setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Another Chance - Page 3

[Private] Another Chance

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Another Chance

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:47 pm

It was a mild pet peeve of mine. People who refused to admit they were sick and people who refused to admit they needed medical attention. People that either genuinely believed they were fine, or just did not enjoy allowing others help them, either way, it was a silly way to get an infection, or worse. Pride and refusal to spend ten minutes being cared for was not worth the potential months of suffering it could incur. And while mild, and while incredibly insignificant it was, it was also abnormally hypocritical. I could admit when I was unwell, just as I could admit when I needed medical attention, however there had been plenty occasions when I refused such aid and pushed onward, despite knowing the potential dangers and consequences. And came, did those consequences, with a vengeance and they were relentless.

The damage can always be undone, much like your wounds will heal, it will take time, and while some of that information was incredibly difficult to acquire and helpful to our cause, it was no where near worth risking the safety of your family over. You made the right call Lenny. My words were not entirely empty, just as they were probably not entirely comforting. They were somewhere in the middle of both, while my mind was going over everything we had lost. I felt no guilt over the things I was thinking, in fact I felt my thoughts were quite natural considering the situation. The enemy now knew everything we did, but the question was, did we know anything detrimental to ourselves, or anyone else within the organization. And that was when it hit me, he now had the names of our sources, and he would be going after them next. Luckily, those were the few things I did remember, all we had to do now was get to them first, and get them to safety.

I sighed, in no position to argue with Lenny when it was plainly obvious that I was already going to win this battle. Sig was on his way. What he said next, and the tone of his voice took me by surprise, and that in itself was surprising considering the situation. Lenny... I looked at him, frowning, but not at him. I am not God, I am not superman. I promised you we would stop him, that I would catch him and put an end to all of this, and I still plan to keep that promise, and I still believe it is entirely possible and have every faith that it will happen eventually. But, I have been hunting him for a long time. I have been in many compromising situations with him, and because of him, situations where I was unable to stop him from doing terrible things. Yes, maybe I could have stopped him, but that is a very large ''maybe''. Sometimes... Winning the battle does not include running into it head first, sometimes the enemy has to win a couple before you can take him down, and I very much believe this was one of those situations. What you did has changed things, but that does not mean they have been changed for the worse. We now know what his next move is. He has the information we had, and because of that, because of you, I now know where he will be going next, I know his next ten moves, and that is ten opportunities to stop him, ten opportunities that we would not have had otherwise.

My eyes shifted to the door, expecting Sig any moment now, but then they moved back to Lenny. Of course, she will be fine do not worry. I pulled up my phone, opened a very specific contact and began passing it too him, Do you think you are capable of typing out the addresses? We can have people at those locations within ten minutes to keep lookout. My phone buzzed in my hand before he could take it, and the message that appeared made me smile, which did feel a bit out of place considering our current situation, but it happened regardless. I closed the message, pulled up the contact again, and passed the phone to him. Just a moment, our guest is here.

When I reached the door, I realized I'd looked back at least twice, as if Lenny would magically vanish if I did not keep an eye on him. It made no sense, yet I felt compelled to keep him in my sights, at least for now. A task that was put on halt once I opened the door and saw a friendly face on the other side. It took a moment, but I realized he did not look well and I felt guilty for contacting him while he was in such terrible condition. You look unwell old friend. I do not hope this is a terrible inconvenience?

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:11 am

I dunno. I guess. I barely muttered, wallowing in the misery I rightfully felt at that moment. If it was the right call, at what price? Maybe if she's okay. I looked away, wondering, hoping, but a sick sensation creeping into my stomach as I expected the worst seeing as every time I hoped for the best with this vampire everything just got shit on. I didn't know what to expect, or think, or hope, or anything. I rested my head against the back of the couch and just silently scowled through my pains and aches for a minute, not bothering to explain how useless everything felt momentarily.

I glanced up, slowly and with a narrowed, concentrating gaze as I listened to Helios. I took in every word, one second feeling cynical as a reaction to something he said, the next hopeful, but overall confused. Never mind my wondering how many wins the vampire had to steal from us before he got what he deserved, or my simmering anger that Helios should have done something by then - What? How do we know his next moves? He's got our fucking information.. I didn't.. I didn't get anything about him in return. I said, my confusion evident in my voice and expression. I didn't understand, but mostly it pissed me off how calm and sedate he could seem, how unscathed Helios was compared to me and yet he was the one preaching about it. You say that he has to win some, but how about next fucking time he does you can be the one with blood dripping down your neck? I held my hand against the ruined bandage, glaring fiercely at Helios, properly looking him in the eye for the first time since I'd turned up at his house, But it's not fucking like that, is it? It's me just fucking waiting for you to do whatever the fuck you do. Constantly fucking waiting for him to turn up and fuck my life over, wondering what he'll do next, what he'll make me do next - and you don't fucking know what it's like, do you - wishing that he'd squeeze just that bit tighter, or not get me to a hospital in time, not because I want to fucking die like some psycho but because at least then I'd never fucking see him again because sometimes that feels like the only fucking way to make sure of it!  

I gritted my teeth and pointedly looked away from Helios, nostrils flaring and breathing heavy after such an intense, long rant. My mom being safe no longer felt enough on its own to calm me down, even if just the thought of him getting his hands on her was enough to do just that. It made me feel like I'd physically throw up if I didn't get the images out of my mind.

Sure. I took the phone without looking at him, the epitome of sulky, knowing I needed Helios' help when I'd just yelled at him, but I didn't get to putting the addresses in straight away. Guest? I croaked, But I told you not to invite anyone.. what the... I trailed off as Helios walked off, left to just uncomfortably angle my head to try and watch him, the wound on my neck complaining. I gave up and angrily typed the addresses into his phone instead, punching the screen harder with my finger after each error I made. As much as I'd claimed to being fine, I felt sick, ill, in pain and pissed off.

I tossed the phone onto the couch seat next to me when I'd done and shifted where I was sitting to get a look at who the 'guest' was. I still clutched my right arm to my chest, moving the shoulder joint as little as possible because whenever I did it send a fresh spark of pain through the area, but even the importance of that task fled my mind when I could see who'd stepped through the door. Sig?! It was undoubtedly the man who I'd met previously, the man with the scars similar to mine on his own neck. His presence created so many questions now I had my memories but all I could do was stare, mouth agape, unable to process my surprise. I slowly looked between he and Helios. Old friend? They knew each other? But... I... what?

Back to top Go down

Sigurd Reese | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:11 pm

I couldn’t help but to chuckle a little. No need to worry, it’s just a stubborn cold, but this old man is even more stubborn. I smiled, lightly, but once I stepped inside and saw the emergency, my smile quickly faded. When someone was in this kind of shape, this wouldn’t be considered an inconvenience on my part. You really shouldn’t be sorry, this looks urgent. When did this- And then I realized who this victim was. Lenny.

I had missed so many obvious signs, and I instantly hated myself for it. He’d not contacted me, which on its own hadn’t surprised me, and him not answering the phone hadn’t surprised me either. Maybe a little bit, since I knew he wouldn’t want to be double fined. I just explained it away in my head as him being young and unappreciative of what I’d done for him. I had never even let it cross my mind that he’d still been in danger from the one who’d created the scar I’d seen that sparked my favor for him in the first place. I rubbed my palm over my face, the ache of my face really intensifying with my guilt.

Oh, no, I said, shaking my head, How long ago did this happen? Do you remember anything now? I began rambling questions without thinking about them. Have you been to a hospital? I didn’t bring any blood with me, I sure hope you let them transfuse. I started inspecting the bruises, thinking on how I could really use more medical equipment, including an X-ray machine.

I told you, son, we had a lot more in common than you realized, I grinned. Finally, I looked up to Helios, shaking my head. I stood up, and paced a little.

I have to admit, this is partially my fault, Father, I met this young man earlier. I saw the scar but I - I hurriedly turned around to grab a tissue from my bag as I sneezed. I guess no use lamenting over it, now, I said, turning back around, I’m gonna need an x-ray of that right arm. Looks pretty bad.

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:56 am

Faith was different to everyone. To some, it was a light in the dark, something that gave them hope that the sixty, seventy, or eight years they would spend on this earth was not just something to be endured until it ended. To others, it was something greater, it was carrying god, or gods depending on their beliefs, in their hearts, like a canteen of hope they could sip from in their darkest hours. To me, it was the belief that purpose is what we make it. To me, it was knowing that things could always go sour, but they could also get better. To me, it was knowing that nothing and no one is inherently evil, no one is doomed or cursed, and the sun will always rise the next morning, bringing with it the opportunity to make the right decisions.

Lenny's faith was different, and while maybe his religious faith was small, if it existed at all, his non-religious faith was perplexing. I knew his suffering, and I could say that without caution, because while I may not have walked in his shoes, I also had thirty-seven years of the suffering life could throw at you under my belt. And maybe it was not his faith that confused me most, but rather how intensely he felt his emotions. Lenny's darkest hours were darker than most because he felt everything so deeply. And to me, while this was endearing, while this was simply admirable, it was also incredibly dangerous. His happy moments may have burned brighter, but his dark moments could block out the sun. And when you have no light, when you have no hope...

Because, he is merciless and ruthless and filled with dark purpose, Lenny. The names on those files, of the people that shared even a sliver of what they know of him, they will be his next targets. We will know who he is going after next. He has always had the shadows on his side, he has always kept out of reach unless he decided he wanted to be seen. But now, now he is within our reach.

My eyes widened with Lenny's next words. This was no time to compare battle wounds. This was no time to compete for the award of most misery inflicted. My blood had been spilled. Others had also made the crimson sacrifice in the name of this vampire. I would never say it, especially now, because I knew he was suffering, and that was why he was lashing out. But the truth was, Lenny was not the only one who had tasted this vampires wrath, and while I was fighting for Lenny to be free of it, my lifelong war with this particular vampire was not just fought for Lenny. It was fought for him, for me, and for many others. Some of which were not so lucky.

I had gone silent, and I filled with guilt the more he spoke. No words would comfort him, they would only infuriate him. I knew his rage was not for me, and it was for the one that had put him through so much pain. I only wished he would have saved his fury for the target. In times like this, morale was all we had, and mine was running low.

Well come in, come in. Get out of that cold air. I closed the door behind him and stepped aside so he could do what he did best. It only took a moment for things to become obvious. This was not the first meeting between Sig and Lenny. And while I had many questions, I also knew better than to bring up something that would better be spoken over coffee once the pain and drama of this night had passed. No, no. I think we all know who is to blame in this situation, and unfortunately they are not here for us to point our fingers at. So no more of that, let's focus on getting Lenny better, and I can go prepare some tea. Or maybe something a little stronger...

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:42 am

I frowned deeply, trying to work out if I'd missed something, if there was some information I was missing, or not processing, but there was just one fact staring me straight in the face.

I looked to Helios, my eyes full of confusion and sudden worry, But.. Helios I.. I gave him those files before he messed with my memory. Over... over a month ago. I said quietly, my voice falling to a hush as I tried to hope Helios knew that, that he hadn't missed that aspect like I was fearing and all those people that had helped him were.. okay. And that we were actually in a good position like he thought. Then at least my mistakes might mean something.

I watched Sig with wide eyes as he came in, my eyes darting to follow him as he moved about the room. I cringed when he shook his head at my state, reflexively lifting the sweatshirt to cover myself better. Um. ...I, uh, it happened... I started to talk and then frowned, What day is it? My gaze drifted to the abandoned, wet and dirty scrubs still on the floor. ... I remember. Everything, I think. And yeah, I was at the hospital - but I'm not going back. I.. I guess they transfused, I don't feel.. like that. I said, not knowing what to call the familiar sensation I'd experienced after blood loss. I winced as he inspected the bruises. While his touch was light, most of the bruises were deep. They weren't just caused by a human grip, but a stronger one, one that had felt like steel and seemed to penetrate right through my muscles.

Sig's grin didn't bring out a familiar emotion in me, instead I only managed a bitter smile back before rolling my gaze away. Great. I muttered, hunching further back into the couch. We'd both been attacked by vampires, how was that anything to smile about? While deep down I was curious about Sig and his story, on the surface I was still hurting.

The hurt was thrashing about in my mind. Maybe it was Helios' fault, or maybe Sig was right and it was his fault. Or my fault. I looked up with alarm at the old man and then at my arm, hugging it closer to myself. What? No! It was fine when I was at the hospital, it didn't hurt then.... Even if it was a completely different story since, I was having visions of needing more surgery on my arm or being forced back to the hospital by Helios and Sig if it was apparently so bad. But that was not fucking happening if I had any say in it.

And then after all my pent up anger and bitterness, it only took one sentence to made it fade and for me to suddenly realise how shitty I was being. My mouth dropped open and I stared ahead of me. We all know who is to blame in this situation, and unfortunately they are not here for us to point our fingers at. The words resounded in me with a painful truth. Helios was right. It pissed me off a little that he was, but he was right. It bought back to mind something he'd said before. Even if Helios could have done something differently to stop it happening the way it did, or Sig, or myself, the vampire had wanted it to happen and could have just gone about it another way. It was his fault.

I sat somberly with my thoughts for a second, grazing my fingers up and down the mottled skin of my right arm. I'm sorry. I suddenly said. It was aimed at Helios, but I didn't direct my gaze to him until after, frowning and blinking up at him as I something finally fitted into place. An epiphany. I want to help. I said, my voice airy and my mind so distant, I had no idea it probably sounded like I was offering to help him make tea. It was so far away from my actual meant offer of helping him in the organisation to take the vampire down that it was ridiculous. But it was what I needed. It was what I wanted. It was what I knew I had to do. Not just a channel for my anger towards the vampire, but the best possible one I could think of. And even if I couldn't take back what he'd done to me, or to Helios, who was a victim even if in different ways, and possibly even Sig for all I knew, I could stop him doing it to anyone else.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics