setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Cream On Chrome - Page 4

[Private] Cream On Chrome

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Cream On Chrome

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:22 am

Bartending is still a real job. I went to give Arden a tap on the arm but stopped, thinking the gesture, while meant in a friendly manner, might be too familiar. I smiled sheepishly and let my hand drop, using it to sweep my hair back a second later. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself about it. Do you.. really not like it? I asked as gently as I could. I gave a small shrug, trying to skirt around why my 'workload' was so big. Hopefully... I've just got a few more cases than usual, some.. complicated ones, but I really hope they're all sorted out by then. The 'Sam' situation had better be resolved by the time it snowed or I'd have to rethink my own career choice - how good a detective I was if I couldn't even help my old friend, and my Alpha. They should be. They will be... think positive, hm? I smiled.

This was the difficult part of the warning and why I felt a lot of wolves weren't really heeding it. They didn't know how serious it was and the warning Onyx and I had made up didn't seem to be strong enough. I smiled, sad, my lips tight as I looked Arden over with a frown. I don't know that's what the families of the wolves who have gone missing, suspected of being attacked by these vampires, would think... maybe on some level, I suppose - survival of the fittest. But it's hardly that when groups of vampires appear to have been purposefully picking wolves off? Even on the edges of the forest? Or at least, I smoothed a hand through my hair, giving a small smile, hoping my quickened heartbeat wasn't too obvious, or might simply be put down to a fear of vampires - and not anything more. That's what I've heard. I figured - better safe than sorry, don't you think?

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:30 am

I took a sip of my beer and shrugged, I guess that depends on how you define 'real'. I said with a laugh. I don't dislike it, but it just feels like I'm kind of... stuck. I said with a shrug. I wasn't sure I wanted to get into this with her, either. I mean, we barely knew each other and I wasn't really sure she would understand anyway. She was obviously smart and put together and was doing something valuable with her life. I hung around with a bunch of rednecks serving drinks. I didn't have any skills that would be useful to get another job where I actually felt like I was doing something with my life. Bartending was fun but it just wasn't something that I wanted to spend my whole life doing. I was competitive and ambitious and that made it difficult to imagine doing the same low-level job for the rest of my life.

I could see where Sthira was coming from, but I didn't entirely agree with her. It just wasn't in the nature of the pack to stay away from the forest just because they were told that vampires were attacking wolves. Vampires and wolves have been fighting since our races came into existence. I didn't know what the families of the missing were thinking except that just because you were sad someone was gone didn't been that you couldn't see that maybe they were a little bit in the wrong to go into the forest alone after it had been announced that vampires were attacking wolves. Of course vampires have been purposely picking wolves off - vampires love wolf blood and hate wolves. But the pack isn't exactly helpless. I've fought vampires before, and I imagine others have as well. Even if not, we are all adults and are responsible for our own actions. If you ignore a warning against going into the woods and go anyway and get attacked by a vampire, that is the consequence of your own decision.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:34 am

In a way it seemed light conversation, although perhaps the topic was a touch deep and too personal for that, but I felt it was something important to Olympia. I didn't want to reveal it but many of the wolves I'd met in the pack seemed to underachieve, not even due to society's expectations, but to their own. That things were how they were - stuck - and it was too much effort to change it. I didn't see myself as a white knight per se, but the idea of inspiring or motivating any of them filled me with a fuzzy, pleased warmth.

Well, I don't think there's anything wrong with bartending, but I do think it's important to enjoy your job. I haven't any personal experience but people tell me the community college in town is good, so that's always an option if you wanted. I gave a small smile. I didn't want to come off as if I thought she should better herself - it wasn't my place to decide that for her, especially when we'd just met.

There was just no easy way to explain why wolves should avoid the forest and it was beyond frustrating. I let out a little sigh and forced a smile, struggling to think of something to say. Yes but.. it must be bad for Onyx to issue a warning, right? Maybe they're particularly strong vampires...

I was cut off by a large hand slamming down on the back of the couch. Brutus leered down at me, looming over. 'Still goin' on about that vampire crap? Time to get off the pack master's dick, Sthira. Brutus sneered out my name somehow, making it sound more like a curse word.

I'm not, you damn well know that, but if he's warned everyone to avoid the forest then there must be a reason-

Brutus' laughter cut me off, echoed by laughter of other wolves from the bar as they followed his lead. Maybe he's made his Princess Warlord a cosy cottage to fuck her in and doesn't want us disturbing, heh? Not that I'm complaining... haven't missed that bitch's presence since she cleared off. It's not vampires threatening this fucking pack, its reasoning like females can be warlords that's going to get us killed. Right?! He turned round to face the rest of the bar, all of who were listening to the show stupid Brutus was putting on. I said nothing, knowing it would do no good, just fixed him with a disapproving stare. And then he did it. He nodded his chin up, a cocky, sleazy grin over his lips as he looked me up and down, making his opinion on exactly where he wanted females to be fully known.

I jumped up and grabbed his shoulder. Maybe it's your lack of respect that's threatening the pack. I couldn't resist retorting, before imagining in my minds eye the perfect place.

The strong scent of garbage hit my nostrils just a second, enough for me to know I'd teleported us to the right place. Brutus fell forward into the heap of garbage at the disgusting landing site as soon as I let go of him, and I didn't stay to watch his reaction, even if it would have been hilarious. I just heard an infuriated yell as I teleported back, the sound still in my ears even as I appeared back in One Shot.

My hair was messy with flyaways but for the moment it didn't bother me. I just held out my hand to Olympia. Want to get out of here? I said, quickly and out of breath, using the absence of their leader Brutus and the wolves' surprise to my aid before they started retaliating. One thing was for sure - I didn't want to stick around.

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:19 am

I laughed, trying to imagine myself going back to community college. Now that was something that had been even less likely than being a pro athlete from the very beginning. Both my parents had gone to real universities and before I'd gotten into skiing I'd always figured I'd at least go to one like them. I couldn't really see me, a 27 year old bartender heading back to a community college to study... what? What would I even study if I did go back to some commuter college. I'm not sure about that... but thanks for the advice.

I didn't know why she was so hung up on Onyx's warning. Last I checked Onyx knew that none of the wolves listened to him... and that it was his own fault. And vampires had been a concern then too, and Onyx's desire was the the wolves train more in order to fight them. Why would he suddenly start asking the pack to hide? I highly doubted it was because he gave a rat's ass about the feelings of the families of the missing wolves like Sthira here, who definitely lived up to her reputation.

I opened my mouth to respond but was interrupted by Brutus, the asshole warlord. Why? Do you want a turn? I said, in response to his bitching. Sthira's response was certainly much more mature, but neither one of us seemed to have much effect.

Hey asshole... I started to give him a piece of my mind about his stupid ass rant against women. Peyton had been a perfectly good warlord... just because I hadn't seen her in a while didn't mean she was hiding. Plus anyone who had ever met her or Onyx knew that there was no way she was off hiding or that he had hidden her. Like, at least make an effort to sound reasonable. Unfortunately, I lost my opportunity to verbally kick his ass when both he and Sthira disappeared.

When she reappeared - sans Brutus - I couldn't help but stare open-mouthed. What... what happened? I glanced around the bar, wondering if Brutus was still here and I had somehow missed his return. Where's Brutus?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:38 am

No problem. I smiled widely, my eyes almost closing. Had I found a wolf that wasn't going to mock me at every turn? It was beginning to feel like it and it made all my limbs and body feel light.

Brutus, though, was enough to make me feel as heavy as a lead weight. I felt like his attitude was what weighed down on the whole pack. I winced at Arden's response to him, having a feeling she couldn't be more right. Maybe I hadn't been wrong rejecting Brutus when he'd first propositioned me, but the way I'd done it and effectively humiliated him in front of his friends might have been. I could see that now, and yet his boneheaded sexism still made me mad every time.

Brutus is.. getting better acquainted with the town garbage dump. I said matter-of-factly, glancing over to his posse who had all stood up and were looking around the area Brutus had disappeared from with childlike confusion. It wouldn't take too long for their drunken brain cells to kick in and realise what I'd done, so I grabbed Arden's hand. Close your eyes, it helps. I said quickly, before imagining home.

We appeared in the kitchen of my apartment and the first thing I did was throw myself towards the kitchen sink, hurling up my stomach contents into it. The trip to the garbage dump had been far enough on its own but combined with another teleport straight after it was bad news for my body. I groaned a little, sure the alcohol I'd had before hadn't helped. It might have only been a little but I felt certain the burn I could feel up my throat had been that.

I turned on the tap to wash down the sink. I'm going to regret that later. In fact, a part of me already does. I said. My hands shook as I ripped off a piece of kitchen towel and used it to wipe at my mouth.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics