setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Flashback - Page 2

[Private] Flashback

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Flashback

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:49 pm

I watched Sof my smile morphing into one of amused confusion when she flushed. That was.. unusual. Doing a lot of things? Since when were you so mysterious huh, Sof? I asked, raising an eyebrow. Don't need planning for a party either, not the type I'm thinking of. Just a bath-tub full of booze and someone to help clear away breakables beforehand.. now made easier that I've got a little helper. I grinned at her.

Ouch. You saying I've got to watch what I eat? I joked, pushing at Sof's shoulder as I walked towards the McDonalds. But McDonalds it is. You wait here, look after my stuff, and I'll get the food.

I returned a few minutes later and slapped the tray down on the table. It was practically brimming with food. I'd bought the whole works. Big Macs with fries and cokes, some extra cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets, and a McFlurry each for after. There was a handful of ketchup packets thrown in among the food too.

Don't say I never treat you. I sat down and grabbed one of the Big Macs, taking a bit out of it already. I chewed and set my gaze on Sof, finishing my mouthful before speaking, Now are you gonna tell me what's happening? Because I know you and something's going on. My gaze became a little serious, concerned, before I smiled again. I didn't want to pile the pressure on too much. We're friends, right? I know I've been a stranger but if there's anything you want to tell me.. I'm cool with it.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:19 pm

Since always. Got to watch out for the quiet ones, remember? I smirked, in hopes it would reassure him. But in reality, I was so nervous that he would once again see through me. Thankfully Rupert doesn't have x-ray vision, that way he can't see me fumbling with my fingers under the table. Anything I can do to help. My smirk relaxed into a soft smile.

I nodded my head, and just as he was a few tables away, I buried my face in my hands. He knows you're lying, you're screwed. I shook my head, exhaling while running my fingers through my hair. My life for the last several months have revolved around Benjamin, every change in my life is because of him. So what the heck am I going to say to Ru? Do I even bring up Benjamin? Of course not, because how would I even go about explaining my... "Relationship" or whatever with him? Well I was going to have to think of something fast because the second I looked up, Rupert was walking straight towards our table with the tray of food. 

My eyes almost bulged out of their sockets when I got a glance of the five course meal Rupert set down in front of us.  There is no way I'm eating all of this.   I slowly grabbed and started unwrapping one of the cheeseburgers when I heard him ask me once again. There was no escape. My mind was scrambling for anything to say... When it just slipped out.. There's this guy. And my heart dropped instantly, but I didn't let it show on my face. Instead I kept my eyes down and took a bite of the cheeseburger. 

Now I'm screwed.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:09 pm

Well no, I was kinda hoping I might get some too. I grinned, rolling my eyes when she went for the cheeseburger first. At least if she wasn't going to be eating it all she couldn't use that as an excuse not to spill whatever she was hiding. I, on the other hand, could use all the food I planned on eating as a tactic to get her to speak more. Hopefully she'd fill in any silences while I chewed rather than just leaving them... silent.

My eyes bugged a little when the words came out and I wondered if I'd heard wrong at first. A guy? I grinned, toning it down a second later. Called it! I knew it had to be a guy distracting you, that or you were a lesbian. I smirked mischievously at her and took another bite of my burger. So, what's he like? I'm guessing there's more to it than 'there's this guy'... I pulled one of the packs of fries so it was facing me and took a handful, and then pushed it towards Sof. Have some... while you tell me all about this mystery man. I was just hoping that the reason Sof had kept him on the down-low wasn't because he was an asshole. Sof had enough to deal with without a complicated relationship, besides her deserving better, and I already had more than enough to worry about in friend terms because of Gabe. Where he'd disappeared to was a bigger mystery than Sof's guy.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:48 pm

I nearly choked on the bite I had just taken when Ru even considered the idea of me being a lesbian. And how could he have just known it was either that or a guy had come into my life? Maybe it was just the case of writer's block, or I've just been down. Everyone has those times.  Definitely not a lesbian. I spoke dryly, taking a drink from my Coke when I realized my mouth had gone dry. But then I remained silent for only a moment, knowing Ru wasn't going to stop pressing on the topic, and focused all of my energy on figuring out how I was going to go about this conversation. But my thinking process was interrupted when he pushed the pack of fries towards me and the words that followed, knowing I was going to have to compose myself and just wing it.

He's like nobody I've ever met before in my life. For as long as I've known him, he always finds a way to keep surprising me, even with the little things. I trailed off, a small smile appearing on my face. I said I would wing it, but the words I spoke came completely natural, and with hundred percent truth.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:50 pm

I'll take your word for it. I grinned cheekily, but the grin soon faded from my face into a slight smile. Sof sounded pretty serious about the guy she'd met. It made me wonder exactly how much I'd missed. What was most important though, was her smile. Whoever the guy was he seemed to be doing a decent job of making Sof happy. It only made me curious why she'd never mentioned him before, or why I hadn't met the guy, for that matter. I hated to feel protective but.. that was exactly what I damn felt. I was torn between feeling oddly proud of her, worried, and maybe a bit jealous too.

Like nobody else, huh? Well, I'm just happy you're having fun with someone finally instead of keeping your nose in those books all the time. Books are great but you need a little more, live your own story, yeah? Anyway, 'sounds like you really like the guy. You known him long? I asked, really hoping that whoever it was wasn't taking advantage of Sof. She was pretty, and in my opinion vulnerable so I wouldn't put it put some sleazebags using that to his advantage. I bet he's a bookworm like you, right? I grinned, before taking another bite from my burger.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics