setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Lighting the Signal Fires

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alexandros Tychon |

Posted on Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:28 am

Nicholas Renard
We need to meet. Cat3 hotspot. Something is here. [9780855001810] 02/11/2015 2300 UTC 47°49'22.732"N 121°33'11.195"W A249m

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Lighting the Signal Fires

Nicholas Renard |

Posted on Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:36 pm

I can hear the distinct sound of banging pots and pans in the kitchen. This is, as always, followed by a stream of lurid curses in at least three different languages coming from far too innocent a mouth to be muttering such profanity. I sigh and shake my head to myself, but can't help but smile too. So determined, she is.

I begin to make my way down from my study to see if I can't help subtly without her notice while distracting her with conversation before I have to have the kitchen remodeled...again. Suddenly my pocket comes alive with the dulcet tones of one of the hundreds of JPop girl bands making the rounds this year. I check my messages, wondering when the little scamp managed to change my notification tone without my knowing. Alexandros? I haven't heard from him in a while. What kind of mess has he found himself in this time? Poor bastard; I hope he's begun to find some closure. Heh, like I'm one to talk. I grimace. She's gonna kill me, but I can't let something like that sit.

Alexandros Tychon

That's...surprising. I agree to your meeting. ᛉ

Glancing at the clock I realize I only have 5 hours until the agreed upon meeting. There is much to do...not the least of which is explaining to Misaki I'll be missing dinner without one or both of us ending up in tears. Whether her from a broken heart or me from an aching manhood, that's seems to be the only way this kind of thing ever ends. You’d think for such a pint sized girl, she wouldn't pack much of a wallop, but she sure puts those bony knees and elbows to effective use when she so desires. It doesn’t help I’ve always had a bit of a blindspot when it comes to her..I never see it coming. Poor thing never has had much of a talent for cooking, but she's worked so hard preparing for tonight; I’d deserve whatever I get, I suppose.. I swear I'll make this up to you.

As I continue making my way downstairs to break the news to my little sister I continue going over my hurried to-do list. Most is standard procedure for this kind of thing but it is awfully short notice. Contingency recall spell/rune pair anchored to my study. Research destination...no sense flying blind after all. Maybe have Misaki help me pack? Even if I could easily be back here tonight, better safe than sorry and no need to be conspicuous to the locals. Besides, she loves picking out my clothes for me...maybe it will help soften the blow and she might even forgive me before I leave.

My thoughts are interrupted by even more disturbing sounds coming from the kitchen...and a rather pungent smell. As I finally make my way through into the kitchen I stifle a curse and give my best sympathetic smile as I take note of it's state and Misaki immediately turns to me with huge puppy dogs eyes welling with tears. I open my arms and she immediately runs to me, the dam breaking as she wails into my chest, Onii-sama!!.

There, there ma petite fleur., I reply softly, hugging her. Heh, maybe it's a good thing I'm missing dinner tonight after all. Except now I have to add comforting little sister and calling the contractor to the list of things to get done in the next few hours. I can tell already it's going to be a long day.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics