setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Nursing On a Poison That Never Stung

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Santiago Valdez | Wolf; Warrior/Fighter

Posted on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:51 pm

Thread Details

Windy  | 8.37PM

OOC Message

It had become a deplorable habit to waste away at the bar, but one that nonetheless I could not rid myself of.  My nose twitched at the assortment scents of the different variations of alcoholic beverages; warm and inviting, drawing me in the moment my feet stepped into the building and for a moment I allowed myself the luxury of taking it all in, closing my eyes and immersing myself in the intoxicating aroma before finally heading towards the counter.

I needed this. The distraction. I needed to force away the swarming thoughts of those women dead on the road, mindlessly left for anyone to find. I needed to push the dread that continued to creep into my body at every mention of Catalina. I needed some time away from my brother - even if only for a few hours. If the only way to get this was at the bottom of a drink, then so be it. Opening up my overcoat as I pushed through the slight crowd, I took a seat at one of the stools and let out a quiet sigh. What made us think that we could move to this god forsaken town and find the answers we needed? Why was it so important that we did?

It was a constant struggle, I thought to myself just as I picked tonight's poison - a triple shot of rum. Both Salvador and I desired nothing more than to uncover the truth about our father but at the same time it was costing us everything. Our lives for the past year, completely dedicated to this manic search for a man who desired nothing more than to keep himself inconspicuous and for what? I took a grateful sip from my glass the second it hit the counter, savouring the bitter taste. I had believed wholeheartedly that these answers were what we needed, but what if we wasted all this time for nothing more than a dream, conjured up naively by two people who needed something to keep them anchored at a time when they needed it most?

I had a lot to think about, but I was tired of thinking. Tired of feeling.
I yearned to be numb.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Nursing On a Poison That Never Stung

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:22 pm

OOC Message

Makeup & Outfit. Hair loose and middle parted.

It had been a long day at work and yet, though it was far past the time I would have liked to be home in an ideal world, my day wasn't over. In fact it was far from over and felt like the most difficult part had yet to come. Not only had another wolf gone missing but the missing girl in question's boyfriend was desperate for answers, answers I couldn't give him. He had still wanted to meet up though, if to reveal anything more or to try and pry information out of me, I didn't know. He had only been insistent and upset. I felt interviewing him personally was the least I could do, not even due to my own guilt. He deserved a listening ear, from a pack's perspective or a police officer's and it just happened I had both.

That was how I found myself at One Shot on a late, windy Wednesday evening. I pushed through the door, quietly at first and then with less subtlety when I could see the warlord Brutus wasn't there. I scanned the crowd as I slowly made my way over to the bar, shedding my gloves and tucking them into my bag. I hadn't met the male wolf who'd wanted the meeting, only had a brief phone call wherein I'd learned his name, Ryan, and not much else, though he seemed to know who I was.

I hovered by the bar, looking round for another searching face but not being met with one. I checked my watch, still glancing around. I was actually a few minutes late due to traffic. I frowned as I waited, hoping he didn't think I was a no-show. There was a male figure at the bar, alone and with his back to me. I smiled and walked up to his side.

Hello? I flashed him a small, welcoming smile, about to introduce myself when I wondered if he did know much about me. He could have only heard about me through pack gossip and have no idea what I looked like. I'm detective Khan. Are you the man waiting to meet with me about the missing girl? I asked.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:01 am

I was quickly beginning to discover that drinking was doing nothing when it came to trying to forget all of my problems.

Despite ordering another round and downing it just as eagerly as the first glass, it did nothing but burn my throat. I needed it to push away these thoughts, but I realised that it was doing the exact opposite. I was over thinking. I could barely even keep myself still, my feet tapping anxiously on the foot stool as the questions continued to swarm in my mind. What would we do if we finally found our father? What would we even say? What questions are we actually looking to have answers to? Besides all of that, what the hell was I going to do about my brother? How the fuck would I even muster up the courage to tell him the truth about that night, about Catalina?

I ran my hand over my face in desperation, letting out a sharp breath. It took me a moment to even realise that I had company, I barely even heard the first thing she had said.

Partially because I was still lost in my thoughts, and partially because she was fucking beautiful.

Had I seen her around before? Something about her seemed familiar, but I couldn't place my finger on it. I was still admiring the deep chocolate of her eyes before I snapped myself out of it and actually listened to what she was saying. This was the problem with me, I never learned my lesson. Wasn't it just this morning that I had to let down a woman because I couldn't find it in myself to commit? What the hell was I even thinking right now? I grabbed my glass and pressed my lips to it, frowning as I tipped it forward and noticed that I had already finished the drink.

Que Mierda. I mumbled under my breath. What shit, indeed. I thought about what my mother had said to me, how she had warned me to be smart when it came to women. I almost wanted to laugh at the memory now, if she knew just how off the rails I went I figured she would be rolling around in her grave.

Dropping my glass back down to the counter, I slid it away from me just as the bartender was passing along, motioning with my head towards it so that he could pick it up and refill. Detective Khan, it is an honour to meet you. I put out my hand to shake hers and motioned for her to take a seat. There's another missing girl? I raised my brow, curiosity taking the better of me. I didn't really answer her question, I realised, but considering my brother and I had already seen 5 dead women, I wondered if maybe there was a 6th, or if there were a lot more than that. I knew I shouldn't have given a shit, and a great part of me didn't - in fact, I wanted nothing more than to NOT be involved in the matter at all, but it was hard not to care when Salvador cared so goddamn much. It was hard not to try to help him figure things out when it was obvious it brought back painful memories for him.

Back to top Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:19 am

It didn't take me long to realise the man was slightly inebriated, or that he hadn't been fully paying attention to what I'd said. My problem was that while both of things pointed to the man not being Ryan, neither of them meant he certainly wasn't.

I pursed my lips at his hand, unimpressed, but smoothed it over with a professional smile. After placing my gloves inside my purse I shook the offered hand. And who is it I'm meeting? I retorted, letting my gazed linger on him. It was a shame he couldn't have been as useful as he was attractive. It seemed to be a track record with male wolves. I'm supposed to be meeting someone named Ryan, I don't suppose you know who he is? I chanced.

I glanced around the bar again before looking to the seat, meeting the man's eyes with a raised eyebrow for his forwardness. By that time I was ninety-nine per cent certain the man wasn't who I'd arranged to meet but no-one else had entered the bar or attempted to catch my attention. I took my bag from my shoulder and sat next to him anyway. What was there to lose? I had to wait somewhere for the mysterious 'Ryan', who I was beginning to wonder even existed.

Another missing girl? I glanced to the man again with a frown at his unusual wording, breaking off to speak to the bartender, A club soda and lime, please. I didn't mention that I thought my drinking partner could do with someone nonalcoholic too. It could have been the reason for his unusual worded question, or simply that the whole situation with missing persons was unusual. I let out a little sigh. I know there's been a few people go missing, girls included, but we're still working the case. There are leads, it's not over yet. I smiled, it not reaching my eyes, and once again reminded myself that keeping people mostly in the dark was for their own good. It didn't help my own conscience when I was faced with people who had lost loved ones and wanted answers to their questions.

My eyes caught on the glass the bartender placed back in front of the man and I tore them away to look at my own drink. I took a sip. It could have been a regular citizen drinking themselves to oblivion at a bar, but it felt like more. Do you know one of people who's gone missing? I asked gently. It was hardly a leap considering the number of people who were missing, or how tight-knit parts of the pack were.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:12 am

It hadn't dawned on me until she looked at my hand in an unimpressed fashion that perhaps my charms didn't work on everyone. It actually prompted me into re-evaluating my tactics some. She had clearly come here looking for this Ryan person, and if she hadn't been sure when she stepped in that I was no such man, my avoidance had surely made it clear that I was definitely not the man she had been seeking.

Still, that did not mean that she could not sit down and talk.

Fate had a way of setting things into motion and though maybe she was not to meet this Ryan, and I was not to drink alone, maybe this encounter would propell us both closer to answers we both seeked. Shaking her hand, I flashed her an effortless smirk, waiting until she decided to accept my offer and take a seat beside me before I answered her first round of questions. Unfortunately, I have no idea who Ryan is, though if it makes you feel any better, no one has come here suspiciously antsy as if they were waiting for someone. and by someone, I meant the beautiful detective before me. and I have been here for some time now.

Not that it was anything to be proud of, but I would rather not waste her time or give her hope that this person was coming. I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan mysteriously disappeared, just as the girl had.

You can call me Valdez. I would rather keep my first name to myself for the time being, there was power in a name, and history for that matter. I may have been a little aloof at times, but I was not entirely stupid. The last thing I wanted was for the pretty little detective to uncover some dirt on me, and while my last name was about as common as my first name in this town, at least there was one other person, exactly like me who I shared it with. I had my brother to thank for that.

Maybe divulging the fact that I knew something was a bad idea, but, if she could give me some information then maybe I would be able to finally face my brother without feeling like a complete failure. I nodded my head and while I found her choice of drink unsurprising, I found myself wishing that maybe she join me on my race to reach the bottom of the rum glass. At least then I wouldn't feel like the only one with sorrows that needed to be drowned out.

Taking up my drink and bringing it up to my mouth, I savoured the bitter sip and watched her as she spoke. Though her words were optimistic at best, her body language was betraying and I knew without a shadow of a doubt that she did not believe in her own words - and neither did I. That's good to know. I tried to mirror her smile, but failed, the corners of my lips barely making their way upwards before giving up and setting back into their usual place, setting my face in a frown.

Do you believe deep down that you will find whoever is doing this? That there will be justice?

I asked the question more for Salvador than for myself. While there would probably never be justice where Catalina was concerned, there had to be some hope, even a slither, that it would be different for these girls, that they would be avenged. I wanted that - no, needed that - for him. Maybe that would ease his pain. I knew one of the girls, but I wasn't exactly close to her- I paused, wondering whether I was stepping into dangerous territory. I heard that she was..that she was mutilated. I had seen it with my own two eyes, after all Salavador had been the one to find her but I didn't think saying that was necessary in this conversation. I heard that there was a woman, found on the outskirts of town this morning, the same thing had happened to her, as if she had been attacked by an animal. I had my suspicions of exactly what kind of animal would be able to inflict that kind of damage, but that would take me looking into the mirror, and I wasn't willing to do that tonight.

But that is ridiculous, right? Far fetched in fact, because an animal couldn't do that Detective Khan. No, it had to be a monster. A cruel, cold-blooded, vicious monster. I downed the rest of my glass just as quickly as the others and set it down with a loud bang against the counter. Licking the remnants of rum from my lips, I turned to her once more and shook my head. Are there any leads for that?! My words were harsh, and stung deep when I spat them out. I never told Salvador my own suspicions as to who was to blame for these attacks but my suspicion haunted me, deep within my bones.

I'm sorry..

I pushed my glass away from me now, feeling as though every ounce of control was slipping away from me. I was grasping desperately at the little that remained. It's been a rough day.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics