setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Time to Kill

[Private] Time to Kill

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Time to Kill

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:09 am

Thread Details

The Byrne House | Sunny/Clear | Evening [Evening sunlight still coming through the blinds]

No one had really asked where Peyton was, and in a way, I was grateful for that. Asking would just lead to me covering it up with more lies because I couldn't tell them the truth. I wouldn't tell them the truth. But that also made things more difficult. Two minds were better than one, but an entire pack of minds could work together to sniff out the problem a lot fucking faster. Unfortunately, I only had two minds to work on this specific problem. Mine, and hers.

A part of me always felt this need to avoid her too, because a lot of what made her, her, also just so happened to make me really fucking uncomfortable. But this time I knew would be better, I knew would be different, because I had asked her to meet me at my place instead of hers. A familiar place would make it a lot easier to deal with such an unfamiliar face. Plus, my place was as lot closer to the woods, which was probably where we'd end up if things went to plan.

I pulled out my guitar and plopped on the couch. My fingers ran up and down the neck and I sighed as I realized how beaten and worn down it was becoming. Hell, it looked banged up when my dad used it back in the day, but now? Now it just looked like it was on it's last leg. I guess anyone else would put it in it's case and save it for sentimental value, but I thought it gave it character. It gave it history. Plus, guitars weren't meant to be stored in an attic somewhere. They were meant to be played, and I'd play it until it couldn't be played anymore.

I pulled out the pack of strings from my back pocket and sat back down to begin working. Only a couple needed replaced, but I always preferred to replace them all at once, even if some were technically still performing right. It was easier to break them all in at once than it was to get used to a few tense rogues. Plus I had some time to kill before my company showed up.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Time to Kill

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:01 am

OOC Message

I checked my watch, running a hand over my tired skin without thinking and then quickly pulling out my compact, hoping I hadn't destroyed my makeup. I looked myself over and fixed a smudge. I looked tired, but adding any more concealer only seemed to amplify the effects. When you were running literally on coffee and energy drinks makeup could only go so far. Even with my wolf instincts, what I'd have done for a juicy, wet, green salad and a cold, refreshing glass of water... or a swim in a lake...

I had to cut off my ridiculous daydream and closed up the folder before me. I hadn't been sleeping, because honestly I felt guilty doing so when there was so many serious things that needed addressing. I'd been pulling all-nighters and all-dayers and sneaking back into the precinct when I was mean to be off shift to do all I could. Any time I had to go home, or was nearly physically forced to by my boss, I spent trying to dig up as much information about vampires, mages and wolves from Ghost or other obliging, usually older, wolves, as I could.

The time I needed to talk to Vincent had long passed, but every time I turned up at his house he wasn't there, and he'd been otherwise unreachable. I was beyond frustrated by the time he called me to set up a meeting. It was understandable though and I reminded myself to be patient. I figured he had to have been busy too, probably out collecting as much information as he could and likewise wearing himself to the bone to try and come up with solutions. It didn't help that with Peyton weirdly disappeared, the pack was even more unruly and there could potentially be even more work for Onyx to do. What worried me the most though, was if her disappearance was anything to do with Sam like the other missing wolves were.

So when I turned up at his house I didn't even bother ringing the doorbell, I just teleported straight into the living room. My first impression was that it was.. dark, and a little dreary. Also bare. But what hit me mostly, was that Onyx was on the couch, guitar in hand. Not a book, not a journal, not a pen and paper trying to piece things together, but a guitar. I blinked at it and pushed the selfish thoughts out of my mind. I [i]liked[/i[ my work, and while I hadn't had any down time.. Onyx probably had more on his plate than me. If he was taking a second to relax while waiting for me I could hardly blame him for it.

Hey! Sorry if I'm late, I've been so busy. And I've been wanting to talk to you for so long. But first, have you sent Peyton on a mission? I wanted to talk to her about something, but she hasn't been around and.. the other wolves are starting to talk about it. I asked without taking a breath, giving the couch a cursory look over before plopping myself down next to it. Oh, I'm sorry. I'm being so rude. How are you?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:18 am

Granted, maybe I was putting certain things off. But my day hadn't been spent completely in procrastination. But dealing with this shit was like trying to force down a fatty spoonful of your least favorite cold medicine, only this imaginary cold medicine was flavored with pinch of arsenic. So yeah, maybe I had been avoiding a few things, but it wasn't like I'd spent my entire past few weeks sitting on my ass.

The ring around my neck had been turned into my least favorite summoning device. And I'd discovered it's power completely by accident, go figure. All it took was a little music, and the perfect placement of the ring and I could summon that witch bitch like nobodies business. And today, I had. Frankly she had nothing important to say to me, but her willingness to look into shit was still progress, and at this point, any progress was good progress.

JESUS fucking Christ! I jumped, my hand on my chest and fear, then irritation in my eyes. Ever heard of a doorbell? I glared, but forced myself to get rid of the tension above my eyes because the last thing I wanted was for this to go... badly. Even if she was already going way faster than I expected, or at least, she jumped right into shit faster than I expected. Are you wired? I asked curiously, though that glare had returned, it wasn't quite as angry, and instead, more curious.

I was better before I nearly pissed my pants, honestly. But fine. You look like sh- Tread carefully, Byrne... a shiny... new... Fuck, thing of something pretty, think of something pretty... s-sssoda? Fuck... I mean do you want one, they're new, and they're in um... Shiny cans... Fucking fuck. Or... Maybe something else... Some weed maybe, to relax? I was teasing really, but if she said yes I'd be surprised, and frankly, I could provide.

So yeah, she scared the fuck out of me, and I did nearly piss my pants, but what she asked didn't go unnoticed, or unheard. I had a plan to ease into it, and now that she was the first one to bring up that particular situation, I wasn't sure I could fucking talk about it. But fuck, I was backed into a corner and I needed to say something, or I would need to... Eventually.

Back to top Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:49 am

I placed my heart over my chest, as surprised and shocked at Vincent's reaction as he was. I'm sorry... I thought since you expected me.. well. I didn't think. I'm sorry. I still felt out of breath, the familiar feeling teleporting always left me with. It often felt like I'd run a marathon after using my gift.

Wired? No.. no, well, on caffeine, I suppose that could be wired. I giggled unsurely, thinking perhaps all the coffee hadn't been the best idea, but neither was the alternative. I'm not even one for weed.. but don't tempt me with relaxation. I groaned, I feel as if I relax right now, I'll just go to sleep. I can't relax, because we have to sort all this mess out, so I can't relax. Even a soda, I think I drank too much caffeine already. But ohmygod, could I have a glass of water? With ice? I flopped against the back of the couch and let out a sigh, not even bothering to acknowledge Onyx's strange way of asking if I wanted soda.

While he was getting my drink I took some deep breaths, straightening myself up where I sat and slowly calming down. I just needed to find an even keel, a place between tired and wired that would allow me to help without seeming like I'd raided the police evidence locker for drugs.

Right. I'm sorry, can we start over? It's been a really stressful few days, but there'll be time for my questions later. What was it you wanted to talk to me about?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:15 pm

It's chill. I reassured her, but fuck I hated being scared. It was exactly why I didn't like jumpy horrors... Or Jack in the box. Not the restaurant, that place was fucking good, actually. Not a bad thing, just wish you could share some of the energy, honestly. I'm fucking beat. Wasn't I always fucking beat?

Yeah- Lemme just- I shoved my project off to the side. I was nearly done with it anyway, only a few minor tuning adjustments and she'd sing like a fucking angel. I got up and headed to the kitchen to get her water, and grabbed myself a soda because I was way too fucking lazy to brew a pot of coffee and I needed some sugar or caffeine in my system. For some reason, now that she was here, I felt more fucking out of it than usual. My body already knew how fucked this conversation was going to be.

When I returned to the living room I passed her, her water and popped the top on my coke, but I didn't take a drink, instead I placed it on the coffee table and sighed, wondering where the fuck to even begin. A few things, actually. My face fell into my hands and I rubbed my eyes. Fuck, I really did have a lot to talk about, but the first thing I planned to talk about was quickly moving to the back of the list.

As for your friend, I have nothing, and I'm kind of hoping you've made some progress and can contribute in that department because every time I've made a step forward with that whole mess I've been sent two steps back. And as for Peyton... I swallowed, staring at the soda can and wishing I would have dumped out it's contents and replaced it with booze. I have reason to believe she's um... My eyes flashed to hers for a brief second but landed back on the soda can before moving to my project, and I reached for my guitar. My eyes stared at the strings I'd just replaced, ...Basically at this point, I can't say with one hundred percent certainty another dead body... Hers in particular... Fuck I couldn't get it out. My eyes turned to hers again and I exhaled through my nose, rolling my eyes and letting them land on the ceiling. I didn't send her on a mission, she's missing. I figured since your job is what it is... You might- I don't know. I don't know. I shifted, moving the guitar I had only just placed in my lap to the side again and leaned forward, propping my elbows on my knees and with my fingers laced together in the center. In other news, I can't die. How's that for fucking irony? I quickly changed the subject, and finally looked at her, this time keeping my eyes on her.

I hope you have good news?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics