setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Knock Three Times - Page 2

[Private] Knock Three Times

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Knock Three Times

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:45 pm

I took a drag of my cigarette and turned to Helios, my eyebrows raising as he chugged down his beer. That bad? What, have loads of people died or shit... loads of funerals or whatever? I asked, taking another drag and savoring the taste of my cigarette. That was what I missed and I might as well make the most of it until I quit properly. You look like you need something stronger. I commented, glancing to Avery's liquor cabinet.

Helios was acting strangely. I couldn't understand it, just like I couldn't understand a lot about our apparent relationship, but it was overwhelmingly obvious. I watched him with a frown, curious and slightly worried, before he spun the question round on me.

Uh... yeah, I mean, what else would there be? The way he looked at me made me feel sad, made my chest ache as I thought about something that was wrong. No matter what I did, how I acted, there was just a feeling I couldn't shake. A feeling that things didn't make sense, that something was wrong... I hadn't told anyone and was trying to tell myself it was just me imagining things but with Helios right there in front of me with a weird sad attempted smile on his face it somehow felt like he might understand. Well.. there's.. there's this thing, I've been feeling - it's hard to describe but... I met his eyes and stopped. What was I thinking? It all sounded crazy. I quickly shook my head. Uh, no.. it's nothing. Forget it. I mean, you're right, if things are bad, it doesn't matter. Not that shit's bad, I just.. it's nothing. I glanced to the side, arms folded, shifting uneasily and bringing my cigarette up to my mouth again. Just work, just life.. and shit. I repeated, glancing back to Helios. My eyes first met his but then they traveled downwards, getting stuck on his nipples showing through his damp shirt. And his hair. How hairy was he? But why's shit so bad for you? I asked, my gaze not moving from his chest as if I was talking to his nipples. How hard can shit get for a priest? But.. uh, I mean...I think there's some vodka left over from the party.. help you forget whatever's bad if you want.

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:12 pm

I stared confused at the bottle in my hand. I was not confused at the bottle, but at what he had said. Was that a metaphor that I was just incapable of understanding? Of all the things I did with my life, what would make him think funerals would be the hardest part? I was not insensitive to them, but that was barely anything compared to the things I had seen. Things that maybe he did not know the details of, but they had been heavily implied in the past. Not... Quite? I hesitated, admittedly embarrassed that it might have been a metaphor that I had missed the true meaning behind.

The smell from his cigarette filled my senses nearly instantaneously. I was not a cigarette smoker, but the smell made me wish I had brought one of my cigars to go with my drink. My eyes traveled to his hand, then up his arm, where something was stuck against his skin, and then back down to the cigarette in his hand. I would not say a word, but taking a picture of him now would build quite a campaign against the usefulness of the patch. After this is gone, I agree. I held up the bottle before taking another drink.

I do not know... He was fine, or at least he seemed fine. If nothing had happened, and if it had, then there was a good chance I would have already known about it, then what could possibly be wrong? Something felt off, something felt disconnected. Was he angry with me? If he was I doubt he would have invited me in and given me something to drink. So what was it? The more I thought about it the more my mind began filling in the blanks with the worst possible scenarios, and the more that happened, the more I needed to know what was going on, what he had been doing since we last spoke.

It seemed I did not even have to ask, because he was beginning to open up, and for the first time tonight I had all of my attention on him, I was alert, waiting for his explanation. But then he pulled back and I turned my eyes back to the bottle. It was not easy for him to open up all of the time, I accepted that, but I had thought we had jumped that hurdle quite some time ago. I had thought he was comfortable speaking openly with me now. Maybe I was wrong.

Try. It was not a command, it was not a question, it was just a word, because I really did want him to try to explain what was going on with him, but I did not want him to feel obligated to tell me. It was hard, because I wanted him to want to tell me without having to ask, but that was not an option tonight. That was not a possibility, it seemed. Work and life I understand, it is the shit part that I am curious about.

Nothing important really, just some problems with the organization... Or at least, I am the problem. I am their problem it would seem. I kept my answer short, not wanting him to move on from what he had started to say earlier, not wanting to pull focus. If I can be honest with you, I have found it a bit odd that we have been out of contact. I know you have no obligations to me, but it is not like you to disappear from my life. I have been rather concerned, not with you, but with what could have possibly happened in the time since we last spoke. Maybe I am just being paranoid, but I can not help but worry about my friends. I do not have many as you know, so maybe I am a bit over protective... I really did not want to anger him, not now. I really did not want to make him uncomfortable either, but I needed to know, I had to know what was going on.

I think we might both need that.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:15 am

Helios obviously didn't understand it - I had tried. I didn't even know how to explain it properly. I just did. I dunno.. it's just, it's nothing, just this weird feeling sometimes, I dunno what to call it. It's probably because.. I wasn't drinking as much coffee before it happened or something. Or alcohol... I dunno. But I said, it's nothing...

What, the church? That must have been what he meant by the 'organisation', even if that made it sound more like a shadowy crime ring than a religious order. The other priests don't like you? Fuck.. that must suck.

I stared at Helios and he might as well have been speaking Spanish for all the sense he was making. No, I'd have been able to understand Spanish more than whatever point he was trying to make. Uhhhh... I mean, well.. it's only been a.. few weeks? Or had it been longer? I couldn't remember and I didn't exactly want to admit I'd been avoiding him - not when I wasn't even sure why. I mean, what the fuck's meant to have happened? I'm not gonna get hit by a fucking car or shit again so... I shrugged and shifted off the couch, heaving myself up and over towards the liquor cabinet. I retrieved a bottle of vodka but didn't get glasses, not remembering about them until I'd sat back down and not being bothered enough to fetch them. I placed the bottle between Helios and I and picked my cigarette up from the dish. I glanced back to Helios. What if he'd worked it out. It wasn't like I was trying to avoid you or shit. I added, looking everywhere around the room but him as I spoke, I've just.. been... busy... you don't need to worry or shit. I mean, what the fuck is there to worry about? Friends don't need to worry or shit about each other... they should have fun together. Y'know, I was gonna invite you to the party but I lost my phone.. when I went to stay at a friend's or shit... I frowned, struggling to remember what had happened and unable to, gave up, waving the line of thought off, And your number was on it. And I didn't want to go to the church but.. fuck, I mean, I didn't know if you'd enjoy it but now I feel kind of bad. I took a drink from my beer and realised something, turning to Helios with a frown. And.. I mean, if you were worried I mean... why didn't you contact me? It's not my fucking... responsibility or shit. I up-ended my bottle at that thought.

Whether he'd been having a tough time at the church or not, what I sensed Helios needed was to relax. With all his worries so far Helios seemed like he was going to bring everything down rather than help me relax and the solution to that was getting him to relax. It seemed like he was worrying about everything. Whether he'd have enjoyed the party didn't matter - he could still loosen up a bit and enjoy himself anyway, which is what I planned to do. There didn't need to be a party for alcohol to be involved and I was sure alcohol was the cure to most of everyone's problems.   You need to.. worry less, drink more. I instructed, opening the bottle of vodka and taking a sip straight from it, pushing it into Helios' hands after. Here.

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:29 pm

He was making no sense, and not in the usual way Lenny did not make sense. This was not just a typical case of Lenny, or myself taking something the other said out of context. He was literally making no sense. Weird feelings and something about coffee? I did not understand it, I could not even begin to decipher it. What? No, that is not- I took in a deep breath and exhaled, trying to allow myself to relax as I decided I was not going to correct him.

It has not been a few weeks Lenny. I took another drink from my bottle and stared ahead. I had assumed, which was probably not wise, but I had assumed coming here would have been different than it was. That he would explain and then I would explain and we could go on talking like we normally did but things just felt more complicated than they needed to be, and maybe I was contributing to that complication.

Hit by a car? What? Lenny... It was such a random thing to say, but I knew better. Nothing Lenny said was just random, it all tied into the conversation in one way or another, I just needed to find what linked that to our current conversation. I kept talking as he got up to retrieve something, finally feeling too tired to keep avoiding his negative emotions. It has been longer than a few weeks, and what is this business about being hit by a car?

Friends do not need to worry, you are correct, but they do worry. Especially considering our friendship is not exactly... Conventional... It is more involved, it is more complex than most. And I did not expect an invitation to your party, I am not exactly the party type. Do not worry about that, do not feel bad. Lenny rarely insulted me, and I was using up my ''bad past few weeks'' excuse. But I could not help but frown and actually feel hurt that he would say it is not his responsibility. It felt mostly like he did not care at all, and maybe this was his way of saying we needed to keep things professional. Which I was not exactly opposed to. It was safer for him that way anyway.

I took the bottle from his hands and took a drink, and then another before passing it back to him. I have tried to contact you, but I will admit there was a period of time when I was physically incapable and left with my own worry. I am sorry.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:52 pm

Well... I dunno, a month or shit. I was beginning to feel really guilty, shifting in my seat and glaring ahead. I just wanted to relax and have fun and forget about the weird feelings I'd tried to describe, not have some priest turn up and practically lecture me. Maybe I should have called, maybe I should have done something.. but I purposefully hadn't because I couldn't figure it out. Even with Helios it didn't add up. If I didn't think then it felt.. right. It felt normal, which was the strangest thing because I hadn't felt 'normal' in weeks. But then when I did think, when I tried to explain it.. it literally made my head hurt. How was I friends with a priest? What was it all even about? The worst thing was that Helios looked so upset by the whole ordeal and the feeling part of me hated it.

Y'know.. don't you know? I thought I told you.. uh, I was hit by a car a while back. I gestured to the scars covering my neck and torso as explanation. And I mean... that's probably the shittiest thing to happen to me in Index but... well I dunno, I hope it doesn't happen again? What did he think I meant by it? I shook my head and didn't bother going any further into it. As much as I tried to act aloof my mind was still on my relationship with Helios - why I hadn't called, why he'd been so desperate to call me. He'd been worried and that wouldn't stop niggling something inside of me.

I couldn't take it any longer. Look, I just.. I dunno, I can't explain it and I couldn't remember why we were even friends, I mean.. not in that way, shit, this sounds wrong but.. before you came here, it just didn't make sense- I broke off, having gone into a rant before taking the time to comprehend Helios' words. When the meaning hit me I stopped, mouth open, looking at him finally with an amount of realization. Did he mean...? You mean... you want our relationship to be more... involved? I asked, leaning towards him on the couch. I couldn't remember us actually doing anything explicitly sexual but maybe that was what the 'friendship' was leading up to. I looked him over again, eyebrows raised. ..huh. Well, shit. Now it makes sense! I took a swig from the bottle of vodka. And why the church is upset with you too.. fuck, finally. I laughed a little, taking another swig and enjoying the moment of clarity. Was this the weird feeling I'd been unable to describe? If where my relationship with Helios was before had made me confused, there was no longer any problem because he'd made it clear where he wanted it to be. Or as clear as a probably closeted priest could, anyway.

I shifted so I was facing Helios, leaning my elbow on the back of the couch. What? Well.. yeah, me too, I'm sorry. But we're here now, yeah... we can make the most of it... I reached out and put a hand on his shoulder, tilting my head to the side and watching him properly, judging his reaction. It might not have been Jesse which didn't seem like a bad thing at all when I considered the man in front of me, but maybe I was still getting some tonight.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics