setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Payback - Page 2

[Private] Payback

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Payback

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:50 pm

I couldn't put my finger on what it was about this guy that felt so, familiar. Maybe it was his name. I couldn't exactly remember how many Lenny's I'd met, but I had to have met at least one before. The more I thought about it, the more it made sense. It wasn't him that felt familiar, it was his name. Damn this familiar feeling would be stuck on the tip of my tongue all day until I figured out where I'd heard the name before too. Fucking annoying.

Shit that sucks. What else could I say? Being out of work sucked balls. I was just bullshitting anyway, small talk, big talk, whatever the fuck it took to get through the day. I didn't have a problem with the guy, but I also didn't want to do this in silence all day either. No one said it had to be boring.

Uh- I frowned, watching him try to fit the roller into the can. He'd said he'd never done this before, but he failed to mention he was lacking a few brain cells too. Hey, I didn't want the guy to feel stupid, no one liked that bullshit and I had to work with him on this shit so there was no way I was going to actively try and make this fucking awkward. So, I looked off to the side, pretended I didn't see, and moved to my truck to pull out a second roller and two paint trays. And when I found my way back, I set both on the ground, one for him if he wanted it, and one for me.

I lifted up the can and dumped some of the paint into the tray and rolled my roller into the shit. Like I said, I didn't want him to feel stupid, but I was also hoping he'd see what I'd done, and do the same. Otherwise I'd have to flat out tell him how to do it, and if that was how this day was gonna be, then... It was gonna be a long day. Not that I was complaining, but there were better ways the day could be long...

How long have you known her? Mary-Ann I mean. I just assumed since you said you're helping her out you guys were friends or... More? Fuck, different strokes for different folks right? Maybe he was into older women... Some guys were into that whole mother figure shit. I never understood it, but I wasn't here to judge.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:06 pm

There was no way the roller was going to fit in the can - even if I could fit the ends in, I didn't know how I was meant to help paint the entire house like that. I tried to watch what Vin was doing, pretending to check my new phone as I did so so it didn't seem like I had no fucking idea what I was doing - because I really didn't and he looked like he did.

My eyebrows rose at the appearance of two plastic trays, and then rose further when Vin put paint into one and then pushed the roller through that. Shit. I ambled over to the other tray he'd put out and did likewise, nearly spilling paint on the lawn as I tried to carry out the task and still keep an eye on Vin in case I missed anything.

What did he mean, or more? I ignored it at first, copying Vin the way he used the roller on the side of the house and answering his questions I did understand. Uh? I've known her, I dunno, a few years or shit? I guess we're kind of friends... I remembered the weird hug she gave me, frowning. Mary-Ann definitely thought we were friends of some sort. She had helped me out over the years too. Calling her a friend just seemed so strange. I used to work for her but now I owe her money instead, so... Suddenly the meaning of or more hit me and I nearly dropped my roller. Wait, or more?! What the fuck, she's old! I blurted out, and then quickly checked over my shoulders just in case she happened to be around. I looked back to Vin, scandalized. Sure, I'd had the odd weird thought of Mary-Ann like that after certain comments or thoughts at work, but it was on par with imagining your grandma naked. Gross, awkward, and only useful if you had a boner you needed to get rid of fast.   Seriously, fuck. Would you? I asked back to make a point. Except then I realised just because I thought the idea of having sex with Mary-Ann was weird, didn't mean other people might do too. Ohhhh. I said, realizing something. I mean, if you were actually interested, I, uh, don't think she's seeing anyone at the moment if you are into that, I mean, uh, her, I... guess....? Fuck, that was beyond weird. Was I actually hooking someone up with Mary-Ann?

With my talking I'd gotten carried away using the roller, using up all the paint. I splatted it back in the tray to give it a good coat and then back onto the surface we were painting with enthusiasm. I was actually contemplating the job not being too bad until the force I slapped the roller back on the wall combined with the massive splodge of paint on it meant suddenly, paint had gone everywhere. Literally everywhere  - the shrubs around us, my sleeves, and... Vin's face. Shit. I stood and stared at him, roller still in hand, mouth open, and then turned back to the wall and decided to pretend it hadn't happened. Maybe he wouldn't even notice?

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:19 pm

Friends... What the fuck did they have in common? Maybe this guy was a closet... I don't know, doily collector. But really, all I had for comparison was myself. And I sure as fuck wouldn't have anything in common with an old woman. Unless she could cook, but then that conversation topic would dry up real damn fast and I'd end up using her for a good meal instead of actually wanting to be friends with her because I enjoyed her company. Fuck maybe that was cruel, but it was honest. That counted for something, right?

Oh... Makes sense... I lied, frowning as I did. But the frown disappeared and was replaced with laughter when he realized what I was implying. Hey man, different strokes for different folks. I don't know, maybe you dig more uh... Experienced women? - Fuck no I'm not interested, are you on crack? I like my shit tight and bouncy, not... Just... No. Maybe if I was older. But even then actually, no. My laughter faded and my lip curled up in disgust. Listen, the woman wasn't disgusting by any means, but the idea of her naked didn't exactly get my engine going...

Then I felt something splatter on my face and I paused for a minute, glaring at the wall in front of me before kneeling down to collect more paint on my roller. I slapped it against the wall sending paint in every direction, including on him... And on me. But payback was payback, and I was already covered in the shit, I didn't give a fuck. So. You from around here? I asked, hating the conversation already. But I didn't know what this guy was into, what the fuck were we supposed to talk about?

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:00 pm

I paused to send Vin an incredulous look. Fuck, there's experienced.. and then there's just old.  I pulled another face, feeling disgusted and yet at the same time insulted on Mary-Ann's behalf. Why the fuck are we even talking about this shit? I mean, just because you know someone, doesn't mean you've fucked them, right? I mean I know loads of people.. well, uh, I... a few people, that I know but haven't fucked. I dunno. She's just my boss. Ex-boss. Just... Since we'd started talking about it I couldn't get the image of Mary-Ann being very un-tight and un-bouncy out of my head, letting ym mouth mindlessly run as it invaded my thought space. Why Vin thought that had even happened... why had he? Hey, if you think I'm on crack or whatever for suggesting you liked her... you said it about me first. Now I felt vaguely affronted myself, but not sure why. Not particularly knowing what I was doing with the painting didn't help my frustration either. I had no idea which way we were going round the house so had just kept still, giving the one length of the house I was standing before a very thorough coat of paint.

I thought I'd gotten away with the accidental paint splatter and was actually beginning to get into the painting job when something suddenly hit my own face. I stopped rolling, wiped at my cheek with a finger and frowned when I saw it was paint, turning to glare at Vin. Then I noticed the great splodge of paint on my jacket and glared at that instead, thinking of how much it had cost me - or more, how much it had cost Helios considering I had no money, no job and next to no belongings, including clothes. It still belonged to me either way and had just been effectively ruined by a guy who thought I could do no better than old women.

I threw the paint roller down on the lawn with such force that it bounced before landing again. No I'm not fucking from around here. I bit out, struggling to pull my jacket off. I sounded like I'd want nothing less than to be from Index and while that might not have been untrue, my mind was still on my jacket and getting it off to check the damage. What the fuck?! With the jacket off I wiped at the paint splodge, frowning deeper when it only seemed to spread the mark. I glared up to Vin, the jacket still in my hands, blame in my eyes as I narrowed them at him. I only just fucking bought this! Does this shit even come out? I ranted, not caring if it had been accident or not, but still holding the jacket uselessly and accusingly in my hands as if I expected Vin to do something about it right then and there. But he was the fucking professional house painter, he should be able to not get the shit all over people's clothes while doing his job.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics