setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] Believe

[Closed] Believe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Closed] Believe

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:54 am

Thread Details

Index Hospital | Showers | After Dark

Faint, repetitive sounds hit my consciousness as I awoke and before I blearily opened my eyes I could guess where I was. My eyes opened to the faded, white ceiling tiles of the hospital and how sick what it that I recognized them? I let out a tired sigh, closing my eyes again momentarily. I wishfully thought it could all have been a dream, knowing deep down it wasn't. It still felt like a dream. Blurred, hazed, too shocking to be true. Too much to process. So I screwed my eyes shut when the memories came to mind and decided not to.

As my mind shed its sleepiness a sense of urgency slowly built up within me and I knew I had to do something. Not just to keep my mind's mental turmoil at bay, but for a more physical danger as well. I sat up as quickly as I could, noting my right arm was in a sling but not a cast. A twinge of pain spread out from my shoulder and my neck, which I felt at with my left hand and then eased myself feet off the edge of the bed. There was a square, padded bandage over my neck. I ran my hand over the rest of my body checking for any more injuries, gently prodding and letting myself feel the pain of the bruises where there were any. I bit at the IV line to pull it from my left arm so I could stand up.

I glanced towards the door of the room, feeling a bead of nervous sweat roll down my neck. I didn't know how I'd ended up at the hospital this time but I could guess, and that's what instilled the physical fear in me. The very first time he'd injured me he'd also personally bought me here and there was no reason this time might be any different. He could have been in the building right there and then, or about the show up. There was no telling anything except I had to get out because beside from my hating the hospital, it wasn't safe.

I stumbled away from the bed, my footsteps wobbly at first. I found my shoes under it and picked them up, wincing when bending down made all my muscles ache. It didn't matter how injured I was though, how much pain I was in - I wasn't staying. I held my hospital gown around me and looked round for my clothes. There was nothing else or around the hospital bed and the cabinet next to it was locked shut when I tried it.

I shuffled  to the door of the private room, looked down the eerily empty hallways and walked out, still clutching my boots to my chest and my gown closed. I tried to move as fast as I could to avoid being seen by the staff, even though I didn't know where I was going. I crossed the hall and dipped into an unlocked supply closet.

A light blinked on as I entered it, revealing rows of metal shelves. I needed something to wear.. anything.. I scrabbled at the items on the shelves with my left hand, desperately trying to find something but coming up empty. There were only boxes of gloves and various dressings and bandages. My journey along the shelves bought me to the end of the small room where a laundry bin stood,  a piece of blue material hanging out of it catching my eye. The contents was dirty and the thought of putting on a pair of used scrubs was disgusting, but it didn't seem I had any choice. I rifled through the bin to find some that weren't obviously soiled and pulled them out. Finding something to wear apparently hadn't been the difficult part. Even after removing and discarding my sling I couldn't get my right arm through one of the sleeves so I'd given up on that, keeping it underneath instead, but it was still a task pulling the clothes on one-handed and with different parts of my body twinging whichever way I moved. The scrubs were still much better than the hospital gown though, and with them on and my shoes they were the best I could manage as an outfit.

I opened the door and sneaked back out into the hallway, moving as quickly as I could and not making eye contact with anyone I passed. Those I did seemed busy enough not to notice me too much but wearing what was basically a doctor's uniform made me nervous. It was with relief when I neared through a small waiting area and noticed a coat left abandoned on the back of a chair. I grabbed it, slipping my left arm through and pulling the other half over my right shoulder, holding it closed the best I could as I continued walking through. It rendered me invisible enough to reach the stairwell and outside without any complications.

I stepped out of the doors into the night air, my breath visible in the coldness, and stopped, my heart racing. I looked to each side of the hospital and then down at my feet, thinking. I had no idea where to go. I had no phone to ring a taxi and no wallet containing anything to pay for one anyway. It wasn't only the vampire that I had to fear either, but his threat... I needed help and I needed it urgently. It was almost enough to make me wonder if I should go back, wait for him.. comply with what he wanted - almost. I stared at the people around me, walking in and out, getting on with their lives, one brushing past me a bit too close and catching my right shoulder. I stumbled forward, grabbing my arm and holding it to me, gritting my teeth in pain. No. No, I couldn't bow to what he wanted, whatever he threatened. I had to believe there was still hope. I had to believe I could still do something.

I stood, shivering and slightly numb for a second, before I started walking. I just hoped that what seemed like my last option would give me one more chance.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics