setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Cream On Chrome - Page 5

[Private] Cream On Chrome

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Cream On Chrome

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:51 am

I laughed incredulously when Sthira explained what exactly had happened to Brutus. Like damn, that was hardcore - especially considering how Sthira was, or at least how she seemed to be. She was just so nice and I don't know... optimistic? She almost defied description, to be honest.

Wha-? I mumbled as Sthira grabbed my hand and we ended up in what I assumed was her house. It was... well it was pretty much what you would expect from someone who looked like she did - just generally posh and extremely feminine. We were in the kitchen, which was tastefully decorated in white and cream.

I took a massive step backwards when Sthira puked into the sink. I couldn't help it - I hated the shit. I maintained my distance but gave her what I hoped was a reassuring smile, Are you kidding? That was awesome. He totally had that coming... God, I almost forgot what a bitch he is.

The puke was gone but the smell still lingered slightly and I stepped out of the kitchen in order to get away from it and to see the rest of Sthira's place. I paused, remembering who Sthira had come into the bar with, What about Ghost? I said, not exactly unhappy that she wasn't here but curious about what she would think about the whole thing.

Back to top Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:07 pm

I was already beginning to regret my actions, much sooner than 'later'. I let out a groan and closed my eyes, my fist scrunching up the paper towel. He is, he's that and more. I said tiredly. Using my gift in such close frequency had sapped most of my energy. I pulled out one of the kitchen chairs and sat down in it. But I'm supposed to be rising above that, not stooping to his level. What sort of example have I just set? Oh my god, I'll have to apologise and... I pinched at the bridge of my nose just thinking about having to apologise to Brutus. It was the last thing I wanted to do, but after such a rash decision and obvious show of lack of respect, what choice did I have? He might have deserved it but it doesn't make me doing that right. What I'd done didn't feel right at all, even if Brutus had deserved it... really deserved it.

Oh! Damn, I completely forgot. I'd better text her and explain.. no, maybe not explain, I'm not sure I can... I pulled out my phone and quickly typed out a text. When I was finished I pushed the device onto the table and turned to look at Olympia. I'm.. sorry. I grimaced, You must think I'm a crazy person. I never usually do that sort of thing, he just grinds on my gears. Not that that's an excuse, but... My mouth settled in a firm line. Well, if he didn't hate me before he has a definite reason to now. For once I wasn't even looking forward to the next training session in any way at all.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:38 am

I'd been so surprised that Sthira had done what she did that I shouldn't have been surprised that she regretted it. This was obviously someone that had a deep appreciation for the rules, which was what set her apart from most wolves more than her posh-ness or low alcohol tolerance. I'd never had much respect for tradition, to be honest, especially not pack tradition since it was rooted in sexism - I doubted that Sthira appreciated sexism either, but I imagine that she dealt with her disagreements differently. Unfortunately, her methods were ineffective with the wolves.

There's nothing wrong with a little civil disobedience - Hell, you're practically Gandhi... granted, it's not exactly 'civil' but it was nonviolent and that's what counts. I said playfully. As for stooping to his level - you did stoop, but you didn't stoop that low.

I leaned against the arch leading into the kitchen. It was a little crazy, but like good crazy. Man, she really did feel bad. I didn't really know her that well but I didn't want her to feel bad - it wasn't like anyone had actually gotten hurt. It was just a harmless prank, really, but now she was all worried about Brutus being mad. He would be, of course, but I had no regrets about it and I would totally be there to defend Sthira's actions if I could. I didn't pull much weight politically and Brutus and I weren't really pals or anything, but I would at least try. Who cares if some asshat hates you? I say revel in your victory for now and deal with the shit as it comes.

Back to top Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:48 pm

I gave a little laugh which to Arden probably didn't sound as cynical as it did to me, but she didn't know what I knew. She had no idea what I was helping to cover up, even if that covering up was in my opinion the best for the pack. I'm hardly Gandhi. I shook my head. I still had the bitter aftertaste of vomit in my mouth and though my head wasn't spinning as it was before, I didn't feel back to normal. I reached for a glass to pour myself some water. Would you like a drink? I glanced to Arden.

No, I don't care if he hates me. This isn't about saving face or gaining favour. It's not even about how mad he'll be or how he'll most likely take that anger out on me in some way. It's the other wolves. Everything I've been saying, everything I've been trying to change.. it means nothing if I can't even follow it myself. But.. it doesn't matter, not now. I can't take it back. And you probably don't want to listen to me moaning about it anyway.

I smoothed my hair down and stepped towards Arden, weighing her up. Look, I obviously don't agree with the way Brutus and his 'gang' try and run things and would love if people agreed with me, but you weren't really a part of this. I might have been wrong to bring you back here, because now people will probably think you are. But... I'm not sure if you're worrying about it or not, but I'm not going to tell any of the pack about it - making out that you are involved, or that you're not - I think that's up to you to decide. And that you know I don't expect you to 'side' with me or anything of that nature just because you're here now. It seems like you're not the biggest fan of Brutus, maybe even the way things work round here, but I understand it's different to voice those feelings. And that you might get treated differently, unfavorably, especially by Brutus in his position for voicing them. I don't really want you to get scared off because of his tactics because that's why he does it, really, but you should know that is what he does. There's parts of the pack, especially the male part, that he has some weird control over. I don't know how or why but a lot of the other wolves listen to him, respect him even. Maybe from a shared hatred of Onyx? I personally can't see any real reasons, but the ones who do side with him don't exactly take the time to explain their stance to me.

I flicked my hair back over my shoulder. Anyway, if you want I can try and teleport you back to the bar so it doesn't seem like we were in this together. I should have asked more really, but I didn't want to stick around too long for it all to kick off. A fair fight I can manage, a bar full of angry, drunk wolves? Not so much. Still, it's up to you. I didn't want it to seem as if it was an issue of choosing sides for Arden, but in a way it was. The choice between staying with the old, unquestioned traditions of the pack, or of thinking about change.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:48 pm

I realized that my beer was no longer in my hand, probably because I'd set it down right before Sthira had teleported us here - something I was regretting now that I was actually here. I'm fine thanks

I understand. I'd been right in thinking that Sthira probably went about changing things in a different way than I did.

From what I can tell, they all love Odin and how easy life was for the pack when he was alive. A lot of them don't think Onyx is the rightful pack leader. Honestly, I'm really not into those kinds of politics and I'm definitely not an Odin-worshipper, although I'm not Onyx's biggest fan either. The pack isn't happy right now and Brutus is taking advantage of that.

I shook my head but smiled at her, I don't care if they know that I'm against Brutus. I don't care if they think I had a hand in what you just did. It's not like I was ever trying to make them think any differently to begin with. Don't worry about me. I think I'm just gonna find my way home the old-fashioned way. Maybe we can talk when you're feeling better?

I was still supporting myself against the entrance to the kitchen, but I gave a slight push and shifted my weight entirely onto my feet. Thanks for that bit of excitement though. Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll make people realize that Brutus really is a piece of trash.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics