setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Flashback

[Private] Flashback

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Flashback

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:25 am

Thread Details

Northbrook Shopping Mall | chilly | 12:26pm

OOC Message

The dreams were getting worse. Nightmares was probably a better word to describe them. At first they were just of Ben, every single night. By no means am I complaining. But for the last week, every night it was a flashback to the day my family was killed. My dreams - my nightmares, weren't of what actually happened. They were of what happened before everything hit the fan that day. Like everyone having breakfast, everyone but Sage, when I was at school wondering where the hell my brother was, and the quiet walk home from school. But before I stepped foot through the front door, I woke up. Every single time.

But last night was different. Instead of what happened that day, it was of the night before... When Sage and I spoke last. It was probably around one in the morning, we climbed through his window and sat on the roof for about an hour, just talking like we always did. I told Sage how happy I was, how I was thrilled where life was taking me, how excited I was for my new adventures, but then I woke up. And the next day, he would have taken all of that away from me.

I couldn't remember the last time I even touched my journal. I sat here, in the mall food court of all places, just staring at the blank journal entry in front of me that was staring right back. I felt that ever since Ben came into the picture that is my life, I lost part a of me. I didn't think, I knew I did. But I lost the part of me that kept me together, kept me sane for so many years - my writing. Writing has been my escape, my security blanket. And I just abandoned it. But not today. I wasn't about to let my journal collect anymore dust, it collected enough. I slouched into my chair as I gnawed on the top of my pen, my eyes fixed on the blank page. 

Come on Sof, I know there's some juice left in that brain of yours, I urged myself.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Flashback

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:04 am

OOC Message

Shopping bags crinkling in hand, I wandered through the mall towards the food court, letting my nose guide me. It was one of my rest days so I was taking it easy, no strenuous exercise or hardcore gaming, just some window shopping while I let my body relax. A treat of greasy junk food sounded the perfect way to start the afternoon, I just had to decide which place to pig out at.

I almost walked by when I noticed the familiar head of red hair, though familiar might be the wrong word as it felt I'd hardly seen Sof since I moved into my own place. I stopped and backpedaled a bit, grinning as I quietly walked up to her and tried to work out what she was doing. Writing?

The amount of times I catch you writing you'd think you don't do anything else, but the party invite I'm missing proves otherwise. I set my bags down by the table and pulled out the chair opposite Sof. Hey. How's life? I asked, raising an eyebrow when I noticed she'd been chewing her pen. You know we're in a food court, Sof? All this choice and you're chewing plastic. Your pen can't taste that good. I grinned at her.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:31 pm

Minutes passed, minutes that didn't include me writing a single word. I could really use a distraction of any sort right about now. Then it happened. I guess it's more like, he happened. My eyes darted to the sound of a voice I hadn't heard in what felt like years, to the face that was now seated in front of me, and a smile is immediately present on my face.  How's life? Oh you know, ever since you moved out I've just been so depressed and lonely.  I frowned, but shortly turned into a smirk.  How about you? How's your new place? I'm still waiting for my housewarming party invitation, you know.

I glanced down at my blank journal entry and flipped it closed, placing my pen on the cover. Ru isn't stupid. He knows me enough to suspect something was wrong if he found out I was having trouble writing. I looked back up, grinning at him.  Don't judge, Hemingway. I'll have you know that my pen is very delicious.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:42 am

Who wouldn't be depressed and lonely without me? I grinned at Sof, drumming my hands lightly on the table. For a rest day from gym I was annoyingly full of energy. Hey, like I'm still waiting for the invite to your book premiere? I had no idea if books had 'premieres' like movies but I'd never pretended to know a lot about books and I wasn't about to start. I've been great though, and that's a cool idea, a housewarming party. If I knew more people round here I'd do it. I could have a belated housewarming party... I looked back to Sof, realising I'd started to drift off in thought. I'll think on that. But the place is beyond cool, even if I do say so myself. Just feels me, beats living with my parents too like I did in Cali. I finally know what people mean when they talk about having their own place. Are you sure you haven't been round? I've been so busy I can hardly remember who has but damn, well - we'll have to fix that. I flashed her another grin, beaming widely at Sof.

So... having trouble writing? I asked, having seen the flash of blank paper before Sof had ever so obviously closed her journal. She'd been writing ever since I'd known her and if she wasn't writing, something was up. I was about to pry further when my stomach let out a loud, hungry gurgle, interrupting the conversation. I scoffed at Sof's pen and stood back up, gesturing for her to stay sat. Uh.. yeah, I'll take your word on that one, keep the pen to yourself. But I'll get you something even more delicious to go with it - no arguing - it'll be my treat. What d'you want? Taco Bell? Micky D's? I looked around the food court at the large selection and then back to Sof with a lopsided smile. She didn't exactly give off the vibe of someone who frequented those sort of food places. Or is fast food not good enough for someone who's traveled around the world? I look at you and I think... I narrowed my eyes at her, pretending to muse on it, Sushi? I laughed a little and shook my head, moving on from the joke. Give a guy a hand, I can't even decide what I want to eat. I'll have to get one of everything and really get the bang outta my buck from my gym membership. I patted at my toned stomach.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:08 am

Don't worry, you'll be the first in line for a signed copy. I promise. I haven't thought about my dream to publish a book since the last time I saw Rupert. My mind has been elsewhere for the last few months, so talking about that dream again warmed my heart. I'm glad to hear you've been settling in well. It took a while for me to make my home feel like home. I've been pretty busy myself, just doing a lot of things. Most of the time I've been doing someone. The thought causes my cheeks to flush. I rolled my eyes at myself as I pull my head out of the gutter.  But hey, better late than never. If you would like any help planning or whatever, feel free to give me a call. I'd be more than happy to help in any shape or form. I smiled softly.

I was really hoping he would have looked the other way, but it's Rupert. He knows me better than anyone in this town, so he'll know something is wrong when my journal page is blank. I mentally shook my fist at him for noticing.  Just a little writer's block. Even crazy writers like me get writer's block. It'll pass. I hope. If this "little" writer's block doesn't rid off, that's when I'll know I've lost myself. I was relieved when he changed the subject, especially to something as delicious as food.  Trust me, I'd be lying if I said I didn't splurge on some Micky D's when I traveled the world, especially since the menu was different in each country I visited.   Rupert was definitely bringing on the nostalgic vibes, it always seemed to happen when I was around him. It was one of the things I admired when we spent time together.  You know me too well, Ru. I love sushi. I exclaimed.  It's very hard not to fall in love with sushi when you live in Tokyo. My time living in Tokyo was most definitely when I experimented with lots of different kinds of food. I'm okay with some Mickey D's, but only if your physique can take the punch.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics