setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] If You Only Knew

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ebony Reed |

Posted on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:50 am

Thread Details

Mall Food Court | Windy | 7pm

OOC Message

I had felt for some time that I was grasping at straws that were shorter than all the rest. I tried my best here and there to rekindle what was in my mind, but nothing would dislodge the missing piece. It was frustrating, aggravating, and every damn negative word in the book I could think of really. I hated feeling like I was powerless, and most of all I hated feeling like I was missing a piece of me that I just couldn’t figure out. Yet, I suppose I should be thankful I was alive, although upon reawakening in the forest, which seemed like months ago even though it was only a few weeks, I still felt like I was wobbling around the place like a new born calf. Life must go on, and I was slowly coping with the fact that I may not know what had happened, but it would forever be scratching at the back of my head. Until then, I would just live my life one day at a time and go from there. I couldn’t stay sheltered in my home and just move back and forth between there and work. I had to find who I was again.

I knew in order to do that, I would have to actually try and be like the old me. Which took me to where I was today. The mall. I forgot what I was like to move about the small bits of crowds here and there. The smell of the freshly cleaned stores, and the occasional fruity smell every time I walked by Victoria’s Secret, in which I finally went into after much debate. I did after all deserve to indulge a little bit right? I wanted a few new things, and why not get some new underwear and matching bra’s to go with it? I had picked out quite the ensemble too, and well some smell goods too. I had thrown out all my old ones, after all they were old, and most of the lotion was watery from sitting and the fragrances burned my skin a little. After leaving the store and hitting a few more I was sure the plastic of my card would melt, but it felt good to have the weight of a few shopping bags in my hands. A few new outfits to replace the ones I would soon donate or sell. I smiled a little to the small wafting smell of a pastry filled my nostrils. I had forgotten the tiny little food court in this place and my stomach grumbled from the delightful smell. Plus, I was surpised that they were even still open this late. Maybe they were a little old and trying to get rid of what they had?

Biting my lip a little I turned into the direction of the food court. There wasn’t much to choose from, but the little donut shop would suffice, plus it had been forever…I think….that I had actually let a sugary treat slip past these lips of mine. Ordering myself a small chocolate filled pastry and a small coffee I ushered myself to one of the small tables and plopped down happily. I watched couples move about the area, holding hands and giving slight pecks on the cheeks and lips causing a small sigh to slip out. It had felt like some time since I had actually felt affection for anyone. Hell the last person I remember being with was Ben. At one point in time I had wondered if he had even cared. Now even more so that the possibility of a child…I wasn’t even sure what to do. Especially since he was…a vampire.

I had tried to smack myself in the face several times when I had gotten home after he had pretty much ripped a gaping hole in my arm. Tried to tell myself he was psychotic, or I was losing my mind, but it was all too real. My hand went to where he had bitten me, there was a small scar, nothing more, but it was evident that something had happened, but when I took in his blood it did heal it. I was scared shitless, but now I was curious what had happened to him, and how he was even…made? Was that even the word to explain it? Shaking my head I tore into the pastry and took a small bite, savoring the taste and feeling the fluffy texture on my tongue. Right now, I should just push it aside and enjoy this decadent dessert.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] If You Only Knew

Sigurd Reese | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:05 pm

I know it’s been a long time since I’d been a kid, but there was no way I was this big of a drain on their wallets. Grayson was two, and it hadn’t taken long for the world to let him know just how in love with Iron Man he was. But it took even less time for the Iron Man toys to drain my bank account. I knew that it would be no longer than a blink and Michael would be the same. He was already dying to be just like his.. well.. nephew? I couldn’t keep it straight and I just preferred to think of Grayson as my son. Bless his heart, his father was dead and now his mother… well.. she needed help. I had yet to find out if Grayson would be safe with her, ever, and I wasn’t sure that I’d ever be able to give him up even if that was the case. I might not have a nice brick home with a big yard for him to grow up in, but I had a lot I could teach him, and that was more valuable than anything in the world.

After stopping in a department store to pick up a few pairs of slacks with what little money I had leftover from the toy store endeavor, my stomach growled and I figured I could see what the food court had to offer. I’d hoped a burger would be an option, since the Philly place wanted to charge and arm and a leg, but I reckoned the Chick-fil-et would do. After getting my sandwich and drink, I took my tray, at first looking for a spot that wasn’t too crowded, but instead, I found something better, or I should say, someone.

I knew her face, I’d seen her with him, I’d seen her at the hospital as well. Even when Ben was.. alive, I wasn’t happy about the pairing. I knew she’d go “missing” for long spells. Whether that was her doing or something else, I didn’t like it. It was probably the likes of vampires, even from the get-go, but I couldn’t be sure. What I could be sure of was that my grandson wouldn’t be safe with her, and she wasn’t safe with that monster that had taken control of my son’s body.

I sat my tray down onto the table in front of her, thinking now was as good of a time to introduce myself as any, even if it might seem a little weird. I had the feeling that weird was nothing new to this girl.

Ebony? I sat down and began unwrapping my sandwich. Sorry, I must seem.. odd, but I’m honestly the least harmful person in your life right now. My name is Sig. Sig Reese.

Back to top Go down

Ebony Reed |

Posted on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:12 pm

I had lost myself momentarily to the delightful taste of the pastry in my mouth. You would have thought that if it was this late I’d want to grab something more filling, but this would be enough for now. Least till I got home, I didn’t want to indulge in more junk and ruin on my physique, which I was working on again. I found exercise to be very calming and for a while I could focus on a good run, or an intense workout and just forget about things for at least an hour or so. It was only temporary, but it was all I could get and it was what I would be more than happy to take for now.

My thoughts were interrupted by an older man, whom had mistaken me for someone else and sat down. Umm…excuse me.? I answered slightly confused and looked around. I had no idea who this person was, how the hell did he know my name? Did I secretly gain a stalker when I returned to Index? You know like the whole creepy man get up, and just randomly pop in to speak someone. Maybe he was a patient at the Hospital? Oh my god what if he was one of those crazy whack jobs on the psych floor. I knew I shouldn’t have let Lindsey talk me into going and work up there when I first came back to work. Apparently she didn’t want me to see a bunch of traumas and all that crap. Probably thought it would bring back bad memories. I would give anything to have my memories back, even if they were horrific.  

I opened my mouth to ask him how he knew who I was, until I heard him introduce himself. Wait…Reese? I swallowed hard, there was no way that he could be anywhere near related to Ben right? But how often was it that you’d run into someone with the last name in this small of a town? And what did he mean that he was the least ‘harmful’ person in my life right now? If he was…no, he couldn’t be a stalker unless he just made that shit up to get under my skin and see what it would do to me? How…do you know my name? Hesitantly I asked him while I grasped for my coffee cup as if it may protect me with it’s hot liquid. Come on? Hot liquid in the face would hurt right? 

Back to top Go down

Sigurd Reese | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:19 pm

There was no way she could hide that sliver of recognition when I stated my full name, and that was my intention. I made a point not to stare too much at her, after all just me approaching her had to be uncomfortable and strange for her, even if I had her best interests at heart. 

My name, it is what you think it is. Benjamin is.... was.. my son. I lifted the bun of the sandwich to make sure it was as ordered, no surprises, and when I was pleased with what I saw I took a bite. Pickles, chicken, lettuce, tomato... it was no home cooked meal but it was certainly better than the frozen meals I'd been trying from the supermarket. 

I know before you.. left, you two had some relations, and I just.. want to make sure you know he's not the same. He's not Ben anymore, and he's dangerous, so if you know what's good for you, you should stay away from him. Of course I had further intentions on this conversation, but it was all dependent upon her. I had a task for her, if she was up to it, but I needed to feel her out first. She could be helpful, and I didn't mean for me. What I would ask of her would be a public service, because a hospital is no place for a vampire to work. It was sickening, to think, and it was only further proof that he wasn't a human anymore. Probably feeding on the sick, stealing blood that they needed. The idea that someone could come to a place like that for help and would instead be mutilated by a monster was unacceptable to me.

Back to top Go down

Ebony Reed |

Posted on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:16 am

I panicked a little gripping my coffee a little too tight causing it to cave in just a little and spill some over the edge of the cup. Pulling my hand back I shook off the drops from my finger and cringed. I couldn’t believe the liquid within was still as hot as it was, but I wasn’t quite expecting what this man was saying. Of course it was possible for the man to be some crazed stalker, but I couldn’t stop going over the details of the man’s face. It was hard not to notice the familiarities of what gene’s they shared. Sig had to be telling the truth about being his father.

Grabbing for a napkin I wiped off the remaining coffee from my hand and tried to fix my cup. I didn’t want to make it obvious I was just gawking at him, but at the same time it was hard not to. Do I play stupid and pretend that I hadn’t ran into Ben yet? Or should I just spill it all. I didn’t trust him, and I don’t think I could just throw that all out the window either. I had no Idea his father…well you were even still alive or around. I bit at my lip and looked at him. Ben never spoke of his dad, and I wasn’t the type to pry into someone’s life either.

Wait…how do you even know we…had relations…or even that I had left? I was confused and I began to panic a little again. What was going on? Did he know something that I didn’t? And it just dawned on me that he had dodged my previous questions. I didn’t like this. How is he different or dangerous? Of course I knew Ben was different, but maybe playing stupid may get me somewhere. The questions spilled from my mouth like a bad case of word vomit, but I wanted to know. I was tired of my questions not being answered, and now that I was able to ask some I just couldn’t stop the list from forming and from coming out.

I’m confused. I finally had admitted and grabbed for my coffee again and took a small sip hoping the flavor would wash over me and at least calm me again. My heart was racing from the feelings that began to rise within me and I felt as if I was losing control. It wasn’t like me to just slip from a cool calm into a panicked mess, but maybe I just didn’t know who I was anymore? What could Ben’s father possibly know about me, and just how Ben was a vampire? Maybe he’s been around here since I had randomly came back to Index? Maybe Ben knows that his father is back?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics