setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] As One

[Closed] As One

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Closed] As One

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:13 pm

Thread Details
Tattarama Tattoo Parlor | clear | 10:17pm

"Baby please just let me give you a lift home. It's dark out, I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to my pretty little lady."

Jesse, it's only a few blocks. I'll be fine, I promise. I'll text you the second I'm inside. Okay? 

"You better. I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight, love." 

I watched from the curbside as Jesse drove off in his prized 1969 Camaro. He keeps telling me he's going to take me on a beautiful sunset drive and win my heart. I wonder how many women he's used that card on. Jesse is the eccentric owner of Tattarama, he's only a few years older but he is definitely your classic romantic Italian. We met the day I returned to Index when he caught me low-key checking him out at the coffee house. But once he realized I also spoke Italian, he was completely smitten by me and offered me the receptionist job at his tattoo shop on the spot. Everybody at the shop calls him Gator, the story behind as to why is still a mystery, but I prefer Jesse. Pretty name to match his pretty smile.

With the shop all closed up, I took one last glance as the neon sign flickered off before walking down the sidewalk along the dimly lit street lights.

Would it have been smarter for me to just let Jesse take me home? Of course. But there's something about the night life that peaks my interest, the empty streets, the cool breeze, it's all so refreshing and calming. Or maybe it's being unaware of your surroundings, who or what could be out there. Months ago, I remember the unknown would keep me up at night. How times have changed.

Or so I thought.

I was maybe a block or two from my apartment when a feeling I hadn't felt in months pierced my chest. But this was worse, much worse. I'm no stranger to this chest pain, however this was something else. Every time I inhaled the pain just seemed to pierce harder. I found myself using the truck in front of me to keep me from collapsing to the concrete. What the hell is this?  I breathed while clutching onto the sides of the truck. Then I got that feeling, the feeling of being watched. I first swung my head to the right in the direction of the shop and nothing, but then there was a light gust of wind to my left and a shadow draped over me.

"Walking alone at night? Didn't mommy and daddy teach you better? There could be creeps or man slaughters walking amongst you, sissy." 

Every hair on my skin stood up straight. A shiver trickled down my spine. It couldn't be... That voice. This wasn't actually happening. This was just a bad dream and I was about to wake up at any second. But this was very much real.  

I finally turned to face him and in doing so, I forgot how to breathe.  Scotty?  I uttered.

"Wow, it's been quite some time since I last heard that name. The name's Kyle now, thank you very much."

Before I could even wrap my mind around whatever the hell was going on, his hand was caught around my neck and he shoved me against the brick wall in a dimly lit alleyway. I winced at the forceful impact the wall had on my back, my hands holding onto his wrists as I tried to gasp for a breathe of air. "Now you're going to be a good little girl and remain calm. I don't want to have to make you. You've already had enough of your freedom taken away from you." 

I wanted to speak. But words, I was at a lost for them. Even my thoughts were on pause. My mind has never been so quiet. 

"Your heart beat... You're still scared of me, aren't you?"  His face seemed to have gone soft, his voice filled with concern. My eyebrows scrunched together at his acknowledgment of my rapid heart rate. How could he know that? "Good. That's good. The more real you are, the more they'll believe it." He stated, his eyes diverting from mine to the end of the alley we were in. They? Scott.. Who are you-  I blurted out but was cut short when he called out loud, his attention still focused at the end of the alley. Was that Latin? But then there were light footsteps, and from the corner of my eye a figure emerged. I didn't like this, not one bit. 

"We don't have long. Do it now." He ordered the mystery figure whose face was still masked with the darkness. When they finally spoke, actually more like a chant, it was once again in Latin but I couldn't make out a single word. They kept moving towards us, the only source of light finally showcased their face and it was a man. But then his eyes started to glow, he raised one of his hands towards me, he flicked his wrist once and my screams echoed throughout the alley. The pain in my chest had reached a whole different level to where I believed my heart was actually going to explode. 

What is he doing to me?! Scotty please it make stop!  I begged. I cried. This was unlike anything I've ever experienced. Every muscle in my body was trying to fight back his grasp on him, but he just pushed back harder.

"You don't get it, Sof! Do you have any idea what you've done by getting involve in all of this?! This is the only way they won't find you!" He snarled, but that wasn't all. The veins below his eyes were now visible and pulsating, his teeth... The fangs. My eyes widened at the realization of what he was. And he knew it at as well. On the other hand, who was he talking about? They won't find me? But also, why did he even care?

Just as the pain came to an abrupt halt, there was pure silence for moment as every street light flashed off. I didn't realize the man was now right beside Scott and I. He placed either hand on the back of our heads and pressed our foreheads together, he took one last breath before chanting once more. However this one was different from the previous chant. I peered through my eyelashes at Scott who was already staring at me, he opened his mouth as if he was about to say one more thing...

Then I felt my skin being sliced into, over and over again. Our screams shattered the once silent night. I could feel the warm liquid running down my fingertips as did the tears stream down my cheeks. 

And suddenly, everything went black.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics