setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Cream On Chrome - Page 2

[Private] Cream On Chrome

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Cream On Chrome

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:05 pm

I shook her hand firmly, a believer that a handshake did reveal some about a person. Arden's hands were cold from the beer but it hadn't been a weak one. This is a little embarrassing but.. I don't drink much. It's not for lack of liking drinks, I just.. well, I don't handle alcohol too well if I'm honest. I'm a little envious of some of you that can just knock them back. I admitted, talking about the pack in general. Maybe not all wolves had a heightened alcohol tolerance but most of them seemed to, whether from being a wolf or spending most of their time in One Shot I'd probably never know. I don't envy you working here though... it gets a little.. wild at times? I asked, leaning a little closer with curiosity and then back, hoping it didn't seem like I was judging any of the pack. I cleared my throat. Anyway.. I'd still better keep on your good side if I want any soft drinks too... from the same bar and all... I was being so pathetic. Why was making conversation so difficult when wolves were involved sometimes? I never usually felt like I put my foot in my mouth, but all the conversation that was appropriate for the peers I chose to spend time with was simply wrong for wolves.

I shuffled a little on the couch, getting comfier the more friendly Arden seemed. My career choice was a conversation topic I couldn't be more comfortable with. I'm a detective on the Index force. It keeps me more than busy... totally rushed off my feet at times, but I love it. It was what I always wanted to be.

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:31 am

From the moment she sat down, it'd been clear to me that Hana was different from most wolves. It wasn't that she was abnormal but that there were so many little facets of her personality that were different from the typical wolf. But this, this blew all those other little differences right out of the water. She had a low alcohol tolerance. I mean, the wolves' main hangout was a bar. The pack master's drink of choice was Jack Daniels. It wasn't a shocker to meet a wolf that operated half-drunk most of the time. It was like, a cultural phenomenon that the wolves in the Index pack could drink, and they did.

I couldn't help but let out a chuckle, That's... actually quite refreshing. I said, still smiling. Hey, at least you don't need to worry that your drinks aren't strong enough. I said, letting out another laugh.

Heh, yeah. Not exactly what I had envisioned for my life, but drunk wolves aren't bad tippers and you always know the latest gossip. Nevermind that Sthira herself had been a piece of gossip that had made its way to me. I shrugged and gave her an easy smile. For me crazy wolves was the norm, but I could see why she might be a little intimidated at the prospect of having to serve a bunch of rowdy drunks.

A detective. Impressive. Damn, she was probably smart too. Poor girl was essentially slumming it with a bunch of rednecks, myself included. What was she even doing in this shithole when she could be having intelligent conversations over wine someplace where the couch wasn't crusty with unknown substances?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:13 pm

Refreshing? I'll confess... I've had a few reaction from wolves about that but not that one. I smiled at Arden, surprised. Maybe I'd found a haven among the rest of the wolves.. who would either make derisive comments or tease me mercifully because I wasn't swigging away at whiskey all day. Yeah, I have to worry about the opposite! I nodded, It's not great - I like a lot of alcoholic drinks so I wish I could drink more of them, but I just know I need to be careful. I'd always liked the looks of cocktails, but not how deceiving some of them could be. They'd taste so sweet and un-alcoholic that it was easy to drink plenty without realising it.

I'd seen the negative side of drunk wolves, and drunk people in general on my job so I could have been biased about how bad it could be. When you've had to deal with enough rowdy drunks in the streets it's easy to forget not everyone's like that. I said. The gossip sounds good.. you know everything there is to know about the pack then? I asked with a wry smile, glancing over to see where Ghost was again before looking back to Arden. Well, most people don't end up exactly where they'd planned when they were younger. And you still look young! But what did you envision yourself doing?

Ghost took that moment to appear with our drinks. One rum and diet coke... She said as she handed me the glass, raising her eyebrows. I wished people would stop thinking that drinking less meant I didn't want to have fun. It wasn't like that at all. She placed her own drink on the table by the couch and straightened up again. 'Just going to go to the bathroom. She explained, her floaty shawl moving gracefully with her as she moved away.

I turned back to Arden, eyeing the drink in my hands with a raised eyebrow. I wish I could detect if she asked for a double shot of rum in this. I took a small sip, trying to judge from the flavour but I wasn't accustomed enough with the taste of alcohol. Difficult to tell. And I'm not sure being a detective is impressive.. it does involve a lot of hard work but mainly, it's a service to the community. I feel like I'm just doing my part really. I shot her a smile again and went in for another, very tiny sip of my drink.

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:17 am

I laughed as she described her woes, Trust me, a high alcohol tolerance isn't necessarily a good thing, and I wouldn't worry too much about the other wolves. A lot of them are fairly decent... it's just the pack mentality that gets 'em. I wasn't about to just dump some of my personal shit on her or anything, but I knew from experience how dangerous alcohol could be. Considering wolf culture regarding drinking, it was probably a good thing that she had to be so careful. I lowered my voice a few notches and leaned towards her slightly, don't tell anyone, but I secretly love wine coolers. It's just my luck that who should catch me buying them but Onyx. Looking back, I actually found this humorous, despite the fact that he had found me because there'd been some kind of psycho medium shouting at him.

I think that the non-wolves can be worse than the wolves. I mean, a wolf gets drunk and it's a regular Tuesday night, but sometimes some bodybuilder asshat will come in and ignore the rules and that's when it's not so fun to be the bartender. I returned her conspiratorial smile, Maybe not everything, but if I wanted I could probably blackmail half the pack. Honestly, hearing so much gossip was sometimes frustrating because the really important stuff didn't necessarily make it to the bar, or if it did I had to mentally sort through so much of the trivial stuff just to figure out what it all meant on a deeper level. I was kind of a detective in my own right with the way I had to put clues together and make deductions about what was being left unsaid.

I didn't really want to get into how I was a bitter washed-up skiier, but she had told me about her and how she had wanted to be a detective ever since she was a child, so I figured I could at least give her the quick version of 20 Year Old Arden's Life Plans. I've loved to ski ever since I was a child so I was betting on going pro. Had I known it wouldn't work out, I might've tried to do something productive with my life other than serving drinks to drunks. Even if those drunks were my friends.

I raised my eyebrows in surprise when the pack's very own Spiritual Leader appeared and handed Sthira a drink before disappearing off to the bathroom again. We hadn't met, but there wasn't a wolf who didn't know who she was. Honestly, I wasn't so sure about her. Not that she was of dubious character - she seemed nice enough - but I couldn't really get on board with the whole prophecy thing. Having some chick who could tell the future just seemed... shady?

I chuckled as Sthira took a couple tiny sips of her drink. I set my beer down on the coffee table and held out my hand, I might be able to help you out... if you're not a germaphobe. I realized as I was saying it that she might very well be and that my joke had inadvertently insulted her. But if she was brave enough to sit on this couch she was probably brave enough to let my lips touch her glass.

Being a detective takes brains. I don't think I could ever do what you do. I said, with a shrug. My skills included, what? pouring drinks. Fixing my car. Skiing? Sleuthing was a mental activity, whereas I spent all day in a bar helping people kill off their brain cells, one by one.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:35 am

I smiled, holding back a laugh the she-wolf might have found offensive when she mentioned her love for wine coolers. I don't think Onyx is as bad as wolves say he is. I said, still smiling in amusement. The fact he'd been in my apartment drinking hot chocolate with whipped cream and grumbling about people finding out only made it more funny. It seemed he wasn't the only wolf to like something but by ridiculously embarrassed by it. But.. your secret's safe with me. I winked at her. Mine isn't so much of a secret but I can understand not wanting some people to find out. When I said 'some people' my gaze directed to Brutus and his friends.

Ah, yeah... there seem to be as many humans as wolves in here sometimes. I can't believe that they just don't know about us, it's strange to look back after being turned and wonder how many wolves I might have unwittingly crossed paths with as a human. I looked around the wolves in the bar and thought about what sort of dirt Arden might have on them. I didn't like the idea of blackmail, but it was a shame she couldn't blackmail them into doing something good - like training. Even if it was a good cause though, I couldn't condone the means. Well it only shows strength of character that you haven't. It must be tempting at times. I said with a knowing smirk - hoping she hadn't resorted to those tactics anyway.

When I looked at Arden I hadn't known what to expect, but ski-ing wouldn't have been one of my first guesses. That sounds fun. I've never been ski-ing but it must be wonderful, even competitively. Do you still ski now? I asked, tone careful. The way she'd worded it made me think there was a story there, and not a nice one. Otherwise wouldn't she have pursued her dream and be somewhere ski-ing, rather than tending a bar?

I liked things to be neat and clean but I wouldn't have called myself a neat freak - and I was overjoyed by Arden's offer. Oh - yes! I looked over my shoulder to see if Ghost was returning, or if anyone else was watching for that matter, and eagerly handed over the glass. A lot of things take 'brains'. Look at what you just thought of. I pointed out. And I don't mind at all. I sat forward on the collapsed couch, Oh, as long as you use drink from the opposite side of the glass. I added on, wondering if One Shot had any napkins out the back and concluding myself that they probably didn't.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics