setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] No news is better than bad news. - Page 2

[Private] No news is better than bad news.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] No news is better than bad news.

Haven Everett | Wolf; Warrior/Fighter

Posted on Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:35 am

I didn't care if he wasn't in the mood or it would crank his style, I was going to get a hug from him even if I had to strangle himself. But I definitely didn't expect the type of hug I received. I wrapped my arms his neck and squeezed him back as my face slightly fell. How would he react when I finally told him? I knew no news was better than bad news but still, for once I wanted to actually have a premonition and bring the wolf home. Instead it was just another dead end. I made sure to bring life back to my face once we pulled away.

Jim. And I should leave more often if it means I'll get hugs like that from you. Seriously though, that was the best hug I've had in quite some time. I almost didn't want it to end, but I know he wants to get down to business right away even though I would like to push it back until we both blacked out. In the time he took to walk to the kitchen to grab the bottle and back to the living room, I had removed my jacket and draped it across the back of the couch. If it was a different occasion I would've cared about revealing my arms and exposing my scars, but I figured we'd both be too drunk tonight and hungover tomorrow to even remember. 

I plopped down on the cushion next to him and pulled my legs to the side. Damn babe, if I had known you were pregnant I would've. Maybe later if we're not too wasted to stand we'll go out and get a late night snack, kay? I propped my elbow on the back of the couch and rested my head against the palm of my hand. My jaw dropped at his cringe worthy joke, we haven't even started drinking yet.  Wow, you're just so funny. My sides can't handle your humor. I smirked and lightly shoved his arm.

Why was I so worried about how he would react? It wasn't like I was going to keep this information from him all night, I just needed a way to make that conversation go a little more smoother. How about we start abusing that bottle and you tell me everything I've missed, including how you've been doing. Then I promise we'll get down to the nitty gritty mission.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:44 pm

Don't read into it. I smiled and shook my head. For one, she was hot. For two, she was the closest thing to a friend I'd had since I joined the pack, even though there were some rocky and distant moments... Probably more often than most would consider a friendship to have. And yeah, I'd been distant for months, maybe I was to blame for that. But it wasn't like we were the type of people that sat around listening to Miley and talking about our problems. Maybe she was, I didn't know, but what I did know was I definitely wasn't that person. And she was a wolf, which unfortunately for her, automatically put some marks in the negative column.

Jim it is. I poured myself some jack, and her some jim, and leaned back. What the fuck you talkin' about pregnant. I'm not craving pickles and shit. Just beef, but really don't skip on the pickles, ever. They make it. I took a drink and closed my eyes. Could I sleep yet? Damn why didn't I postpone this shit?

My expression went flat and I just looked at her for a minute before rolling my eyes and taking another drink. She was stalling, and that was fine. In fact I saw that as a good sign. If she'd discovered anything fucked up then I had to assume she would have told me right away. So maybe this was a good sign. I'm fine, as always. I lied and took an even bigger gulp. And you haven't missed anything really. I don't know... I haven't really been paying attention to the world.

Back to top Go down

Haven Everett | Wolf; Warrior/Fighter

Posted on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:41 pm

I watched as the caramel broth filled the glass while humming to the familiar guitar tune in the background. Hey, every pregnant person has different cravings, maybe yours is just beef. I ain't judging. I hid my already forming grin behind my glass as I took a drink.

I was always a terrible liar and keeping secrets from others. Even if I tried it wasn't long until nerves and anxiety completely controlled my mind and body. With my low tolerance for keeping a secret plus my gift, it seemed I barely had control at all. I imagined if I actually had useful information to tell I would have been nervous, but the fact I had none I was even more nervous. But even though I was a shit liar, it wasn't hard to detect his lie. Since when has he ever been fine? I shook my head and took a sip, knowing we weren't here to discuss each other's issues and doubt we would ever do that over drinks.  I wish it was easy for me to ignore the world. But the instant I try somebody just has to go out and get plowed by a car. Why go outside when you can stay in and finish a bottle with a friend, you know?   And I rolled my eyes sarcastically. 

There was a brief silence between the both of us and if there was one thing I knew it was silence never helped ease my already fuming nerves. I started to chew on the inside of my bottom lip and before I know it I'm going to start chewing on my fresh nails which I wasn't about to let happen. I decided to gulp the rest of my glass before putting all my cards on the table. I moved my feet from the couch onto the floor and propped my elbows on my knees. I didn't find anything... No premonition, nothing. I finally blurted out while running my fingers through my roots.  Within the span of two months I had twelve premonitions, and not a single fucking one of them was a wolf. Is it bad I'm pissed because of that? For the first time since discovering my hell of a gift I was fucking eager to have one, I was waiting for the nose bleeds, for another mark on my arm, in hopes it would lead me to them. I knew the value behind this mission. You wouldn't have sent me to scour the west coast for just any wolf, Vincent. 

When I crossed the state border the thought of not knowing how you would take the news finally hit me. I know you're not the most optimistic one out of the bunch, so I didn't know if no news was good news to you. And I couldn't help but think the reason we hit a dead end was because of me. Maybe if I had taken a different route, gone beyond the boundaries you set, done anything different we would've found them... I would've saved them... Who knows, what if they're dead now because of me, because I was too late.  My tone was dry, it showed no hint of desperation in hopes to receive pity. Remorse was the last thing I fucking wanted.

I reached over the table and took a swig straight from the bottle.  The one time this fucking gift could've lived up to its name... I was the curse.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:06 pm

I rolled my eyes, assuming she knew more about the subject of pregnancy than I did. I knew pickles and pregnancy had some kind of relation to one another, maybe I just didn't know the details as well as I thought I did.

I don't, not firsthand anyway. But you already know how I feel about your gift... And the irony behind it being called a gift to begin with. Did she know that? I couldn't recall ever really talking about it with her, but I knew I'd thought about it a lot. Fuck I'd thought about most wolves gifts. Sthira was currently holding the trophy for coolest gift, and frankly, Oriel held the gold medal for least desirable gift. Was it fucked that it made me feel better about mine? I never thought it was that great until I compared it to hers. Fuck what did it matter, I'd take a win wherever I could get it.

When she finally got the point and began talking about the only thing I cared to truly engage in a conversation with her about, I stared at the liquid in my glass, occasionally looking up at her with nothing but my eyes before looking back down at the liquid in my glass and swirling it around. I listened carefully, and I took it all in, pausing after she had finished speaking to let the silence aid me in gathering my thoughts. And when I was ready to say something, I finally set my glass down and positioned myself more comfortably in my seat with a sigh.

Well, I'm in the same position I've been in. I can't deal with worse, and frankly, you coming back without even a hint of a lead isn't worse, and isn't better. It's just the same. All this means is we still don't know if said wolf is dead or alive. They could be either, we could be too late, or maybe said wolf just doesn't want to be found. In which case, they're dead to us anyway.

Shit I didn't even realize what I'd said until it came out, but realization of how fucking accurate that was began sinking in real quick. If Peyton wasn't dead or captured, then that did mean she probably just didn't want to be found. And that did mean she was dead to us regardless. It wasn't like I hadn't given her a million fucking reasons to bail either, because I had.

If they're dead that's not on you, that's on them. That's on their captors. And I set boundaries for a reason, because going beyond them would be redundant. So don't be so hard on yourself. You did everything you could given your limitations and what little information you had to go on. That's enough for me. But now it's time to move on. We can't keep focusing on one missing wolf when we have a pack to look after, a family to keep safe. I reached for my drink to take a sip and sat it back down. Smiling and even laughing a little at what she said next. It wasn't that it was funny, it was just the fact that I could relate to that word more than she knew. Life itself was a fucking curse.

Anyway... I turned to her, placed my hands on either side of her head, and caught her gaze. I'd already planned on doing this, I just didn't plan on doing it so early in the night. But I needed to wipe her memory of her mission completely, or at least alter her memory of it. It was for her safety, but mostly it was for Peyton's, mine, Sthira's, fuck, anyone that was involved in this mess. The more confined we could keep this information, the better.

Once I was sure she felt my influence, I spoke short but sweet, I spoke clearly. I sent you on a mission to try and find the rogue, our ex warlord Ollurian, to bring him back to face judgement for his crimes against our pack. That was who you went searching for, but you could not find him, and now we are going to move on. I could feel blood dripping out of my nose and quickly got up to head for the bathroom. So I guess there's only one thing we can do then? I yelled out from the bathroom as I wiped the blood away with a rag. Let's get fucked up?

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics