setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open-2] Roots - Page 3

[Open-2] Roots

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open-2] Roots

Shane Mathis | Warlock; Necromancer

Posted on Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:47 am

The name Shaffer did sound a bit familiar, although I wasn’t interested in figuring out just who I was thinking of. The most I would do was keep my ears open to hear the name repeated. It really is lovely to meet you, Noelle. I said, before taking another drink of her cocktail. And sorry about the drink. I don’t have quite as much influence on the norms. I looked around to Sofia and shrugged. I’m sorry to say. But that wasn’t necessarily true. I think when it came to Sofia I wouldn’t want it to be done that way. It was part of why I disliked Ben, wasn’t it? I didn’t necessarily have anything against vampires, but they were technically already dead. Really, they’d lived their human lives and they were on borrowed time. They kinda owed whatever price they paid, right?

I’m not sure what I expected, but I was a little let down. Boy toy drama? But then it hit me; I’d really not been paying attention, had I? The little human servant was her so-called Ben, wasn’t he? That’s what she’d been calling him. Oh, right, I’ve met him. Kind of a cheap douche if you ask me. Compelling someone to bed? How lazy is that?

I rested my back against the booth and took in a deep breath through my nose. Sofia, I said, not looking at her yet, The company you keep. I finally turned my head and looked at her from behind Noelle. We need to get you away from this shady crowd, don’t we? You know I can help keep these fangers off your back.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:08 am

You and I both know I wasn't myself when I was with him, Noelle. But I'm certain you have a pretty good imagination, how about you whisk up those details yourself.  

The length she went to piece together this Ben is a little sad. How did she expect me to respond? If she was expecting a breakdown of emotions and me longing for what once was, she was wrong. If anything it left me feeling nothing but just a little amused. I'm quite impressed actually, Noelle. You pretty much nailed everything about him, even down to his appearance. Are you suffering from separation anxiety? Must be tough to be away from your little progeny for so long.  I scoffed lightly, now resting my back against the booth and placing one leg over the other.

Was I relived the disturbing clone was finally gone? Yes. But now I was down a human shield and it was just the three of us, what could possible go wrong. Let's start with the fact that Noelle's blood was most likely in my system by now, which I was still trying to figure out what she had planned in that mischievous sick head of hers.

But my thought process was cut short when my eyes widened at the words that left her mouth, they practically slapped me right across the face. I mean she wasn't wrong, however I did not expect for her to make it sound so vulgar and aggressive. Way to lay it on him, Noelle.  I said while clearing my throat. She spoke the truth, though. I was his pet. No matter how many times I convinced myself otherwise, that I was meant more to him, in the end I was just his puppet. I smirked at Shane's choice of words and for once I actually agreed with him, he was a cheap douche indeed.

I don't doubt you could, but for how long? They always seem to find their way back into my life one way or another. 

Back to top Go down

Noelle Faye Benson | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:36 am

There were more pieces to this puzzle, and I was feeling intrigued on where to find them and how they fit together. How my new friends knew one another wasn't nearly as curious as how I found myself in the middle of their... Whatever it was they had going on. And I was even more excited on figuring out how I could wedge myself between them even more. I could use some entertainment. It wasn't that I was bored, I just simply wanted to be a part of this game and watch it unfold from the middle. I'm sure it is. I replied confidently to Shane. It was a pleasure for most men to meet me, I was sure. And don't be silly, I can be rather generous in many aspects of a blooming friendship. Drink all you want, from any of my glasses if you desire.

I must have had you pegged wrong, Sofia. Which I am truly sorry for. Perhapse... I scooted over and let my index and middle finger walk slowly from her knee up to her thigh, You could show me who you really are? I can guarantee I'll let you be whomever and whatever you want... No compulsion, no blood, just... I bit my lip as my eyes locked on hers. A fantasy most likely, or am I wrong to assume you perceive me as anything more than competition for Benjamin's affection? I was strangely sincere. While the thought of seducing Benjamin's pet had entered my mind on a regular basis while he was still near, I'd never actually wanted it for any other reason than to cause trouble between the pair before now.

I could feel the tension between the two, and not just because I and positioned myself between them. As my eyes moved from left to right, I sensed a smile spreading across my face as smooth as butter. Your hostility towards me, Sofia, is misplaced. And I wouldn't expect you to fathom the bond between a maker and her progeny, nor I would I expect you, Shane, to understand the sheer insult you place upon me by insulting my progeny. And this is why I will grant you both a pass for your ignorance on the matter, as I am sure neither of you intend to ruin the lovely time the three of us are, and will have for the rest of the night. I only wish to have a good time, and to unravel the mystery of the two of you. Unless childish insults against a man that is not here to defend himself is what you two consider a good time, in which case we can have a really good time by my ''fanger'' standards if you prefer. Though I cannot promise it would be as much fun for the two of you as it would be for me.

Just as I had finished, my new pet had arrived with not one, but two Mary's on either side. ''I found you a Mary.'' Keep them entertained, love, my thirst has been quenched via entertaining conversation for now, but I might want a snack before sunrise. Oh, and don't have too much fun, I prefer my Mary's extra virgin.

Now, can we dispense of this passive aggressive hostility and have a friendly conversation? I'd love to know how you two met.

Back to top Go down

Shane Mathis | Warlock; Necromancer

Posted on Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:48 pm

On one hand, I didn't want any more background between these two than I already had. Alyssa had loved her soaps, but I was never a fan. Still I was cautious enough to realize that this narcissistic vampire (weren't they all?) would have to be a factor in my plan. We were all vultures at this point, even the not present Benjamin, picking at Sofia for our own selfish desires. Did I pity her? Maybe a little bit, but it didn't falter my dedication to this project any more. I would have to learn more about Noelle, more about what she actually desired from Sofia, and cut it. It wasn't necessarily easier to cut Noelle. I could sense that she was strong, and usually behind a strong vampire was a twice as strong vampire, or a protective nest. There would be better ways to get her out of the picture. Keep your friends close, and all that.

I suppose you're right. No reason why we shouldn't actually be having fun here. It's why we're here, right? I played with my now empty glass, tapping the rounded edge so slightly on the table. It's actually a funny story, and well... with what you've told me, it makes a lot more sense. I saw them out one night and uh... I rubbed the back of my neck with feigned embarrassment. I thought he was attacking her. Ben, I mean.. I chuckled, silently but visibly, then spoke again. You can see my embarrassment when I finally realized my mistake. But still, knowing what I know, I still wasn't sure she was safe - with the blood and all. I'm sure I've creeped her out, but I've grown to feel a bit protective of little Sofia here.

I thought about it again, this being a good segway into what I'd begun to offer Sofia before, especially seeing that in all the buzz I'd not quite answered her question. That's what I want to show you, Sofia. What these guys can do to you, I can do to them.

I needed something obvious, but not threatening. Something... fun to lighten the mood. I placed my hands on Noelle's shoulder, not only with intent to command her, but I wanted to attempt to get more of a feel for just how strong she was. It was definitely intense, and in some circles she'd at least have the power to back up being ancient. But I didn't get that feel from her. No, and it certainly cemented her tendency to be self important. Her maker was ancient, very ancient. I found myself surprised I had controlled her as much as I had. I would have to take care with how I dealt with this one. My fingers still on Noelle, I finally spoke.

Bring me a refill, Noelle.... please. This might not be such a small thing for someone like her. She seemed the type that never did niceties for others, or at least not without motive. I waited for her to move, then I smiled at Sofia. No movement closer to her, and my smile was soft and lacking that usual devious nature. She, and those like her - they'll do what I say. Now, I don't necessarily plan to abuse that. A flat out lie. I had, and I would again. But it's an ability that I could use for good. I could use it to stop someone like you from getting hurt. I had waited for her to leave before I spoke those words, even though I wasn't a moron. I knew she could hear. And maybe I could make Noelle ignore what I said, but I would have to be touching her. That was the catch. I wouldn't be able to actually protect Sofia in the ways I was advertising, basically. It worked through my power. I essentially transferred it, and once it wore off, they would no longer feel compelled to do my bidding. At least not by the power. But those who knew me, those who I had... employed... knew what I could do if they didn't.

And while she'd like for you to think otherwise, she wants more from you than a night in bed. What was her game with that anyway? Was it really just the classic seduce fuck kill? Kinda boring, if you ask me - even with the girl on girl twist.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:05 am

The sensation in which erupted throughout the lower half of my body the instant Noelle's touch graced my skin was a feeling I was all too familiar with. That longing feeling, the feeling of not wanting more but craving more. It was the feeling Ben's blood gave me, and since Noelle was so kind and gave me a slip of hers, it was going to déjà vu all over again. Sure it was a small dose, but I know how much of an effect their blood has on me, it doesn't take much. But even though deep down I knew whatever her intensions were in no way good, a part of me can't help but be a little... Enticed by the promise that lied behind her words. This had to be the work of her blood in my system. It had to be... Right? 

Well you already broke one of those, did you already forget the little something extra you gave me in that kiss we shared?  I asked while replacing the distance between us, mostly out of fear of what the blood would make me do.

Funny story? More like a very boring and embarrassing story that I don't think we need to hatch up.  I blurted out when Shane paused in hopes to diffuse the situation but he just kept on going. I squeezed my eyes shut of out pure cringe as he wrapped up the stomach turning story. I can't remember how many times I've looked back at that night and asked what was wrong with me. Well Noelle is going to have an absolute field day with this one. My eyes softened when Shane confessed being protective over me. I barely knew the guy, yet hearing that little bit of information brought comfort and a small smile to my cheeks.

Shane had the habit of being very vague and mysterious when it came to his words. He seemed to leave every sentence with a cliff hanging, and it was no exception for this moment. What they do to me, he can do to them? I knew there was more to Shane than meets the eye, it was evident on the night outside Walgreens when he vanished into a black cloud. So could he do? I watched as he placed a hand on Noelle's shoulder and asked of her to get him a drink. If there was one thing certain about this woman, she was nobody's errand girl...

But just like that Noelle stood up from the booth and moved away, my mouth agape with confusion as I met Shane's eyes. Could he really compel vampires? I assume whatever he did to her works the same as compulsion. Learning all of this about him and what he can do is interesting and all, but why? Why does he feel so inclined to prove his worth to me? He doesn't even know me. So why does he care so much?

Isn't it obvious? I know Noelle enough to know she always has more planned, and it tends to only really benefit her in some sick way. But Shane... I trailed off, turning my body towards him but moving no further. Why do you feel the need to protect me from them? We've had a couple exchanges, but we don't really know each other. You're trying to "prove" yourself or whatever to me by compelling Noelle, but why do you even care?  My tone remained calm yet expressive. The last thing I wanted was to come off as irritated with his actions, it was just rare for someone to showcase this much interest in the protection of my life.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics