setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Payback

[Private] Payback

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Payback

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:55 am

Thread Details

Mary-Ann's House | Dry and vaguely sunny, but cold | 10am

OOC Message

- - - - - Start Flashback - - - - -

I sighed and balled up my scarf in my hands, hovering at the gate to Mary-Ann's house. Since I'd had my memories temporarily wiped, had stolen from Mary-Ann and then been fired by her, I hadn't seen her at all. The last time I'd seen her was drenched with disappointment and regret in my memory, but I couldn't go back. I couldn't even explain the reasons behind what I'd done to her. And yet I couldn't just leave it either. After everything she'd done for me, as much as I hated it I at least owed her an apology.

I walked up to her door but it still took me a few minutes to gather up the nerve to ring the doorbell. When I did, I debated running back down the path, my palms sweaty as I waited, glancing over my shoulder... Then the door opened.

Lenny. She stated, pausing with a quizzical expression, waiting for my explanation.

I only nodded at first, then sniffed, then shrugged. Hey. I managed, but avoiding eye contact. I shrugged again and took a deep breath. What I did was really shitty, stealing that money. I just wanted to.. to say.... I paused, practically wringing the scarf in my hands by now, I'm sorry. I shrugged again. My gaze flicked up to see Mary-Ann watching me, her arms folded and a frown on her face. Her silence only prompted me to attempt to fill it. I.. I can't even tell you why or explain anything and,  I know it probably doesn't mean shit, and .. I don't even have money or shit to pay you back but... I mean, if I get a job, I guess.. I need a job... I'll try...

She still didn't say anything and I bit at the inside of my mouth. I'll.. uh, I'll-

Mary-Ann suddenly waved her hands at me to stop and stepped forward and for a second, I thought the lady was going to smack me in the face. Instead she pulled me into a big, unexpected hug. She held me by the arms when she pulled back and I just stared at her, shocked into silence with a dumbfounded expression on my face at the unexpected reaction. You're back, huh honey? She looked into my eyes studiously and nodded her head to herself, all the while I just stared back stupidly, Well, we can't take back time hun and we can't take back what you. But you can sure make it up to me, and you're going to start by promising me, whatever trouble you got into, if it ever happens again, you tell me, okay? I nodded, still shocked. she raised an eyebrow at me and I cleared my throat, looking down at my feet. Uh.. yeah, yeah. I will. I, uh.. promise. I said, feeling guilty but hoping I'd never have to met that circumstance again to follow through.

Right, good. And as for that money, you might not have a job but you gotta pair of hands, and you can work. Not in the coffee shop - not yet, you gotta earn my trust again, Lenny, but I got a few things round the house you can lend a hand to, work at paying back that debt. How's that sound?

Yeah... I can do that... I said, voice small.

There's some things you can do in the meanwhile, but I've got a man coming round to see to some jobs on the house in a few weeks, I think he'll appreciate an extra man to help him....

- - - - - End Flashback - - - - -

This time when I walked up to the front gate I didn't delay, just pushed through it and trudged up the path. Who wanted to be up this early? No, fuck that - who wanted to be up and outside this early? I grumbled to myself as I walked up the steps to Mary-Ann's porch and rang the doorbell, shoving my hands into the pockets of my jeans. I'd grown used to the ritual after mowing her lawn, brushing up piles of leaves and worst of all, cleaning her oven.

The door swung open. Hey. Is, uh.. the guy here yet? I asked, ducking my head in embarrassment as I walked in. Mary-Ann might have 'forgiven' me but it didn't take back what I'd done, or the way she'd hugged me either. I took my steps at a careful distance around her just in case she felt generous again.

He's out back, go find him hun and I'll sort a pot of coffee out for you. Mary-Ann disappeared into the kitchen and I trudged on through the hallway, the cold air of outside blasting my face as I opened the back door, the house was so warm. But no, I'd be outside all fucking day.

I started out back, craning my neck to work out which side of the house the guy was until I quickly saw him. He was tall enough that he was easily noticeable amidst Mary-Ann's weird cute shrubs and plant pots that littered the back yard, and I made my way over to him. While I walked I pulled off my thick scarf, feeling awkward with it on.

...hey? I'm, uh, here to.. help. Fuck, this was the worst. It felt like a twisted detention at school.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Payback

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:34 pm

When the job with Foster fell through, I dealt with it. When you work in fucking construction, this time of year always gets slow. Summer is when people want their houses worked on. Most of these rich fucks in Seattle disappeared off to Hawaii or the Bahamas then hired some ugly schmuck to run the job. And yeah, it must be nice to go away on vacation and come back to a shiny new master bed and eight car garage. I wouldn't know what it was like, but fuck, it must be nice. But when the job with Newton fell through, I was getting paranoid. I'd been put on some fucking payment plan, I was in some fucking grace period with Peyton's house, and shit every part of me wanted to drop that bill and go back to worrying about stocking my own fucking fridge, but I couldn't let it go. I knew what I needed to do, honestly, and I fucking hated it, but we had two spare bedrooms, and we needed the cash.

Unfortunately, filling two bedrooms was easier said than done, and until then, I was desperate. I was doing anything I could get my hands on. Fuck some lady even paid me a single Ben Frank to replace the doors in her house, which honestly was a win considering when I was working steady, I did that shit for free. But it no where near steady enough to pay the bills. It was getting so bad, I'd taken to the newspaper, and damn I'd never fallen that low, but these were hard times, and if I didn't do something quick, I'd be forced into a McDonald's apron and asking people if they'd like to try the new ultra big mac. At that point I didn't even see the point in having pride.

I'd originally been hired for a paint job, and the woman that hired me seemed to have plenty of shit to do around her property. I wouldn't have taken the job if it wasn't for her place in the community, however. She was no one special, not in the sense of holding a high rank in any political office or anything like that, but she had contacts. And if I wanted to get my hands on that gold mine I needed to play nice, not that it was hard. You'd have to try to dislike this woman, she was just one of those people. Which yeah, that made working for so little a bit less taxing.

I had pulled my truck around back and immediately began unloading. I got up early and hit Lowes just as the doors were opening at six and picked up the paint cans. The rest of our materials I already had, which I was surprised considering that prick Steve had a damn habit of being a klepto. When he took my new Dewalt chopsaw, that really was the fucking final straw. But that wasn't the point, I'd already managed to get everything unloaded, but before I could get started she'd set up a ladder and passed me some blue gardening gloves. I knew what she wanted, and fuck, if I was honest, I didn't even like cleaning out my own gutters, but I nodded my head and got to work anyway.

I'd only just finished up when I heard voices, and then footsteps, and I climbed down the ladder. I was in the process of peeling the gloves off of my hands when I realized this guy was talking to me. I vaguely remembered her mentioning someone coming to help, but for some reason I didn't expect it to happen. But I hid the surprise on my face and gave him a nod regardless, hoping he knew what it meant to ''milk it'' because I was getting paid hourly, and his help would only make that number on the check even smaller. Vin, nice to meet you uh? I extended my hand for a shake and waited for him to introduce himself.

I'm ready to get this show on the road whenever you are. Shits all set up on the east so we can work without the sun in our eyes, then I figured we'd just go around and knock the rest of this shit out clockwise?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:48 am

I might have owed Mary-Ann but if she or this guy thought they were getting me up that ladder - fuck that. I wasn't scared of heights exactly but just the thought of it was - well, it wasn't happening. I gave the ladder a glare and fixed my eyes back on the guy I was going to be stuck spending the day with.

Uh? I followed, frowning as it took me a second to work it out, all the while looking at his offered hand with distaste.. Oh. Yeah, Lenny. I gave him a nod back but didn't offer my hand in return, instead shoving my hands in the pockets of my jacket. I stretched to around Vin to see what supplies he had, probably seeming over-eager to work when that was the exact opposite of the reality. Fucking handshakes.

When he started talking, I just nodded, my face blank. Show on the road? East? Clockwise? I had no idea what we were meant to be doing apart from it being outside, and no idea what he was talking about. Ohh, okay...yeah. I nodded again, hoping Vin would get on with the shit so I could just follow him and his lead.

Mary-Ann saved me any embarrassment by turning up with a tray. She waved at us from the side of the house before coming over. Here you boys go.. I figured you could do with a break before you start the painting, Vincent hon. She set the tray down on a nearby outside table. You're welcome to come in for a bit if you want or have a sit-down on the porch, but I'll be busy sorting out some accounts, okay? If you need anything though don't worry about disturbing me. I had enough experience with Mary-Ann speak to know it meant she didn't want to be disturbed unless it was really necessary, but was more distracted by the fact she'd put some of my favorite cookies on a plate on the tray to bother with whether I wanted to go inside or not. I swiped the biggest one before Vin could get to it and glanced back to him. Painting, we'd be painting. That didn't sound too difficult. I gestured to the house. I didn't really see much wrong with it that it needed painting.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:44 pm

His rude introduction didn't go unnoticed. Then again, maybe it wasn't rude, but my old man taught me otherwise. It'd become such a natural thing for me to do when working with new guys normally I didn't even realize when I was offering up my hand for a shake. That was until now, when for the first time, someone refused it. So, I just raised my brows and looked off to the side before tucking the gloves into my back pocket.

Thanks ma'am, but just the same, the sooner we get started, the sooner we can get outta your hair. I nodded and smiled as I picked up something from the tray but as soon as her back was turned I tossed it back, I was just being polite. Frankly, I was more a savory person by day, and sweets person by night. Neither do I, then again I never get why people paint the outside of their damn houses anyway. You spend more time inside than you do staring at the outside. So what's it matter? - But money is money. Work is work, I'll take what I can get.

I knelt down and pulled my multi tool from my pocket, and used the flat head to prop the top on the paint can. I've got rollers and brushes in the back of my truck, feel free to use whatever. I looked up at him, immediately realizing he didn't look dressed for the job. Then again maybe he was like me, and just didn't give a fuck if he got paint on his clothes. I just shrugged my shoulders and reached for the mixing stick and began stirring the paint around until it was ready. So, you do this sort of thing for a living?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:58 pm

As he tossed the cookie back I stared, my shocked expression soon morphing into one of disgust. I let my eyes follow the guy as he walked back towards the house. What a weird guy. Did he dislike cookies? I gave him a mistrustful glance and then looked back to the abandoned cookie. I shrugged. I figured even if he was a freak that didn't want a break or a cookie, at least it meant more cookies for me. I stuffed the one I was holding in my mouth and grabbed the one he'd thrown back down too, slowly walking after him.

Fuck, that's true. I said, surprised that I found myself agreeing with someone who treated sweet snacks like he just had. I took another bite out of my cookie. Maybe he didn't know Mary-Ann and thought she might make him pay for whatever snacks she provided? If that was true I'd never have gotten a paycheck when I'd worked for her.

Still, the day wasn't looking too bad. It was still too early but I had fuel, both liquid and sugary, and the painting couldn't be that difficult. That thought stopped when Vin made a comment about rollers or brushes and I looked blankly from him to his truck, and then back again. Uh, what? No, I work in a- uh, actually, I kinda don't have a job right now. I've never done this stuff though, I'm just kinda uh... helping Mary-Ann out. But how hard can it be, right? It's just painting, fucking kids do painting. It was going to be easy, maybe even easier than the other boring jobs Mary-Ann had had me doing to pay her back, considering this time I had help too. I gave a little chuckle and went over to his truck, looking between the brushes and rollers, wondering what the latter was even for, before grabbing one of each, and then putting the brush back. The brush felt familiar but the roller was bigger and I figured bigger meant getting the job done faster.

I walked back over to Vincent with the roller, making it move back and forth and inspecting the tool. It was weird but, whatever got the job done. I walked right over to one of the tins of paint, actually humming a little, and went to dip it right into the paint and get on with the job.

Except it wouldn't fit. Shit. I was beginning to realise I should have gone with the familiar option - the brush - but just stood there, trying to fit the roller in a few times while knowing it wouldn't fit, but not wanting to seem like I had no idea what I was doing. It was just painting a fucking house. It couldn't be that hard.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics