setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Fucking Irony

[Private] Fucking Irony

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Fucking Irony

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:45 pm

Thread Details

Crispy Meng | After dark because why not.

This song is ending. - And this song is beginning

''You play a big part in the coming of a new world.''

I was caught in a time warp. Was this groundhog day? It felt like it, despite my not being in this situation in quite some time. The stool I'd found my ass in at the end of the bar was free, as it always was, but just sitting in it and seeing the ashtray at three o'clock, and my glass on a coaster at four, while I sat comfortably at six... It was dejavu, and not because of my surroundings, but because of my mind. negative thoughts always accompanied this setup, and this wasn't an exception.

Something wasn't right, but like a damn fool I didn't investigate more than the bottom of my glass. Like many before me, I secretly hoped the answers would be written at the bottom, and like many before me, I'd realize they weren't. Shame was a powerful damn thing, and it was the only thing keeping me from doing the only right thing at a time like this. But I couldn't go to that house. I couldn't go to her house knowing her belongings would be painted in the memory of what was. Just the idea of it stunk of weakness and embarrassment, so strong that my body was working faster than my brain, already reaching for my glass to take my mind off of the thoughts that were already turning my cheeks a bright shade of red.

Vampires, witches, wolves. Three points on a triangle, never meeting, but always connected. It was starting to feel like an endless war, pointless, but necessary, two things that the more I thought about it, the less they made sense. How much do you need to lose before- Fuck, I finally understood it, I finally understood why these wolves didn't take this shit seriously. I was finally starting to hit that point, where none of it mattered anymore. Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage. I looked at my glass and laughed. Fucking irony.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Fucking Irony

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:02 pm

OOC Message
Clooottthhhesss

Shane. Fucking hell, I thought Rick had been some nuisance, but I’d had no fucking idea who I was dealing with - and even then I had no fucking idea who he had been dealing with. Shane had told me he had an interest in me, and that I was special. Well, okay, not in those words. He was way more charismatic than me. But yeah, he gave me some speech about how I was really important, and had a capabilities people around me did not. So yeah, it made me feel kinda cool, and shit it made me feel like I had some sense of purpose when I hadn’t before. Even if it was an obviously dangerous motherfucker who had made me feel that way.

What the fuck was it? I mean he let me go, unharmed. He’d healed my broken wrists before I left, and simply politely asked me not to leave town. That he would soon ask a favor, and told me I’d be greatly rewarded if I’d “oblige” him. I didn’t know what to think, and for fucks’ sake, I didn’t know who to ask without sounding like a nut-case. Combined with the request from Leon, I felt like my life had basically exploded. Feast or famine right? Nothing at all going on, then all the sudden, bam! I couldn’t keep track of the shit that was going on. That’s without even mentioning Maggie’s death and the fact that Gabe’s “MIA-ness” was actually… something wrong.

So what did normal people do when they had too much to handle? They got fucking drunk, of course. They washed at least some of it away so that their minds didn’t completely explode. But I didn’t want to be by myself, even if I wasn’t going to talk about it, even if I didn’t want to talk about it, I didn’t only want something to numb me, I wanted a distraction. I guess that’s why I found myself at One Shot.

I parked the Scion and locked the doors, even though any asshole who broke in would only find wadded up McDonald’s wrappers and Taco Bell receipts. It was already starting to get cold, and I swore to myself because I knew this was just the beginning. I shoved my hands in my pockets and trodded faster into the building. Of course, I looked around for the one face I figured I’d know there, and while I didn’t see his face, I knew it was him near the end of the bar.

I stepped over to him, and fuck, I wasn’t even inspired to do anything cute. I just leaned on the bar and faced him.

Is there some place I can put my shit here?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:22 pm

Outfit minus the glasses bro.

I slid the ring around my neck from left to right, mindlessly, for so long I didn't know how long the guy a few seats down had been watching. Not suspicious at all... And even less suspicious was the way I stared him straight in his eyes and nervously hid the ring behind my shirt. The cherry on top was the way I instantly reached for my glass to hide my face behind it.

I listened in as Ozra went on and on about Hasselbeck's career with the Seahawks, not really hearing what he was saying, but hearing enough to know I had no fucking idea what he was talking about. I was more of a baseball kid, and the closest thing I was to a football fan was the fact that I was a fan of junk food, getting drunk, and cheering loudly when everyone else did because I never pay attention to the game.

My eyes moved to the door when I heard it open, and ironically a blonde, brunette, and redhead slipped in through the doors like they owned the place. They slithered their way to the bar, and my hand held my glass above my mouth while my eyes found it hard to move from their chests. They were hot, but didn't provoke a reaction, no, my reaction was saved for something else. Something just as hot, but not in a try hard obvious way. Something dressed in torn denim, that alone causing me to smirk as I remembered a certain way she'd lost her clothing on a very insignificant yet memorable night. But the most important thing here was my reaction, one that followed shortly after the smirk. I nearly dropped my glass in my lap but managed to let it hit the counter, and it rattled around in circles as my jaw dropped.

Your... I ignored her question and cleared my throat, reaching up to slide my beanie off of my head so I could scratch before putting it back on. Hair... Have we met hot, mysterious, raven haired, sorceress? I don't think we have.

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:34 pm

I took my jacket off, unable to wipe away the stupid grin and almost confused eyes as he spoke. I hung the jacket on the chair beside him, and thought about doing the same with my bag but thought otherwise. Fuck I hated being a girl sometimes. Oh, well, I guess I’m one of the stars in your favorite video. Thanks for eventually giving my phone back, by the way. Once the bartender had noticed me, I held my bag. Hey, man, you think you could stash this somewhere? And some Jack and coke. Damn, sorry dude I sound kinda bossy.

He looked for a sec to Vin, and I couldn’t really read the look but he looked back to me and took the bag and I took a seat. Yeah, I liked the black wig so.. I had to do it like the very next day. Sorceress? Damn, that sounded kind of cool though. I kind of loved the idea of seeming mysterious, dark… instead of just some weird loser who did nothing but eat pizza rolls and get drunk. Which brought my mind back to Shane. Whatever the fuck that was. My luck, it was probably just a bad acid trip for both of us. I bet Rick wasn’t even dead - he’d probably text me tomorrow asking me to come to Poison.

I gotta admit, the music here is so much better than the hipster shit they’re always playing at Bennigan’s. But wasn’t this song like.. in some vampire movie? I guess there weren’t many actual serious werewolf movies to pick from, though. I mean, shit most werewolf movies either came with vampires or were some silly teen comedy shit. God, you guys get kinda screwed in the movie scene, huh?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:35 am

My cheeks turned red and I hid my face, or more, my smile in my shoulder. I wasn't fucking embarrassed, I just... Wasn't drunk enough to completely not care about the fact that she knew I watched the video. And it wasn't even the video, any sane man would watch that shit in a heartbeat, it was more the fact that she knew I went through her phone and yeah it was kind of a creeper move. Obviously she didn't give a fuck, but damn I still felt a little ashamed about that. I'd broken it off with chicks for far less. Not that we were uh... dating... Fuck how did shit get so awkward when I hadn't even said anything?

My eyes met Ozra after she spoke and my jaw just dropped with a big grin, I laughed, letting my eyes move from her to him as he hesitated before reaching for her shit. Fuck I like you bossy. You can boss me around anytime. A new tude with a new do, I was diggin' it. It works, I mean... Not sayin' I've kinda always had a thing for women with dark hair but... Yanno, I've kinda always had a thing for women with dark hair. Jokes aside, it really does suit you, good call Hawke. I flashed a smile before taking a drink.

Wait... You mean... You're not a hipster? I teased, acting sincerely shocked that I had apparently ''read her wrong''. Which was probably the insult of a lifetime, no, not probably, it was. If someone called me a hipster they'd get a fucking swirly. You would know that wouldn't you? And yeah, is it so shocking wolves can dig irony? I really had no idea if it was in some vampire movie, I was just goin' with it. Nah I mean, there's uh... Underworld? I mean it's got fangers and shit but the wolves are gnarly as fuck. And uh... American werewolf in paris, that ones a classic. Van Helsing? Though nowadays people just mention fucking twilight which is a major boner killer.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics