setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Dope Whisperer - Page 3

[Private] Dope Whisperer

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben

Re: [Private] Dope Whisperer

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:46 pm

She very well could make this easy. By leaving and getting a real job and earning money the way the rest of us did. Okay, so I couldn’t say much to that. Myself, yeah, I worked hard to get where I was and maybe now that I had a few tricks up my sleeve to make the job easier I used them. I knew my maker, however, did nothing but tricks. I couldn’t shake the feeling that I’d hate her if it was possible. But the more I tried to, the more I needed her. The more I wanted her approval.

I already hated this woman, for the simple fact that she exposed my desire to lead a normal life as a weakness. The fact that I let myself have humans that I had a need to keep an appearance up for was the only reason she wasn’t dead yet. I didn’t believe any of her threats, and I felt like she only made them simply to piss me off because she knew I couldn’t do anything about them. I did accept that one day I would be less like me, and more like Noelle - with no strings left tying me to my old life. I hoped that this bitch would be around on that day so I could tear her apart limb by limb. (And I was sure with my knowledge I’d know a way to keep her alive while I did it.)

You act as if I’ve dropped some highly guarded secret. I don’t think she’s trying to hide much about herself. As a matter of fact, I’d never seen her without her fangs, no matter how many people were around. I’d never seen her make sure no one was looking. And she had even told me that she never apologized for what she was and one day I wouldn’t need to either. Yeah, she’s ancient, you’re a cunt, the sky is blue, any more revelations for you tonight?

I listened to her rant, and damn - she certainly wasn’t the kind of person I wanted to make deals with. I didn’t like to need to make deals. But my mind went to one place, and then to another. I didn’t give a shit if I was ruining her customer base - I figured that was her complaint with me to begin with. But her knowledge of what I was, what Gayle was, etc connected a few dots in my mind.

I tilted my head back, rolling my eyes a little, thumbs only shoved in the pockets of my scrubs. Fine. There might be something you can help me with. It was partly what I’d hoped Laurel would do for me. And now that I had someone else who might do the job instead, I could technically cure Laurel. But that would involve first her talking to me. Of course, I still didn’t trust this cock sucking drug dealer, not yet anyway, but there wasn’t really much harm in seeing where it went. I didn’t like that my request would give her information on me. But I did also have an ancient on my side.

As much as you know, I’m sure you either know of or are even a part of this.. army? I didn’t even like saying the full name because it really was hilarious. If their god was so powerful, and didn’t want us around, then surely he’d have the capability to deal with it himself? But that was for another discussion. I had to get myself back on track, and figure out exactly what I wanted to ask of her. I want them off my back, and.. there’s one member in particular I’d like to speak with.

Back to top Go down

Erika Richards | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:16 pm

An ancient had to have connections, power, and most importantly? Money. My fingers were practically itching as I imagined the cash one could've stacked up. I only smiled and narrowed my eyes at the good old doctor though. Interesting. Be a good boy and drop my name to her in case she needs anything, hm? I snapped open my purse and pulled out a stick of gum, popping it into my mouth. I threw the piece of trash wrapper onto the counter between us. What did he think his little names would get him? My panties all in a twisted bunch? I didn't give a shit, I'd heard it all before. She's an ancient, I'm a cunt, the sky's blue... yep, all accounted for. No, wait... huh. You're an asshole too, not that that's much of a revelation from where I'm standing. Need to work on your bedside manner, doc? I quipped sarcastically back at him, rolling my eyes. Got any more gems where that came from? Maybe you should quit medicine and go into standup.

Bingo. My eyes narrowed again as he proved what I knew - everyone wanted something. Oh, I definitely know of the group you're referring to. Used to be laughable, now what's laughable is they're bringing in the big guns and you guys aren't suspecting a thing. Hm. Army of God. Those the guys you talking about? I put a finger to my chin, pouting as I mock-thought. Were they actually bringing in the big guns? I had no idea what they were doing at that moment in time, being 'suspended', but I figured I counted as a big gun. I had one, anyway. Poor Neo needed to be taken out more. I missed blowing holes in people with him since not being on bigger missions. He wasn't the kind of gun you could hide down your pants and whip out in the streets. Hmm.. I could get you out of their picture easily enough, at a price, obviously. How about... instead of persuading any desperate addicts to quit, you send them round to me instead? Way I see it, we're both getting a win out of that one. You're getting the lowlifes out of your ER, I get to pad my pockets with a little extra cash. I picked at my nails, looking the guy up and down, trying to suss him out.

One particular member he had to speak with? I was stalling because I didn't know, and I wanted to know to be able to throw it in the smug doctor's face. The twisted priest? Maybe his sexual deviancy had bought him to the hospital.. or Father Williams. Some dirt on him would be perfect, the answer to my wildest dreams, but I had no idea of who it could actually be. There were loads of minions at the church. Hey, for all I knew this could be the fanger who'd sucked Ren's memories away and wanted a second appearance on that show. That would've been hilarious. So, who's the lucky contestant, Dr Reese?? I asked, and damn, why was that name familiar? Maybe there'd been a record on this vamp by one of the other hunters. Apparently reading all the information on the hunters in Index had been a bad idea, because the ones that meant nothing to me at the time had just blurred together. Either way, the way it was panning out, Dr Reese was going to owe me a favour and I also could have found an easy way back at that asshole Father Williams. I let my grin stretch across my face just at the thought.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:46 pm

If she wanted something from you she would take it, I stated, although I still hadn’t quite figured out what she wanted from me. And why was I so protective over what this woman or anyone for that matter thought of Gayle? And I certainly didn’t care what she thought of me.

Yes, I am an asshole. I keep hoping that it will keep people from talking to me but… what do you know? They just don’t seem to get the hint. I kept my eyes on her, hoping to drive the point home. But I knew her type. She’d get the hint and not give a fuck. To be honest, she might have been a little like me, even if the thought made me shudder. Fucking persistent. Had I not been so bent on “winning” this stupid encounter between the two of us, I would have sent her packing the moment I made eye contact. Hindsight was always 20/20.

I find it difficult to be worried about some Bible-thumping version of Corey Feldman with a few wooden stakes. My ancient friend seems to think I’m a target. Her offer was easy enough, even though I hated the idea of having any sort of “deal” with this wench. That could be easily fixed in time. And it didn’t matter, all that much, did it? How would she know for sure I was or wasn’t holding up my end? I might, if I felt like it. I didn’t entirely feel like I needed her protection. Information? Yes. Fine.

”Dr. Reese, there’s a patient that’s been waiting-” Shit, this woman had been here too long, and it was becoming an inconvenience. I caught the nurse’s eyes. You will have Chad take that patient. If he has a problem with it send him to me. Leave, and don’t come to me again tonight. She left, and I returned my attention back to my current road block. He’s an older man. Ex military. Air force. I kept myself from saying the name. The connecting name. His name is Sigurd. I don’t have a full name, but I know that’s enough to go on.

Back to top Go down

Erika Richards | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:13 pm

I rolled my eyes, beginning to wonder if dealing with the bratty baby was worth it to possibly get connections to an ancient... shit, who was I kidding? Of course it was. Sure she could, I bet she's really powerful, she has to be. 'Doesn't mean she's all powerful though, there's still certain limitations you guys have that I don't - you don't have to be an ancient or a genius to work that one out. I said, my lips curling into a smirk. Honestly, vampires might have been powerful but that power meant absolutely nothing if it was while the sun was up.

I opened my small clutch to check the time on my phone - I still needed to make the meeting with my supplier, especially as the guy was antsy as hell if he didn't get his fix. I've got the hint, honey, I'll leave when you get the hint that I always get what I want, and I want my customers back. I looked right back at him, my gaze meeting his. Let him try something with what I was about to reveal on his fantasizing ass. Your choice if you don't give a shit if you're a target. But one word of advice because.... maybe I'm actually feeling nice for a change. Maybe I just want to burst your funny little bubble. You might be better off shutting up that mouth of yours and thinking for a bit instead of spewing shit. Sure, you know an ancient vampire. Cool fucking story. But haven't you ever stopped to wonder why it's so rare to know an ancient vampire, huh? Why so few of you guys, if you're so fucking powerful and that organisation's so weak, make it to that age? Wouldn't the best play on your enemy be making them wrongly think you're not even on their radar? Hmm? As I spoke I leaned in, my words lowering as I neared. I let the eye contact linger to show my complete lack of fear before pulling back and flipping my hair over my shoulder. I'm not saying anything definite here but... it gets your thinking, right? And from where I'm standing... I looked him up and down, A head that big makes you an easy target. Especially when he didn't seem to think he really was one.

I watched his show, feeling a shiver run down my spine at the thrill of watching such a power display. Even I could admit that vampires were powerful, that the control was desirable. Maybe before my body was ruined by age I might join their ranks someday. For now, they were more entertaining to hunt or use as 'business' pawns and connections, or just entertaining to watch. A problem with Chad? Sounds like he needs some of what I'm selling.. you know where to send him if he needs to relax... I grinned darkly, watching the nurse walk away. Dr Reese. Sigurd... Where has I hear that - ah. It all fitted into place. My eyes lit up slightly, but aside from that I just smiled. Dr Reese.... that's more than enough to go on. I said through my grin, my eyes glittering as I watched the doctor before me, reveling at the connection. Oh, that was too good. What was better though, was pretending I didn't yet know that much. I wanted to bleed this sucker dry and when information was my currency, I wasn't just going to hand it over or let on how much I knew just like that. Either way, the link I'd figured out only bought up more questions that I needed to find the answers to. So sure. A deal's a deal. You do your magic like you just did there to some patients, the ones you hate, one with money, I don't really care, just do it and send them to the places people go when they want to score regularly enough and you'll get your information. Honestly, it seems like a fucking win-win to you - getting rid of all the crackheads from round here too. 'Doubt they're even worth feeding off of, right? I glanced to him, wondering if there was any way to try and create a spark of comradery, even a late, half-assed one. I wasn't looking to be his friend but I wasn't stupid either. There was no way he'd introduce me to his elderly acquaintance if he couldn't stand me at all.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics