setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Escape - Page 2

[Private] Escape

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Escape

Shane Mathis | Warlock; Necromancer

Posted on Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:17 pm

She wasn’t lying. She actually didn’t remember. Maybe the bastard had compelled her. So boring when they used their abilities to be do-gooders. Or to seduce a girl into sleeping with them in the bed of a fucking truck at a goddamn drugstore. Trash.

My name is Shane, but I can’t remember if I told you that. Maybe you need to refresh my memory. Was it Rite Aid or Walgreens? I didn’t move away from her, and as long as she allowed, my eyes fixated on hers. As much as I had planned for this encounter to leave her feeling somewhat comfortable around me, my ego was stepping in.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:12 pm

I had absolute no clue what he was talking about or trying to get at, and the expression on my face showed just that. I've never even been to a Rite Aid and the last time I was at a Walgreens was back with... Then my breathing hitched.  You...  I whispered, lowering the umbrella that was keeping us as one, and taking a couple steps backward. It wasn't out of fear though, it was as if I needed space to think everything over. And just like that, every moment from that night came flooding back. I made the trip to get my medication and that's where I saw... Him feeding, then the chocolate and the truck... Oh my god the stupid truck. My eyes never left his as every piece to this puzzle fell right into place.  Shane... You, you did a thing to Ben..   My breathing hitched again, I couldn't remember the last time I actually said his name aloud. Then you asked for my name and I felt so calm and... I widened my eyes when I remembered the last detail from that night. Then there was a cloud of smoke and then you were gone and...  I was too drunk from this and was rambling at this point. I just stood there, my arms at my sides and my eyes still with his, my mouth slightly agar. 

Is he gone because of you? I spoke quietly yet soft.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:29 pm

It was all worth it. The obliteration of her trust in me, the slight thought that she could have actually forgotten me or that the fuckstick had helped her to forget, it was all worth it just for that moment when I could almost feel every cell in her body change to a defensive stance. I felt amazing.

It seems he didn’t do you any favors, then, I looked to the side just as a few well dressed but very drunk people stumbled by. He could have made you forget. Odd that he didn’t. I didn’t mind the rain now running through my hair, down my face. I wasn’t phased as it ran over my eyelids and down my cheek. I tasted it as it slivered over my lips.

Why didn’t people always run when they were afraid? I remember hearing my friend’s dad tell a story about snakes, and why you couldn’t even really talk about them with him around. He wasn’t bitten by one - he just saw one dangling from a tree and their eyes met and he says the snake had him ensnared. I hoped I was Sofia’s snake at this very moment. I stepped forward and closed the distance she’d attempted to create.

I don’t know, Sofia. What do you think? The smile that was usually reserved for those newly in love, those when asked about a crush… the smile that hurts but you can’t remove from your face - it was now locked onto my lips.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:53 pm

The handful of people who walked by didn't even phase me, at this moment Shane had my full attention. Not even the raindrops trickling down his cheeks or the ones that blurred my vision could distract me from his eyes. 

I didn't move an inch when he closed the distance between us, during all this time I wasn't afraid, not even once. Surprised? Yes. But afraid? Not as much as he probably expected.

His smile. I was unsure of what it meant, was he just toying with me or did it mean more? If it meant more, was it along the lines of Ben even being alive... No, I can't let this, or him, get to me again. I just can't. But it didn't really matter now, that smile was all I needed. It was all I needed for what I was about to say next, which I couldn't believe I was actually going to do. 

Good. Keep him away. He's done enough. 

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:02 pm

It almost sounded as if she wanted me to be upset about the fact. Maybe it was an attempt to sound strong. So it would seem I might have done you a favor. My smile didn’t leave but it might have seemed a little less… sinister. I stepped back, thinking that I’d already done more work than I’d realized, driving a wedge between the two. Even if she was likely still more attached than she thought. I was no expert on that whole blood bond bullshit, but even relationship-wise I remembered the way she looked at him that night and I felt it was a safe assumption that it was he she was moping after tonight.

Like I said, it may not seem like it, but I came to you to apologize. I once loved someone who looked a lot like you. Seeing him do that to… I stopped myself, maybe pausing for dramatic effort.
Well in my eyes it was her. It’s hard to predict our reactions to seeing someone we love in danger.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics