setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] Family History

[Closed] Family History

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Closed] Family History

Shane Mathis | Warlock; Necromancer

Posted on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:37 pm

Thread Details
Hotel in Seattle | Hot | late night/early am

I sat at the table next to the air conditioner in the corner of the small room crammed with a bed, a couch, a table, a mini fridge - the normal things you see in a hotel room. The windows did have a decent view of the city, but the rest of the room was cheap. I had decided I’d rather stay awake than lie on the mattress that felt like springs wedged between sheets of plywood. Even without the lamp on, I could still kind of see her lying in the bed asleep, her face standing out as her raven black hair was barely distinguishable from the dark navy blue pattern of the comforter she’d cocooned herself in. Was she fucking cold? How the fuck was she cold? I was sitting directly next to the air conditioner and I was still hot.
I leaned over the table and looked down the neck of the beer bottle there, almost fitting my eye in the hole as if it were made for it, and seeing a dim reflection of the whites of my eyes before I blinked. I was fucking bored. It was five am, and I didn’t expect Michelle to wake up on her own until at least noon… but then again that bed was terrible. If she could sleep on it, she could sleep on anything.

I hope you’re not staring at me, she mumbled, That’s creepy as fuck.
She already thought I was creepy, but that’s also exactly why she slept with me. I deliberately aimed my vacant stare at her, still looking past her moreso than at her. Seeing as she was only partially awake it was still enough to make my point.
You want more. Not a question.
”MmHm.”
What else was there to do?

I counted divots in the popcorn ceiling and she started to roll over for another round of sleep, but I stopped her. If I was going to be bored, I wasn’t going to be bored alone.
Do you understand who you are?
”Not this shit again, Shane.”
Again? Our gazes - glares - met quickly. Alright, I was guilty of giving her some shit when I first met her about how she was “special” and how she had something no one else had, blah blah blah. It was right in a sense, but it damned sure wasn’t the reason I was sleeping with her. I’d only said it to keep her intrigue. Besides, what she had yet to understand was that I wasn’t talking about her personality, I wasn’t talking about how fucking “cool and mystical” she was. I was talking about the pure accident and fucking bizarre circumstance of her so called birth.

Fine. I rolled onto my bare back as she propped herself on her side and admittedly my eyes flicked over to her tits. I still wasn’t tired of them, but I needed something else from her and I didn’t know how to get it yet.

I’m just going to lay it out there. I’ll tell you all of it.  I know who you are. I know more about who you are than you do, and I know about Claire and Eva.

She looked effortlessly frozen. I met her eyes and did not relent. I knew how I was making her feel now, the blend of fear and helplessness… wrapped with a ribbon of intrigue.
She made one heave of a breath and fell onto her back.
”What the fuck are you on about now?”
I could show her the vision as I had Logan, but I wanted to savour her reaction to my own words. I could always show her later, give her the proof she would eventually demand.
I’m really surprised you haven’t figured it out, Michelle. Eva’s your mom.

She snorted, laughed, and not even a nervous laugh. I’m not kidding, and I’d stopped looking at her. It really wasn’t crucial for her to believe me, I was telling the story out of boredom, right? So I made little effort to convince her.
Do you remember waking up at a hospital, and all those nurses looked at you like you were so pitiful, so sad? Do you remember the dumpy one finally breaking down and trying to help you remember that you had actually miscarried? I don’t get that, myself. If someone forgets a bad memory, let them forget, right? How does it help you to carry shit-
”Shut the fuck up, Shane.” Michelle began to roll out of the bed, and I enjoyed the view, as much as I could, even her ridiculous phoenix tattoo, before I grabbed her arm and stopped her. And I let her see it all. Eva’s mom, her vampire sister, the blood. It didn’t take her quite as long as it took others to recover from the vision, going from the wide, white eyes to the angry jolting glare to me.
”Too far, Shane. I’m out.”

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics