setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Flashback - Page 3

[Private] Flashback

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Flashback

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:52 am

I shook my head and returned back to the now. After I spilled only a fraction of the beans to Ru, my mind drifted off to the dream I had last night - and as of recently I've been referring to them as The Dream Sequence. My smile widened at his words, even though for the most part Ru puts on a serious tone, it was always comforting when his caring aspect broke through.  That means a lot, Rupert. Really. My smile softened as I reached over and placed my hand over his, squeezing it a little.

His words kept repeating after I pulled my hand away and finished eating my hamburger. Live your own story. That one phrase, it sounded as if it was taken from film or book. Those few words were just so, moving? But it was true. I thought back to my years of travel and how I convinced myself that was my story, but eventually that story ran short and now I'm back home where I feel as if my story has yet to begin.  We met at the beginning of this year. I replied, trying not to sound completely surprised. How it really been that long since we first met?

But Ru's next question had me even more surprised, not because I wasn't taken off guard, but because I truly had no idea if Ben even liked reading books. We never really got around to that subject on the date we've never had, and when I was at his apartment, I never took the time to look at his book collection because the thought never crossed my mind... Did Ben even have bookshelves? But despite if he did or didn't like reading, would that really change how I felt about him? I didn't want to lie but I also didn't want to just answer "I don't know" because that may raise suspicion, so I guess keep it as vague as possible but thoughtful.  He's not as crazy as I am. But then again I'm a whole different level of what one defines a bookworm.

With all this talk and Ben and I, it got me thinking if Ru had anybody in his life. It was also the perfect opportunity to divert the conversation away from Ben.  How about you, though? Is there someone who's caught your eye?

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:13 am

Hey, no need to get sappy. I let her squeeze my hand and then went in for another fry, Big Mac sat between my other fingers. Beginning of the year, huh? And no introduction? You trying to tell me something? I joked, but I was wondering why at the same time. The privacy involved only indicated it really was serious. I chewed thoughtfully. Pretty much a photo of you under bookworm in the dictionary, so yeah. I grinned after finishing my mouthful. So he's not another writer? I was surprised - maybe it was short-sighted of me, but it was the only way I could imagine Sof meeting anyone. Then again she seemed to have grown in herself since I'd last seen her.

I shook my head, fighting off a grin. No, nooo, not like that, anyway. I'm not really... I tried to think of the best way to word it, considering Sof, I don't want to settle down yet. There's been plenty of women who've caught my eye but just not in the way this guy seems to have caught yours. I smirked, stroking at my stubble. My mischievous gaze faded when I thought of something else that had been occupying my time. And I've been busy with some other stuff. It's not even work, nothing that 'fun'... I let out a hollow laugh, One of my friend's gone missing and I've been trying to find him. It's not that I haven't been having fun too, it's just not the same going to a bar when I'm there wondering why he isn't there next to me. It was a sobering conversation, but not one I was just going to avoid. if we were being honest to each other.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:52 pm

No, of course not! You'll meet him, eventually. I finally blurted out, my insides cringed knowing I was going to very much regret that in the future. I jokingly rolled my eyes at his remark. But his next question had me avoiding eye contact and sipping my drink as I looked around the food court instead for any possible distraction.  No.  I murmured. Ben a writer? Would writing up reports for patients count as being a writer? Of course not, at least not the writer Rupert is expecting me to be with.

I chewed and swallowed a couple more fries as I listened in, hearing Ru deny any woman catching his eye. Which got me remembered of when I first returned to Index and how he was the first person I ran into, and how my attraction towards him was still there. If Sofia from then heard him say these words, her heart may had fluttered. But now... I'm just happy to have him in my life, seeing how healthy and well he is.  Like I said, he's something else.

But body ran cold as my face softened when Ru stated his friend was missing. I leaned forward and propped my elbows on the surface as I listened intently. I allowed him to finish before I spoke up.  Oh my god, Ru. I am so sorry. Are you okay? How long has he been missing? When was the last time you saw him? Did he leave a note or something? I paused after realizing I was basically interrogating him.  Sorry, that was a bit much... Is there anything I can do to help?

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:03 pm

I chuckled to myself, fully enjoying Sof's awkwardness. While I felt marginally bad about enjoying it so much, I figured she deserved it a little for keeping her mystery guy such a mystery, plus she looked cute so uncomfortable. Okay, I'll stop grilling you. I'll hold you to that eventually though. I said, raising my drink and taking a few sucks on the straw.

I took a few more sucks when Sof went into emotional overdrive, glancing round us and then back to her with a close-lipped smile. It was a big deal in a way but it still felt embarrassing for her to act like it, especially with concern over me. It wasn't me that was missing. I'm fine. I said, raising an eyebrow. No, don't worry... it's big news, I get it. A lot to suddenly spring on someone. It wouldn't have been such a shock if I'd pulled my thumb out and seen you sooner. Maybe I'd have even been able to introduce you. Gabriel, did I even mention he was one of the reasons I came here? I felt bad that I couldn't remember having done so, couldn't remember even talking about him to Sof. No note, no thing. It's been a few months since now. I've reported it to the cops, they're not really doing anything, put up a few posters myself and... don't really know what else to do. I've kinda at a loss. I shrugged, taking another bite of burger. Honestly, you know I'm not out for a relationship right now but I'd even rather have spent the last few months in one than worrying about Gabe. I tried to joke, continuing chewing when I felt it fell flat.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:13 pm

And here I was thinking after all this time I hadn't seen Ru he was spending his days hiking and his nights at bars. I would have never guessed he was going through something as distressed as his friend being missing. Gabriel? I don't think you have. I tried to think back to the times Ru and I were together in hopes I would remember if he ever mentioned someone by the name of Gabriel, but no luck. This guy must be pretty important to him to the point where he would want to move back to Index.

My heart sunk at the though of Ru walking around town, with a stack of missing person posters with, and plastering each all over. Gabriel must be something else too. But my heart sunk even further hearing about the police not doing much to help find him. I knew that feeling.  I swear, you can't trust or rely on the police. They were no help when I needed them. I was almost certain their excuse for ending the search wasn't because they had no new leads, I firmly believed it was because they were terrified of searching for him any further. 

Well I don't blame you for thinking that, relationships are definitely a good distraction. I knew the feeling all too well. My life seemed to revolve around distractions. Why else did I spend the last ten years of my life traveling the world after what had happened? Even though that part of my life is over, I have Ben who is basically a distraction... A very complicated distraction.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics