setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] The Way of God

[Private] The Way of God

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] The Way of God

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:30 pm

Thread Details

Overcast / Windy | 5 p.m.

OOC Message
Location is actually at the end of the long, poorly paved street that leads to the church on the hill.

''...You're not fit for for your position any longer Father Tallon...''

''...Probation is too forgiving of your crimes...''

''...You've been given too many chances, and you've squandered them all...''

''...It is time you retire your daggers...''

A piece of pink paper flapped loosely in one hand, and a dagger stood unchanged in the other. If I was looking for a physical representation to aid me in my decision, this was it. I stared down at the two items, my eyes serving as nothing but a window to my thoughts. The transparency of the situation, and my internal turmoil was as clear as day. The rest of my body stayed still as my fingers barely parted, releasing the pink paper to the path of the wind. My eyes didn't follow it as the breeze carried it up towards the sky, instead, they turned to the dagger, in the reflection of it's metal, my face. I was not done, and when I found the vampire that had stolen my life away from me, and countless others, Joshua Pike was going to be in my cross hairs. He would pay for what he had done, he would pay in blood.

But that is not right. That is not what you stand for. That is not the way of God. Maybe I was beyond forgiveness. And if I wasn't, by the time I reached my grave I knew I would be. All I'd ever tried to be was good, to do the right thing, to provide council and wisdom and spare humanity the scourge of the wicked. But it seemed the more I tried to do the right thing, the more my entire being had been shoved onto the wrong path. I would not give up, I would never give up. And that was why the order to strip me of my title and resources would be ignored. I was not finished, not yet.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] The Way of God

Erika Richards | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:05 am

I watched the priest standing on his own, going through what was likely some emotional or religious self-journey, bla bla bla, boring as fuck. There were more important things on the agenda than whatever congregation member had sinned or what the new pope was driving. If he thought he had plenty to somberly muse over already, Father Helios Talon would be getting a run for his money with the bomb I'd been waiting to drop on him.

Nice day, isn't it? I said as I walked up, my voice thick with sarcasm. I rearranged my khaki jacket, the wolf journal inside, and stepped into place beside the priest. I had to hook him in fast in case he tried to follow the church's orders for none of the AOG participants to have any involvement with me until further notice.

I'll cut the crap because I doubt either of us have the time for niceties. I've got something you're going to want, and you're going to pay me a fuck ton of money and clear my name in return. Sound good? I folded my arms and smirked at him, keeping my ace up my sleeve for the time being. I'd never spent much time with the Spanish priest so I didn't know him personally, only having met him briefly at a few meetings and knowing he had a part in the AOG of Index, but I more than knew how he wasn't the closest little follower of the Church's law and not just due to the rumours whispered about him either.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:23 pm

My eyes moved to the building in the distance. The building I had spent many nights working overtime. In fact, I had worked so much it felt my life was reversed. Working was living, and living was was work. Two weeks, I had two weeks before that would no longer be true. But I saw it differently. It was not two weeks left of my career, but rather, two weeks to find myself back into the organizations good graces. Some had fought for my position, and claimed I was dedicated. They claimed I lived and breathed for the organization, and they were not wrong. But others only saw the numbers. The fact that my number of executed had significantly declined since I entered the little town didn't sit well with the blood thirsty and power hungry.

I finally opened my jacket and returned the dagger to hit's holster with a sigh. Suddenly wishing I hadn't given up the sweet taste of the recreational cigar. It would have been just the thing to offset the bitter wind. The wind... Of which carried a voice with it. I was surprisingly elated to have a conversation with an equal, something I had not experienced since before my trip. The weather is rarely comfortable in Index, I have come to realize. But no, she was not here to talk about the weather. That was apparent. There was something else in her eyes, something I could not quite put my finger on.

She was bold, but did I expect anything less from a hunter? I myself would have done well in the past to be so bold. Over confident was not what I would call her, but her posture and demeanor told me she had an ace up her sleeve, while I only had nothing but the discards of the deck, a joker. That is rather confident of you. What is this something you speak of? I was taking the bait. I wanted to think the best of her, but seeing her at meetings and collectives did not mean I knew her, even if I felt she was my ally. I tried to ignore the fact that this oddly felt like blackmail, despite it being nothing of the sort, and just looked at her, waiting for her to reveal this expensive object or information.

Back to top Go down

Erika Richards | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:46 pm

Okay, I knew the guy was a priest.. but seriously? I stared at him, unimpressed and wondering if he'd heard what I said before shaking my head and carrying on. Maybe I'd just seriously overestimated the man, maybe he was hiding how dangerous he could be and I'd read his character wrong. He could be forcing me to show my hand. Either way the whole situation felt odd.

I withdrew the journal from my inside jacket pocket, showing it to him cautiously before flipping it open, but keeping it in my hands. I wasn't too worried about a power struggle or whatever else he might attempt. I had all the power I needed, and his obliviousness simply made that fact all the sweeter. I took a moment to appreciate it before continuing. I don't think wolves are your forte, but that won't matter. This belonged to a wolf, the top wolf round this area. Pack master or whatever the mutts call themselves these days. Got some pretty intricate shit in there.. I held it out to him, not bothering to try explaining the drawings when he could just look himself. I took out a stick of gum to chew in the meantime. Way I figure it, that books worth a lot of money to a lot of people. Who knows what wolves might do to get that back? Or what certain other enemies of theirs might do to get their hands on it too. That's without even going into what any of it means. I wasn't going to pretend I had any idea what half the stuff I'd flicked through in the book meant - I didn't need to. All I needed to know was that it was important and you didn't need to study theology or mythology or any other subject that required your head to be up your own ass to work that out.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:29 pm

I stared at her, calmly. And as she reached into her jacket my mind was filled with all kinds of mysterious things she could potentially reveal. None of which seemed to interest me, or my cause. I would not call myself a selfish man, but rarely did anyone have anything of use to me. And when I saw what she held in her hands, I kept mine behind casually behind my back. But I couldn't resist, I reached forward, definitely intrigued enough to look further, and quite curious actually as to how she came to possess something so valuable.

I flipped through the pages, not pausing long enough to try and decipher a single one until a page towards the middle caught my eye. I flipped back, trying to get back to the symbol I'd seen scribbled at the center of the paper, and when I did, there was tension in my stomach. I didn't show it, but there was something about that symbol I remembered. A memory? It does appear to be valuable... Instinct told me to pass it back to her, because a deal had not been made yet, but I could not let it part from my hands.

What is it you want exactly? How much? Details. I sighed, not at all feeling comfortable with the idea of buying something from someone who I felt should part with it for the greater good, not for money. But unfortunately she was right, I did want it. I may have been on a mission to find a vampire, but that did not mean I did not have my own issues with the wolves either.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics