setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open-2] Roots - Page 2

[Open-2] Roots

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open-2] Roots

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:05 am

My club experience tonight was so far going great compared to my last time here. I'm feeling fantastic, dancing with my new friend Keegan was a success as numbers were exchanged but he unfortunately had to cut the night short for us. Something about his girlfriend not being too happy with him? So now I found myself back at the bar in desperate need of a glass of water when I felt a brush along my back then someone right beside me. Without even having to move my head I could see the trace of red hair from the corner of my eye, and every inch of me was begging my night wasn't about to take a turn for the worse right as it was getting good. 

With my head still forward I watched as he placed an empty glass on the counter, the bartender retrieving it not long after but that wasn't what I was paying attention to. His hands. They didn't seem like his, they didn't seem... Rough, like his. I took that as a sign it couldn't possibly be him in hopes by telling myself that it would relax me a little. 

"Sofia, how've you been? I'm so sorry for not keeping in touch with you." And he lost me. The voice didn't match, I knew this for certain. I swirled in my chair to finally face him and was definitely not expecting who was sitting before me. His hair, his eyes, right down to his stature... If I had a few more shots in me I would've fallen right out of my seat thinking it was him. Thank god that wasn't the case, I would never forgive myself.  I'm sorry but I think you've mistaken me for someone else. I don't believe we've met before.  

"But it's me, Ben."

Did he just... He didn't just say what I think he did? Did he? I shook my head and cleared my throat before speaking up again, I'm sorry but, what did you say your name was again?  I swear to god if he says it once more time- "It's me, Ben." ...This can't actually be happening right now. Whatever the hell this was I wanted absolute no part of it and figured this was my cue to leave. Yeah you definitely have the wrong person so I'm just gonna go.  But before I could even get up from my seat he gripped my forearm and leaned in close with his lips against my ear. "But it is me. Don't you remember how my blood tasted. Or how it made you feel when it was inside you." 

This was all beginning to become too much for me to keep up with. Yet none of it was adding up. How did he know about Ben's blood? How did this human know about that? His touch wasn't ice cold, first sign of a vampire I always look for. The more he spoke, the more his voice started to become flat. He wasn't right, something was definitely wrong and I just couldn't place my finger on it.

But his attitude shifted when his glass from before was now filled and placed in front of him. "You need to come with me. I can't forget her drink." Her? My eyes widened as he grabbed my hand, the glass with the other, and dragged me through the crowd towards the direction of the booths. If that wasn't his drink... Who the fuck was its then?

Once we approached his desired booth I yanked my hand away and met the gazes of the two oh so familiar faces snuggling together before me. You've got to be kidding me.  I scoffed. Why is it that I can never have just a normal, fun time at the club? Why is that always too much to ask for? I think it's safe to say the club scene is no longer for me. 

It's been awhile since I last saw you, Noelle. Cute little stunt back there.  I blinked to the man sitting beside her, the last person I saw before ditching town. Shane.

Back to top Go down

Noelle Faye Benson | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:06 am

Work for what, exactly? My eyes narrowed on his before a light smirk flashed across my face as I turned around. I had pegged his confidence a little lower than it truly was. As unique as his scent was, and as confident as he seemed, I still needed a little bit more to convince me that he was the more expensive meal. A unique blood type was a far stretch from my little Benjamin doppelganger. New? I laughed. I'm afraid, in a place like this, you're going to have to be a bit more specific.

I took in one last inhale of that incredibly intriguing scent before passing my new pet a wink from across the room. There was a split second between that wink and what came next when I felt completely in control of everyone around me. For now, I had allowed the people here to drink and dance. I had Ben the II wrapped around my little finger, and by sheer luck, Sofia in my reach. This stranger, who despite calling me easy, still hadn't left, and probably had absolutely no clue he was already under my spell. I even smiled, fangs exposed before they quickly retracted at the feeling of a touch coming from behind me.

For a moment, I zoned out, practically paralyzed. It was only a moment, and it passed when my new friend stopped speaking. With raised brows and a pure look of wonderment I gasped and turned to look at mystery blood. Now you're making me work for it. I grinned, oddly enthusiastic towards the idea of treating Ben's little treat as anything more than just that. Though I do hope your commands get more interesting as the night progresses... I can be a wonderful little soldier. Following orders, taking the kill shot... My hands lightly grazed over the button of his shorts before I casually moved back to my seat at the center of the circular booth.

My arousal was usually a bit different. In fact, most of it and my flirtation came from one single desire. Food. I suppose every vampire had their own way of acquiring what they wanted, but I used what worked for me, and most of the time it did without fail. And while I thoroughly enjoyed being the dominant, I would play his game. To please Sofia... Nothing would make me happier. It was already my plan anyway.

---

Stunt? I got up from my seat and nonchalantly pierced my lip with my fangs before going in for a hug. Trust me. For your own safety, trust me. I whispered in her ear before pressing my lips against hers. And once I was certain my blood was in her system, I pulled away. It's been quite a while, actually. How is life? The family? Do you like my new gift? I picked him out especially for you. I gestured towards Benjamin the II before taking my drink from his hand, and looked towards mystery blood. Shane.

When I sat down back down, I began wondering where I had heard that name from. Now it wasn't exactly uncommon, but certainly I'd heard it somewhere... Recently even? Very recently... Don't be shy. There's plenty of room for all four of us. I gave the seats on either side of me a pat and took a light sip from my glass. This was going to be absolutely fun.

Back to top Go down

Shane Mathis | Warlock; Necromancer

Posted on Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:37 pm

Instead of answering her question I simply pressed my index finger across her lips. There were so many ways I could play this and I wished that I had more time to figure out just which one I wanted to go with. This one was obviously used to getting her way or at least she was very good at making it seem as so. A part of me wanted to tear her down as slowly as possible - so much that she wouldn’t notice the infection slowly necrotizing every aspect of her life. It would be very easy for me, and easy for her to let me if she was always as confident with herself as she was now.

What I mean is, you’ve never met someone like me before, have you? You don’t know what I am, do you? I cocked my head to the side and the corners of my lips curled up. Fun. It was perhaps an unfair advantage, but I didn’t care. I was sure she used her own advantages on a daily basis. No killing, not just yet. I glanced at her from the corner of my vision; giving her no more acknowledgment of her hand’s position than that. Instead, my attention was now focused on Sofia, now making her way towards our booth with one of the “bros” I’d recently ran off. I started as a spectator, taking in all the information I could regarding their relationship. It could have been a mistake to order the vampire so early, but it didn’t seem to mask the venomous undertones they shared.

I’d like to hear more about this family, Sofia, I said, leaning back with a grin. As Sofia’s apparent gift placed a drink in front of the vampire, I snatched it quickly away and took a sip but I didn’t let it leave my hand afterword. Very nice of you to think of me, bro. I shifted so that there was in fact, plenty of room for the four of us, then placed my hand on the shoulder of the vampire, impressing my will to her, Tell me your name. I paused for a second, And tell me exactly how you know my friend Sofia here.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:28 am

Trust her? What does that even mean? I wasn't able to protest to what she said before her lips were now against mine. I sort of just stood there with my eyebrows raised and arms at my sides, completely bewildered at whatever she had in mind. That was until I tasted a familiar drop of iron trickle down my throat thus realized what she had just done when she pulled away and I saw the trace of blood on her lip. Oh I wasn't confused, no, I was pissed. Just as I was finally getting over the complications of a vampire's blood, she pulls this card. How does she expect me to trust her now? But will I even have a choice once the effects start to kick in? If this was going to be anything like it was with Ben, I would be her little puppet.

If there was one thing I gathered by knowing Noelle, it was that she couldn't care less about anybody but herself. Especially a human like myself with my history. I'm sure she would have the greatest pleasure sucking me dry. I narrowed my eyes at the typical family nudge, gotta love it.  How thoughtful of you, you shouldn't have. You really shouldn't have.  I spoke of her gift. 

Did I want to join them in the booth? Of course not. Each time I was encountered with this two everything just seemed to take a complete turn for the worse. So what would make this time different? But I have the horrible curse of not being able to say no, and with that I took a seat next to her sick idea of Ben's clone. I wasn't about to sit next to either of them and be caught in the crossfire of whatever will happen, at least I know I can use the clone as a shield if need be.

Maybe a different time. I wouldn't want to sour the mood with my good ole family story everybody seems to be just so fascinated with.  I grinned back, however my grin does not reach my eyes. The grin fades and sets in a firm line once I glance to Noelle, not only for bringing my lovely family issues to the table but most importantly for her second stunt of the night. 

I raised an eyebrow at the awkward exchange those two were having and was thankful I didn't sit next to either of them. But curiosity filled my mind with Shane's interest in Noelle and I's history, as well as his delivery of the matter.

Back to top Go down

Noelle Faye Benson | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:43 am

Admittedly my ego was rather large. It wasn't anything to be ashamed of. In fact, considering how many people there were that simply didn't have self confidence for justified or unjustified reasons, I considered myself a rarity. And with rarity came wealth, not just in currency either. And with wealth, came importance, and with importance came that justified confidence. It came full circle, and it wasn't without effort. Sure, now it was effortless to me, but I had to work to get where I was. There was always some equally egotistical male counterpart that wanted to prove that not even the most important woman in the room impressed them, and that was exactly what this guy was. And that wasn't a jab, it was almost a compliment.

What you are is a mystery thus far. As for who, I think I have a pretty good idea. I replied confidently. I wasn't speaking literally, however. Shane wasn't exactly an uncommon name, and as much as I tried to dig deep to find when, where, and from whom I heard his name, I just couldn't pinpoint why it felt so familiar. I was speaking more for his personality, of which I felt I had a pretty good grasp on the important bits. However his question did raise an even larger question. Why exactly didn't I know what he was? He didn't quite match up to a mage... He definitely didn't smell like a wolf, not human, and I knew for sure he wasn't vampire... So what was he? Why was I so inclined to do as he said? Why did I like it so much?

I was more surprised at how not surprised I was at the way he spoke so effortlessly about death. He didn't stop at ''no killing'', he stopped at ''yet''. It only further intrigued me, and cemented the idea that I had come here for a reason, and I was staying for a reason. I was thoroughly entertained with my company, and the curiosity I felt was thrilling. I wasn't some mental case that enjoyed killing because I enjoyed killing. I had just accepted long ago that myself and others like me were superior beings. We were made to hunt, we were made to kill, it is what we did well, it was what we were intended to do. And I loved doing things that I was good at.

I'm glad you like him, Sofia. Though you must admit... He doesn't quite match up to the real thing does he? I smirked, If I had a little more to go on, just a few more details on what exactly it was that Benjamin did to you that drove you absolutely wild, I would happily arrange for your new companion to do the same.

Shane stealing my drink was irritating. That wasn't cocky, that wasn't confidence, it was just childish. And not in the innocent, virgin blood, delicious kind of way either. I suppose it was time to kill two birds with one stone. I wanted it to be just the three of us anyway. Benjamin, darling, find me a Mary. My taste for martinis has dulled, I want something bloody. As Sofia and my pet disappeared, I lightly ran my fingers through the tail end of my hair and smiled. To be fair, I don't think anything could sour my mood, Sofia.

I turned my head just enough to make eye contact with Shane, fangs emerged, which this time wasn't intentional, they just came out sometimes. Noelle, Noelle Shaffer. I was poised, every sound enunciated with precision and confidence. And when his second command came, a chill ran up my limbs and I took in a deep breath. It wasn't fear, it was pure elation. My eyes turned to Sofia, and they didn't break away once. She fucks my progeny on a regular basis. My head cocked to the side, She's his pet.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics