setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] A reunion of sorts

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gwen

Gwyneth Mathiasen | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:29 am

Thread Details

Cemetary | Cold, slight drizzle | 1pm

OOC Message
Outfit. Hair is down and in loose curls.

Tristan Redling. From what I had remembered of him, he was one of the few decent men that knew my father. He at least attempted to keep Dad in a straight line, my last memory of him was actually an argument between the two. For all I knew, they hadn't spoken since. But then again, it wasn't long before I'd parted ways myself. I hated to hear the news, perhaps it even bothered me more than I had expected it to, but for the first time since I'd left, I had the thought that I might have actually made the right decision by getting away. I'd always thought of Tristan as strong and dutiful. He seemed like someone who had always wanted to do the right thing - but how could this be the right thing?

The service had yet to start; folks were simply gathering in groups and having quiet discussions as they had during the wake yesterday evening. I had thought myself alone, until I felt the hand on my shoulder. I knew it was my mother's. I turned to look at her, God, how I missed her, and how I hated that separating myself had to mean separating myself from her too. It both saddened and angered me that she blamed it on us, how she let my feud with Dad put distance between us. But now, I set all that aside. What else are we to learn from a funeral except that tomorrow is never promised? She looked at me with a sad smile, one that said she wanted to say something, but either didn't know what to say or was afraid to say just what she wanted to say. 

I love you, Mom. I miss you. An easy statement, but not easy feelings behind it. Could she at least visit me? But then I remembered with a twist in my stomach, where? I couldn't exactly tell her where I had recently taken the direction of my life? Of course, I didn't feel like I'd steered it in the direction, I more or less fell into it. 

"Grace? A word?" My father spoke and my mother was obedient. She simply whispered, "I love you too," and walked away.

#SMPOTC

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] A reunion of sorts

Alexandros Tychon |

Posted on Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:05 pm

Alex walked up the soggy incline towards the grave site.

Why does it always rain at funerals? Alex thought wryly.

I guess it rains almost every day around Seattle. What does it say about me that I’ve lived in London, Boston and Seattle the last 5 years? Gloom at every turn.

Alex sighed, cresting the hill, and surveyed the large crowd of mourning family and friends of Mr. Redling. Almost all of them seemed genuinely saddened by the loss of this man.
It is good to see so many turn out for him. Alex allowed himself to flash a soft smile before remembering how inappropriate that may seem. I wonder… a wolf among the sheep... Alex paused and scrutinized each face closely, increasing his grip on the parcel he carried under his arm.

Back to top Go down

Gwen

Posted on Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:19 pm

It didn't surprise me that Mom had been bullied into submission. It didn't surprise me that she didn't stand up to him, even for me, but it still hurt. If Mom couldn't stand up for herself, then maybe I could. I started after the two, but I only took one step before I stopped myself, remembering where I was. I was angry, but I was still aware that this wasn't the place. This day wasn't about my loss, it was about a greater, more permanent loss for Tristan's family and friends. Instead, I looked around, wondering if there was someone else, who was alone like me. Maybe someone I knew, who didn't need to be alone. Instead, I caught a man I'd not seen before. Not here in Index, not in Seattle where I'd last seen my father with Tristan. I wondered if he felt as out of place as I did.

It only took a few quiet steps, careful, even. Why I had worn heels I had no idea, but I wasn't without experience in the practice of heels and mud. I stood to his left, not wanting to be too awkward so I didn't look directly at him. How did you know him? I made sure that I kept my tone soft and curious rather than questioning. I looked behind me before he replied, pointlessly looking to see if my parents were still present.

Back to top Go down

Alexandros Tychon |

Posted on Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:14 pm

Alex felt a presence coming near. As he turned and prepared himself to offer some words of condolence, he stopped short and his blood ran cold. He knew that feeling.

Wolf. But where?

Alex instinctively brought his hand up and rested it against the silver talisman that hung around his neck.

Her soft voice shattered the cold chill that had embraced him moments before. A twinge of sadness, or maybe anger, accented her words. Finally looking at her, he couldn’t hold back a warm smile. She was lovely -- pale and fair. Her face, struggling with some unseen emotion, turned his direction and her pained expression softened.

I… was helping him through a very troubling time. He needed my special expertise in dealing with something that was very painful for him, but… Alex trailed off, suddenly unsure how to express himself. He swallowed uncomfortably.

I offered him what advice I could, but I could not cure him. It seems, in the end, he could not bear the truth of his situation. Tristan was a man who struggled to do what was right in a world where what is right is rarely the easy choice. Alex ran his hand through his damp hair and glanced towards the grave.
Alex turned to fully face her, offered his hand and a compassionate smile. My name is Alexandros. It is nice to meet you, even under these unfortunate circumstances.

Back to top Go down

Gwen

Posted on Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:43 pm

More often than not, it was incredibly easy for me to be polite, but my one temptation was my curiosity. It made so much sense, what he had said, and I could only assume that the man was referring to depression. Or at least, that would be the best attempt for me to sate my curious nature. He was friends with my father, I explained, And I can tell something had changed. They argued, but then again, there aren’t many that get along with Dad. Especially when someone is good natured like he was.

I held my arms tightly across my chest, gripping as I was beginning to wish that I’d decided on sleeves. Even though I’d been offered an entire closet of clothing by Ásgeirr, it still didn’t feel like it was mine. I’m Gwyneth, and it’s nice to meet you as well, I said, and that same curiosity forced me to now glance at him. What a strange name, and further yet, the accent was more interesting than any I had heard ever, let alone just in this town. And his appearance told the same story - that this wasn’t his home. Had he actually traveled from.. somewhere? I felt slightly ignorant, since I couldn’t exactly pinpoint the accent, and with a second inquisitive thought bubbling on the surface of my mind, I wasn’t going to be able to resist twice.

Might I ask where you’re from? I felt the continuation of the conversation further than a few words afforded the need for me to turn my whole body, my attention now was mostly on him rather than the melancholy but typical scene before us. But I’d turned a moment too late, and noticed people were now finding seats. The ones closest to the grave, for the family, had the luxury of a small white tent, but further back, people were brushing off the beads of water before taking a seat. I don’t suppose you’d mind if I sat with you?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics