setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Knock Three Times

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:35 pm

Thread Details

Lenny's | Storming | After Dark

Flashback''You think you're a man? You're not a man, you're a killer, just like me.'' The fire had swallowed everything. It was the first time I'd seen human, witch, vampire, and wolf die at eachothers side like mortals. Their offspring, demons but still children, I could hear their cries. I fought back the urge to run after them, to save them. Each scream was horrific, I could feel their pain and I covered my ears in an attempt to mute their suffering. But their homes were still engulfed in flames. I could not hear them as clearly, but I could see them. I did not know it would escalate, I could not remember how we ended up here. How did things get so out of hand. ''We're the same priest. You and I are the-'' It did not take much effort, severing his head from his body. He was already weakened, unable to heal from the silver bullets that had pierced his heart. We are not the same. I tried to leave the irony with him when I walked away, but it followed me, even if I did not realize it. And as my feet carried me away from the heat of the burning buildings, my eyes caught a mailbox at my side. I had thought nothing of it, but the image of it's untouched metal stayed with me. As insignificant as it was, I could never forget the mailbox that did not burn. Such an ordinary object, standing tall in an extraordinary and destructive place.

Night had come. And here I stood, beside his mailbox staring at the front door some feet away with one hand in my pocket, and another holding up my umbrella. His home did not look as I remembered. It felt like a lifetime ago, when I came for dinner and left feeling... Strange. Maybe it was a lifetime ago, maybe that was why it looked so rundown in comparison to how it had looked before. Or maybe I was not seeing it clearly. Maybe my own mood was compelling me to see something less beautiful than I remembered simply because my life was less beautiful. Maybe I was no longer seeing the forest for the trees. As silly as that was, it made the most sense.

I looked down at my feet when I felt something, a cat, rubbing up against my leg. Its fur was completely drenched in rain water but still it purred and meowed at me. How can you be so happy while the world is pouring down on you? I asked, not feeling one ounce of silliness for attempting to have a conversation with a cat. All I got was a single meow in response before thunder roared through the skies above, and when I looked down, my feline friend had disappeared.

I sighed, and reached up to pull the collar from around my neck and shoved it into my pocket before walking towards the door. I shook off my umbrella and propped it up against the outer wall before ringing the doorbell, and then knocked three times.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Knock Three Times

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:43 am

OOC Message

Outfit (no socks or footwear)

I tapped some ash into the temporary ash tray - one of the saucer's belong to some fancy teacups Avery had - when the doorbell rang. I jolted the saucer off the couch arm in surprise, jumping up as ash spilled everywhere. Fuck! I stared down at the mess on the carpet, decided it wasn't hot enough to make a mark and turned my attention to the door instead. Three knocks followed the doorbell and I sighed. It was obviously someone who wasn't going to leave if I ignored them, but it didn't mean I was going to get dressed for them either. They were the one interrupting my evening.

I started towards the door, my footsteps getting lighter as I wondered if it might be Jesse turned up for a booty call. He usually texted first but fuck - I wasn't going to turn that down. I balanced my cigarette in the side of my mouth as I unlocked the door, swinging it open to see...

The last person I'd been expecting.

...hey. I said, taking another drag on my cigarette and taking my time as I took in his appearance. Helios. The priest. The guy I'd apparently become some sort of friend with, had been doing work for at the church and even gone on vacation with, for some reason I hadn't been able to explain to myself no matter how hard I tried. The same guy I'd been avoiding for that very reason.  

And yet with him in front of me I didn't feel as awkward as I expected. It felt... familiar. Comfortable. I leaned against the door, rubbing at my chest as the cold atmosphere outside began to encroach. A clap of thunder rolled through the street. Uh.. you wanna.. come in or something? I asked, still staring at Helios, still trying to work it out. Your hair's longer. I said suddenly, noticing it looked different. Uh.. but.. yeah, come in. I pushed myself off the door and held it open for him, still watching with curiosity. One thing was for sure. I hadn't been imagining how hot he was.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:44 am

I had honestly expected Avery to answer. I would not say I had called Lenny as much as I should have, but that was never really a problem because I saw him so frequently. But not hearing from him, and not seeing him around had me worried. I was torn when I was called back home, in fact. Leaving this town without hearing from Lenny, while out of my control, was not an easy thing to do. It would be a lie if I said it was not constantly on my mind either, the things that could have happened to cause him to disappear from my life.

When the door opened I swallowed hard. I had that feeling inside of me, the one you get right before something awful happens. One part nervousness, and another part fear. I had to force myself to keep my eyes straight ahead, to greet whomever greeted me with eye contact. But I did not want to see, in fear Avery would be on the other side. I did not fear her, but more what her presence could possibly represent, that Lenny was not here, that Lenny was not anywhere.

But it was not her. It was him, and as much as I anticipated being angry at the sight of him because of my own worry, I was not. I could not be. I heard everything he said, but I myself said nothing in response. I simply took one step forward and wrapped my arms around him for a hug. Both for him, and for myself. For my worry, and because aside from our lack of contact, I guess I needed it. My past few weeks had not been pleasant.

I am sorry. I muttered, clearing my throat in between as I stepped off to the side so he could close the door. I looked around, feeling like the last time I was here, I was not even in the same house. Things looked different. Things felt different. Or maybe that was just residual paranoia. We have not spoken in some time, and I am sorry for showing up so late. I just wanted to check in and see how things are going. If he wanted to talk about our lack of contact, he could, but I was not going to push it. Not yet anyway.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:51 pm

I hadn't been expecting the hug and so when it happened it practically knocked the air out of me and I just stood there awkwardly, taking in what was happening before slowly wrapping my arms around Helios too. He smelled vaguely of some sort of spice, again familiar and I might have noted that if I wasn't preoccupied wondering what the fuck was going on. His wet jacket was making my chest itch where it touched me.

It was only when he pulled away that I remembered my cigarette and that it was no longer in my mouth. I quickly started looking round for it, visions of it setting fire to Helios' coat or even worse, something in the house. Shit.. But instead it was out on the porch step, glowing just a little on the doormat. I stamped it out before I had more damages Avery might get pissed about when she was back and closed the door behind us.

Sorry? For what? And uh, ignore the mess and shit, I had a party the other night... I said as I lead the way through into the living space, picking up my empty beer bottle from the coffee table and taking it over to the kitchen counter, placing it among the multitude of others that were lined up there. I'd clear the place up eventually, some time before Avery got back anyway. You want a drink? I asked over my shoulder, opening the fridge and getting out two more bottles anyway when I took in Helios' appearance. I had no idea what could make a priest look so much like shit, but he looked it. Maybe he figured no-one really liked the god stuff any more.

Here. I handed him one after opening and took a sip of my own. No, it's uh.. it's fine. I was just watching TV. It was still playing in the background behind us. I frowned at Helios, watching him for a second. Why did he seem so worried? Things are going... well, I dunno, things are great I guess. Apart from work.. that's sort of shit, but it's fucking work, yeah? It's gonna be shit. I sat down heavily on the couch, itched at my nicotine patch and reached for my box of cigarettes on the coffee, turning them over in my hands and thinking. I knew I wasn't supposed to.. but fuck doing what doctors said, I just wanted to live a little. I got one out and lit it, fetching the upturned 'ash tray' from earlier and placing it next to me on the couch arm again. ..how're...things... going with you? I couldn't help finding it weird that he was acting like such a friend and yet I hadn't seen him in weeks and I just couldn't shake a weird, inexplicable feeling as I watched him.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:19 pm

I took off my jacket, hung it up, and began taking off my shirt, revealing a white tee underneath. It was not like me to do something so informal in another's home, but I was uncomfortable from the rain, and there was going to be enough discomfort tonight, I was sure of it. The air was wet, and I still felt like it clung to my fabric even after I'd removed the most of it. Plus, if there was anyone in this world I felt comfortable being a little more relaxed around, it was Lenny. In fact, a part of me had always known he preferred that. He preferred it when I was someone he could relate to, and as odd as it might sound, he preferred it when I was more human.

The hug. And the mess is perfectly fine. I frowned as I said it. I did not expect an invite, nor did I want one. However the idea that Lenny threw a party while I'd been trying to contact him, while I'd been worried about his safety and well being made me feel a bit bad. He knew what was out there, he knew how we met and why we stayed in contact, and for once, I could not think of an explanation for his actions. Or more, his lack of action.

I would like one, yes. I said as I found a place to sit down on the couch, groaning as I did so. I took the drink from his hand, and from there it was bottoms up. I was thirsty, and I was not just thirsty for anything, I was thirsty for something a bit stronger. I suppose. I wanted to say more, but the only thing my mouth wanted to say was the one thing I did not want to say. At least not so bluntly. Frankly, things are bad. I muttered into my bottle, pausing in the middle to add something else. But it does not matter. I finally took my drink and stared blankly at the television. I was not actually watching, or even seeing, my mind was too occupied with other more pressing matters.

I finally turned to look at him, and I tried to smile, I really did, but I could not even force one. Is that all? Just work... Just life?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics