setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Escape - Page 3

[Private] Escape

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Escape

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:38 pm

This setting was starting to feel, even more odd than it was before but also uncomfortable. I recalled the night where he kept referring me as his dead girlfriend or whoever, Lauren was it? Then for him to bring it up once again through an apology was just, weird. My lips remained still as my eyes shifted from him to my surroundings as he explained his reasoning for taking action the night with Benjamin. I get it buddy, I look a lot like your deceased partner, thanks for the reminder. I thought, mentally rolling my eyes. 

But I stopped and tried to put myself in his shoes for a second. What if I saw two kids, who looked similar to my brother and sister, in danger, whatever danger that may be, would I intervene? I would hope so. But if I did, I wouldn't be constantly referring the children as Honor or Sterling every five seconds. It's not the fact that he took action that affected me, it was him calling me by her name that really made me uneasy. 

As long as you don't call me Linda, or whatever her name was, we shouldn't have a problem because that was just creepy. 

Back to top Go down

Shane Mathis | Warlock; Necromancer

Posted on Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:09 pm

And your fanger boyfriend isn’t? But judging from what you’re telling me.. Sounds like the honeymoon’s over anyway. I had to be careful here. It was easier for me to be sharp-witted, but that wasn’t what this scenario called for. Not for my end game anyway. What I needed was for her to understand me or at least who I wanted her to think I was. But no, Sofia, you won’t have a problem.

Finally, I stepped back, returning her to her personal bubble. What did you think of the art, then? I tried to recall any of the paintings.. Any of them. They weren’t especially [i]bad[i], but like I said, none of them meant anything to me. They all left me a little curious. I think I’d enjoy them more if I knew what the artist wanted to show rather than forcing me to play guessing games.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:35 pm

Fanger boyfriend? I wanted to lash out, tell him he didn't know a thing about Ben, and that he's wrong. Not only would that have been insanely pathetic of me in light of recent events; but in retrospect, did I even know Ben? Sure we spent a lot of time together and I enjoyed his company, but his blood also didn't really give me any other choice. Ever since he left that's the one piece of the puzzle I've been trying to put together: What would we had been if he never gave me his blood? There was no honeymoon to begin with. 

At this point I could tell the alcohol was beginning to wear off and I was thankful for that. I'm not much of a fan of art. Literature art? Always. But if you placed me in front of a portrait and told me to explain its story, you'll have better luck with a blind person. The art show was honestly my excuse to leave the house..  I trailed off when I realized something wasn't adding up. 

How'd you know I was at the art gallery? 

Back to top Go down

Shane Mathis | Warlock; Necromancer

Posted on Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:24 am

It had happened with Alyssa - once she’d discovered Lauren, she denied ever having being into me to begin with. She claimed that our marriage was simply to please her mom and was never really what she wanted to begin with. I knew that was bullshit, a cheap way to be defensive. It almost made me pity Ben. Almost. Then again, she might not have been lying. The thought of him giving his blood to her for that sole purpose surprisingly angered me. Maybe he had been Kilgrave and she was Jessica Jones. Maybe his disappearance really was a blessing.

Well, if that’s the case, I’m happy for you. A lot of times things are never what they look like, are they?

How did I know? What was it that I said? I thought back through the conversation and caught a slight idea of what had seemed as such, but it might not have even been that. My interest in her on it’s own might have been all that was needed, but perhaps I could still explain it away. I..didn’t? A confused look washed over my face. Oh, I mean.. I sought you here, when I noticed you. Yeah, that wasn’t exactly true. I’d actually been hoping to run into you for that reason for a while. I wiped a few beads of rain from my brow, and the rain was finally starting to lessen to a slight drizzle. I might know the answer already, but are you interested in finding a dry place to talk?

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics