setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Cream On Chrome

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:45 pm

Thread Details

Clear & Chilly | 9 pm

OOC Message
Attire

Was it bad that I hung out at the same place I worked? Probably. Was it worse that that place was a dive? Definitely. I was tired but hadn't felt like staying in, and somehow I ended up on the couch at One Shot. Normally it was in the back room, but someone had dragged it into main bar area (I don't want to know for what) and I had used my rank both as warrior and bartender to shoo some new blood off of it and claim its entire length for myself. I was now laying on it with my head at one end and my feet at the other and a beer in hand.

The occasional wolf stopped by to chat, but I wasn't really in the thick of things - meaning I wasn't among the mix of wolves and humans that moved among the tables and bar area, drinking and joking. Despite the extremely crusty nature of the couch and the fact that One Shot eternally smelled slightly... off, I was content. I knew these people. They were all complete asses but I'd come to know them as packmates and as patrons and a few of them had even drunkenly poured their secrets out to me. Likewise, they knew me, and someone would occasionally break away from the pack to have a quick conversation with me or for us to share a joke. Life was good(ish).

#SMPOTC

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Cream On Chrome

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:40 am

OOC Message

Outfit & Hairstyle (not hair colour)

Oh, no.. thank you for talking with me. ..I'll let you know when I think I'm ready for my first prophecy. I smiled at Ghost, dreading the fact I felt as if I was lying to her. Keeping the problem with Sam a secret between Vincent and I was all good and well until I was with someone like Ghost. I knew it wasn't technically lying but it still didn't feel right to me that she had no idea what was going on. The only thing that comforted me was knowing that it was for the best, that telling her might have worse consequences than not. It wasn't going to stop me feeling guilty about it though, or worrying that if I asked for a prophecy at such a time that it might not only waste the pack's time but give me a prophecy connected with Sam that I might not want to hear.

Ghost was still lovely to talk to though, such a change from so many of the other wolves. I didn't feel I had to be so conscious of my differences in front of her.

We walked into One Shot together and she turned to me. Rum and diet coke? She asked, giving me a nudge when she saw the look on my face. She knew I wasn't a big fan of alcohol. I sighed and gave in though. Okay, go on then. I'll find some seats... I said, forcing a smile as she went off in the direction of the bar and wishing not for the first time that I didn't have the the tolerance for alcohol of a teenage girl.

The bar was busy, packed with the usual wolves and I ignored a mocking catcall from Brutus as I walked past his table. I wasn't in the mood for sitting with anyone like him. I'd much rather talk to Ghost more - finally ask where she bought her shawl for one thing, because it was beautiful. I stepped towards the middle of the room, looking out for seats. My frown blossomed into a hopeful smile when I saw the couch with only one inhabitant. I walked over, my shoes clicking on the floor apart from where it was too sticky for them to not make a sound. I tried not to think about that whenever I was there.

Hi! I smiled down at the female wolf on the couch. I recognised her from being behind the bar when I'd been in there before. Are these seats taken? I gestured to the ones taken up by her legs.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:09 am

I was so relaxed I was practically on the edge of falling asleep. In fact, my eyes were slowly drifting shut when a perky voice came from above asking if the seats on the couch were taken. I sighed and opened my eyes. Surely this was just some new blood and I could give her a firm but gentle "no" and she would be on her way. Someone had started a rumor among all the new blood that you had to be extra nice to the bartenders or we'd start charging them double and it was sad to see that it was wearing off.

But when I glanced up to see who had disturbed my fiesta the woman's appearance surprised me. I mean she smelled like a wolf, and she was in One Shot after all. But she didn't look like a wolf. She definitely didn't look like the type that frequented One Shot at all. But she was definitely a wolf, I could smell it. And wolves that looked like she did did not go unnoticed. I'd heard rumors about this one, that was she was super perky or something, I wasn't completely sure because it hadn't interested me much.

She wasn't new blood, though, so I begrudgingly moved my legs off the couch and sat up. She definitely looked way too clean to be sitting on this couch, that was for sure, Be my guest.

I watched her sit down as I took a sip of my beer, You don't come around here a lot, do you? I asked to confirm what I was already thinking.

Back to top Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:39 am

Thank you. I said with a smile, dusting off the couch cushion before sitting down on it. The condition of the couch was gross and I tried not to think about it, knowing that moving to a different seat wouldn't make a slight bit of difference when all the furniture in the bar could do with a clean and neither the owner nor patron cared if you couldn't eat your dinner off the bar stools. I'd learned to try and ignore it - and wash my clothes as soon as I got home too.

I smoothed out my shirt and got comfortable, looking to the bar to see where Ghost was. I glanced back to the female wolf when she spoke. No, not really.. My smile stayed fixed in place, overjoyed that she was being friendly, or what I considered 'friendly' for wolves, anyway. I scooted a little closer to her so we could talk better, But I'm busy with work mostly so I don't have a lot of spare time. I have been here a few times though. You're a bartender, aren't you? I was sure I'd seen the blonde behind the bar before, even if she wasn't there now. I'm Hana, or Sthira. It's nice to meet you. I extended a hand, my smile still bright on my face. I felt like I still had so much networking to do within the pack.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:25 pm

I chuckled as I watched her try to dust off the couch, as if that had any effect whatsoever. She was definitely... cleaner than most of the Index pack. Not that that was necessarily a bad thing, considering how One Shot typically smelled. I didn't consider myself an especially dirty person, but with her and her aura of cleanliness so close I felt like I needed to bathe or something. I looked frumpy in comparison to her crisp clothes and well-styled hair.

I could also confirm that she seemed to be on the perky side. She was all smiles whenever she spoke - not a bad thing in my book, but I was beginning to see why someone who might be considered completely normal in other circles had been gossiped about in mine. I was kind of curious as to how she had been turned, not that she wasn't a good wolf or anything, but because lots of wolves were turned because they were tough or had a certain persona that fit the bill. This woman was fit but didn't radiate toughness or strength that would've made her stand out to me as wolf material. Of course, I was a simple unambitious fighter and didn't really know how any decisions were made.

I nodded, surprised but satisfied that she knew what I did, Yup, I'm a bartender. So you better stay on my good side if you want any drinks around here. I said with a smile so she knew I was joking, And what is it that you do that keeps you so busy?

My hand was slightly cold from holding the beer but I put it in hers regardless, I'm Arden/Olympia. The handshake was just one more little oddity that should be normal, but was out of place here. To me it seemed formal to meet packmates with a handshake. It was juvenile but I usually went for a fist bump.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics