setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] A reunion of sorts - Page 3

[Private] A reunion of sorts

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gwen

Re: [Private] A reunion of sorts

Gwyneth Mathiasen | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:58 am

I nodded, It was nice to meet you too, Alex. I said politely, and watched him as he left. The rain had stopped, at least briefly, and I took the opportunity to make sure there was no one else around that I felt the need to speak with before leaving. Most everyone that I would feel somewhat obliged to was already surrounded by others, and since I felt my presence would be intrusive, I started for my car.

I walked slowly and carefully down the slope, my heels not getting along with the mud and slick grass, but I managed to avoid falling until I reached pavement again. I had parked near the end, of the line, and when I found my car, I saw a figure standing close to it. She was blonde, but I couldn’t yet see her face. Was she standing near my car on purpose? At first my step slowed, but then as my curiosity grew, my speed increased, still trying to figure out who it was. Finally - I was close enough to see the face… no, it couldn’t be! My heart skipped a beat, and I hoped that it wasn’t some kind of trick of my eyes as I almost began to run toward her.

Back to top Go down

Maggie Mathiasen |

Posted on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:01 pm

I watched the fine mist blow with the autumn breeze, as if some desperate ethereal spirit clawed impotently at the winding row of cars nestled at the foot of the cemetery hill.

Beads of water on the car grew larger, imperceptibly, until, having exceeded some critical limit imposed upon it by nature, rushed towards its spheroid brethren with suicidal abandon.

Holy shit, was I bored. And cold. And wet. The umbrella I had with me was useless in this weather. Give me a beach, hell, a ski slope, but this miserable mist is unbearable. This better be the right funeral, how many could there be in one afternoon in this little town? I’d really hate to resort to sending her a Facebook message. What a pitifully mundane way to make contact with a sister you haven’t seen in four years.

Glancing up the hill, moist mourners plodded down the soggy slope. Wait, is that her? I stood up on my tiptoes and squinted. Nope. Just a little old lady with white hair. Sigh. I glanced back at my rental car, wondering if maybe I should crawl back inside and crank the heater on.

I hadn’t seen Gwyneth since 2011. She was vacationing in Rome that summer and made a special trip to come and see my violin concerto in Milan. We had lunch at a restaurant overlooking the Milan Cathedral. I caught myself smiling at the thought, then I heard the footfalls of someone running on gravel. Turning to look, I saw Gwen running towards me. I tried my best to hide it, but I could not suppress my grin.

Back to top Go down

Gwen

Posted on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:52 pm

Maybe it wasn't, maybe she was just someone who looked like her, but... the closer I got there was no denying. How incredibly bittersweet it was to see my little sister not at all so little anymore. She was absolutely beautiful, even in this rain, she glowed, but the time that had passed since I'd seen her last - how long had it been? It seemed like a blink to me but she was... an adult. How did this happen? 

Finally I neared her, unable to wipe the huge goofy grin from my lips but the confusion had to be showing through my eyes. Maggie? Disbelief, just... disbelief. I gave her a quick but tight hug, and stepped back. What are you doing here? I was too stunned to even realize that my question might give the wrong impression, that I wasn't happy to see her. A funeral, of all places, and I wasn't even sure if she knew Tristan. Did you get to see Mom? or.. Dad?

Back to top Go down

Maggie Mathiasen |

Posted on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:26 pm

Hi, Gwen…

Her hug surprised me. She was even wetter than I was, but it didn’t matter. I relaxed and let myself melt into her arms. It ended before I was ready, but I took a step back and regained my composure, smiling as I pushed a lock of hair over my ear.

Oh, well, you know… partying across seven countries catches up with you eventually. I continued smiling, but studied her face. I mean, I knew coming home would be an inconvenience to everyone, but I had secretly hoped that at least Gwen would welcome me back. She looked happy, but I still wondered how much mom or dad had told her about me.

I haven’t spoken to them, yet… I think I might surprise them, too, once I get over this jet lag. Don’t let them in on the surprise, okay? I couldn’t keep her gaze any longer. I was a good liar, but it was too hard to lie to her. I looked around, quickly trying to find a better topic to discuss than my relationship with my parents or, God forbid, the weather.

So did I guess right? Is this Kia with the Stanford sticker really yours? What’d you do to piss off dad? I’d always pictured you in a Mercedes, cruising down the coastal highway.

Back to top Go down

Gwen

Posted on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:37 pm

I never knew how to take what happened to Maggie - I mean Mom and Dad sending her off to Europe, and all but forgetting she existed. In a lot of ways I was absolutely jealous. They’d tried to pawn me off, too, so the feeling of neglect had to be somewhat shared between us. But pushing me off to marry some listless musician was different than being sent to some boarding school with a name that most laymen couldn’t pronounce. Couldn’t they have found a more beneficial way to ignore me?

Don’t tell me you’ve squandered your schooling, Maggie! It was a joke, and hopefully my smile made it obvious. There was a pang guilt, a frustration on my own part that I hadn’t used more opportunities to see her while I still had the benefit of our parents’ money. Even then, it wasn’t like communication was a difficult thing. I found myself surprised she even wanted to see me. Maybe she’d understand, since she herself was at that young and careless age.

I don’t think you have to worry about that, Maggie. I’m.. well I’m surprised they haven’t told you, but I’ve… I paused, not sure really how to say it. Adults didn’t necessarily run away, did they? I’ve distanced myself from them.

The rain started to pick up again, and I found myself digging in my bag for my key fob, and I unlocked the car. and stepped to the door and opened it. Yeah, it’s mine alright. The Mercedes had to go since I had bills to pay and I can’t live on Daddy’s money forever. Do you want to get in? Out of this weather? I know it’s just a Kia but it won’t kill you. I winked and sat down in the seat, wishing I’d brought towels. Maybe we could go have coffee? Or a bite to eat? Are you hungry? I asked, leaning out the door. And really… it was the other way around. He pissed me off. I don’t know why, but I said it proudly. Like, yes, I left it all, I stood my ground. But had I? I went from my father to having a vampire sugar daddy. Not that I was going to readily admit it.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics