setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] Temptation Exposes Weakness

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nïya Kaminski | Vampire; Classic

Posted on Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:06 am

Thread Details

London | Cold | 8.02PM

OOC Message
Part 1 of....maybe 3 or 4, we will see..

2 YEARS AGO

It started the way it always starts.

With stolen glances, brief touches, soft words. Never did I think that something so cliche would apply to me. Never did I think I would find myself thinking of my maker as anything but the dangerous and cunning creature that he was.

My fingers lazily dragged just over the surface of the bath water as I attempted to hide what effect his presence had on me. I am busy. I stated, well before seeing him enter the bathroom. Why he felt the need to interrupt my bath was beyond my comprehension, but I would be lying to myself if I said I didn't appreciate the interruption.

Vox strolled towards me, and took a seat at the edge of the bath, flashing me his signature grin. It took every fibre inside of me to keep myself restrained. To stop myself from testing my theory about what was going on between us. I couldn't be the only one thinking the same thing. He had been acting different towards me lately, that couldn't have been an accident. Everything this man did was on purpose. Even down to the hurt he inflicted.

I can see that, I came to merely talk. His fingers dipped into my bath, following the pattern I had just made along the water. A part of me ached to feel his fingertips do exactly the same against my skin though I was too much of a coward to say this out loud. I was still uncertain where he was concerned and I didn't want to say or do the wrong thing to displease him.

I shuddered, frustrated that my thoughts would betray me when he was right in front of me. So talk. It was amazing how I was able to even string those words together, inside I felt as if my heart was pounding, though I knew that was impossible. Looking up at him now, I noticed as he took me in, eyes scanning me from top to toe, the corner of his lips, slowly but surely turning itself upwards into a grin. I returned his grin with a smug look of my own. I was glad he was happy with what he saw, selfishly, I needed him to know at least that much - even if I couldn't yet find the courage to say it out loud.

I was wondering whether you would like to come to hunt with me tonight? The request was simple enough, but felt strange to me considering how much he always stressed about hunting alone. A mere request to tag along would usually return a cold and final response. There was nothing like that in his eyes tonight. It was peculiar. Me? Why? I felt stupid for asking, actually ridiculous was more that right word, but the invitation caught me off guard even more so than his initial presence in my bathroom had and I wasn't sure whether he was being serious, or not.

I haven't forgotten that today is your birthday Niya, I thought a treat was in order. Besides, it is just you and I here tonight. I wouldn't want to keep the birthday girl waiting on her dinner.

I hadn't forgotten.

I just tried to push it out of my mind for the most part.

Every year was the same, and so often had these days passed that they just felt like a blur. Today was my birthday, tomorrow might be a new decade. I had lost track of so much time, and yet Vox seemed to have mastered the complete opposite. Every day was a new opportunity, a new celebration. I envied him for it.

Taking my washcloth, I began to slowly scrub at my skin but his hands were over mine in a moments notice, pulling the cloth away from my hand. Allow me.  He began to gently rub it against my skin, starting from my shoulder and circling down along my arm. My eyes closed and I sunk into the water as he caressed my skin with it. I quietly moaned in approval. If this was his treat, then I would gladly accept.

I have left you a dress in your room, you're to wear it tonight for our hunt. I murmured an okay under my breath as he moved the washcloth towards my chest and grazed over it. Whatever game it was that he was playing, I was falling right into his trap. But it had been some time since I had allowed myself the luxury of being pampered, of being touched, it felt too good to ruin. I felt the absence of his hand almost as soon as the thought crossed my mind, and my eyes fluttered open, frowning slightly - maybe I had talked too soon?

Hush now. His hand came to my cheek, thumb dragging down the line of my jaw. He had taunted me, and just like that he had taken his treat away from me. Enough so that I could desire it, but not long enough so that I could devour it. Later, I swear it. He leaned over, cold lips pressing against my forehead.

Later.

His words were a whisper in the air, and just like that he was gone and all that remained was the promise of something I hadn't even realised I wanted until it was dangled right in front of me.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics