setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] No news is better than bad news.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:55 pm

Thread Details

Byrne House | Calm but cool | 9pm

I hadn't exactly told Oriel who she was tracking. Which obviously probably made her job difficult. All I told her was she was on a mission to acquire information on a missing ranked wolf, which really, for all she knew, could have been Spirit, Ollurian, or Peyton. So she didn't know for sure. If she managed to get a vision on her journey, then she'd know who she was looking for. But if she didn't, then I was still in the clear when it came to keeping Peyton's disappearance on the down low.

But, as this date neared I'd began growing more and more nervous. It was like those people that avoided doctors because they were afraid of what they might say. I wanted to avoid Oriel for the same reason. Because no news was better than bad news. I'd known from the beginning I'd have to live without Peyton simply because as an alpha I was mated to Ghost as my first and there was no way around that. And yeah, that sucked dick, but at least I got to see her. At least we got to hang out and share obscure metal bands and play fucking video games. At least I could be around her, the only wolf that lifted me up instead of pulling me down. Aside from Hana... But that was a whole different can of worms and frankly, I couldn't read the label. But now I found myself constantly checking my inbox to see if she'd replied to my emails. Constantly checking my text messages to see if they'd been read. Constantly driving by her house and hoping to see a light on inside or rushing to the door when I heard a knock just in case it was her stopping by to tell me she'd won a free trip to Jamaica and didn't have cell service. Fuck, I'd probably still give her a fucking hug despite how much I'd be pissed at her.

But with each let down came more paranoia and this feeling in my stomach like I'd swallowed a rock.

I'd expected Oriel to stop by tonight, but I gave her a phone call anyway just to make sure she'd be coming by. And fuck I had no idea why I was cleaning. Our friendship may have faded out but I still felt the need to be a good host. Really, I wouldn't have given a fuck if there weren't dishes piled to the ceiling. I wasn't about to offer her a drink and tell her to clean a cup first if she wanted one.

I went ahead and opened the front door to let some air in, I was getting hot. Then I switched on the stereo and turned the volume down to something reasonable. I don't know, I wasn't in my typical ''louder is better'' mindset. Once I was done I just plopped on the couch and slipped off my beanie to let my head cool, and nervous bouncing of my leg and checking the time followed shortly after.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] No news is better than bad news.

Haven Everett | Wolf; Warrior/Fighter

Posted on Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:14 am

OOC Message
Outfit

I was returning back to Index empty handed and even after voyaging the entire western coast for the last two months, I couldn't decide if that was going to be a good thing for Onyx. I figured he had chosen the west coast because it held some meaning to the missing wolf and figured I would have a vision if I was near them. Clearly this lead was a dead end. But it wasn't all that bad, it barely felt like a mission and more like a getaway. But if he even dares to try to send me on yet another road trip across the country, he better be ready to pay for my gas tank or at least tag along. I'm sure he could use a getaway more than I do.

But in the end, the wolf was still missing and as twisted as this is going to sound, that's must be a good thing... Right? It means they're still alive just in a different location... Or it means they're already dead and we were too late. I was too late. I'm sticking with the former, our wolves are strong and I believe whoever is missing is alive and well. At least one of us needs to stay hopeful because I sure as hell knew Onyx wasn't going to.

The Index city limits sign blinked past me as the leaves ruffled out from beneath my car when the screen of my phone lit up the passenger seat and I already knew whose name would be displayed. Was he worried I was going to be late for this very important date? I grinned, glancing down at the dashboard and from the looks of my speedometer, if the traffic stop police decided to not do their job for one more night, I would be parked out in front of his house in under a minute. I waited until the final ring to press the green button and bring the phone to my ear, although the volume of his music wasn't as loud as he usually likes it, my hearing was still able to pick up the beat in the background. Now how's my favorite guy doing this evening? Have you already started the welcome home party before the main guest has even arrived?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:34 am

I smiled, not wide, but I couldn't help the little one that appeared when I heard her voice. There was hesitance in my smile though, because those knots in my stomach over whatever news she might have for me refused to go away. I got Jack and Jim, that good enough? Or were you expecting real people... and not just booze? Yeah I really didn't want to have this meeting. I just wasn't up for it. The ability to put on a good face died that night with Hana. I know she thought she was helping, but she just fucking ruined me even more and forced me back into hiding.

Hurry up already, but don't fucking speed. Save your vehicular suicide homicide combo for after you return with my nudes- uh I mean news, kay? Fucking women...

Back to top Go down

Haven Everett | Wolf; Warrior/Fighter

Posted on Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:11 am

I don't think I'd been more delighted to hear a familiar voice after being surrounding by nobody but possibly premonition victims. Sounds like a party to me. I rested my phone between my ear and shoulder, with one hand on the steering wheel and the other gripping the stick shift, I shifted gears as I drifted into his street. The shrieking from my tires echoed throughout the silent neighborhood, I'd be surprised if Onyx didn't catch that. What was that? Did you say something about speeding?  

You mean I haven't returned them already? I slowly eased my foot down on the brake as I pulled up alongside the curb in front of his house, switching off the headlights and the ignition. I opened the car door but reached behind the drivers seat to grab my leather jacket before stepping out. I pulled my jacket over my shoulders as I cut through his lawn and walked up the front porch to an already propped open door. 

I told you I'd make it back in one piece. I called out as I stepped foot inside the living room with my arms opened.  You better get that ass of yours over here and give me a hug. I didn't just spend two months and a whole lot of gas trekking the west coast for you to not get a hug.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:30 am

This fucking woman was mental. The kind that was almost too much for me to handle. Not that I wouldn't give it a try... One of these days you're gonna lose your license, and who the fuck do you think is gonna have to drive your ass around everywhere? Me. Fucking me. Fuck that, she could walk her ass to wherever she needed to go. It wasn't like we lived in damn metropolis. Everything was within walking distance if you weren't lazy as fuck.

I still had the damn phone to my ear when I heard her pull up, and for some fucking reason I didn't put it together that it was actually her in my driveway. When I heard her in the doorway and actually saw her standing there I pulled the phone from my ear and glared at it before glaring at her. It wasn't like I was hard up for minutes, but damn...

I tossed my phone to the coffee table and hopped over the back of the couch. And when I wrapped my arms around her I didn't only hug her, I squeezed the fucking life out of her and lifted her off the ground before planting her back down. So which is it? Jack or Jim? I shut the door behind her and moved to the kitchen to grab the only thing that was going to get us through this conversation and dimmed the lights. No, I wasn't trying to set a mood, I was trying to nurse a headache.

You shoulda brought burgers? Why the fuck wouldn't you bring burgers? I asked as I moved to the living room and sat down on the couch, already fucking cold from standing near the open door. So, I slipped on my beanie and patted the seat next to me. Sit. Speak. Fuck I didn't mean to smile, but that shit was funny. Rollover.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics