setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Early Bird

[Private] Early Bird

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Early Bird

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:51 am

Thread Details

Rohana Khan's Apartment | Cloudy but dry | 5pm

OOC Message

Plates.. where had I put the plates? While I'd first bought out some nice square crockery in the end considering my.. party guests.. I'd decided that paper plates might be a safer option. I knew I'd bought some.. I walked into the kitchen, hair still in curlers, and opened a few cupboards until I found where I'd put them away. I placed them out on the worktop and went back to removing my hair rollers - an attempt to give my hair a little more volume.

I'd just taken the last one out and given it a run through with a styling brush in my bedroom when there was a knock at the front door. I paused, checked the time on my alarm clock and put my brush down anyway, my pace quickening when I had a thought - it might be the caterer arriving with some of the food.

But when I opened the door, it wasn't a delivery man standing outside. No, it was a wolf. Oh... hello. I said with a smile, all the while trying to work out why he was so early, two hours early, to be exact. I'd seen him before too - at the station, and possibly in One shot - but never actually spoken to him before. I was ashamed that I didn't know his first name, just that he went by 'Officer Sullivan'.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Early Bird

Caspian Sullivan | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:24 am

OOC Message

It had been sometime since I had joined up with the entire group of wolves, so once I had heard there was going to be a party there wasn’t a chance in hell I was going to miss that. I worked what strings I could in order to make sure I had the day off from work, and well when you’ve done what I was capable of it wasn’t all that hard usually. I was sure not all the pack would show up, but most of them had to right? It had been two years since seeing most of them, and well it would be nice to unwind from everything that I had to deal with when I was further out west training newly turned wolves and finding them a new ‘lead’ so to speak.

I had set my alarm for the time, and after dressing and leaving my house I set out to find this apartment of once it grew close. I didn’t usually enjoy showing up late, but where there were many wolves included I had to check out what was being offered, and then maybe I would debate about slipping out again and bringing in something else. After all I’m sure everything that would be offered wouldn’t last long. My stomach growled as if it agreed with my thought. You’d think with all that I ate I’d be a fucking chunky ass cop who did donut curls, but I guess that’s just a perk of having a high metabolism.

Upon finding the apartment I adjusted the beanie on my head and knocked on the door. Checking the time I was maybe twenty or so minutes early, but I would have thought that I might see a few stragglers coming in already, but maybe not? There wasn’t a sound or smell of that many wolves in the area, perhaps it wasn’t a full thing to be early, but meant more scoping out for me right?

My brow rose a little from the confusion on the fellow wolf’s face. I couldn’t recall her name, but I swear I had seen her before. Wait, that’s right she was one of the detectives in the department, but fuck what was her name? Hey. Shifting I dug my hands deep in my pockets and shrugged. Pretty sure she didn’t know whom I was. I don’t even remember seeing her with the pack before. She must have either turned after I had left, or she was one that I just never saw at all.I can say that I’m umm, fashionably early? A sly smirk slid across my face. So can I come in?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:39 am

If the supposedly 'humorous' comment hadn't already irritated me, the smirk would have done. What exactly was so funny about turning up to an event so early? The polite time to arrive was always a few minutes after the arranged time. I thought his earliness was downright rude, but I wasn't going to say anything outright when I didn't know the man. His outfit didn't help either. In wolf terms his clothes were practically a business suit compared to what I expected some of the pack to wear, but to me it still wasn't appropriate attire for a party and I found the jewelry simply bad taste. Combined with his timing and his attitude, it wasn't the best first impression from someone who was a warlord. I decided to still give the man a chance. It seemed unfair to judge anyone just from one meeting and I'd never been one to rely on first impressions. Even if they were.. bad.

You could say that. You are... very early. I said through my teeth, thinking how it might effect the preparations I still had to finish, but the smile didn't leave my face. I didn't want to cast a bad atmosphere over the party before it had even begun. At least it wasn't Brutus or his gang purposefully trying to cause trouble.

I stepped aside and gestured for him to come in. Of course. I don't think we've properly been introduced before, though I think I've seen you at the station? I offered him my hand to shake. I'm Rohana. Or, seeing as this is a wolf party, Sthira. The food hasn't arrived yet but I can get you a drink if you'd like? Perhaps I'd even be able to make use of the wolf to help with the finishing touches of the party. I wanted it to be perfect in order to make the best impression on the pack and really I was hoping deep down that it might create a better feeling of unity for everyone.

Back to top Go down

Caspian Sullivan | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:46 am

Well did I hit a sore spot or what? I raised my brow a little from her response. Maybe being twenty minutes early was a very bad thing when it came to this little wolfie, despite that smile on her face. In fact I would have thought that she may have been grateful. I could offer to help if she needed it, which I’m sure she wouldn’t need it. Or maybe she was just running behind and didn’t want anyone seeing that she was? After all she looked mighty find in that getup she was wearing, and those lose curls framed her face nicely.  So maybe she was more focused on how she looked rather than setting up till last minute? No. She didn’t look the type, but I was a bad judge of character till I was able to speak to someone.

I didn’t think twenty minutes early was all that bad? I noted when I walked past her once she gave the okay to come on in. What….the fuck kind of place was this? My head tilted to the side taking in the lot of her apartment that I could see. I didn’t think I would ever see this in a wolf’s house. It was very…girly, and very…chic, modern? Fuck I didn’t know but this was not what I was expecting at all. Maybe I should have taken a hint from the way she was dressed she liked nice things? This place was fucked. Nice…place. I mumbled a little still gazing at the nooks and crannies of the place. Yet, it was good to know that I wasn’t the only one that liked nice things in their house. Although, I’m sure she would care if this place got stains, whereas my place I couldn’t have given two fucks.

I’m Caspian and, Ouray for the pack. Scratching behind my ear as I took in what little she had done. I was especially surprised when she said the food hadn’t come in. Maybe it was a bad catering service? Now I just felt a little awkward for showing up early. Maybe I would have to change my tune from here on out and just show up late rather than on time. Nice to meet you Sthira. And that would be great, thanks. I could see the tables she had set up, and they were still fairly bare. I was slowly beginning to think she was either really bad at setting up, or maybe I was just a little more than just twenty minutes early.

You know, I don’t think I’ve seen you about with the pack before. Than again I was out for a while, and I had to admit, I was terrible with remembering faces back then as well. I may know who she is if I saw her in wolf form, but I was quite enjoying this view of her. I just had to remind myself that well…I needed to keep my hands to myself. They tended to get myself into trouble back in the other pack I was helping manage for a while. I think right now, the best bet may be some small talk. At least maybe it would help get rid of that awkward feeling that was slowly creeping up on me and wanting to bite me in the ass.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:12 pm

At first I wondered if his comment of twenty minutes was a joke, but it didn't take long for me to put together that it wasn't, and his unusual earliness could be easily explained. I let it lie for the moment in favor of more important things.

I glanced around the place a little myself. Thank you. I like it. There's a few things I need to move around though, just in case people knock them. I didn't want the party to get too rowdy but even in a sophisticated crowd, people could stumble or accidentally topple things over or off shelves. It's nice to meet you, Ouray. Come through. Did you want a beer? I opened the fridge, glancing at the selection of brands I'd bought that all meant absolutely nothing to me. We've got a while before the others will be here... I hate to break it to you, but I think maybe your watch might have stopped? Or some wires crossed somehow, because the party doesn't start for two hours. Don't worry though... if you don't mind, I could use an extra pair of hands. I admitted. Although it wasn't as late as Ouray had thought, things weren't running as smoothly as I'd hoped. Some of the food was still to arrive, I had to set up some collapsible tables, clear things away and arrange the one-use tableware I'd bought.

I took a bottle of sparkling water out the fridge for myself and took a sip, glancing sheepishly to Ouray. It felt rude to say it was likely because I hadn't been invited to any parties he'd been at. I'd suspected it was because I was a police officer that I hadn't been invited, the other wolves worried that my career might get in the way if things got out of hand. But if that was the case, surely they wouldn't have invited Ouray either? Mayeb they were being considerate, knowing I was so busy. I'd liked to have thought that instead of the more obvious truth anyway. Oh... I've been to One Shot a few times. I'm usually just busy with work though, it doesn't leave me much time to go out. I think the pack understand that so don't see reason to invite me, if I'd have to turn it down anyway. I've heard some stories about things that have happened though... I laughed lightly, pushing away a feeling of being left out. That was what the party would remedy. If they weren't going to invite me to theirs, I'd invite everyone to a party and get to know them that way. It was the perfect plan. You're newly back in town, aren't you? That much I'd heard, but not where he'd been and although I was curious it felt rude to ask.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics