setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Ingrid Tupman

[Private] Ingrid Tupman

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Ingrid Tupman

Noelle Faye Benson | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:11 pm

Thread Details

Blue Lake | Foggy | Midnight

OOC Message

My heels sent an echo across the lake as I took moderately paced steps to the end of the dock. Each sound seemed to ricochet from my feet, to the water blow, and outward, bouncing across the water like a skipping rock. Now, now Noelle, internal poetry is no where near appropriate. This isn't the time for jokes. And when I reached the end of the dock, there were no jokes to be found. No, not a one because I was here for something very important. Or at least, that's what I'd been telling myself.

The girl I carried in my arms couldn't have been older than sixteen. I suppose that made her a woman, not a girl. Unfortunately she was neither anymore, and not because she was dead, but because what was left of her was barely even human. I'm so sorry you poor child. I'm sorry that I'm not sorry. It was the last thing I said before I dumped her body into the lake, and the block of concrete I had strapped around her body instantly sent her under. I dusted off my hands and straightened out my dress before crossing my arms and looking out over the water.

Now what made this moment so special wasn't the girl. No, nothing about the girl was special. In fact, I was certain the stolen car she'd been driving in when I found her didn't even belong to her parents. She was no saint. Not that it would matter. I'd grown bored of hunting the wicked. I tried it for a time, and now I was over it. It was just a phase that I tried on for Benjamin's sake, but unfortunately it wasn't flattering on me one bit. Oh I was getting away with myself wasn't I? Back to the point, the thing that made this moment one to be remembered.

It was the first time I'd fed and properly disposed of a body. No more leaving them in dumpsters for the local police to find. No more leaving a blood trail leading straight to my door. In fact, it was as if the girl never existed, and quite frankly, it was tedious erasing her existence from the board completely. But it was a task I'd taken pride in. It was why I was still here actually. I wanted to make this moment last.

Ingrid Tupman... I moved my hands down to clasp them in front of myself, relaxed. She was young, she left this world too soon. Her family won't remember her, her friends, her teachers. I won't even remember her name tomorrow, but I will remember this moment, and in some way, I suppose that means she will live on, within me. So maybe I wasn't gifted and providing eulogies for people, it wasn't important, no one was here to hear it anyway.

Maybe I was being childish. I didn't even feel awful for not feeling awful. It was becoming harder and harder for me to feel guilt when I killed. I suppose that had something to do with me being the furthest thing from a vegetarian in my human life. I loved meat, and I never cried over my steaks or tied myself to a pig to prevent it's slaughter. This was no different.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Ingrid Tupman

Kyle Merrick | Vampire; Classic

Posted on Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:18 pm

OOC Message

It seemed that luck was on my side tonight. The owner of my first choice estate had excellent taste in suits, because after I was through with him, there was no saving the stains in my beloved leather jacket. I did the universe a favor by ridding it of that human. Not only was he extremely hostile to a poor gentleman whose car broke down a block away, but he thought trying to throw a punch would cause to me leave. Boy was he so very wrong. I'm sure he would've thought twice of his action if he knew it would only end with me crushing every single bone in his fist, where I would after grip both sides of his head and give it a little twist. By little twist, I mean until his head practically screwed off like a lightbulb and rolled down the front steps. 

I emerged from the tree line, after disposing the remains of my meal a mile back, to the voice of a woman, followed by the sound of water being disrupted. It was all coming from the dock that was before me. I listened closely for a human heart beat, but I heard none. The figure that was among me was no human. I slowly moved closer to the dock, in hopes to be not be detected. Not yet, at least. But as I looked beyond the dock, I was asking myself one question. Was I even in Index anymore? There was no way, a woman of such beauty who wore a gown with exquisite detailing hailed from the town of Index. The way the moonlight radiated off her dress, the way her brunette waves draped down on her back, this woman could not be real. 

But as I listened to the words she was speaking, I almost wanted to remove a plank from this constructed dock and drive it through her heart. Eulogy not included. Humans are meant to be nothing more but a food source. Yet there are vampires who see them as something more. Some see them as an escape from who and what they truly are, and some even believe they can experience true love with a human. And here was something I haven't witnessed before, one reciting a pathetic eulogy for a human. I thought the corrupted couldn't get worse. I'm afraid I was wrong. 

But what was stopping me from driving that plank through her heart? Was I memorized by her elegant beauty? That alone would make me a greater fool. No, there was something else. I felt, this connection to her. It was unusual. I remember having this feeling towards a selection of my kind many years ago, but I couldn't place the reasoning behind it. 

I moved normally now, the creaking of the wood originating from the sole of my shoe. I knew now she would know of my presence, just as I intended for. You're wrong. I finally spoke, my hands tucked inside my dress pockets as I stood still for a moment. I believe her pet hamster might miss her.   I smirked, my fangs beaming. Are you now going to address her many accomplishments, how she would've gone to the take world by storm.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:15 pm

My only regret tonight, was not choosing a meal with better fashion sense. It wasn't considered stealing if they were dead. They couldn't take their fancy cars and jewels with them to hell, now could they? The dress I wore tonight was one I had visited Elie Saab himself to acquire, but most of my closet was filled out with dinners hard earned money. If they were to die, then there was no point in letting their beautiful garments head to goodwill, or worse, their family. The thought was absolutely revolting. I exposed my fangs with a grin, wanting to laugh at the piss poor funeral I had given the young calf and stared at the fifty-one cents I had snatched from her pockets before wrapping her in plastic. I tossed them into the water after her so she could buy herself something pretty in the afterlife. I was after thicker wallets anyway.

I felt a chill, something I'd learned long ago never meant it was cold, not for my kind. It meant someone, or something was near. I didn't move, fearless was reckless they'd say, but fearless was power. And I was wholly fearless. Another indirect lesson from my maker. I was about to brush off the feeling, until I heard the wood from the dock creak behind me. And then there was a voice. My body stayed still, but my head turned to my side, my mouth hidden by my shoulder, and my eyes were staring not at the man, but the faint shadow his body was casting at the side of my feet, courtesy of the luminous moon. Pity, I killed her rodent too.

This is it Noelle, a new man to take the place of the last. No doubt this one would be just like the others, fun until he wasn't. But I was in dire need of a replacement. And honestly, I was no fool. This was how they always started. With a beautiful moment, a flame in the dark. Eventually that flame went out, some faster than others, but this moment was too beautiful to let him slip through my fingers. I finally turned around and tried to look sad over the loss of this non-existent rodent.

Handsome, check. Dresses for himself, not for occasions, check. Witty? Well we'd have to wait and see wouldn't we? Though I never cared much to learn what these men stored in their heads, usually because there wasn't much to begin with. I slowly moved towards him, gliding through his shadow, being particularly cautious of the volume of my steps. I took my time, enough time to let him get a view of the front of me this time, fangs still erect and a smirk that was threatening to spread into a wide grin. Had I seen him before? Met him perhaps? He felt oddly familiar but I was certain I would remember meeting this one. If I had, he probably would have been added to my collection, and he certainly hadn't made a mark on my metaphorical shelf. So what was it exactly?

I doubt she accomplished more than quenching my thirst, but I can add that to her list of successes if you'd like? I spoke as I moved around him, this time allowing myself to get a view from behind. My hand slid over his shoulder as I passed him, my eyes traveling all the way to the backside of his ankles, and they made their way back up to his face as my body found itself right in front of him again. Had breath been necessary, I was most definitely close enough to feel his. You look like a flavor I've tasted before, but I know I haven't... I cocked my head to the side and looked at him curiously with narrow eyes. If he was ice cream, he'd be rocky road, because I already knew he was trouble. And unfortunately, I had a habit of chasing trouble.

Back to top Go down

Kyle Merrick | Vampire; Classic

Posted on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:33 pm

My eyes trailed down her front, taking in her every movement. From the way her long legs strode in front of the other swiftly, to the way her hips swayed. This women was a walking masterpiece. Just who had I encountered? I remained still, my head and body facing the glittering waters, but my eyes follow her as she moved out of view. Although I did not possess the ability of having eyes on the back of head, I could feel hers examining my stature. She would find nothing out of place. 

If there was one thing that was obvious, she was indeed a vampire. Not just because of her still heart, but because of her confidence. It was in her eyes and the way she moved. I would know, I held the same confidence as her. No human could ever possess the confidence one gains when they are turned. As she grew closer, so did my suspicion of her character. Was she having the same feeling as well? Wondering what it could possibly be?  Please do. I'm sure it would mean just the absolute world to her family once they find her body. I mean, I paused to clear my throat.  If they find her body. I have to give you props on your choice of dumping grounds.

Her next words would confirm my questioning thoughts. She was confused as well. Trust me, I'm not a flavor that's easily forgotten. I graced my fingertips alongside her cheek before stepping aside. I had a feeling the same applied to her as well. I mean, just look at her. The way she dresses, the way she presents herself. When she walked around a town like this, she was a damn disco ball. I'm even daring to say she would cause heads to turn in Paris. She has my attention, which I knew was dangerous. 

I walked to the edge of the dock, and looked down into the waters to only meet my reflection. A reflection of a man, a creature, who possessed many secrets. A creature who possessed many desires, wants, and needs. But time. Time stood in his path. But for some of those desires, wants, and needs, time did not stand in his way. Something else did. Something much worse.

Do you host a memorial service for all your meals? I finally spoke, my head lifting upwards to the moon. I would stop as soon as possible. It's rather pathetic.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:58 pm

I'm so glad that you agree. I grinned, exposed fangs, excitedly, almost manically as my head turned to look out across the water. I was here to celebrate, and now I had someone to celebrate with, I couldn't hide my excitement even if I wanted to. She looked like mermaid, I only wanted to give her a watery grave so she could die as one. Her long wavy hair, not quite red, not quite blonde, no, strawberry blonde. The way her tears moistened her cheeks, exposing her sunkissed freckles as I tore into the flesh inside of her thigh. She really did remind me of a mermaid, and this is where she belonged.

The memory of her was already slipping, already blending into the endless ocean of memories I had of those I'd encountered in my short life. Her face, I couldn't quite remember her features. I did remember her red scarf, but that was silly, it was so insignificant. I was getting carried away again, my mind was all over the place tonight.

Well that's either cocky or confident, two things admittedly I seem to flock to. I smirked, leaning into his hand before letting my feet carry me to the edge of the dock to look at the water crashing against the rocky beach beside us. My smile widened, wider, wider, and then it was gone. I didn't frown, but my interest in him had disappeared as fast as it had arrived. I couldn't blame the poor thing, he had know idea who I was, who my maker was, I was certain it was just ignorance that made him so bold.

I walked towards him, slowly, finding the smile again when I arrived behind him. My hands slowly slid up his shoulders, then down his chest, reaching for the space between the buttons of his shirt so I could feel his skin underneath. Do you really want to know. I whispered in his ear as my hand slipped out of his shirt and moved lower. I pulled him back so I could move in front of him, one hand moving lower and lower, but not quite hitting the the lifeless thing between his legs. No, I was just teasing him, luring him in. It was my trademark, wasn't it?

My other hand found hat opening in his shirt again and my fingers firmly moved over his bare chest. I leaned in, pressing myself against him, letting my mouth  hover over his neck, and eventually his ear again. All you have to do, is say please. I spoke quietly, letting my tongue lightly lick his earlobe. My other hand began moving it's way back up, and when I felt that spot, right below his rib cage my lips moved to hover above his. When I went in for the kiss, that's when my hand went into him. It moved up through his insides and gripped his heart. No, I wasn't going to take it from him, I just wanted to see for myself. Just as I thought...

I shoved him back, and by doing so, my arm and hand were removed from him, drenched in blood. Absolutely dead. I said before bringing up my arm so  I could lick his blood off of it. But you're right, definitely not a flavor I'd forget.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics