setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Cream On Chrome - Page 3

[Private] Cream On Chrome

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Cream On Chrome

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:21 am

I didn't disagree with her words, but at the same time I wasn't really sure what specific aspect of Onyx's personality she was referring to nor did I really want to discuss him with her. I'd thought some things about him and they'd been wrong, and now I wasn't really sure what to think. I still thought that there were some mistakes that he was making, but at the same time I knew I was missing the big picture and that the only way I would really be able to examine his actions with clarity would be if he were to give me the missing pieces of the puzzle, which I did not see happening.

I followed Sthira's gaze to where a group of wolves that were particularly known for being assholes were sitting, Those guys are assholes and everyone knows it - don't worry about what they think. I said to her. I doubted that my words would actually change anything, but they were true nonetheless and I felt kind of bad that they would be assholes to Sthira over something stupid like how much she drank.

I'm glad that humans are so oblivious, just makes it that much easier to keep it under wraps. I said, thinking about Landon. He knew that something was up, but he would never in a million years guess that I was a wolf. Werewolves didn't exist in his world, it was impossible for his rational mind to decide that that was what was up with me. I didn't love lying or anything, but it was simpler to tell him that I was going to a friend's house or come up with some other excuse every full moon than to try to share an entire aspect of my life that he wouldn't understand. Plus, I doubted he would believe me even if I tried to tell him.

To be honest, I've never seriously considered it. There wasn't really anything that I wanted that any wolf could give me that would be worth blackmailing for. What was I going to say? "Give me better tips or I'll tell your secret?" That was silly. There were things about my life that I didn't like, but they were generally the things that nobody could change.

Speaking of things that I couldn't change, Honestly, there's nothing quite like it. I said, imagining the feeling of fresh powder underneath my skis as I flew down a mountain. Not like I used to, but I try to hit the slopes in the winter when we get a good snow.

I chuckled and accepted the glass from Sthira, gingerly taking a sip just big enough to get a good read on how much alcohol was in the drink then I laughed and handed it back to her, I think you're good. then I shrugged, I don't know how much brains it takes to say, 'hey I'm a bartender I can probably figure out how much alcohol is in your glass' I said with a chuckle.

Back to top Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:47 am

I gave a little sigh and looked round at the wolves in the bar around us before lowering my voice. I didn't know too much about Arden yet, but it seemed I'd met a like-minded thinker. I don't care what they think about me, but it's not that simple. And while everyone knows what they're like, the pack still go along with what they do and no-one outright opposes them, do they? I pointed out. At the end of the day, Brutus was a warlord, a strong one at that, who had no problem throwing his weight around and took the pack life and wellbeing as much of a joke as he could get away with. He was one of the wolves who would probably spend twenty-four hours a day in One Shot if he could and near enough that anyway.

Yes, I suppose that's true. I agreed, my mind still on more important matters. If only wolves were as easy to keep in order as humans. The pack had been told to avoid the forest at all costs but I was sure a lot of them hadn't heeded the warning and were sneaking out there still.

Well, that's good. I'd hate to have to talk to your on a professional level if you started blackmailing the pack. I giggled a little, relaxing onto the filthy couch a little. I'll have to try ski-ing sometime if it snows enough here to do it. Just if I get a little spare time... There was always so little of it, that was the problem. Any hobbies I'd have liked to have ended up pushed away by my work.

When Arden took a small sip and then handed it back I realised there'd been a miscommunication. Oh. I think I misunderstood you - I thought you were going to drink some of it for me so it'd look like I'd drunk it. I held the glass awkwardly, trusting Arden's opinion but still not thrilled to have to drink it. I usually just try and lose it somehow, but never mind. So you can really tell how much alcohol's in a glass just from a sip?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:39 am

I considered Sthira's words. The pack was full of assholes, sure, but it had never bothered me in the way that it did her. To me it was just wolves being wolves, shitty behavior is inevitable. Hell, I used to be just like them - getting drunk all the time, not giving a single shit. To me, the ones they were hurting most were themselves. Besides, after talking with Onyx it seemed that what the pack lacked most was good leadership. Not that Onyx was a horrible leader but that the decisions made by Odin combined with the decisions being made by Onyx had led to the pack becoming lazy and not really understanding fully what was going on or what it meant to be a wolf. The pack has its problems, but I think it goes deeper than just a bunch of assholes being shitty and I don't think it's entirely their fault.

I laughed, Yeah, I don't think you really need to worry about that. Although it was hilarious to think about being arrested and meeting Sthira at the police station like "hey, how's it going. Oh, me? Yeah, I'm great, just getting arrested, no biggie."

Oh, hell yeah. I think everyone should try it at least once. Sthira didn't really seem like the type who was really into extreme sports or anything (not that beginner's level downhill skiing was super extreme) so it was cool that she wanted to try it. Hey we could probably go together sometime if you wanted, I could show you the ropes so you don't have to do one of those skiing lessons where it's you and a bunch of families and a shitty instructor. I said, laughing just thinking about her trying to learn while surrounded by a bunch of kids who couldn't ski but thought that they could and their parents.

I couldn't stop myself from laughing pretty deeply at what Sthira had thought. Nah I wasn't going to drink your drink for you, but I can tell you how strong your drink is... at least a general guess. I can't tell you the exact ratio or anything but there is a difference in flavor between one shot and two. Anyway, you don't have to drink the whole thing, obviously.

Back to top Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:35 am

No, no.. you're right, but I wasn't saying it doesn't go deeper. It's not all their fault, but at the same time everyone has a choice how to act, regardless of anything else going on. I so wonder if some of these wolves have ever even realised they have a choice though... I took another sip of my drink, wishing it was a caffeinated beverage instead of an alcoholic one, and sighed. I didn't particularly want to get into a debate with Olympia when we'd only just met, but I wasn't going to back down over something I felt strongly about either. I had a feeling that was one of the things that had been causing rifts between I and certain parts of the pack.

I placed my drink back down on the coffee table, feeling disappointed Olympia couldn't have simply drunk it, and wondered where Ghost had gotten to. I glanced towards the bathroom again before turning back to Olympia. I'd love to try ski-ing.. when my workloads not such a mountain, anyway. My smile didn't quite meet my eyes, but it wasn't my work that was the cause of it. There was so much more that Olympia had no idea about going on, that would make a simple ski-ing trips up the mountain potentially dangerous. For us going out there, and for everyone else if I wasn't spending my time elsewhere. Not only did I have cases piling up but Onyx and I had other things to sort out too. I even felt a little guilty spending my time in a bar when there was so much to do. I'd been looking at the evidence and trying to piece it together so much though, that I felt any more and I'd just be thinking in circles and I'd be driven as mad as the whole situation was. I'd still love to.. in a month or so if that works for you? Hopefully the forest will be safer by then. I mused out loud, my gaze drifting over the room before snapping back to Olympia. Safer from vampires. I was thinking about the warning Onyx issued about vampires, hopefully the problem might be sorted out bu then. I quickly explained, I've been worrying actually, that some of the pack haven't been taking the warning very seriously and keep going into the forest anyway. What if someone gets hurt? I know not everyone likes Onyx but.. isn't this serious? He's only trying to protect people. Or we were only trying to protect people.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:59 am

To be honest, I was kind of lost. I thought that the wolves were generally lazy and hardheaded, but I wasn't about to go give some speech about how everyone has a choice or whatever. In fact, I wasn't even sure what choice she was talking about. What did it matter if they were assholes? It wasn't cool, but I didn't think it was some major problem where the wolves were being pressured by other wolves into being assholes, and I certainly didn't stand for it. Uh, right... I wasn't entirely clear on what she was talking about, and honestly I didn't really feel like discussing whatever it was.

Oh yeah, you definitely gotta try it... I didn't really think about your work though. I mean, it's not a problem for me but you have a real job so... I laughed, It's better to wait for a good snow anyway. Maybe snowy weather would mean less crime, eh? I suggested jokingly.

Now I was really mystified. There'd always been vampires in the forest and pretty much all over Index, and it'd never been a problem before. I mean, you didn't want to go alone or you might not come back with your blood still inside your body but hell, I'd encountered vamps with Onyx and it hadn't warranted him issuing a formal warning or whatever. Vamps? I didn't think it was that serious. I mean, we are wolves - we're designed to fight them. Only an idiot would go alone. I guess that's how natural selection works though, isn't it?

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics