I needed to play this right.

What are you suggesting then? I asked through gritted teeth. ''One.'' She replied lightly, running her fingers through her hair and blinking slowly. One what? I asked again, this time with far more tension than the last. ''I will give you one wolf. Of my own choosing of course, I can't have you pulling your dear Peyton out of her little spell, I still need her. So I will give you one wolf, from your pack, and deliver them to you unharmed. That's the deal, take it or leave it, but you better decide soon, because if your necro friends show up before I get an answer I can promise you, you'll never see the few followers you still have left ever again.'' Fine, be quick with it. If I don't see a familiar in three days, tops, I can promise you, you'll be the one that won't see your followers ever again. You wouldn't want your precious Lilith to arrive to a broken kingdom, would you?

Our conversation ended when I left before waiting for an answer. It was a win, however small, any victory was something to celebrate lately. Who she'd send back to me, I had no idea, but I was hopeful. The information this wolf could have from the inside would be incredibly fucking valuable, even if it was obvious the enemy didn't care what I knew. Knowing was better than not...

Back to top Go down

Haven Everett | Wolf; Warrior/Fighter

Posted on Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:52 am

Thread Details
outskirts | clear | 1:27am

The back of my skull slammed against what seemed like the metal wall of a van as it came to an abrupt stop. It was moments before my pain sensors registered the sensation, the feeling was almost invisible. My head unwillingly hung down to my chest, the only movement I was capable of doing was with my eyes.

I remained still and silent as the moon slightly illuminated the metal floor of the van, I glanced up through my lashes at the silhouette standing just before the sliding door. I couldn't pin point a single feature because the next thing I knew there was a firm grasp and pull around one of my ankles, then my body was being hurled out of the van and skidding across the dirt ground.

Again, I remained still. Not out of fear, but out of exhaustion. There wasn't an ounce of strength in my bones. I couldn't even hold up my own head, let alone try to pry myself off the damn ground. But I also didn't want to get up, a slither of me was hoping whoever was kicking me around like a broken toy would just put an end to it all. Because that's exactly how I felt. Broken physically, and mentally.

I cleared my throat, intaking a deep breath before parting my lips. Where am I...  I lingered on each word, my voice was hoarse and quiet.

"Welcome home, mutt."

Before I could get another word out, I was silenced with the bottom of a boot.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:37 am

''I've been in contact with a friend, who has assured me your precious single wolf pack has been left in the very spot we had our little exchange. And fret not, wolf, she is in tact, unharmed, and fully functioning. I trust you'll hold up your end of the deal? Call off the necromancers, and I won't have to take her away from you again.''

Who is it? Who did you set free?

''Someone I'm sure you've been longing to see for quite some time. Such a scandal, you and her. I trust you'll be satisfied.''

There was a click and the call ended. Someone I'd been longing to see. My feet were already rushing in the direction of my truck and I hopped in, fumbling over my keys and struggling to get my door closed. I managed to get the keys in the ignition and my truck started, and finally pulled the tail end of a blanket I had stuffed in my backseat out of the way to close my door.

As I took off down the road my mind scanned through a long list of names. No. I told myself. It wasn't possible. Why would they strip me of every joy possible only to return Peyton? They wouldn't. There was no point in even allowing myself to hope, which was a lot easier considering I'd let go of that a long time ago. But why would she imply? Her choice of words were specific, and that right there was my first indication. I thought back to the night Ursula had sent me after that ring, she'd implied a lot, inspiring hope no doubt to watch it be squashed when I realized the truth later on. And this was no different. So who had she set free?

I pulled up just beyond the trees to the section of open land where the exchange had taken place. My headlights illuminated the back of a body on the side of the road. Fucking unharmed my ass. I growled as I opened the door, leaving my keys in the ignition as I ran to her aid. Rolling her body onto her back I already knew who it was. I had figured it out just as I had knelt down.

I checked for a pulse first, sighing a breath of relief as it was confirmed that she was alive, and scooped my hands under her legs to lift her up and carry her back to my truck. I leaned back the passenger seat and placed her inside. Oriel? I spoke her name several times as I tried to buckle her in, hoping for a response. I had no idea what kind of fucking damage they'd done, but if my own experiences were any indication of the extremes they were willing to go to, nothing was certain. I'm gonna take you home, you'll be fine. I wasn't sure if my words were for her benefit, or my own. Wishful thinking I guess.

I closed the door and rushed over to the drivers side, got in, and took off in the direction of her home.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics