setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Fucking Irony - Page 2

[Private] Fucking Irony

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Fucking Irony

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:47 pm

Perhaps I should have been embarrassed - well, no, I take that back. I wasn’t drunk enough yet, so I was embarrassed about it, but I learned if I held my head up high enough I could let that humiliation slide off my back and on to someone else. Vincent seemed like he had tough bones, and he was the one who watching it and brought it up. It just seemed fitting to direct the humor to him.

It didn’t take me long to begin pouring my drink down my throat, because the fact that I’d had a taste of this man already hadn’t done anything to change the fact that anything flirty or suggestive he said had me grinning like a fucking schoolgirl. Hawke? I raised a brow but my mouth again hidden my my glass. I replaced it on the counter and wiped my lips with the back of my hand. Didn’t know you knew my last name. Didn’t really like it, but not because of the sound or anything. It just made me feel less like I was my own person. Even still.

His comment provoked my “oh no you didn’t” face, even though I knew he was joking, or at least I hoped he was. I narrowed my eyes and shook my head in disappointment although really I was excited at the chance for an excuse for physical contact. I gave a playful shove to his chest just next to his shoulder as I grinned. Not a hipster my ass. And you’re.. Uh.. you’re what? Fuck, nothing clever to add to that. He really was just… a guy, no typical stereotype for him to fit into. The brooding metalhead type? Which.. I found nothing wrong with, but at least I had something to come back with.

So, maybe I did want round two, the red riding hood cape still in the back of my car could answer to that, but I wasn’t really.. I just didn’t want to be a damn tryhard and I certainly didn’t want him to think there was anything more to it than that. Honestly, I liked hanging with him, and if the first time was any indication, I liked fucking him. Any step further into an actual relationship would be a 100 percent guarantee that neither would be nearly as fun.

Yeah, I’ve seen underworld, but none of the rest. Including Twilight. Not completely lying there - I’d been to Maggie’s when she watched it, and yeah, I watched bits and pieces over her shoulder, but the last scene I could stomach was that Bella bitch just being super emo over one fucking dude. Why? I mean real people move the fuck on. I mean, I hadn’t been there, but I couldn’t see not just taking one day to drink and cry it out then you found the next hot thing? Right?

There was a quiet part of the song, or a break between songs, and I wasn’t really paying attention, but in that gap I heard the clanging of pool balls. Do you play? I said, turning my head so that it was apparent I was looking at one of the unoccupied tables.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:28 pm

She'd already done it, she'd already magically switched off the bullshit and made everything go away. And frankly, I knew this chick was trouble simply because of that magic power of hers. And I couldn't tell if she knew she had it or not, but she definitely did have it. Fuck maybe it was something to be proud of. But the way I saw it, nothing good came without something equally bad. So while it was an impressive talent, and actually, quite fucking enjoyable, I knew it was trouble. Unfortunately, that was my magnet.

I grinned, in no way willing to delve deeper into details, so I just shrugged my shoulders and gave her a little something to think about. I know more about you than you think. Frankly most of that was... Fucking complicated, and only known because of my close quarters with... Someone that had been involved in that fuckery. Even then the details were foggy. The weirdest part was remembering that I'd met her before she was, well, Michelle. Fuck I couldn't think about it, shit was too weird.

Brooding metalhead? Ouch, that one stings. I tried to pretend I was genuinely offended, but I didn't really give a fuck. Really that all depends, you into the brooding metalhead types? I grinned, but hid it in my glass again when I realized her connection to a certain vampire. Fuck I didn't wanna be put into his fucking category. That actually did sting.

I'd say I'm surprised, but I'm not. You don't seem the twilight type. More um... Dawn of the dead? Shaun of the dead? Twenty-Eight days later? That seems more up your alley. Which I was only naming because I'd actually been up her alley. In my experience, it didn't exactly hurt to coax her mind in the right direction, or more, in my direction. I was leaving a trail of crumbs, leading straight back to that night, and as much as I tried to forget and play it cool like it was just another night for me, some details stood out. They were hard to ignore, or more, forget.

My head turned in the same direction, and I just smiled as I got up from my seat and nodded my head in the direction of the pool tables, all of which were occupied. I neared the one on the right, my eyes scanning over the sticks as I snapped my fingers and pointed my thumb behind me, ending the game for the guys playing it. I probably could have waited, and I wouldn't say there was a need to impress her with power, but considering it was painfully obvious that's what got her panties dropping, it didn't hurt.

Question is... I picked out the perfect one for her and gently passed it into her hands. Do you play? Because I don't go easy on first timers.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:39 pm

So why the fuck did that excite me? Why did something that should have made him seem like the creepy stalker guy give me the good kind of tingle? But also, what the fuck did he know? My head cocked to the side like a confused dog, my eyes narrowed but I grinned. I don’t suppose you care to elaborate, huh? I’ll get it out of you one of these days. Wait.. shit.. just what all had Gio told him about me? He’d made it kind of clear, and I understood now why - he didn’t really want me bringing up Gio. At first I didn’t believe he had any interest in me, but… did this shit have anything to do with Gio? Did I want to ask? How fucked was it that now I was the one who didn’t want to bring up other dudes. I didn’t want any mention of anyone or anything that might get in the way of… me getting that experience again.

Hrm, that’s a good question. I think…  I think I like a really strong dude, yanno, with a lot of tattoos. I smirked, and continued. Someone who’s not afraid to… I paused, looked around innocently, hurt a little. Before I’d started drinking I’d wanted to try to keep from sounding too interested, but he didn’t seem to care, so neither did I.

I actually love Bruce- but I stopped once I realized what he was doing. God, wasn’t he a sneaky little asshole? How fucking weird was it, that a fucking zombie show lead us to sex? I mean; not really. Thinking back we were probably headed there before that, but… now we were the only two people in the world who could actually use zombie talk to say, “I’m remembering fucking you and I liked it.” So that’s great, now you think I have a zombie fetish. You know, you still have something to prove. I wasn’t going to explain that challenge, I’d see if he remembered on his own.

I scooted from the chair and followed, and initially I felt kind of bad when he made everyone leave the table. I almost stopped him, told him it was alright, I could wait, but fuck, no. No, once I let it sink in, I decided it made me feel kind of bad ass. I held my head up and took the stick. Yeah, I didn’t know shit about this game, but I’d watched enough TV to know I could lose this game and still win something else. I didn’t care how cliche it was, I was totally going to play my cards here. I took the pool stick, held it like a staff but my arm slid slowly down. I looked at it then to him. When have I ever wanted you to go easy on me, Vincent?

Still had no idea what to do, but I found the triangle thing hanging on the wall and placed it on the table and began gathering balls.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:43 am

Fuck no, and give up that mystery thing I have goin' for me? Hell nah. And quite possibly put a downer on what was usually a really fucking good time. Double hell nah. Though I wasn't sure if it'd be a downer or not. But how could it not be? It was complicated, and complicated was never fucking good, right?

I smirked, cocking my head to the side as I took in a deep breath and pushed up my sleeves to bare my tattoos, flexing as I pretended to rub away a phantom itch on the tip of my nose. By the time I reached for my drink, my posture had returned to what it was before, and I shrugged my shoulders. 'Don't know anyone like that, unfortunately. I spoke into my glass, grinning before taking a drink.

My mind instantly went back to that night and while I had a pretty good idea what she liked, I didn't have a word to describe it now. Does it make me a masochist if I like that you're a masochist? It was a good question, though that wasn't what made me one anyway. Other things factored into that... whole mess.

You mean... We don't share in that fetish? And here I thought we had that in common. If I didn't have one before, I definitely did now. And it had nothing to do with anything ''zombie'' exactly. It existed strictly by association. And fuck, this wasn't to say she was the fuck of all fucks, because I'd had some good sex in my time, and some bad... But just as every accompanied night had it's own unique perks, something I remembered or that stood out, the difference with her was I couldn't quite put my finger on what made it so damn hot, I just knew that it was. Fuck, maybe mystery was a thing...

It took a moment, but I realized what she was talking about. Or at least I thought I did. Name the time and place. Fuck I'd prove it to her right here and now on this bar if she wanted me to. I could have these assholes out in a minute flat and... Fuck my mind was drifting.

Once I picked out my own stick, I turned my head over my shoulder to look at her before completely turning around. And yeah, my eyes were on what her body was saying, not her mouth in that particular moment. I took in a deep breath, sucking in the air between my teeth before exhaling and attempting eye contact. I needed to at least pretend I was focused. Have I earned that yet? I mean, the step up from Joe. I thought I had something to prove first? At this point it had been made completely fucking obvious that the game wasn't pool, hell no. The game we were playing started long before we even reached the pool tables, and quite frankly, winning this particular game would be far more fucking enjoyable than knocking a few balls into a few holes.

What's that saying? I'm only hard on you because you can take it? Fuck I didn't mean to drop so many innuendos with that one. Really, this time I didn't.

Aye, aye! Careful with the way you're handling my balls. I teased, unable to stop fucking smiling and I couldn't even begin to explain why. But you could uh, handle the stick, yanno do that thing again... If you want... I looked at her, almost expecting her to do it again for me. Okay, no more jokes, you want stripes or solids?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:25 pm

Why the hell was cocky so… unf? I mean not completely, but Vincent knew when to use confidence and when not to. Myself, I was usually full of self-depreciating jokes, but I couldn’t seem to even attempt those around him. (I knew the thin line between a joke and compliment fishing, too, and I tried to avoid that line like the plague.) All I could do was enjoy the show and shake my head. The tattoos, the confidence, every little thing was reminding me of the night I got the wild hair up my ass to visit him. Maybe this wild hair would lead to the same kind of fun.

I think technically, that makes you a sadist. But from what I hear sadists and masochists can have a lot of fun. Would I ever be able to have a conversation with this guy without thinking about that? It was satisfying on a different level, and.. I mean I’m not trying to say his dick is coated with angeldust or anything. I meant that he scratched an itch that took something different to scratch. A desire for pain, a desire to be near death when I knew death wasn’t practical.

I think you know my fetish. I think that’s- Why I’m here, but that wasn’t what I wanted to say. why I keep you on my good side.

But the great thing, was that whether I needed it or not, I was reassured. Instead of backing away when I thought I was coming on too strong, he stepped two steps closer. Fucking fearless, almost a predatory nature and it was killing me. (In a good way, of course.) His dare caused me to blush, and even look down to my drink, before downing half of it. But, as if that single drink was the courage I needed, when I lifted my head again I met his gaze and narrowed my eyes. The slightest toothless grin, and as much as I was probably still blushing, and still wanted to look away since the thought was running through my mind, I didn’t. Perhaps I hoped he’d show me right then and there.

I mean, I can call you Joe all you want but I’m not pretending to be your sister. Admittedly, I wanted a little bit of that back, just to reassure myself. I meant the humor, because fuck I didn’t mind being a booty call but I kinda didn’t want to wreck the fact that we’d been able to just bullshit, too. Besides, there were too many people here for me to be so tempted already.

I don’t know, you tell me. How well do you think I took it? I mean, if your memory’s foggy I can always give you a refresher. Goddammit, that was not what I needed, I mean… okay going back to the whole talk on fine lines, when you wanted something as bad as I wanted this already - the fine line between need and want was barely there. But I had something to prove to myself, right?

But at this point the drink was hitting, and maybe it was that coupled with a hint of anxiety that had me laughing a little too hard. Don’t tell me I’m the only one who can handle it a little rough, I complained as I added a second ball in my hand and held them up eyeing them. I simply shook my head at his request, knowing I didn’t particularly want those guys to have given up their table in vain. But once I started attempting to get serious, I realized I didn’t remember as much about pool as I should. I uh.. I’ll go with solids. I placed the triangle in the middle of the table. So.. 8 ball in the middle, right? I started packing the balls (fuck I don’t think I’d ever hang out with Vincent and my mind ever not be in the gutter) and made sure the 8 ball was as in the middle as it could be. The rest, well, as I did it my memory seemed to eventually fade in. I think they just had to be alternating stripes and solids.

I lifted the triangle and hung it back. I took the cue ball and placed it on the other end, and stick in hand, I eyed it. Fuck, so, I know I had like zero experience with this game, but I did at least want to have some confidence. But I attempted like.. three times to hold the stick and aim it, but it was pretty clear I had no clue what I was doing, and finally I just laughed, like way too much.

Oh, god, I don’t know how to hold the stick. And before you even say it, that’s so what she said.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics