setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] Wings

[Closed] Wings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Closed] Wings

Pandora Blackwood |

Posted on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:38 pm

I'm cool, working on a few things of my own, but I can talk. I spoke into my phone, removing my hands as the phone hovered against my ear so I could multitask to the best of my ability. My phone rang right in the middle of a little something I was conjuring up, and while I let the stove warm up, I pulled out a plastic baggy from my pocket and used a pair of tweezers to retrieve the single strand of black hair from inside. Just a moment love- I spoke again, flicking both of my hands to force my phone to hover in front of my face, and switch to cam. There, it's much better when we can speak face to face. I grinned, ''I agree. Now, what news do you have?'' I ran the strand of hair under the tap before laying it out over a paper towel by my stove and drying off my hands. ''Pandora dear, what are you up to?''

I paused to make eye contact for a moment and snapped my fingers. And my dearest Jackson flew by, dropping two tiny envelopes into my hand, and I held them up for the camera as he perched on my shoulder. ''Pandora... What are those?'' She looked at me as if I was planning something mischievous. It seems the wolf has become careless. And while you know I do enjoy my playtime, I figured he could use a break from the drama. So I wrote him a letter instead. I smiled sweetly as I set the letters aside. ''And the other one?'' - Hm? I pretended I had no idea what she was talking about. ''The other letter Pandora. Who is the other letter for?'' I smiled, Oh, the other letter. I pretended I only just realized what she was referencing, but my acting was sub par. JIt's not so much about the other letter itself as it is the gift it will contain. - ''You've grown too attached, I'm afraid.'' - Did you expect any less? I smiled at her again as I plucked a feather from Jackson before he flew to the window.

''Well you know I'd never try to stop you from your pursuits and affairs. I'd have better luck changing the tides. But please, do be careful.'' - I always am. I grinned again as I began plucking the soft fibers from the feather and placing them beside the strand of hair on the paper towel. As for our shared project, I have uncovered something in the library. A simple reversal spell, which I believe is more in tune with healers, like yourself, so I would need your help. It's simple really, and it'd be temporary, we'd only have a small window of opportunity here. But it should do the trick. - ''You know nothing about this will be simple, but I've put my faith in you before, and I'll gladly do it again. Unfortunately, I have no choice in the matter anyway. I've come up empty handed. But I suppose I was looking in dark places when it was right in front of my face all along... I'd truly never even thought of attempting a reversal spell.'' - That's because, as I told you, you need to get more sleep. Put your faith in the cause, karma will sort out the rest, will it not? I gave her a sincere but sweet glace before switching off my stove and removing the ring from the pot of boiling water with a pair of pliers. I placed it too onto the paper towel and ran my fingers through my hair before reaching for a small bottle in my pocket.

''Oh Pandora for goodness sakes, lycan fur?! What are you doing?!'' - It's perfectly fine! I've discovered a fourth ingredient completely by accident, or more our friends have discovered it for me... I pulled the last ingredient from my pocket and showed it to her. ''Blood? Not vampire blood I hope...'' Indeed, but not just any blood, the blood of Lilith. And before you begin telling me the consequences of dabbling in magic so dark and using such deadly ingredients, just know, I do know what I am doing. I placed the bottles onto the counter and turned my attention back to my virtual company. ''How on earth did you acquire the blood of Lilith? That would mean..'' - Yes, I had it blessed by The Order. Granted I was forced into a trade that was less than ideal, but I held up my end. - ''Oh dear... And you wonder why I haven't been sleeping.'' I giggled as I finally reached for the phone and moved to my sofa.

''I do hope when I come to see you, you can put this wolf and vision business aside long enough for us to focus on the most important task at hand.'' Do not worry about me, I am ready, I am focused. And let's not forget if it were not for the wolf and my vision that important task you speak of wouldn't even be necessary. I am just making sure to keep the pawns in line before we begin attempting to move our knight. All of which is necessary might I add, if we plan on taking down the queen. - ''I suppose you're right. And it's getting late, I should leave you to your pawns while I go catch some sleep.''

We said our goodnights and I looked to the counter before getting up to finish my enchantment. If Michelle Hawke wanted wings, then wings she would have, but she would not slip her fingers into that treacherous ring around my pets neck ever again.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics