setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] Friend

[Closed] Friend

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Closed] Friend

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:47 pm

Part 1 of ###

The trees, so tall, if it had not been night I was sure it would be just as dark. The only luminescence clung to to the fog. Moonlight barely leaked in from various openings from above, where the higher branches were licked by the wind sending their crumbling leaves to the frosty forest floor. Winter was coming, and while I was certain that was a phrase that had become rather repetitious, I could not explain where I had heard it from or why it had gained so much popularity, seemingly out of nowhere. All I knew was it was simple, and in it's simplicity, there was clarity. It was getting colder.

Looming in dark and cold places was not a favorite past time. It was not an artistic adventure of expression, or even remotely close to a thing I actually enjoyed partaking in, however necessity seemed to trump most desires in my life. And the faint smell of sulfur seemed to gather in this particular location, and where there was sulfur, there was almost always something unpleasant close behind. Unfortunately my career meant I dealt primarily with the most undignified of unpleasant encounters. I suppose I had no one to blame but myself for choosing to spend my life on the darkest of paths.

I knelt down, my fingers gently grazing over the soil beneath me. Most of it had been loosened from the moisture in the air, which did make things more difficult in some cases, but in this case it made things quite obvious. While leaves continued to fall from above, it was still easy to see which ones had recently fallen, and which had fallen a day prior. And the few that sat in front of me were fresh, and beneath those sat a perfectly fresh boot imprint. It was not mine, and it was not old, as no water had settled into it's crevices.

''The woods around here aren't safe.'' The voice came from in front of me, and I looked up, slowly pulling myself upright and dusting off my hands. I'm inclined to agree. I replied, keeping my eyes on the man before me. It was unusual that one would give me such a warning. That was usually my job. And I usually said it with far more conviction than he had. His comfortable posture and calm tone spoke nothing of just how dangerous it really was, and that was his first tell. What did you have to fear, when you yourself were the monster in the basement?

The glow from his cigarette, while unnerving, also came with the smell of smoke, which I had to admit was probably the only thing in the world strong enough to mask that putrid smell coming from the soil. For the moment, I was grateful for it. ''So what are you doing here then?'' He was blunt, but to the point, two things I was most definitely not. Lost, actually. I don't suppose you know which way to the nearest road into town? I spoke slowly, cautiously, knowing very well both of us knew it was a lie. It was the wild west, and we were just waiting to see which of us would draw our weapon first. ''About two clicks south. I'd take you there myself but-'' - No, not a problem at all. I can find my way.

It seemed to be the end of the conversation, but neither one of us moved. I myself refused to turn my back on him, and his obvious comfort was growing increasingly unsettling. ''You're not lost, are you friend?'' He flicked his cigarette to the ground and stepped into a small patch of light. And you are not a friend. I stated the obvious, shoving my hands into my pockets, where there was a hidden opening for me to grab the handle of my blade. ''That depends... You work for them?'' - I do. - ''Then I guess that wouldn't make us friends, then would it?''

#LeoSolo

Back to top Go down

Re: [Closed] Friend

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:07 am

It'd been some time since I'd actually tracked anyone, and really I wouldn't say I'd been in hiding, but more, taking some me time. Frankly, no time was a good time for me to do that, so it didn't really matter when I chose to do it. It was necessary, but when there's no time for yourself, you kinda just have to say the word and go for it when you need it. And that's what I did. And damn, I really needed to contact Sthira, not only about the Supremacy bullshit, not only about the coven bullshit, not only about our pest in the woods, but also because another problem was now on our list, one that was just as important, and probably even a priority, but maybe I was biased. One of our warlords was missing. I couldn't remember the last time I actually needed a wolf for their human job, in fact, I normally avoided it, but this was something only a wolf and a detective could solve.

Truth was, I had a boat full of problems and even trying to mentally sort through them and figure out which ones to deal with first was draining, and that didn't even involve actually executing a solution. It was a fucking chore simply to figure out which ones were a priority, and which weren't, especially when they were all priorities. And god damn, the more I thought about it, the more ridiculous it became, but I even went out for coffee at the diner and wrote them out on a napkin. As stupid as that sounded, it actually helped, a little bit. I was certain I had a solution to one of our more minor issues, the local vampires. But that wasn't exactly a hurdle that needed jumped right now. So solving it was underwhelming in comparison to the bigger fish I needed to fry.

I originally ended up in the woods because I thought I'd caught a scent of a rogue wolf, and frankly, I didn't expect it to be the one connected to Sthira, I actually expected it to be Ollurian. But when I caught a more powerful scent, one that I could only describe as rotten eggs, I was thrown off track. This was how I ended up face to face with some fucking human. I could probably count on my fingers and toes all of the times I'd found a random human roaming these woods at night, but even still, it happened more often than I'd consider ''normal''. Regardless, it never ended well. And considering I knew for a fact the Supremacy had humans in their ranks, I didn't trust it. How many nocturnal humans had I met that didn't work for vampires. Not many.

It was probably a flaw of mine, but I'd already pegged him as one of them before our conversation even started. I wasn't a killer. I especially didn't kill humans. I fucking envied them. But no one said I needed to kill him. As cheesy as it sounded, teaching him a lesson was always an option. Or even better, I could use him to send a message back to his fucking leaders. That I was done. I wasn't going to bring their false fucking God into this world. I wasn't going to be their puppet host anymore. And yeah, it was probably going to get me fucked, but I'd been there done that with these fuckers. Living hell didn't exactly have meaning until I became what I was, and I wasn't blaming the wolf, but the point was, if I ended up chained up again because I refused to aid the enemy, then so be it. I was done giving a fuck.

I wouldn't do that. My eyes moved to his hands in his pockets. I don't know what you have in there but, it won't kill me. No, but it'd piss me the fuck off, and I'd come to realize rage was my trigger. It was the one thing, every time, without fail that would force me to turn. And lately... I wasn't feeling like myself in wolf form. ''If you can bleed, you can die. A bullet can still pierce, and a blade can still slash.''

I'm different. I moved closer, but slowly, and only an inch. You can assure your leaders I'm safe. I'm sure they'll be overjoyed to hear I'm invincible. Their precious fucking God was safe, and yeah, maybe I'd be stuck with her forever, but they'd never bring her back, I'd make sure of that.

''I like confidence.'' I laughed, was this fucking guy for real? It's not confidence man, and I don't know what they sent you here to do, but I'm willing to bet you're not supposed to go back without me. And I'm not going without a fight. Unfortunately for you, as I said, I can't die, but you, you definitely can. I've got all night. I could see it in his face, he was hearing me, but he was hearing confidence. That's not what this was. That's not what I was trying to tell him and frankly, I was a little confused. I felt everything had been put on the table, but something was off. I just didn't know... what.

''Everyone can die, even vampires. No one is immortal.'' - You're not hearing me. Tell them, word for word, are you listening? Because I'm about two seconds away from losing my temper and my patience, so I'm only going to say this one more time, and you can relay the message, or not, but you will definitely not be taking me with you, and if you try, one of us won't be walking out of this forest. - Now, listen carefully human, because this is the last time. I can not die. Two nights ago, maybe I was a little too drunk, maybe I was a little fucking sick of your kind parking outside of my house and following me around town, or maybe I was just a little bit done with this demon bitch inside of my head and your enemies taking things, people, taking people from me. I put a gun in my mouth, pulled the trigger, and- I gestured towards myself, Do I look dead to you?

There was confusion on his face, and silence. And then of course, more confusion, as I expected. I just reached behind my ear for my last cigarette and struck a match while he let it fucking sink in. ''That is... Impossible.'' - You got a gun hidden in that Neo trench? I'll give you the live action version right fucking now. Even more confusion, and frankly, I had nothing to fear, and quite literally nothing to lose, so I went ahead and sat down, leaning my back up against a tree. Something in the air had changed, and yeah, maybe Peyton was the mind reader, but I was fairly certain nothing was going to fucking happen. This human didn't even know anything about the ''God'' his employers were spending their fucking lives devoted to bringing back. I almost felt sorry for him. Almost. But not fucking really.

#VinSolo

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics