setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Escape

[Private] Escape

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Escape

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:16 am

Thread Details
Vue Art Gallery | overcast w/ light rain | 6:30pm

This thread is taken place early April. Sofia's current avatar is her today, so for this thread she still has her short auburn hair. Every image is exact, even down to the facial expression in the hair photo, minus the sunglasses, and she is carrying a clear bubble umbrella. Sof is wearing her usual small amount of make-up, mascara and peach lip balm. 

When I eventually convinced myself that attending a friend of mine's art exhibit wasn't going to be an absolute terrible idea it wasn't because I enjoyed spending time at art galleries or because I was there to show my support for my friend. I actually dreaded even the thought of standing in an empty minimalistic space surrounded by waiters carrying silver platters with overpriced champagne and people who are blabbering about how a solid white canvas has such depth and meaning. The friend whose exhibit it was only invited me in hopes to set me up with their douche of a brother, and any romantic interest with a guy is the least of my worries.  

The sole reason I made an effort to not look like I had been cooped up inside my house for the last two weeks and tear myself from the bathroom tile, was because I desperately needed a distraction and if that meant stepping foot inside an art gallery, I was going to take it. It's been almost three weeks since Ben fell off the face of the Earth, and it's been two weeks since my body decided to rip me apart from the inside out. He never said goodbye... No trace of a phone call, text, or even a letter if that was how he rolled. Not even a heads up such as, "Hey! Since I'm dipping out of this town and your life and won't be giving you my blood anymore, be prepared to not eat for days because you'll just end up puking it all back up! Oh and get ready for the excruciating migraines and hallucinations!" What a dick. I opened up to him, we shared moments together... And now he's just gone. Maybe I should take a page from his book and do the same.

I told myself I was only going to stay for no more than thirty minutes... Well three hours and five champagne glasses later, I finally take my jacket and slowly wobbled my way out into the light rain. If my stupid stomach could keep a damn meal down it wouldn't have taken less than two glasses for the champagne to really start hitting me. But now that I was out of that gallery, I wasn't really sure where to go next. I just knew I didn't want to go home and return to my broken state, I wanted the champagne to keep me at ease for a little bit longer. So I unhinged my favorite umbrella and just started walking.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Escape

Shane Mathis | Warlock; Necromancer

Posted on Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:45 am

Outfit

Was I so short sighted that I actually thought I was the reason her boytoy left? No, not necessarily. But even the smallest inkling that I'd ran him off really kept my chin up high and a smile on my face. She was all mine now, even though she didn't know it quite yet. I knew Ben, or at least his type. He'd run away, "figure out his shit" or at least figure out that life was always shit no matter which town you lived in, and he'd come back. What I wanted was for him to come back to see that she had come to me - willingly. She didn't have to, but that was the challenge, and the fun I had fucking with people like Ben. Not to mention the idea that Sofia would willingly walk right into her own demise. That much I understood about the fangers. Playing with people was just too fun. Even tonight, I was playing a game with Sofia; my plan to bring her in by pushing her away.

It's true that I've gone through a major change in the last year or so, some wouldn't recognize me as a person - but not everything changes including the fact that I couldn't give two shits about art. People who sat behind a canvas and attempted their expressions at their "inner turmoil" or whatever bullshit knew nothing about the real world. Whatever bullshit ended up on their paintings looked nothing like the world outside their studio. I was happy to find a small corner of somewhat scenic looking art, however nothing about it could portray the bone cracking chill of the wilderness, or the lung singing pain of a real fire. But it didn't matter, I wasn't here for the art, and I did keep her in my sight until she left the doors of the stark white gallery.

Once I reached her, I stated her name, firmly and clearly but with a soft inclination behind it, Sofia. I left my thumbs in my pockets, waiting for her to turn around and see me. You could almost say I was nervous. Would she even turn? Would she run? Would she even remember me?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:41 am

If it so happens to be that the only thing my stomach will keep down is champagne, I could be in trouble. But knowing my luck as of lately, I wouldn't even be surprised. My body is already slowly deteriorating, adding champagne to the mix won't do much harm. 

I barely made it a block before my name was spoken assuming it was one of the faces from the gallery I lacked to memorize, who was giving one last ditched effort to woo me, I just kept walking forward in hopes they would get to memo and turn right back around. But by the time my mind registered the voice that bear my name, I came to a slow halt as my heart began to sink. It couldn't be... Could it? A part of me wanted to immediately turn around and take in his smile I missed dearly, but the other part was afraid I wouldn't be met with the once familiar stubborn red head. He clearly had no problem leaving with no confrontation, who's to stay he wouldn't come back with no warning. I'm still furious he just up and left, but would I still be if he came back unannounced? 

When I finally turned and locked eyes with the face before me, it wasn't anger or sadness that washed over me... It was just nothing. I've hit the peak of numbness. This wasn't the first time I had the slightest bit of hope he had returned, at this point I was almost certain I would feel nothing if he were to fall from sky and land right in front of me. But this man... He may not be the stubborn red head I was hoping to see, but he did look familiar. Where have I seen him before? I'm not in the right state of mind to even try to think where I've seen him, let alone try to recall his name. I took a deep breath and spoke softly, praying I don't stumble over my words and give him the impression I had too much to drink if it wasn't obvious already. Do I... Have we um, met before?

Back to top Go down

Shane Mathis | Warlock; Necromancer

Posted on Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:18 pm

It was honestly a slight blow to my ego, but I quickly talked myself out of it. It was only a very brief moment we shared, and I’m sure it was slightly traumatic for her. Most likely she took some effort to forget it. The slightest aspect of a smile returned to me.

Yes, I replied, raising my brows but also looking to the side, with the slightest hint of shame. But I’m sure your intention was to forget that night. Every detail was important to me, which was what made me such a fantastic liar. Even though I wasn’t sure she’d see under the soft amber glow of the street light, my cheeks flushed. I could control life force, even my own. I saw you here and I… felt the need to apologize.

I heard it before it happened, the showering sound of water hitting the leaves of a nearby tree. As much as I wanted her trust right now, I still craved that miniscule reaction that I was possibly something to fear. Because I was. Do you mind if I- and without her permission I stepped to her, sharing a very small amount of space underneath her umbrella. An easy excuse to break the “bubble”. I studied her, and I could smell the alcohol under her breath, likely the champagne they had served at the gallery. The older I got, the more I appreciated things of class - but I still preferred a cold beer myself.

Have you ever lost someone you loved, Sofia?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:58 pm

So we've met before... Still not ringing a bell though. But apparently it was a night I wanted to forget? How bad could the night had really been? It couldn't have been as bad as watching your family get murdered before your own eyes. God I was way too plastered to ask this much from my brain that's already trying to get its shit back together after months of blood influence. I raised an eyebrow at his way of an apology. Apology for what? If he did something towards me the night I just can't seem to remember and now we both happen to meet up again coincidentally in the rain, it's a little odd to say the least. Or maybe it's just the alcohol causing my thinking process to be all wonky. 

Before I grasped the fact the rain had taken a shift for the worse, I was taken aback when he managed to shuffle his way under my umbrella. I stood there fixed as my eyes wandered his facial features, trying to read any bit of him. This guy could most definitely smell my many mistakes on my lips but it's a little bit too late to be self conscious about that now.

I almost couldn't believe what left his mouth next, I was way too tipsy to get into some deep life conversation with a stranger who allegedly isn't a stranger but a mere acquaintance.  If that's your excuse of small talk, it's a little too real for me, mystery guy.  I uttered, followed by a small giggle. What's your name again?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics