setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] Everything that made me pretty

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Donna Chambers

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:39 pm

Thread Details

The Byrne Household | cold? | Middle of the night then early morning

OOC Message
This post has a soundtrack.

I didn’t even want to walk into that house afterwards. I remember the day I moved in, how I had this idea that I was basically moving in with family. It didn’t take me long to feel like it was home, and then he disappeared. The only motivation I’d had to finally enter the front door was the scalding shower I was going to take. And I sat, I sat in the shower until the water ran cold, and I sat some more. I didn’t cry, I just stared and sat in my self pity, hating that I’d done probably what every other girl… person in my place had done, thinking that somehow it would wash it all away.

I stared at the ceiling once I’d finally managed to get myself into bed, trying to keep my mind as numb as possible, but once in awhile I would grit my teeth and fight the tears. Eventually, I fell asleep. And now we were here. I pulled the covers away and let my legs fall to the edge of the bed. I forced myself to stand up and I slowly walked to the mirror. The shower hadn’t washed away all of the makeup, and I couldn’t be fucked to get the remover, even still, I was okay with the gray half circles the mascara and liner had left in the bags under my eyes. I didn’t want to be pretty anymore. My eyes kind of widened, as that thought had kind of it me, it kind of stuck, and something about it made sense. It was, what had gotten me in trouble, right? All these years, I’d been gorgeous, at least he thought so. And I wasn’t a man, but I guess guys liked pretty things just as much as girls did. But they didn’t like to just look at pretty things, did they? They had to claim them.

My sweats, my biggest pair of underwear, a sports bra, and an old tee shirt was all I wore as I ran to the garage. No one else was awake, and I glared at the Impala. Had I just… not gotten in. I could have left him there, to sulk in his misery alone, just like I’d thought he probably wanted to do.

I wasn’t going to get revenge. He was Logan. I had trusted him, and I was wrong to, that was the end of it. Instead, I found the gunmetal gray cabinet and tugged at the door. It screeched, it was unhappy about it, but it opened and I found the roll of duct tape, and also… a small pair of gardening shears. I grabbed them both and was happy to get back in the house, to get my bare feet off of the cold concrete floor of the garage. I know I’d only been awake for an hour or so, but it was already so much easier to walk when I knew what I wanted to do. When I had a purpose that wasn’t… reluctantly getting out of bed. I opened the door to the bathroom and locked the door behind me, and stopped briefly in front of the mirror.

My hair was messy, it was bedhead, but it was still clean and shiny. Parts of it were still damp from the shower, but… it was long, healthy blue hair. I sat the duct tape behind the faucet of the sink and just began to cut. I reached behind me, and cut the back, just letting it fall to the floor. I cut the sides, I cut the bangs. Not a straight line. I just.. made the pretty parts go away. When I was finished, the longest bit of my hair wasn’t more than four inches, the shortest part barely an inch. there was no rhyme or reason; but I left the long locks in the floor. Next, I took off my clothing, just long enough to step in the shower and easily wash off the strands that hung on to my arms, my neck, and I turned off the shower and dried off. I shook the clothing loose, ridding it of the last remaining long hairs, and put everything back on except for my shirt. My breasts, they’d always been an asset. They’d always been fucking pretty. I took the duct tape, found the end, tore it loose and began wrapping it tight over top of my sports bra, sloppily but tightly going around and around until they were as hidden as they could possibly be, and then I finally put the shirt back on. I looked in the mirror, ready to destroy anything else that made me pretty.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics