setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Another Chance

[Private] Another Chance

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Another Chance

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:21 pm

Thread Details

Helios Talon's Residence, out in the forest | Raining | Late

Carries on from this Closed Thread
Lenny is wearing a pair of stolen hospital scrubs, a jacket and his own usual boots. He has a bandage over his neck, his right arm underneath his clothes, and dark handprint bruises over his neck and jaw.

- - - - - - - - - F L A S H B A C K - - - - - - - - -

I stood opposite the compact desk in the office space above Uncommon Grounds, refusing to look at the woman opposite me. Mary-Ann shook her head, sighing heavily and staring at me, her gaze pleading. I just turned away more, crossing my arms and rolling my eyes. I didn't even know why she was being so dramatic. She was just my boss, I was just her co-worker. We weren't family, we weren't friends. She should have been so stupidly upset.

And yet deep within I felt guilty, my conscience niggling at me, making my stomach turn as she eyed me with disappointment. I didn't understand why I felt guilty though. There seemed to be so much I couldn't understand recently.

I don't understand what's been going on with you Lenny, but I can't overlook this. This is stealing. I can't trust you any more. I'm sorry but I've given you so many chances and now this... I have to let you go.

- - - - - - - - - E N D    O F    F L A S H B A C K - - - - - - - - -

How much more had I ruined in the time I hadn't had access to my memories? Could I really blame my lack of memories for the things I'd done. ..what if he was right?

I stumbled on. My mouth formed a grim line, my eyes looked directly ahead and yet at nothing at all, spacey, unfocused, drifting over the wet sidewalk beneath my feet until sidewalk became dirt track. Most of the time I thought of nothing. The times I did, I thought of Mary-Ann and my mom. Both who I had hurt, but the latter who might get irreversibly hurt if I didn't keep walking.

My feet eventually bought me to my destination. I was chilled to the bone, my 'clothes' drenched and bandage on my neck soaked through even though I'd tried to hold the jacket up over my neck. I walked up the long drive to the front door, my footsteps shakier and slower the nearer I drew. The entire walk there my nerves had kept silent but they chose that moment to resurface. I rested my knuckled on the door when I reached it, ready to knock. What if he wasn't there? What if he was there but didn't answer? What if he answered, but didn't want to see me? The irony of how similar the situation was to when Helios had turned up at my house weeks ago didn't allude me, but it wasn't exactly a happy memory I wanted to think about.

My eyes felt wet and I sucked in a loud breath, wincing at the pain that spread through my throat, more intense than a usual breath, but at least it meant I could blame the wetness of my eyes on the pain. I rubbed at them and stared dead-eyed at the door. My stomach was twisting into knots at the prospect of what could happen and I let my teeth clack against each other from the cold just for something to do because I no longer had anything to do. Anything but knock. I just needed to knock. Knock...

I knocked at the door. It was so feeble I didn't know if it could be heard, so I closed my eyes and knocked again, harder this time, not even knowing if I wanted it to open or not, I was so scared of what might happen either way. I took a step back, hugging my arm to myself. For all I knew, he could be watching, close. I glanced over my shoulder.

There was a cat sitting out in the driveway, right in the middle, just sitting in the rain. I let out a hollow laugh that sounded more like a choke and turned away, not enough energy to deal with the stupid cat. Some things hadn't changed. But why was it only the shitty stuff that hadn't changed?

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Another Chance

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:55 pm

A new shipment had arrived. At least ten large boxes were delivered to me personally, and inside each one a hunters dream come true. Several Glock twenty-twos, some AR fifteens, and a few specialty, modified models that I myself had never even seen. As well as the usual, silver injected ammunition, silver mace, cleaning kits, knives, machetes, the list was endless. I was in the process of carefully unboxing each item, and had them spread out across my living room floor, with sticky notes to mark which hunters had ordered which items. I'd even created a separate pile of the basics for Lenny, even if we had not spoken since that night at his house. And I created a few other piles for my other clients. It had been rather fun at first, but the task had quickly become tedious and I had been feeling quite ill for most of the day. So I took a moment to sit back on my couch and before I even knew it I had dozed off.

At first it felt like the knocking at my front door was a part of my dream. But as my eyes slowly peeled open I began to realize someone was at my door. I instinctively reached for the shotgun under my sofa and moved to the closet, which was not a closet at all, but instead where all of my surveillance equipment was setup. I had not expected to see what I saw, so when I did I quickly left the room and propped the shotgun up against the wall, then rushed towards the door.

When I pulled the door open, my eyes widened, Lenny? I knew it was him, but the state he was in took me by surprise. His attire, the bandage, even the look on his face. He did not look well, and I immediately stepped to the side so he could enter. Come in, My eyes did not look anywhere but at him. They were wide and curious as I waited for him to speak, to explain why he was here, but more importantly, why he was dressed the way he was and what had happened, despite already knowing the answer. There were knots in my stomach the entire time. This was my fault. I could have prevented this, but I did not even try, and for that I was to blame.

I closed the door behind him and immediately moved to the kitchen which was wide and open, giving me a one hundred percent clear view of the living room and dining room. Did you... Did you walk here? Why did you not call? I could have picked you up, I could have- I shook my head, feeling increasingly guilty as I reached for a glass and filled it with water.

I moved back to the living room and passed him the glass, and shoved a few boxes out of the way so he could sit down.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:25 pm

I started when the door opened, a full body flinch. I gazed through it with wide eyes, my chest heaving as if I hadn't expected the door to open. In some ways, I hadn't.

My gaze for the most stayed down but darted about, up, to the side, to anything but Helios. I slowly moved into the living room, my feet dragging on the flooring, and stood in the middle of it waiting for Helios to come back, my gaze on the boxes dotted around.

I heard Helios' questions but didn't register them properly, still blankly staring at a box when he returned. It was only the pressing of a glass into my hand that seemed to wake me up. My gaze jolted up to the Helios for just a second and then the glass which I bought to my lips, greedily drinking down every drop of water. I gasped for breath at the end of it and stupidly went to wipe my mouth against my wet sleeve. When I went to speak my voice was still hoarse, I.. my phone, it's.. I don't know where my phone is. I mumbled, looking at and pressing the glass in my cold, shaking hand.

I finally looked to Helios and practically threw the glass on the couch to have my hand free, rushing forward and grabbing him in a strange, one-armed hug. My right arm was trapped between us and my shoulder throbbed but I didn't even care. I didn't care about my wet clothes or trying to explain, or anything. I didn't want to understand it. I just burrowed my face into his shoulder and his warmth and clutched at his shirt. My throat felt thicker and more swollen than before and I gritted my teeth, pressing my face closer against him to try and stop my stupid emotions.

It was then that I remembered. I jerked back from Helios, keeping my gaze down. I'm sorry. Professional... I'll keep it... professional... I choked out, trying to straighten myself up a little where I stood. I shook my head and bought my hand up to my neck, wishing with a small glare that every movement I made didn't aggravate something. If you want me.. if you want to send me to some.. other vampire hunter, I..then. Yeah. I.. I get it. After ...what I did. I said sullenly, understanding why he might but hating the possibility of it. But wasn't my friendship with Helios already over?

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:49 pm

I had no idea what to expect. But the truth was, our last meeting had been pushed to the back of my mind. As far as I was concerned, it did not matter, not now anyway. I was no fool, I could put the pieces together. Sometimes my mind was occupied with unpleasant thoughts and it took me a little while to fill in the blanks, but now was not one of those times. And regardless, I almost always figured things out eventually. Either way, seeing him like this was painful. It was one thing seeing him frightened after falling for the vampires scare tactics. It was one thing hearing about what had happened to him. But it was something completely different witnessing the aftermath. It was not only his appearance that frightened me, it was the fact that he had so few words to speak. It was that blank look on his face like every emotion had been drained out of him.

I was happy to see him drink the water, and was about to go refill it for him and maybe grab something a little stronger, but his hug took me by surprise. It took a moment for me to really realize what was happening, but when I did I hugged back and probably held on for longer than I should have. I did not care about the wet clothes or the length of the hug. None of that mattered. But when he pulled away and talked about keeping things professional I could not help but feel saddened by it, and that feeling was written all over the look in my eyes. Let me get you something dry to wear. I started towards the stairs but what he said next had me pausing between him and the steps. My jaw hung partly open and flicked closed and open again as I tried to think of what to say. Did this mean... Did he remember? A loud exhale of breath was the only thing to escape me before I found the right words. That is the last thing I want. I admitted, smiling at him with up turned eyebrows before rushing up the stairs to grab some sweatpants and a hoodie so he could get warm and dry.

When I returned down the stairs I passed him the neatly folded clothes and immediately moved towards the fireplace, nearly tripping over my own feet as I tried to dodge the mess of weaponry all over the floor. You can get changed, and then we can talk? I wanted him to open up to me, and tell me what had happened, and maybe even tell me what had been going on with him, but it had taken quite a bit of time for him to fully open up before. I just hoped we would not have to start from the beginning again. And Lenny, do not worry about what happened between us. I added before turning my attention to starting the fire.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:26 pm

I finally lifted my gaze, turning so sharply to look at Helios that it pulled at my neck muscles. I caught a glimpse of his smile before he disappeared. That was the last thing he wanted? What did he want? I was so confused but I just stood there, returning to staring at the floor.

The next thing I was aware of was being passed some neatly folded clothes. Talk.. he wanted to talk. People wanting to talk was never good and my stomach twisted, but I didn't say anything. I just set the clothes down on the couch. Getting undressed was probably for the best, considering I was shivering and soaked, and I did technically want to 'talk' to Helios too. Talk sounded wrong, it was more ask.

I didn't think of moving elsewhere to change, my mind just knowing I had to undress and my body starting at the task. I shrugged off the wet, stolen coat quite easily, letting it fall heavily to the floor behind me. Next I kicked my boots off and that was the easy part of the task over.

I turned so my back was to Helios while he seemed occupied with the fire, lucid enough to try and spare myself some amount of decency. I pulled down the scrub pants with my one hand and kicked them to the side, feeling unnervingly naked without them and quickly reaching out to start putting on the pair of sweats Helios had fetched me. My heartbeat finally stopped racing when the waistband was above my hips.

I glanced over my shoulder to Helios, screwing shut my eyes when the action pulled at my neck. I turned a little to watch him instead, thinking over what he'd said. I could already feel a heat emanating from the fire and my cheeks glowed too when I thought of how I'd kissed him, but that wasn't even what was playing on my mind. There was worse that made my unease grow. You... not even.. the files? I asked, my gaze darting to Helios and then away again as I turned my back, so nervous that he'd get mad. From what I knew about Helios, catching the vampire was what mattered to him above all else. If something I'd done stood in the way of that... ..you didn't get.. in trouble for them? I thought... last time, at my house.. I wasn't, wasn't.. you were upset, you were.. I thought it was because of... My words drifted away and I shook my head, even more confused. I pulled at the bottom of the scrub shirt as I tried to figure it out, peeling it away from my skin. My right shoulder was starting to ache more and more as whatever I'd been given at the hospital wore off, but my mind was such chaos that the pain was almost welcome, a focusing aid.

Taking the shirt off with one hand left me breathless and lightheaded to the point I thought I might fall over, so I let the shirt fall to the floor with the rest of the wet clothes and tried to drop myself onto the couch as gently as I could, keeping my arm cradled to my chest to keep my shoulder as still as possible. I didn't want to do it but.. he had a picture of her, he said.. that's what I need your help, need to stop hi- I broke off with a hiss when the pain only spiked more, unable to concentrate on anything else. The warmer my shoulder became, the more feeling returned and most of that feeling was pain. Shit.. I.. shit, have you got any.. any Tylenol? I coughed out the words and glanced around the room, breathing shallowly through my mouth and knowing that Tylenol might not even touch it. Every time I moved it hurt, making me clench my jaw to try and stifle the pain, which only made my jaw and neck hurt too. Fuck.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics