setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] Mesopotamia

[Closed] Mesopotamia

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Closed] Mesopotamia

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:08 pm

Thread Details

Desert | Clear | Midday

OOC Message
Part 1 of 3 - The paragraph in italics is a dream sequence.

I wasn't a man, I was a raven, circling above my own body and watching as the fire didn't just burn, it ripped through the trees from all directions. Swarming like water towards the lowest point in the land, the valley where my body stood like a statue of someone important. Unmoved, still. I dove down, everything in my being telling me I could lift my human body up and away from the flames if I wanted to, but no, I was diving for something else. I gripped the necklace around my human neck with my talons and ripped it away, carrying the ring high above the fire, higher and higher, trying to escape the radiating heat flames that didn't move like fire, but more like lava once it reached my human body. Something was keeping the flames from moving further. And with no where to go, they circled my being, faster and faster, creating a glowing ring around my human form as bright as the sun....

I could hear the sun. I could feel the sun. The sun filled every sense. I could smell my burnt skin and see the light through my closed eyes. A red hot ring leftover from my dream, but no, it wasn't that. It was the sun. It felt as if someone had just set off a flash bang. And when I opened my eyes I wanted nothing more but to immediately close them again. It was so bright, all I could see was white. I coughed, my throat was so dry it felt like my tongue had been inflated double it's normal size. But I heard something... It sounded like tiny grains of sand being shoved over one another. And when I exhaled through my nose again, I heard it again. I finally opened my eyes again, looking down instead of up this time, and everything came into focus. Golden grains of dirt and sand sat below me. It covered me and settled into the crevices of my clothing, it stuck to my chin and the side of my lips. I wiped it away and finally looked out ahead of me, eyes wide and jaw agape as all I could see was desert for miles and miles. This wasn't home... This wasn't even America...

How did I get here?

#SMSCTC #VinSolo

Back to top Go down

Re: [Closed] Mesopotamia

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:56 pm

OOC Message
Part 2 of 3

I shuffled in the dirt, trying to pull myself to my feet. And when I did, I did a three-sixty. Twice. There wasn't a soul in sight. Nothing but golden land and the beaming sun above. Fuck it was hot, and not just sweat hot, but it felt like my insides were cooking. I'd never needed water so bad in my entire li- ''Hello wolf.'' And there she was, standing right beside me when I know for a fact she wasn't there only moments ago. Her voice startled me and I nearly jumped out of my own skin, but instead I stumbled over the soft ground below me, nearly twisting my ankle when my entire body ended up back where it was only moments ago, in the dirt. You. I sneered, already pissed off and fully aware of how I'd ended up here.

''I apologize for the dramatics, but I needed to get you here, and you weren't cooperating. This wasn't even supposed to be our first stop, but you're heavy... And squirmy when you sleep. Bad dream?'' Take me home right now witch or I'll make damn sure I don't starve to death out here. I licked my lips, which was harder than I thought it would be. My tongue felt like dry rubber. ''Hunger wouldn't be your problem out here wolf.'' She hadn't even looked at me, not until now, not until she revealed a water bottle in her hand. I didn't even ask, I just reached for it, and half of it ended up on my face and shirt, intentionally. I was hot, I was thirsty, and I didn't know which one was more important to fix.

''I won't be here for long. This is your journey, and you have to walk it alone.'' - What the fuck you can't just leave me out here! - ''I can, and I will wolf. But not here, I will take you closer to where you need to be. But then you need to trust your instincts. You need to find your own way. Not her way, yours.'' - Jesus fucking Christ you're kidding right? Please fucking God don't tell me this is some mission to ''find myself''. This isn't a movie Pandora, this is fucking real life, this is my life, I'll fucking die out here. Take me home! ''Death is exactly why I've brought you here. Because if you don't do this, then you will die. Don't you see?'' with a flick of her wrist the ring I wore around my neck slipped out from my shirt and hovered in front of my face. ''I gave you this for a reason. Haven't you wanted to know why? Haven't you wanted to know it's purpose? Why did I give you this ring, knowing how close you are with our enemy Vincent Byrne?'' Her voice almost... Carried a melody with it. And I found myself compelled to stare at the ring hovering in front of my face. No, fuck no she wasn't going to do this to me. Fuck you and your magic, you're not gonna spell me into this shit. - ''You're not wrong. I can't, I could, but I can't. You need to do this on your own.''

I didn't even see her move this time, but the ring was moving. No, it was pulling me to my feet and towards her, and she gripped my shoulder. I blinked, one fucking blink and we were no longer in the middle of the desert, we were... In a town? Fuck it didn't look like a town, it looked run down. ''I'll take you back to your country, to your home, to your bed only after you find the purpose you're looking for. Good luck Vincent Byrne.'' - No! N- And not even in a blink of an eye thi stime, she was gone...

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics